As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalliad: Hades

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nerissa wrote: »
    This just in, from the main thread:
    Ardor wrote: »
    Sorry for not being able to post more until now.

I've listed some suspicions about RBB and why I'm going to vote for him, and now I've got one more reason to vote for him. We dreamed about him because we thought he'd make a great ally. However, he turned out to make a great staking target for today as we were told he was 'all kinds of spy'.

Let's vote him to Hades and call it a day.

So we have two choices...

1) target him in case he's Athan

2) let the village get him, knowing that if he DOES turn out to be Athan, we can get him tomorrow

I like option 2. Squashua is talking about putting precisionk into the #2 spot, which I would be happy with. Perhaps we should just go ahead after Senor Fish?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If we let the village handle it and ArrBeeBee turns out to be Athan, it would probably be another two nights until we can take him out, because presumably the dead spies would use their guardian ability on our first attempt to bring ArrBeeBee down here with the rest of us.

Edit: But, for the record, I'd go with option 2 anyway.

Locus on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Number one is a good idea if we can't agree of anyone else reeking of spy

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    If we let the village handle it and ArrBeeBee turns out to be Athan, it would probably be another two nights until we can take him out, because presumably the dead spies would use their guardian ability on our first attempt to bring ArrBeeBee down here with the rest of us.

There's only a 20% chance he's Athan, and if we're wrong we only lose one day, since we'd presumably be blocked tonight if he is Athan and we do decide to go for him.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

There's only a 20% chance he's Athan, and if we're wrong we only lose one day, since we'd presumably be blocked tonight if he is Athan and we do decide to go for him.

Wait, are you arguing for or against going after ArrBeeBee tonight? Honestly I don't think one plan is significantly better than the other, I was just noting that there's potentially one extra day of waiting.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Wait, are you arguing for or against going after ArrBeeBee tonight? Honestly I don't think one plan is significantly better than the other, I was just noting that there's potentially one extra day of waiting.

I am arguing against going for RBB, because there is an 80% chance he will be a regular spy and our kill will be wasted. As others have noted, we really shouldn't be trying to waste our kills, since we have better information than the fleshies do. Bliss 101 seems to have twigged to Senor Fish as well, so I feel ready to go ahead and vote for Senor Fish. (Retracted)

EDIT: It was Bliss who made the post about SF, not Blarney.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think manning's equation is a spy because he repeatedly and annoyingly kept trying to start bandwagons against cass the first two days because she didn't let him into her game.

Unless this was a hugely clever ruse, it implicates his innocence.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I say we let the living take him out for now, while we target someone we are suscipous of, the people I'm looking at are Senor Fish, Serpent, and MrBlarney.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This just in, from the main thread:
    Ardor wrote: »
    Sorry for not being able to post more until now.

I've listed some suspicions about RBB and why I'm going to vote for him, and now I've got one more reason to vote for him. We dreamed about him because we thought he'd make a great ally. However, he turned out to make a great staking target for today as we were told he was 'all kinds of spy'.

Let's vote him to Hades and call it a day.

So we have two choices...

1) target him in case he's Athan

2) let the village get him, knowing that if he DOES turn out to be Athan, we can get him tomorrow

I like option 2. Squashua is talking about putting precisionk into the #2 spot, which I would be happy with. Perhaps we should just go ahead after Senor Fish?

I think I agree with this. So far, I haven't seen any better candidate that isn't already on the living village's hit list. We don't want to duplicate their kills if we don't need to.

I vote Senor Fish for now, until and unless a better candidate comes along.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    jackisreal -- he's either really not paying attention or he's a spy trying to make it look like he's not -- at about 11:30 on day THREE he made a comment that "there are only 3 spies" after significant amounts of discussion had just been going on over the true number of spies

In the Red Scare game, he was pretty active both in the thread and in PMs; I was a communist mole in the defender group he was a member of, so I had a lot of contact with him. He was a good guy that time.
    Serpent -- has really been under my radar... does he usually contribute more than this?

Now that you mention it, he's playing this game very similar to how he played the Red Scare game, where he was a communist.

Yea after Nerissa's post I realized he has barely, if at all, made any contributions at all. Plus I have a grudge against him from that game, so he will be my safe vote for now incase I'm not around when there is a better lead.

I !vote for Serpent.

In the Communist and Castle games (in both of which he was a commie/assassin) he was an active poster, having the second most posts in the commie game and being in the upper third in the castle game. In contrast, this game he has a whopping 9 posts. If he's a spy this time too, he's playing it way differently than usual.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for Senor Fish as well, for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else.

