As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalliad: Hades

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Can we get a vote count for this thread, please?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    One reason for the seer to remain quiet is in case he gets rezzed later. If the spies somehow find the identity of the living non-Ardor oracle it might be a good idea to rez the one that is down here with us now, so that the living have an unknown(to the spies) oracle.
    I think that whoever gets resurrected is pretty much guaranteed to be killed by the spies anyway.

tofu on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Vote Count.....Of The Damned.

Senor Fish - 4

ArrBeeBee - 2

Precisionk - 1

Serpent - 1

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    One reason for the seer to remain quiet is in case he gets rezzed later. If the spies somehow find the identity of the living non-Ardor oracle it might be a good idea to rez the one that is down here with us now, so that the living have an unknown(to the spies) oracle.

I don't think I agree with that logic, but let me check something.

If our seer gets rezed the same night the other non-Ardor seer dies, does that show in the narration? What I mean is, will it show the demograpics of who died separate from the demographics of who was resurrected? I think it did the night Ardor was rezed. If that is the case, then they will know that one of the people who died that night was a seer, and they will also know for certain that the person who was rezed is a seer. If it's just a matter of "the net change in the population of Hades" then yeah, it would be a good idea. Too bad we can't communicate it to the people who control the staff. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Also,
    Ardor wrote: »
    It's in my opinion Dynagrip or Senor Fish should be in second place since I'm usually weary of people with high post counts yet don't really say much.

I think having senor fish in second place would be a good idea.

For other hunches, I place my suspicions on GrimmyTOA or SuperSuga at this time.
    There seems to be a good chance that Senor Fish is going to end up in 2nd place tonight since Ardor is calling for it. I believe that we should change our votes to the person in third place or someone else we deem to be evil.

I don't want us to waste a vote on Senor Fish if RBB happens to be Athan and Fish dies by the village vote. Our vote will have counted for nothing.

Edit: Is was meant to be an If.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn... I'm leaving until after the tally, and there's still no telling which way the fleshies will vote. I guess I'll just leave my vote where it is.

EDIT: I've reconsidered. I retract my vote for Senor Fish and I vote for precisionk. Anyone who's going to be around for a while can adjust their votes if they feel the need.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk.

I was suspicious of him while I was alive, I guess I might as well continue to entertain that suspicion.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ok, my post was not meant to bring the vote down onto Precisionk's head.

Argh.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Alright, precisionk it is, unless someone has a better idea.

I !retract my vote for Senor Fish

and

I !vote for precisionk

Edit: I am not married to the idea of voting for precisionk or Senor Fish. Whichever one the living don't vote for, unless (once again) someone has a better idea.

Locus on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Senor fish only has 2 votes in the fleshie thread, its a bit early to be jumping off him. On the other hand I have absolutely no problem in dragging PrecisionK into the depths of hades.

Last Son on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Okay so I just finished my library shift and after all that time for thinking I realized some things. First of which was my mistake with Serpent,

I !retract my vote for Serpent

Someone who I've grown very suscipious of is Dynagrip, he isn't acting like he did in the last phalla game in which I played with him, where he was an innocent. He was much more paranoid, coming up with ideas and working in the network. He voiced out his suscipions and whatnot, while in this game I don't think I ever heard any thing useful come out of his mouth, no suscipions that were already voiced, or any plans.

Also the fact that he is very talkative yet is under people's radar is strange.

I !vote for Dynagrip

I don't know how Precisonk usually plays so I'm not sure about him. I am more suscipous of Senor Fish than Precisonk though.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Do we not want to vote for RBB? If he turns out to be Athan we'll just hit him tomorrow?

tofu on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have strong but vague suspicions about Dynagrip. His first few posts were entirely reasonable and exhorted us to use our heads and not bandwagon the first person we could think of. Anyone who's played with him before knows that this is not his normal style at all. He then reverted to posting more aggressively and somewhat beligerantly like he normally does.

It makes me think he wanted to avoid suspicion at first, but then realized that doing so would itself draw attention to him and reverted to normal Dyna mode. I don't have time at the moment to go through all his posts (of which there are many), but in the meantime I wanted to see if anyone else feels the same way.

Fake edit: Seems like I'm not the only one.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Do we not want to vote for RBB? If he turns out to be Athan we'll just hit him tomorrow?

I don't see the point, since we will get him anyways if it does turn out to be Athan.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Whats with the sudden and vehemnt arguments against Senor Fish on the topside? Someone up there is skimming this thread. I !vote for Senor Fish

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yea, I wish people wouldn't cheat. Anyway I retract my vote for RBB. I haven't decided who to vote for though, I'll have to recheck the living thread.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I am tempted to go up there.

"OoOoOOh. GTFO of our thread. OoOoOoOh."

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I guess it's pretty much a given some people would cheat, it's just a shame though. Too bad the Princess can't enforce the rules. D:

tofu on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I am tempted to go up there.

"OoOoOOh. GTFO of our thread. OoOoOoOh."

ZOMBIES PWNAGE!

:P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I retract RBB since he's dying anyways

I vote Dyna for death, even if it means he joins us.

I don't find precisionk especially suspicious. Now this is mainly because he always acts suspicious. Dyna on the other hand...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote Dyna for soul snatching.

(I just want him to be with us, I freely admit it.)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I am going to !vote to rend Dyna's soul asunder as well. We shouldn't vote for the top two guys right now, as one will probably be vigilanted, while the other killed by the vote (unless one is Athan).

