As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]New thread is go. We are still doing pretty great at WvW.

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So for guild golems, is it purchased with influence and how long/many can be made?

I ask because if we are struggling with taking things, you build 5 of those at the supply camp and then lead the zerg there first to clear the oil and stuff... then mesmer portal them on the gate. Mesmer portals are one thing we don't use much of it seems. If I didn't feel my warrior was extremely useful in pushing the frontline I would just go make one and portal/timewarp some golems all the time. That's another thing, two mesmers for timewarp, one on the first gate and another on the second.

We hit many gates, and end up losing a few rams/catas which in the long run probably cost more supply and time than just brining some golems in the first place. BTW, I don't like to just rely on the golem portal timewarp stuff, but they do it to us all the time...'

edit: I guess what I'm really saying is rams on doors is dumb, and I know its usually random people in the zerg dropping them. I've almost never seen blackgate have a gate that doesn't have a catapult behind it though, so rams are always goin to die. Or if we are dropping any rams, people need to position them to the side of the door and slightly back... you might waste a ram or two trying to figure where it goes, but there is a spot where the catapult cant hit it and you can avoid people on the other side somewhat. I know we are pretty good about getting a ram up quick, but I must stress that we end up using like 60 supply on a single ram if its not up as quick as possible since they damage the build site with a catapult. I think by default, kill cannons first always, once they are gone build a catapult while people kill oil. Once the catapult is able to hit theirs, start putting a ram on the side position like I mentioned. I'm not saying we dont do good on doors, just that this should be the default thing if people aren't sure what to do other than melee the stupid door.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    The group i was playing this with became totally inactive over the past month, is the PA guild/guilds still active and playing?

Candymancers... Others are full

That works as long as i have people to actually play with again.

Get on team speak. Always folks there.

Wvwvw was good tonight. Other commanders deferred to us. :). We kept trading the same points... But fun. Also we had a ton in ts3 for a weeknight. Go us.
    We should have had 5 balls and 2 arrowcarts and hell even a cat like Monday night.

All I saw in that post...

REG Rysk on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote: »
    So for guild golems, is it purchased with influence and how long/many can be made?

I ask because if we are struggling with taking things, you build 5 of those at the supply camp and then lead the zerg there first to clear the oil and stuff... then mesmer portal them on the gate. Mesmer portals are one thing we don't use much of it seems. If I didn't feel my warrior was extremely useful in pushing the frontline I would just go make one and portal/timewarp some golems all the time. That's another thing, two mesmers for timewarp, one on the first gate and another on the second.

We hit many gates, and end up losing a few rams/catas which in the long run probably cost more supply and time than just brining some golems in the first place. BTW, I don't like to just rely on the golem portal timewarp stuff, but they do it to us all the time...'

edit: I guess what I'm really saying is rams on doors is dumb, and I know its usually random people in the zerg dropping them. I've almost never seen blackgate have a gate that doesn't have a catapult behind it though, so rams are always goin to die. Or if we are dropping any rams, people need to position them to the side of the door and slightly back... you might waste a ram or two trying to figure where it goes, but there is a spot where the catapult cant hit it and you can avoid people on the other side somewhat. I know we are pretty good about getting a ram up quick, but I must stress that we end up using like 60 supply on a single ram if its not up as quick as possible since they damage the build site with a catapult. I think by default, kill cannons first always, once they are gone build a catapult while people kill oil. Once the catapult is able to hit theirs, start putting a ram on the side position like I mentioned. I'm not saying we dont do good on doors, just that this should be the default thing if people aren't sure what to do other than melee the stupid door.

I could continue leveling my mesmer Manos. He's 40something already, and has portal.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

People who do jump puzzles have to burn those rams somehow

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

This fellow is also a mesmer who will happily drop a portal wherever you tell me to.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Hmm some of those ebon vanguard weapons have fantastic skins and if you just want the skin the tier 1 version is the same as the tier 3... but for very little karma.

http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=ebon+vanguard

Yes, I'm using the t1 1-handed sword on my Warrior. It's sexy.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    @Mojojoeo did you successfully FRAPS last night?

I should be on tonight. Gotta get some more battlin' in before the matchup changeover (tomorrow, 8PM eastern?)

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Griswold wrote: »

I should be on tonight. Gotta get some more battlin' in before the matchup changeover (tomorrow, 8PM eastern?)

50 gigs worth. 1080 30fps full detail mayhem.

