As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trouble with the New York Times website

Pipe DreamerPipe Dreamer Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So lately, every time I go to the nytimes.com website, I'm immediately kicked to a login page after the page finishes loading. It happens on every page--when I log in, the page will load as normal, but then when I click to another article (or even the next page of the same article) the same thing happens again once the page finishes loading.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? I've tried clearing my cookies and my cache, and it hasn't worked.

Pipe Dreamer on

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Tried disabling any plugins that might be interfering or seeing if you have a similar issue with a different browser? Also what browser are you using?

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Sounds like their 10 free articles a month scheme has gotten a little too eager. Like JAEF suggests trying with a different browser would be a good test.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    Pipe DreamerPipe Dreamer Registered User regular
    No combination of disabled extensions in Chrome seemed to stop the behavior. Switched to Internet Explorer, no problems at all.

*sigh* time for IE Frame, I guess.