As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalliad: Hades

• Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hoorah for Ardor and Lady Eri. Both were awesome. Squasha, Nerissa, awesome work at record-keeping. You guys won the game!

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I shall hide in here after dieing in the D&D one. :P

I would want to try my own phalla game again, this time I wont have the internet fuck up on me and have Cass do some of the specials differently than I would of liked, and forgetting one too, no offense Cass, but I guess it was my fault for not being there.

I would like someone to just help with the vote counting, pm's, and times I may be away.

My theme would be something like it's the aftermath of a battle, semi futuristic btw, and the remaining people left on the good side are going back to an outpost. Some of the bad guys who survived hid themselves amongst them by putting on the uniforms of the fallen people. It will have some small gadgets and maybe mutants.

If anyone wants any help with running a Phalla between the 30th of March and the 15th of April i'll be on easter break so available and bored.

Johannen on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll throw in another vote of thanks to ElJeffe for an awesome game. A great way to start my phalla experience, even if I did die in the carnage that was Night 3 (which was fucking epic, by the way).

Locus on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

I would want to try my own phalla game again, this time I wont have the internet fuck up on me and have Cass do some of the specials differently than I would of liked, and forgetting one too, no offense Cass, but I guess it was my fault for not being there.

I would like someone to just help with the vote counting, pm's, and times I may be away.

My theme would be something like it's the aftermath of a battle, semi futuristic btw, and the remaining people left on the good side are going back to an outpost. Some of the bad guys who survived hid themselves amongst them by putting on the uniforms of the fallen people. It will have some small gadgets and maybe mutants.

If anyone wants any help with running a Phalla between the 30th of March and the 15th of April i'll be on easter break so available and bored.

That would be too soon for me I think, since I would like to do it during summer when I'm not busy, sorry Joahannen. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So anyone running another oDaM Phalla game?

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Good show, good show! Lets do this again sometime.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Johannen wrote: »

That would be too soon for me I think, since I would like to do it during summer when I'm not busy, sorry Joahannen. :P

That's cool, i'll just work out, eat, drink, and play videogames.

....Wait a sec! I'm not available to run any Phallas in that time. :P

Johannen on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Yar wrote: »
    It seems the keys to victory are

1) Record-keeping (Nerissa, Squashua, and others. This is actually the easy part.)
    2) Leadership/strategy (Ardor, maybe howl but I couldn't tell)
    3) Shrewd analysis of others' behaviors (this can often yield little, or even backfire, but GOD DAMN Eri, you had this down - figured 3 spies just with your own logic?)

Also I'd like to point out how much longer I survived than Dynagrip, and much more useful I was, and how he is totally lame and sniffs his own butt.
    You must have skimmed over the part where I you know, immediately latched on to Elendil, or started bird dogging ManningsEquation on the first day and even pointed at Andrew_Jay a bit. No matter, I didn't have the time or inclination to follow my hunches up with any great vigor, due to work and pursuing a real personal life, so, yeah. Go team!

Finding out why the dead went after me was fairly amusing. Man, were they so wrong.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    I don't know either ArrBeeBee.

I'm still amazed that we lost basically a spy a night for 5 straight days. And most of all I want ot know why Rygar killed me, I didn't think I was being that suspicious.

I gave the living vessels 3 choices of people I didn't have enough information on as targets if they wanted to kill. Your name was there and Rygar decided he didn't want to die before blowing someone up. He happened to choose you. I don't really know why. Your kill was simply a shot in the dark at that time.

It did fit with my 9-30 post ultimatum though.

When I posted the names of everyone in that group, I left yours out in hopes that the spies would also kill you, thus saving Rygar his kill. I didn't realize how lucky we were that you happened to be a spy. While nobody mentioned it in the village, upon my death and reading the 20+ pages down here, it seems several people noticed that I left it out.

That was also the day we decided to have the village make a lot of noise to help us cover up three of our specials in hopes they would last until the end. I had Buzz Buzz, Squashua and Johannen help me write up those reports on folks without me telling them who they were. Other than you taking down Variable and getting his staff, the other two are still up there.

Honestly? RBB was seered, I don't know who the 2nd spy was. Cass made a mistake that several people, lead by Lady Eri, caught. You were blind luck. Johannen gave me enough information to nail Manning and I pushed for AJ. We simply trusted Dyna on Elendil, since he knows the regulars fairly well here, we figured he would know if someone was acting unusual.

Lady Eri's hand has a long reach....

....I hear she tried to kill Athan on night 3!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »

1) Record-keeping (Nerissa, Squashua, and others. This is actually the easy part.)
    3) Shrewd analysis of others' behaviors (this can often yield little, or even backfire, but GOD DAMN Eri, you had this down - figured 3 spies just with your own logic?)

Also I'd like to point out how much longer I survived than Dynagrip, and much more useful I was, and how he is totally lame and sniffs his own butt.
    You must have skimmed over the part where I you know, immediately latched on to Elendil, or started bird dogging ManningsEquation on the first day and even pointed at Andrew_Jay a bit. No matter, I didn't have the time or inclination to follow my hunches up with any great vigor, due to work and pursuing a real personal life, so, yeah. Go team!

