As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] East coast: Heart of the storm

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i dislike day9 less these days

but i haven't watched anything with him in a while, so it might come back fresh hatred if i watched him do something

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I still don't understand how people can dislike/hate day9. Not find him interesting or enjoy his stuff, sure, but outright dislike or hate seems really random. I would expect that sort of intensity to be saved for people like Naniwa or destiny.

or it's hyperbole in which case screw you

• peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    someone said morrow played day9 on the ladder? last i knew he was still hiding his ladder acc names

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Are you all allergic to on-topic discussion? Do relevant posts cause hives and irritation? I have an EpiPen should the need arise.

Obviously esports is very pertinent to Starcraft, as are the leagues, players, and so forth. The MUSIC these leagues play is the kind of tertiary relevance that shouldn't be composing a decent chunk of the last two pages.

YL9WnCY.png
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Rorus has maeked many poasts in the last few days. I think that legally he now has to start playing this game
    I am in the HotS beta, if that means anything.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Rorus has maeked many poasts in the last few days. I think that legally he now has to start playing this game

oh my god i hate you.

Are you even playing it much? You could be grandmaster like Kambing!

i'm not even capable of expressing my jealousy in words

I have literally not played Starcraft 2 in over a year.

YL9WnCY.png
    Why does this happen.

I have literally not played Starcraft 2 in over a year.

why do good things happen to bad people

i'm a bad people too!

or at least i could do bad things for access to hots beta

If it makes you feel any better, I got in beta because my brother asked me "Hey, you want in the Heart of the Swarm beta?" A few weeks later I got the invite.

YL9WnCY.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    SPL grand finals starting very soon: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Sayle

Time to hammer the nail into the coffin of BW. Time for me to cry way too much.

iG3kv1d.png
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    i kinda forgot bw was still in proleague T.T

osl seemed like a pretty definitive end, not sure if i'm gonna watch this

also dh is on in a few minutes so

actually it's live now

!!!

not listed on tl for whatever reason

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/dreamhackTV

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    who is watching dreamhack

doesn't look like there's a good stream? or not a dedicated one or something. who are jorosar and z33k?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    I can't edit right now but I see dreamhack now on TL yay. apollo!

also pro league is ending tonight, the complete end of BW.

stream i linked above is the proper one, apollo and kevinknocke

no idea why it isn't up in the stream list

white-ra vs lucifron is first game i thinkkkkkk

yes thanks bio!

also rank 1 in my division 8-)

If it makes you feel any better, I got in beta because my brother asked me "Hey, you want in the Heart of the Swarm beta?" A few weeks later I got the invite.

it doesn't make me feel any better but thanks for trying rorus i appreciate your efforts to make me happy

they're adding Appear Offline to all Blizz games

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7315731/“Appear_Offline”_Option_Coming_Soon_to_Battlenet-9_20_2012

lucifron got over excited stimming after that army. yikes.

nice repair though

shoulda pulled scvs. he can't win this game unless he wins right now, why the hell not

@jaziek

http://drop.sc/256642

This is an immortal all-in.

What I want to help you with this replay, to differentiate it from your own replays, is for you to note my scouting, and my mindset.

@1:29 - I'm thinking that I don't know if its a 6pool yet, so I'm getting ready to shoot a probe down to the nat to build a forge if I think its coming.

@1:40 - I check my probe and its not a 6pool. sweet. commence more chrono on nexus and get ready to go nexus first @17 supply.

@3:20 - I know that, given his gasless opening, any allin will either be late or (more likely) not come at all, so I'm going to go pylon before gate because I want more probes.

@4:00 - I'm going to try to loop my probe around and re-scout his third afterwards, to confirm its existence.

@4:30 - I can tell the probe isn't going to make it, so I send out another one. You really have to do this, because if he doesn't take the third you immediately have to chrono at least two sentries and make at least one more cannon.

@5:42 - On this map, Zergs can see your top natural gas for free, so to compensate I get only the third gas at an earlier time. This is something I came up with/decided just in this game, but i think it makes sense.

@7:35 - losing this stalker was worth it - I confirmed an important piece of info - he hasn't made any spines blindly. This tells me he is going roaches. Any other opener would want spines to defend. I got a drone into the bargain, so not the end of the world.

@8:30 - I make an obs first because I want to be absolutely sure that he went roaches before I commit to too many sentries and immortals. I can still defend a mutalisk attack if he decides to be sneaky and get them late. I have a forge, I will have +1/+1, and I'll be able to turtle on 2base for a bit while I get storm to counterpush with my immortals + templar as I take a third

@9:30 - Obs confirms its not mutalisks, he only has 5 gas and his fifth only just finished. Probably infestor followup to his roaches.

@9:45 - Send out a few of my units to clear the tower, I don't want him to see more than a couple sentries and i definitely don't want him to see my immortals.

@11:20 - His third is dead. Right now, I can pull back and take my own third to move on with the game. I've done enough damage. He invested a lot in protecting that third and it didn't pay off. This would especially be a good choice if you didn't have much sentry energy left. But, I have plenty of forcefields left and decide to just finish it.

