As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Colonoscopy: It’s Not that [Chat]

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Wait, you can't download google maps on to the new iphone?

And someone actually questioned me about letting other people beta test new technology, telling me that kind of thing is no longer necessary. Google Maps is my boo and I don't want your fuckery in it's place, Apple. I'm glad I bought a 4S instead of waiting for the new phone to come out.

Google has its iOS 6 maps app ready, Apple just hasn't approved it yet.

Sure, but that's the other great thing about letting other people be the beta testers. They are the ones who have to live with the inconvienent version of the technology, and possibly their wails of anguish will make the convienece come faster (like maybe Apple will be quicker to approve the new Google maps because of how much hate they are creating). A few months down the line these problems will be resolved and then maybe I'll get a new iPhone.

Probably not though, I'll probably just wait for the next generation after that. (again giving it a few months for Apple to get their shit together)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

And someone actually questioned me about letting other people beta test new technology, telling me that kind of thing is no longer necessary. Google Maps is my boo and I don't want your fuckery in it's place, Apple. I'm glad I bought a 4S instead of waiting for the new phone to come out.

But the situation with Maps was already known before the iPhone 5 came out. In any case, you can still use Google Maps through the website and a native app will probably be approved soon. It's hardly an issue that warrants waiting a year for people to beta test the phone.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Good news, I have managed to find transport and as I type, am speeding away from the chief city of New France! Soon I will be safe in lands owned by good, honest and stalwart Anglefones

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    @podly

nero is good stuff pods

i'm sorry but here we are going to have to agree to disagree

I mean, it's impeccably programmed, sure and nice and pretty and melodic and stuff with some cool programming and sampling here and there

But that john adams shit?

that shit's not right!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I basically look at Bethesda style games as choose your own adventure. Do what you want, ignore the rest and play around in your little sandbox. My warrior joined the Companions. My assassin is in the Thieves Guild. Casters in that game can suck my balls so I am ignoring the mages college except to get into a tomb.

I rarely do the story and instead wander around the world finding things, exploring caves and tombs and killing mans. It is a world simulator more than anything to me.

That's how my wife played, but it didn't change the fact that by level 60 she was basically the heavy fisted god of an entire civilization despite the fact she had only been a participant in some of it's factions for a matter of hours.

I did like the fact that in Skyrim if you assassinate certain people, then other quests would become unavailable, but they were so minor in scale it didn't really matter.

Fallout was a little better about this at least. You could basically choose your sides and it would turn off part of the game for you because those were the choices you made.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I liked the original KOTOR where if you fucked up on the water planet you were basically banned from it and couldn't complete later quests in the game.

That to me is good game engineering, making you live with the choices you made.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Damnit the O2 system is out AGAIN.

And there's a fire in the shield room! @Deebaser flees to medbay after failing to put out the flames. Looks like the Captain will need to make an appearance...

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    @podly

nero is good stuff pods

i'm sorry but here we are going to have to agree to disagree

I mean, it's impeccably programmed, sure and nice and pretty and melodic and stuff with some cool programming and sampling here and there

But that john adams shit?

that shit's not right!

they sampled another song

like every other electronic music act in the history of ever

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

But the situation with Maps was already known before the iPhone 5 came out. In any case, you can still use Google Maps through the website and a native app will probably be approved soon. It's hardly an issue that warrants waiting a year for people to beta test the phone.

You're the one who came up with a year (is that standard beta testing time or something?)

For me, it's a few months of letting Apple, or whatever company, work out the kinks of the things that were either released broken or released with a new "feature" which was intended by the company to be super cool but is actually ass. 3 months sounds about right, more or less depending on the company. If they refuse to fix the problem because they want you to use their ass, then 3 months turns in to never.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

And there's a fire in the shield room! @Deebaser flees to medbay after failing to put out the flames. Looks like the Captain will need to make an appearance...

why am i not in your crew you bastard

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

it wasn't a clever sample. they didn't do anything unique with it. they took one of the most impressive musical creations man has ever made and shat all over it. they took it because of it's rhythmic and orchestral power and sapped it of all of that

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

why am i not in your crew you bastard

Dee answered the call before you!

You're in the next crew... these scrubs can't seem to keep the air on and the Captain is growing testy. They'd better home we don't get a ransom demand from slavers...

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Can anyone tell me if there's any reasons to get a Galaxy SII instead of an iPhone 4S?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    why do asian women always destroy good musicians?