Finding out why the dead went after me was fairly amusing. Man, were they so wrong.

:cough:Cass:cough:

:P

Smasher on
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I did catch that visible was a phylakas. I overestimated, figuring you guys couldn't be that stupid and were trying to lure me into wasting the soul slurp.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Who's running the next phalla in here? If the spot's free I have a novel idea I'd be willing to run, preferably with a partner.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Who's running the next phalla in here? If the spot's free I have a novel idea I'd be willing to run, preferably with a partner.

You're at least the third person to ask that since the game ended. Nobody has claimed the spot for certain.

On a related topic, Eragon comes out on DVD soon, sweet.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Nobody has claimed the spot for certain.

I'm spitting on the spot. Now nobody else can have it.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is the game over?\

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is the game over?\
    Yep. You and your friends are dead.
    GAME OVER

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Good Game All....

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Damn it I was right about who we should have killed... Damn you Athan!

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    Well post the sign ups already, I have a full Phalla ready to go after your done.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I had intended to wait a short while before beginning, several days at least, to give everyone a break so that they don't lose interest. Sign ups will come sooner than that, though.

Edit: visiblehowl will be helping.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    BunyipBunyip Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What?! Did that not suck, or something?

Bunyip on
    twobit2a.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bunyip wrote: »
    What?! Did that not suck, or something?

Yes, it did, terribly. The fucking dwarves were human, and the elves were human! The story and the acting was terrible! What the fuck, production values?

I really despised that movie. Thorgot, if you know what's best for you, don't!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Other thread was locked, so I'll post here:

Awesome game, ElJeffe! Everything was top notch.

Shamus on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

:cough:Cass:cough:

:P
    :whistle:

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

thanks for bringing me back so I could be one of the three survivors.

FUCK YEAH ATHAN EAT IT.

masterfully done el jeffe since I know I'm late on the thank you's.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    By the way, sorry to screw around with you guys so much after I got killed. I doubt it accomplished much, but I couldn't help myself.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    By the way, sorry to screw around with you guys so much after I got killed. I doubt it accomplished much, but I couldn't help myself.

I know I was trying to get everybody to completely ignore you but it was one of the more fun parts of being dead. Good game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You'll like my next game, I think.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll probably sign up for it. I was actually kind of dissapointed that I got picked for spy this time. I wanted to start building up a rep of being a middle ground between a Rygar and a PrecisionK. That way I could have fun every game without regard to wether or not I was a spy.

Now I'm just known for sleeping through entire bandwagons. >.>

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's pretty fun.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yay, a new game so soon after my death in the mole one. :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    XenoZergieXenoZergie Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanks ElJeffe for making my first Phalla ever an epic of awesome. I promise I'll post more next time, but at least I wasn't one of the people who choked on my own cock.

XenoZergie on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God dammit, now I have like 50 something pages of Hades to read. Anyways, fun game Jeffe!

Btw, has there ever been a Phalla where the villagers lose? :P

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    God dammit, now I have like 50 something pages of Hades to read. Anyways, fun game Jeffe!

Btw, has there ever been a Phalla where the villagers lose? :P

ElJeffe's last one in fact. Granted that one was based upon Cthulhu so even if the villagers somehow managed to kill all the cultists they'd still have lost.

D&D's Rishi as well. They should have won Communist Phalla but something about not bothering to submit kill orders ruined it for them.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, when is the next Phalla and in which forum? I'm pretty sure there's a D&D one and a G&T one going on right now.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, when is the next Phalla and in which forum? I'm pretty sure there's a D&D one and a G&T one going on right now.

I believe that is correct. D&D has a sign-up list to keep track of who is doing the next one over there, I think there's a 1-2 week breather period between games there.

I think RBB is going to start sign-ups over here soon for a new game, then someone else (Rygar?) says they've got one ready to go next. At this rate, each forum is going to need its own schedule list. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They tend to give 3-4 week breaks in D&D, mostly because it slows down the entire rest of the forum and many of the regulars who are not interested in the phalla games, don't have many people contributing to the actual discussions at hand.

Ardor on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Yay, a new game so soon after my death in the mole one. :P

Hey, why did you guys kill me in the Mole game? Was it the possibility of my super secret powers or was it because I was just annoying? I figured with all the confusion I was causing you would want to keep me alive.

Locus on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    @RBB - Are you posting sign-ups here or in D&D (which should be the name of ODAM if you think about it)?

So many Phallas, I think there should be a forum just for Phalla at this juncture.

Squashua on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    thanks for bringing me back so I could be one of the three survivors.

FUCK YEAH ATHAN EAT IT.

masterfully done el jeffe since I know I'm late on the thank you's.
    The network determined that you would be the coolest choice, since you'd died so many times and you were a Phlake and all that.

Yar on