Dyna is a good alternative.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dynagrip gives me suspicious vibes too because he's been unusually quiet but you honestly want him down here?

tofu on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hehe, whoever we do end up killing is going to read our heartless reasoning afterwards and cry.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Hmm, the situation is quite interesting now, isn't it? It's probably too late to pull votes off ArrBeeBee in case he is Athan, and I don't think we really have a solid choice for 'second' yet. What do we think the Hades voters should do? Target ArrBeeBee in case he is Athan right now, or try to go after a different spy candidate? Considering how things are, they'll probably take out someone else. The spies down there have probably forced the spirits' privilege to make a kill, so there's gonna be at least one kill coming from them.

I know I'm not really contributing, I'm just saying stuff.

O_o

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Us dead people are taking all these sacrifices for the living people, first we died, now we are bringing Dyna down here away from them.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Us dead people are taking all these sacrifices for the living people, first we died, now we are bringing Dyna down here away from them.
    :lol:

Nerissa on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Senor isn't in the top two candidates, I really do think we should buy him a ticket. I think Dyna is going to getting vigilanted either way, he is just two embarassing to watch.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ardor is calling for Senor to end up as the 2nd place vote in case RBB really is Athan. People will listen once they get online.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I thought the Elysian Fields were supposed to be down here.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    I guess it's pretty much a given some people would cheat, it's just a shame though. Too bad the Princess can't enforce the rules. D:

I'm going to wager that those most likely to cheat are those least likely to be of any use to the village, anyway.

Really, though, I wouldn't have set it up like this if I expected there to be a huge benefit to cheating, anyway. Shouldn't make much difference in the end.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Ardor is calling for Senor to end up as the 2nd place vote in case RBB really is Athan. People will listen once they get online.

So I guess we continue with Dyna incase RBB is Athan and than both the living and the dead end up whacking Senor Rish, thus wasting a kill.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll hold my vote until a bit later to the deadline then. Those fleshies need to make with the organizing a vote.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

So I guess we continue with Dyna incase RBB is Athan and than both the living and the dead end up whacking Senor Rish, thus wasting a kill.
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    NEW GAMEPLAY MECHANIC

Vessels of the Erinyes:
    Each Vessel has an opportunity, once per game, to kill a person of his choosing. If the kill is blocked, or if the Vessel opts to kill someone who was already killed by other means, the kill is not spent and may be used again later. These kills are not private, though. A Vessel is a noble Phallian, not some cowardly backstabbing spy, and he kills in the open, in front of everyone, while extolling the glory of mighty Phallia. If the person he targets is guarded by a Phylakas, the identity of the Phylakas is revealed, as well. If a Vessel kills someone possessing the Staff of Asclepius, he publicly takes possession of it (of course, it can be given to someone else of his choosing). Once a Vessel exhausts his kill, he is, for all intents and purposes, a normal hoplite.

There are five such Vessels, and they will be receiving PMs to this effect shortly.

I don't think we have to worry about wasting a vessel kill; it sounds to me like ours would go through while the vessel would keep theirs.

That said, I !vote for Dynagrip for the reasons I stated before.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I find it incredibly amusing that we are down here plotting Senor's and Dyna's deaths while they are completely unaware(they both strike me as people whom wouldn't cheat).

I'm gonna be online off and on for the next 4-5 hours so I'm keeping my vote for Senor Fish, Johannen still has more votes than him in the Fleshie world. If the vote swings wildly up there and Senor Fish comes into second place I'll vote for Dynagrip if I can't get PrecisionK "invited" to join us.

@Smasher. I believe Suburbia meant the vote of the living and the vote of the damned both hitting Senor Fish("Incase RBB is Athan"), not a Erinyes.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

ElJeffe wrote: »
    NEW GAMEPLAY MECHANIC

Vessels of the Erinyes:
    Each Vessel has an opportunity, once per game, to kill a person of his choosing. If the kill is blocked, or if the Vessel opts to kill someone who was already killed by other means, the kill is not spent and may be used again later. These kills are not private, though. A Vessel is a noble Phallian, not some cowardly backstabbing spy, and he kills in the open, in front of everyone, while extolling the glory of mighty Phallia. If the person he targets is guarded by a Phylakas, the identity of the Phylakas is revealed, as well. If a Vessel kills someone possessing the Staff of Asclepius, he publicly takes possession of it (of course, it can be given to someone else of his choosing). Once a Vessel exhausts his kill, he is, for all intents and purposes, a normal hoplite.

There are five such Vessels, and they will be receiving PMs to this effect shortly.

I don't think we have to worry about wasting a vessel kill; it sounds to me like ours would go through while the vessel would keep theirs.

That said, [color]I !vote for Dynagrip[/color] for the reasons I stated before.

Yeah, I went back and checked that earlier today. The only potential conflict is between us and the spies or us and the village, and we ought to be able to avoid conflicting with the village. If we hit the same person as spies... well, at least we didn't take out an innocent who wasn't going to die anyway.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

I flip a coin to determine the outcome. Heads, the Vessel gets the kill, and you guys don't. Tails, you get the kill, the Vessel doesn't, and he can come back to kill another day.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yea Lost Son got what I meant, again :P, If RBB is Athan than it goes to the person in second which is Senor Fish, and if that's who we voted for too, than we basically end up with one less kill today. It would be kinda awesome if we got two spies down today. However I would be kinda afraid on what powers they would get.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I retract my vote for Senor Fish, it looks like the living will take care of him, and I vote for Dynagrip to have his soul sucked out of its shell

Nerissa on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So it's official, Dyna's getting his soul sucked.

I !vote for Dynagrip to die

Plutonium on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You could say that I !vote for Dynagrip for slurping, but you might be wrong.
    You're not wrong.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770