I couldnt find guild golems in the list last night.... and i have never seen more than 3-4 available. i did do something with guild deployables last night which leads to my newest TRUE feature here-

"Commander Mojojoeo's Oh so many follies"

1) Our dear commander sees the vast group attacking dreaming bay... he thinks "Why these chaps could use a good meal" and places a guild banquet in the back ranks. The men all eat and, thier bellies full, head back to the gate. But alas.... the siege was not to be. And as they retreated to Arahs.... and then pushed further to long view .... Someone amongst them noticed.... The attackers all had our guild banquet buff. They ate our Meal, He had buffed the entire enemy force. Oooooh mojo......

2) Our fearless commander steers all the men to EH in the hopes of a quick capture.... the earlier NICE scouting party had already downed the gate.... it was a mad dash to EH with some 15 pubbies following the fearless leader. His map open he furiously made plans and typed movements into chat. then our leader realized..... "I'm falling? IM FALLING!?!?!" he lay at the bottom of a crevasse dead. Foolishly he had walked off a cliff with his map open. "Will I lie here alone forever?" It was not to be... a stream of pubbies gleefully jumped off the same cliff following their blue dot dreams. Piled under 8 laughing lemming pubbie corpses, mojo was only heard to mutter "FML." ohhhhhh mojo...... when will you learn?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I've noticed that add i get to higher levels my stats in wvw scale much much more poorly if my gear is a bit behind.
    Like right now my gear is only 5 levels old but I'm complete shit in wvw. I might need to go straight pve for the home stretch.

Gonna see if i can craft the last 15 to 20 levels though .

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I've noticed that add i get to higher levels my stats in wvw scale much much more poorly if my gear is a bit behind.
    Like right now my gear is only 5 levels old but I'm complete shit in wvw. I might need to go straight pve for the home stretch.

Gonna see if i can craft the last 15 to 20 levels though .

You are correct- The better the rarity of the gear and the better it matches your current level => the better it scales. You can wvw effectively at any level as long as you have current gear to your level.

i crafted out the last few levels myself... its the way to go. Good luck!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    You can get by with masterwork but you will not really be profit positive until you get exotics, since people with exos know how to snipe frugal 80s.

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I couldnt find guild golems in the list last night.... and i have never seen more than 3-4 available. i did do something with guild deployables last night which leads to my newest TRUE feature here-

1) Our dear commander sees the vast group attacking dreaming bay... he thinks "Why these chaps could use a good meal" and places a guild banquet in the back ranks. The men all eat and, thier bellies full, head back to the gate. But alas.... the siege was not to be. And as they retreated to Arahs.... and then pushed further to long view .... Someone amongst them noticed.... The attackers all had our guild banquet buff. They ate our Meal, He had buffed the entire enemy force. Oooooh mojo......

2) Our fearless commander steers all the men to EH in the hopes of a quick capture.... the earlier NICE scouting party had already downed the gate.... it was a mad dash to EH with some 15 pubbies following the fearless leader. His map open he furiously made plans and typed movements into chat. then our leader realized..... "I'm falling? IM FALLING!?!?!" he lay at the bottom of a crevasse dead. Foolishly he had walked off a cliff with his map open. "Will I lie here alone forever?" It was not to be... a stream of pubbies gleefully jumped off the same cliff following their blue dot dreams. Piled under 8 laughing lemming pubbie corpses, mojo was only heard to mutter "FML." ohhhhhh mojo...... when will you learn?

Ahaha, I didn't hear about that first one.

Commander Mojo, destined for greatness!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Every single copper I donated to the commander fund is justified by this story. Oh my god that is hilarious.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Ahaha, I didn't hear about that first one.

Commander Mojo, destined for greatness!

Sounds like you will fit right in with the other FA commanders ;-)

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Oh also @mojojoeo

Where will some of this frapsed action be? Will it be up on the youtubes at some point?

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    So I finally ran into you guys last night. I'm on Blackgate (since day one of pre-order headstart).

You guys were holding Arah's and had a bunch of siege set up. My team was just desperately trying to burn down your Ballistas so the larger group coming behind us wouldn't get owned. I lost focus for a sec when I looked up and went "Oh! It's NICE and Candymancers!"

How does it work in your server team chat... does someone say "hey we need a huge zerg to take this supply" or is there just a huge zerg in various spots like that?

Don't take this question as dislike for your servers zerg or anything, I'm just curious. Sometimes the map is dead and we don't have any Blackgate defending a place. But then it seems like 100% of their population will respond to anything. Even just killing 2-3 guys off on their own, a zerg of 20 will come over a hill or something for no reason.