Locus on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    jackisreal -- he's either really not paying attention or he's a spy trying to make it look like he's not -- at about 11:30 on day THREE he made a comment that "there are only 3 spies" after significant amounts of discussion had just been going on over the true number of spies

In the Red Scare game, he was pretty active both in the thread and in PMs; I was a communist mole in the defender group he was a member of, so I had a lot of contact with him. He was a good guy that time.
    Serpent -- has really been under my radar... does he usually contribute more than this?

Now that you mention it, he's playing this game very similar to how he played the Red Scare game, where he was a communist.

Yea after Nerissa's post I realized he has barely, if at all, made any contributions at all. Plus I have a grudge against him from that game, so he will be my safe vote for now incase I'm not around when there is a better lead.

I !vote for Serpent.

In the Communist and Castle games (in both of which he was a commie/assassin) he was an active poster, having the second most posts in the commie game and being in the upper third in the castle game. In contrast, this game he has a whopping 9 posts. If he's a spy this time too, he's playing it way differently than usual.

I don't remember him posting much in the Castle game, and the communist one I can't remember good enough how frequent the people there posted.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I !vote for Serpent.

Did he really post that much in the commie game? If my recollection is wrong and he did, it doesn't necessarily mean anything since in that game he was a sleeper agent, totally out of contact with the other commies for the first several days.

EDIT: I forgot those threads are in the Archives. Smasher's right about the numbers.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Did RBB admit to being a spy in the main thread?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Did RBB admit to being a spy in the main thread?

Pretty much, yeah.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah. Ardor said RBB got seered last night and turned up spy.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is there any consensus on who we should go for if the fleshies decide to put Senor Fish in second place? precisionk, maybe?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

First he said he suspected him and he voted for him, then he said he got the results. I'm wondering why he would vote for RBB without knowing if he knew that he was going to find out?

I wonder if he maybe lied about seering RBB to see if he could get a confession?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

First he said he suspected him and he voted for him, then he said he got the results. I'm wondering why he would vote for RBB without knowing if he knew that he was going to find out?

I wonder if he maybe lied about seering RBB to see if he could get a confession?

A ballsy move if he did. But if it didn't work he'd probably lose some credibility even though we know he's a seer. The spies could be all "but look at RBB, he's probably just trying to get a confession out of [target], and he's not confessing so he's probably innocent" or something and maybe swing enough votes to escape death.

Smasher on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think we should kill RBB. He basically admitted to being a spy. If he's Athan, we'll save the living a day.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I think we should kill RBB. He basically admitted to being a spy. If he's Athan, we'll save the living a day.

I agree. Just in case he is Athan and the seer just returns a spy we should vote for him. If the people up top were smart they'd let us do it and vote for someone else (not that they have any other leads I guess).

I vote to suck the soul out of RBB.

tofu on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is there any consensus on who we should go for if the fleshies decide to put Senor Fish in second place? precisionk, maybe?

I think that both precisionk and Dynagrip were suspicious over the first few days (for no concrete reason, though Dynagrip's hair-trigger defense of Cass and whiplash-inducing turnaround is pretty odd). He's also not being as insulting as typical (other than that), so...hm.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I'd say either him or Dynagrip. I'd pretty much convinced myself Dyna was innocent until I looked at the post counts, now I'm leaning back toward my initial feelings there.

Right now, the two of them plus Senor Fish are tops on my suspicion list, although I'm not all that certain I WANT any of them here with me. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

My guess is he lied at first to see who would argue against voting for RBB. Those would then become prime suspects for spies.

EDIT: I think the question of Dynagrip's innocence boils down to this: do we really want him down here or do we want the living to have to deal with him?

EDIT2: That was a joke. :P

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Actually, that's kind of a good point: Do we really want more spies down here?

Right now, they only get one kill and one block, and we're more or less assuming they'll burn their kill on Ardor tonight. But the better our side does, the harder it is to actually whack Athan--I'm guessing they'll either get a new ability every death, or add to their existing ones (more blocks, more kills).

We do need them all dead to win, so the longer we wait to find and slurp Athan, the worse off we are--but, depending on the number of kills the living Greeks get, maybe we should consider the math behind identifying as many as we can without killing them (including Athan), then taking them in one swoop (or Athan, then the rest). Should the Phylakes resurrect Ardor, we can rally the Erinys and take out three or even four at once (assuming we get lucky on seerings).

(The assumption is that RBB is Athan, that we slurp him and get blocked only once, slurp him again, tomorrow, and he's done versus finding other Greeks, slurping/killing them, finding Athan, and having the kill dragged out over more days as the blocks get burned.)