Sample size: Lennon, Reznor

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

it wasn't a clever sample. they didn't do anything unique with it. they took one of the most impressive musical creations man has ever made and shat all over it. they took it because of it's rhythmic and orchestral power and sapped it of all of that

Threw away the spent corpse and had sex with a thousand ladies.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    These new anti-personnel drones just might save the crew... after getting overwhelmed in a boarding action in his last mission, none of the returning crewmen want a repeat...

• Options

Threw away the spent corpse and had sex with a thousand ladies.

fuq bishes git munny

919UOwT.png
  • Options

You're the one who came up with a year (is that standard beta testing time or something?)

For me, it's a few months of letting Apple, or whatever company, work out the kinks of the things that were either released broken or released with a new "feature" which was intended by the company to be super cool but is actually ass. 3 months sounds about right, more or less depending on the company. If they refuse to fix the problem because they want you to use their ass, then 3 months turns in to never.

Last time you said you'd wait a generation. I took this to mean you'd wait a year, but maybe you meant you didn't want a 5 anyway.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there's any reasons to get a Galaxy SII instead of an iPhone 4S?

Google Wallet. Wave phone at things, buy them.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    @Winky @Gooey

last night in minecraft on DKs server I survived the trip back from the desert and build a cactus farm underground in my place. Go ahead and take some if you want to dye your sheep green.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I don't know how I got here but Boondocks, still amazing.

http://youtu.be/1seThIG34R8

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    These new anti-personnel drones just might save the crew... after getting overwhelmed in a boarding action in his last mission, none of the returning crewmen want a repeat...

In FTL, if you successfully complete a game, do you keep your ship and crew? Like, is there persistence?

• Options

Last time you said you'd wait a generation. I took this to mean you'd wait a year, but maybe you meant you didn't want a 5 anyway.

Oh yeah, I was and am planning to wait a generation (plus 3 months, of course) simply because my 4S is almost brand new so I don't need a new phone.

• Options
    I like this a lot

http://www.commitlogsfromlastnight.com/
    Changed a bunch of shit, don't remember.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I like doomsday but it isn't close to the most interesting track on that album. I really like Fugue State, My Eyes, and Innocence

• Options

Oh yeah, I was and am planning to wait a generation (plus 3 months, of course) simply because my 4S is almost brand new so I don't need a new phone.

Okay I thought you meant you'd wait a year for the 'beta testing'. Waiting a few months makes sense, though I still think Apple's platform is mostly stable (with a few exceptions).

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I like this a lot

http://www.commitlogsfromlastnight.com/
    Changed a bunch of shit, don't remember.
    DO NOT SEND "REGISTSER BITCH" TO GUESTS

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I like doomsday but it isn't close to the most interesting track on that album. I really like Fugue State, My Eyes, and Innocence

angst is a very good remix of the justice track stress

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    also stress has a completely rad video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU7bFpPJiww

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Nova_C wrote: »

What do you like in a phone?

Tav on
  • Options
    draft feature is awful

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Oh, I found one from Vanilla
    Possible grey theme. Because fuck colours, that's why.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Okay, so this "autumn punch" I just made:

2 bottles of white wine
    1 bottle of red wine
    3 ounces of dry vermouth
    3 ounces of sweet vermouth
    1 cup citrus vodka
    1 cup applejack
    1 cup cranberry juice
    2 ounces simple syrup
    Sliced lemon and orange

It tastes vaguely like a sangria, a little more tart

but it fucking hits like a GROWN MAN.

• Options
    I kind of want to get an Android to see how much I could fiddle with it, but I wouldn't want it to be my main phone.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh god, I am following down a hole of Boondocks clips. Mostly Uncle Ruckus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    iPhones don't have expandable memory. This is one of the major reasons I would never buy one. HTC are getting bad at this, too.

• Options
    I've never had a smartphone, so I dunno.

I like calling people and texting people and I want a ringtone. I don't plan on gaming on the phone.

However, I do have an iPad and a Macbook Air, so I'm leaning towards the 4S. But the SII is cheaper and I've been interested in trying the Android platform.

Oh, if the phone could serve as an MP3 player as well, that'd be great. My iPod is getting old.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    iPhones don't have expandable memory. This is one of the major reasons I would never buy one. HTC are getting bad at this, too.

Do you just like moving shit around or do you really need more space.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    deeb you had some beautiful bridesmaids at you
    I kind of want to get an Android to see how much I could fiddle with it, but I wouldn't want it to be my main phone.
    they're great

I am looking forward to whenever I can upgrade again mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think I actually need to sweeten this punch. I'm not sure with what, though.

This discussion has been closed.