Also if you could, try to discourage the /emote stuff on dead bodies. The thread on the official forums for this weeks matchup is filled with Tarnished Coast and Fort Aspen people complaining that after a huge Blackgate zerg steamrolls a small group, some of them have the nerve to taunt on their dead bodies... usually 100blade warriors in spikey/skull covered armor, big surprise :P

Personally I've enjoyed this matchup a TON. There is always a big fight to be in, you guys have numbers even when the main PVP guilds are taking a break. Last week sucked, because we were on top and the other servers didn't fight back after that and it was very boring while giving very few badges. I had almost no badges on sunday after buying a PVP ring, and yesterday I had 500 to buy my legendary gift... so its been FULL of battles this week.

This week has actually been weird for our side. So previous to this week, we had two main guilds whose commanders ran most of the show. Urge, a Philippines based guild that was pretty active in the early mornings, and Ragequit, Inc [RQ} that was on for US primetime. A few other guilds here and there. Middle of the night (US) we were really weak.

Then at the end of the last matchup we got a big influx of EU guilds and now ... yeah, it's crazy. Even people in our chat are commenting on how we have too damn many zergs.

Anyway, it was totally fun fighting you guys last night. My team is [FATE], so if we run into you the only emote you'll get from us is a /wave. Followed by scepter spam of course.

edited October 2012
    Oh also @mojojoeo

Where will some of this frapsed action be? Will it be up on the youtubes at some point?

I'm not sure what to do with it.
    Its broke into a bunch of 4 gig bits. I contemplated a shout guardian/battle medic build video based on some of the footage. Alot of it is standing around though and a server crash last night smack in the middle of it..... its a few hours of play.

And I am just glad to have folks laughing at the follies. I was tickled with how things went myself.

mojojoeo on
    Oh also @mojojoeo

I'm not sure what to do with it.
    Its broke into a bunch of 4 gig bits. I contemplated a shout guardian/battle medic build video based on some of the footage. Alot of it is standing around though and a server crash last night smack in the middle of it..... its a few hours of play.

And I am just glad to have folks laughing at the follies. I was tickled with how things went myself.

Well you should take at least a couple of the bits and throw them on youtube as they are. You can do any fancy editing stuff later.

That reminds me, is the Fort Aspenwood Alliance still viable? If so, we may need some ambassadors to our late night segment (if it still exists) because a lot of people haven't heard of it and think it's a good idea.

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Both of those were hilarious. Although I feel we should probably bug report the food issue. Unless it was really a cunning strategy to trick the enemy zerg into using MF food instead of + vitality and power food? :D

I had a lot of fun in wuvwuv last night, despite dying over and over to invisible blackgate zergs :p

I even managed to save LV by catapulting down their ram on the gate! Speaking of catapults...that was the first time I had used one and I couldn't figure out how to make it shoot 'past' the gate. Does it just fire a rock in a straight line?

I feel like the whole night we were starved for supply and LV was also starved for supply, which kind of sucked because we were fighting between arah's and LV. I think we might need to do more commander organized zerg supply runs.

Stocking the zerg up on supply at gods then escorting down a swiftness buffed dolyak to LV might have helped.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
    Vorpal wrote: »

Both of those were hilarious. I had a lot of fun in wuvwuv last night, despite dying over and over to invisible blackgate zergs :p

I even managed to save LV by catapulting down their ram on the gate! Speaking of catapults...that was the first time I had used one and I couldn't figure out how to make it shoot 'past' the gate. Does it just fire a rock in a straight line?

I feel like the whole night we were starved for supply and LV was also starved for supply, which kind of sucked because we were fighting between arah's and LV. I think we might need to do more commander organized zerg supply runs.

Stocking the zerg up on supply at gods then escorting down a swiftness buffed dolyak to LV might have helped.

It shoots in an arc... you can shoot through the gap above the doors if you do it just right.... your field of fire is very limited through the hole though.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Oh also @mojojoeo

I cannot pray hard enough that the Lemming Incident is in his FRAPSed stuff. If it isn't, I'll donate money to have him recreate it.

edited October 2012
    Bobble wrote: »
    Oh also @mojojoeo

I cannot pray hard enough that the Lemming Incident is in his FRAPSed stuff. If it isn't, I'll donate money to have him recreate it.

not fraps'd. So sad.

the best part i left out was that as we were all fully ressed by some guy and all stood up and ready to leave... 2 more fell to thier deaths. It was perfect.

mojojoeo on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Mojojoeo's Zerg Lemming rush.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    I had a lot of fun the past few nights wuvwuving on my necro. So much so that it's convinced me to probably do it exclusively on my characters. I'll be gearing up my 80 warr, and beginning to start statting my guardian as well.