I don't know, the chances might be too big a gamble. We'll know what he is regardless tonight. :)
    Anyway, what is our current dead votecount?

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    How do we identify them without killing them? The only way to do that is to seer them, and as soon as that happens the living are going to send them down here anyway.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I don't think we want Dyna down here if we were the ones who killed him. If the fleshies voted him down, I don't think he'd bear us a grudge, though.

EDIT: A hasty count shows 3 for Senor Fish, 2 for RBB and one for precisionk.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ugh... I just had an odd idea. After further consideration, I don't think it's a danger, but I want to get it out there.

What if the spies down here use their block on RBB tonight to make us THINK he's Athan even if he isn't?

I'm thinking this isn't a problem, mainly because if that happens, we take him down tomorrow night anyway and they've used up their one-time block. Also, I suspect it's likely to show in the narration, but it might not.

However, the reason I wanted to get it out there is that if the kill IS blocked tonight, we shouldn't get too complacent about having done "our" job. We might still have some job left to do.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ugh... I just had an odd idea. After further consideration, I don't think it's a danger, but I want to get it out there.

What if the spies down here use their block on RBB tonight to make us THINK he's Athan even if he isn't?

I'm thinking this isn't a problem, mainly because if that happens, we take him down tomorrow night anyway and they've used up their one-time block. Also, I suspect it's likely to show in the narration, but it might not.

However, the reason I wanted to get it out there is that if the kill IS blocked tonight, we shouldn't get too complacent about having done "our" job. We might still have some job left to do.

The mechanics post says the dead spies can block one spirit kill. I don't think they can stop the fleshy vote.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    The mechanics post says the dead spies can block one spirit kill. I don't think they can stop the fleshy vote.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

oops, I missed that. I'm going to have to go back and re-read that stuff again some time when I'm not (a) exhausted, (b) distracted by a toddler, or (c) supposed to be actually doing work. That leaves about a 30 minute window after the munchkin goes to bed, I think. :|

Nerissa on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    *Yawwwn*

Hey guys what's...up. Why the hell is there a sword sticking out of my chest?!

Oh goddamnit.

So, apparently I was killed. Meh, that means the spies thought I was some kind of super player! Yeah, that must be it.

Anyhow, I haven't gone back and read the living game since I checked to see if I was dead or alive and am gonna go do this now. Why has the seer not come forward down here?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Anyhow, I haven't gone back and read the living game since I checked to see if I was dead or alive and am gonna go do this now. Why has the seer not come forward down here?

That's a good question. Is there any compelling reason the dead oracle shouldn't reveal themself?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Why has the seer not come forward down here?

Not sure what the point would be, since they don't get any special powers down here. They only count toward the total specials for purposes of figuring OUR special powers.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Association with living people exposing their circle, maybe?

By the way,

HEY LIVING PEOPLE

STOP READING THIS THREAD

PLAY NICE

Thank you.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Not sure what the point would be, since they don't get any special powers down here. They only count toward the total specials for purposes of figuring OUR special powers.

More than even that, we've got no way what so ever to verify them ourselves.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Also quite true, since we're not 100% sure of the identity of one of the spies in our midst.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Also quite true, since we're not 100% sure of the identity of one of the spies in our midst.

Fortunately, I can't see any way in which it matters.

I only wanted to know the oracle for curiosity's sake.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Fortunately, I can't see any way in which it matters.

I only wanted to know the oracle for curiosity's sake.
    Yeah, at this point I cannot see the harm. If a seer had a circle, I am pretty sure they worked with it in PMs. I was just curious as well.

Anyhow, I don't think that RBB is Athan and if he is, then we can kill him in 2 days, no biggie. I mean, does Athan even have any special abilities other than being part of the spy network and being invulnerable to living attacks?

In the end, if we know who he is, he is going to die. I one day, or a couple, I really don't think it matters too much.

Also, I do not believe Precisionk to be evil. I am still on the wall about Joh and Fish. I will use my vote a little later.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    One reason for the seer to remain quiet is in case he gets rezzed later. If the spies somehow find the identity of the living non-Ardor oracle it might be a good idea to rez the one that is down here with us now, so that the living have an unknown(to the spies) oracle.

Also since others down here feel Senor Fish is more suspicious than PrecisionK I retract my vote for PrecisionK and I vote for Senor Fish, if it looks like the fleshies are going to put Senor Fish in 2nd place I'll switch right back of course.

Last Son on