@12:32 - A noob rages.

So, there you have it. A bit of a different replay analysis than I normally provide - more focused around my thought process, to give you an idea of what you should be thinking while you're playing this game.

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Since when has he not?

I think he means to say "day9 shows himself playing this game now?"

Narwhal#1834
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    How did elfi beat violet.

taeja tiiiiime

ah wow ret's flight was overbooked so he isn't there. and he's in the running for qualifying in the winter on points. that really sucks.

hopefully nightend can surprise here

taeja only really seems to lose to aggressive toss though so not optimistic T.T

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Nightend beating Taeja would be a pretty huge upset. I can't recall him ever playing super brilliantly, which is the least I'd expect of someone beating taeja.

And on a different note with risk of being somewhat offtopic. Any of you americans here available to have a package shipped to you from amazon? Nothing special, just a few games and stuff of which some are annoying to find, and amazon refuses to ship to sweden. I'll send it to you, and then paypal/other money transfer the costs for you to ship it to me.

I always forget siege in tvz now. adding tanks pretty late and it messes me up :P

taeja unreal spotting observers. he looks to be playing fairly safe this game. I wonder if that's a stylistic adjustment or him expecting aggression from a player he probably considers not as good as he is.

they are both out of the group already though, this is just placement. which really I don't think should matter much considering the next round is also groups.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    @jaziek

http://drop.sc/256642

This is an immortal all-in.

What I want to help you with this replay, to differentiate it from your own replays, is for you to note my scouting, and my mindset.

@1:29 - I'm thinking that I don't know if its a 6pool yet, so I'm getting ready to shoot a probe down to the nat to build a forge if I think its coming.

@1:40 - I check my probe and its not a 6pool. sweet. commence more chrono on nexus and get ready to go nexus first @17 supply.

@3:20 - I know that, given his gasless opening, any allin will either be late or (more likely) not come at all, so I'm going to go pylon before gate because I want more probes.

@4:00 - I'm going to try to loop my probe around and re-scout his third afterwards, to confirm its existence.

@4:30 - I can tell the probe isn't going to make it, so I send out another one. You really have to do this, because if he doesn't take the third you immediately have to chrono at least two sentries and make at least one more cannon.

@5:42 - On this map, Zergs can see your top natural gas for free, so to compensate I get only the third gas at an earlier time. This is something I came up with/decided just in this game, but i think it makes sense.

@7:35 - losing this stalker was worth it - I confirmed an important piece of info - he hasn't made any spines blindly. This tells me he is going roaches. Any other opener would want spines to defend. I got a drone into the bargain, so not the end of the world.

@8:30 - I make an obs first because I want to be absolutely sure that he went roaches before I commit to too many sentries and immortals. I can still defend a mutalisk attack if he decides to be sneaky and get them late. I have a forge, I will have +1/+1, and I'll be able to turtle on 2base for a bit while I get storm to counterpush with my immortals + templar as I take a third

@9:30 - Obs confirms its not mutalisks, he only has 5 gas and his fifth only just finished. Probably infestor followup to his roaches.

@9:45 - Send out a few of my units to clear the tower, I don't want him to see more than a couple sentries and i definitely don't want him to see my immortals.

@11:20 - His third is dead. Right now, I can pull back and take my own third to move on with the game. I've done enough damage. He invested a lot in protecting that third and it didn't pay off. This would especially be a good choice if you didn't have much sentry energy left. But, I have plenty of forcefields left and decide to just finish it.

@12:32 - A noob rages.

So, there you have it. A bit of a different replay analysis than I normally provide - more focused around my thought process, to give you an idea of what you should be thinking while you're playing this game.

Thanks for this.

I've actually gotten a bit better about sending out another probe if the first one dies, and generally not losing the first probe at all.

I just need to get better with my macro more than anything else with this build, half the time it fails because I get a couple of probes behind or a late pylon early on, and then that just causes a chain reaction that throws the whole thing off by a minute or so.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    nightendddddd

too gosu

gogo 2-1

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    What. Taeja. Why?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    sometimes

you just gotta go

full bitbybit

biiiiiiiiitbyyyyyyyyyybiiiiiiiiiit

also what the hell are these ads/videos between games that DH is showing?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The other day I watched Morrow put a Battle Hellion in a bunker. You can apparently fit two inside and kill about 30 Zerglings before the bunker and Battle Hellions are killed. :D

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    The other day I watched Morrow put a Battle Hellion in a bunker. You can apparently fit two inside and kill about 30 Zerglings before the bunker and Battle Hellions are killed. :D

Of all the bizarre choices they've made this beta, this choice is by far the bizzarest.

Like at a certain point you have to go "Even in a game where a battlecruiser can be taken out by 12 derpheads with rifles, this makes no narrative sense. A bike does not turn into a person."

That and the healing (can they be double-headled? Like, by an SCV and medivac at the same time?) and the going in the bunker... just what?

This discussion has been closed.