Hopefully there will be a lot more chances to roll around with people. It was nice to have a bunch in ts3 last night, I tried to throw my hat in for suggestions and ideas. I hoped it helped. I should be on more to learn better strategies. It helps that I'm in central time so I can stay over longer during the night after our primetime.

Side note: Necro pvp is super fun. AoE conditions everywhere. I'm gonna have to grab a warhorn off-hand for that sweet sweet swiftness. Any suggestions on specific traits/skills that are critical for necro pvp?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Another reminder as we count down the days - on October 22 anyone with an "Inactive" guild rank in NICE will be kicked!

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    SuperRuper wrote: »
    I had a lot of fun the past few nights wuvwuving on my necro. So much so that it's convinced me to probably do it exclusively on my characters. I'll be gearing up my 80 warr, and beginning to start statting my guardian as well.

Hopefully there will be a lot more chances to roll around with people. It was nice to have a bunch in ts3 last night, I tried to throw my hat in for suggestions and ideas. I hoped it helped. I should be on more to learn better strategies. It helps that I'm in central time so I can stay over longer during the night after our primetime.

Side note: Necro pvp is super fun. AoE conditions everywhere. I'm gonna have to grab a warhorn off-hand for that sweet sweet swiftness. Any suggestions on specific traits/skills that are critical for necro pvp?

Get the trait that gives you stability upon entering DS.

Also the elite where you can chain blind everyone around you is pretty sweet for team fights.

You might think the one where you summon a jagged horror whenever you kill an enemy is useful, but in my experience that just seems to provide a weak pet for some enemy to kill and rally off of.

Spectral walk has a LOT of applications in PvP.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: »

Both of those were hilarious. Although I feel we should probably bug report the food issue. Unless it was really a cunning strategy to trick the enemy zerg into using MF food instead of + vitality and power food? :D

And this is how we bait the trap. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    All the "whenever you kill an enemy" skills are built for mob gobblers and shouldn't be factored in PvP.

I'm looking at you, Renewed Justice

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think I'll start taking my warrior into wuvwuv instead of Phyla. It's a lot easier to be dominant on her though but badges are account bound and that's my highest level alt that could really use the xp.

what works for warrior in wuvwuv? i run greatsword/longbow atm in pve

Arryn wrote: »

Anyway, it was totally fun fighting you guys last night. My team is [FATE], so if we run into you the only emote you'll get from us is a /wave. Followed by scepter spam of course.

Cool.. you'll know who I am when you see the biggest norn hammer warrior on the battlefield with the T2 cultural stuff.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2012
    I think I'll start taking my warrior into wuvwuv instead of Phyla. It's a lot easier to be dominant on her though but badges are account bound and that's my highest level alt that could really use the xp.

what works for warrior in wuvwuv? i run greatsword/longbow atm in pve

I run sword/mace (Rampager's) and rifle (Berserker's), Rampager's armor, a mix of Knight's and Carrion jewelry. 30/20/0/0/20 trait allocation, Signet of Might/For Great Justice/Throw Bola/Signet Of Rage. The build focuses on picking off people who overextend -- immobilize into 100% crit chance flurry with high bleed damage. Rifle for people who try to run away. High health pool + heavy armor + good amount of toughness from jewelry means you have decent survivability.

You can also go the Punchdance route, which (I think) is 10/0/30/30/0, healing shouts, and survivability gear. You can tank the fuck out of people in WvW if you spec like this.

Griswold on
    @ Griswold thats close to it.

My warrior spec: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejgONvtQWPMxBE0jqIL2CVB4I9QMGw0A;T8AgzytEaJ1StlSLqsMZJyymlLLZWrBGgs

The 10 points in the bottom is for extra CC from adrendaline skills. If I end all my hammer stuns/cripples/etc with my earthquake, then weapon swap and fear I can immediately do another adrenaline skill with my sword for the 4 second immobilize.

The point of my build is to grab someone, keep them from doing anything or going anywhere while everyone kills them quick and easy. Also its super high mobility and can tank many things. Typically in big fights, I leap into the enemies, pop shield block then wait for the auto 'shake it off' and balanced stance to kick in, then smash a few people with the hammer and earthquake them all. Then pop endure pain and throw up a heal as I casually run back to our lines. If I feel they used a ton of CC abilities, I jump back in when shield block is ready and fear as many of them as I can so that they run towards our line of people, then proceed with the root/stun/snare shit so we get kills.

My guardian is actually a bit more tanky, since he can heal through tons of shit. But on actual survivability my warriors is much better, because instead of just healing through it all I can prevent it with two endure pains, shield block, 3 dodge rolls, fear, and various stuns.

I think if I had a necro with me doing boon removal (their off hand focus can do it I think?) I would be unstoppable, because stability is a decent counter to my warrior. It doesnt stop what I can do, but it can very much delay it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So followed a commander around last night on TC BL and learned about the squad joining thing. I thought it wasn't working because of the apparent lack of any indication aside from seeing yellow text in the chat box.

We were trying to help TC fight against BG by just taking supply camps over and over. Seemed to kinda work. The my GW2 connection started going wonky again and I'm almost certain it's something on their end because I kept a ping up to google and that never got disrupted. Later I switched to guildwars2.com and noticed that around the time I got lagged out their server also became unreachable via ping.

Also, wish I'd learned this earlier but Insignias are much cheaper than the components required for crafting them. Might be helpful for people trying to level up their crafting and never having enough of the fine crafting materials. Which is nice because the XP you gain from discovering an armor piece is much greater than crafting that known insignia.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
    If there is one thing that @Badwrong 's build is awesome at it is launching into a crowd of enemies with no regard for his safety. Following him leads to much hilarity as he wades through droves of enemies to find the dead center of them all and then start battling.

If there is one thing that @Badwrong 's build is awesome at it is launching into a crowd of enemies with no regard for his safety. Following him leads to much hilarity as he wades through droves of enemies to find the dead center of them all and then start battling.

Following him in and Applying a billion buffs is fun as all hell.

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    That one time when like 70 BG washed over Arah's half our zerg was at the NW gate of Bay, because the zerg she is a fickle mistress. If we'd had all our people there with the siege I think we could've won that fight and the rest of the night might've gone differently.

Next week it looks like it'll be us, Sanctum of Rall (who we've beaten before) and Dragonbrand (who I believe have lost a lot of people to transfers).

Also if you go to the GW2guru WvW forum there's a Fort Aspenwood thread there. Might be a good place to spread the good word about the summit.

• SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    @ Griswold thats close to it.

My warrior spec: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejgONvtQWPMxBE0jqIL2CVB4I9QMGw0A;T8AgzytEaJ1StlSLqsMZJyymlLLZWrBGgs

The 10 points in the bottom is for extra CC from adrendaline skills. If I end all my hammer stuns/cripples/etc with my earthquake, then weapon swap and fear I can immediately do another adrenaline skill with my sword for the 4 second immobilize.

The point of my build is to grab someone, keep them from doing anything or going anywhere while everyone kills them quick and easy. Also its super high mobility and can tank many things. Typically in big fights, I leap into the enemies, pop shield block then wait for the auto 'shake it off' and balanced stance to kick in, then smash a few people with the hammer and earthquake them all. Then pop endure pain and throw up a heal as I casually run back to our lines. If I feel they used a ton of CC abilities, I jump back in when shield block is ready and fear as many of them as I can so that they run towards our line of people, then proceed with the root/stun/snare shit so we get kills.

My guardian is actually a bit more tanky, since he can heal through tons of shit. But on actual survivability my warriors is much better, because instead of just healing through it all I can prevent it with two endure pains, shield block, 3 dodge rolls, fear, and various stuns.

I think if I had a necro with me doing boon removal (their off hand focus can do it I think?) I would be unstoppable, because stability is a decent counter to my warrior. It doesnt stop what I can do, but it can very much delay it.

I would be into doing this. Once I have all the gear will be better, but I basically have all the tools to do this already. Maybe we can run around and playtest it sometime.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    About portals: I'm a mesmer and I'm down to use portals more - but everyone should know how they work I think. They don't stay up indefinitely. The entrance portal stays up for 45 seconds and the exit portal stays up for 20 - and the entrance portal disappears when the exit one does. So the longest a portal will be open is 20 seconds, and the range is however far the mesmer can make it on foot before the entrance portal expires.

We've used them to move golems before, but never to move them from a supply camp clear to a gate. One thing that would be worth trying is building two or more golems at a supply camp and them portaling them to a gate. The thing is that I'm never sure how abundant guild golems are. Could someone who knows how much influence they cost figure out how many it's feasible to use in say a week without gimping the other stuff we buy with influence?

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Theoretically it would be possible, with a couple parties full of mesmers, for each one to be spread ~20s on foot apart, and everyone set down their portals in a chain, so that you would be able to traverse a massive distance extremely quickly, right?

This discussion has been closed.