Options

Old STEAM Thread

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Better late than never?
    As someone without an xbox this is good news to me - I was always curious about the game but didn't really bother much with it since it was XBLA.
    I actually have a surprising amount of Behemoth merch considering I've never actually played their games. Gotta love their t-shirts. :)

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    It might be late coming to the PC, but people still play it on the 360; it's been in the Top 10 of most played XBLA titles since its release in '08.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize it was still so popular.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Better late than never?
    As someone without an xbox this is good news to me - I was always curious about the game but didn't really bother much with it since it was XBLA.
    I actually have a surprising amount of Behemoth merch considering I've never actually played their games. Gotta love their t-shirts. :)

It's been on PS3 for a couple years too.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Here's a game request, any games out there that let me build up my nation, research some tech, manufacturer stuff for my warriors, and have tactical battles with multiple fighters in a squad. I'm thinking something mixing together X-COM, FF Tactics, and Jagged Alliance 2.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Like a Civilization/Lords of the Realm style game, but with SPRG elements/turn based combat?

If this game exists, I also want to know.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you find that you let me know right away so I can throw all my money at it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Here's a game request, any games out there that let me build up my nation, research some tech, manufacturer stuff for my warriors, and have tactical battles with multiple fighters in a squad. I'm thinking something mixing together X-COM, FF Tactics, and Jagged Alliance 2.

Going along the lines of Age of Wonders here?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular

New X-COM comes out in 2 weeks. Or are you trying to scratch that itch because you can't wait any longer?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Speaking of Jade Empire: Does the combat ever get better? I picked it up because of the hive mind love, and while the story is interesting enough, I feel like the combat is...bad. It feels like it's trying to be a cross between a beat em up and an RPG, but beat em up part isn't polished.

Not really.

I suggest using Leaping Tiger, Spirit Thief, and Fortune's Favorite.

At one point in the game, there is a side quest for the fourth combat style I used. It's game-breakingly powerful against single enemies (the last boss went down to it without being able to damage me - I seriously was confused that the game ended when it did). A mysterious traveler from a distant land, imbued with the mighty spirit of the Python, is the one that grants the PC this awesome power.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Zenitram wrote: »

New X-COM comes out in 2 weeks. Or are you trying to scratch that itch because you can't wait any longer?

Unforetunately, the new X-Com does not support XP, my computer meets every spec except that one.

Its also because i've been having this idea in my head of a band of interplanetary outlaws (in the outlaw star sense) who run ops on earth for people and supplies while building up their home base on a war ravaged planet.

That would be my ideal game and I look forward to any game that comes close.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Fuck Fuck Fuck FUUUUUUUUCK.
    Just finished To The Moon.

How dare you make me feel things. :(

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Unforetunately, the new X-Com does not support XP, my computer meets every spec except that one.

Its also because i've been having this idea in my head of a band of interplanetary outlaws (in the outlaw star sense) who run ops on earth for people and supplies while building up their home base on a war ravaged planet.

That would be my ideal game and I look forward to any game that comes close.

There may be a work around, and sometimes they'll flat out work fine on unsupported OS, it just means they aren't going to put any effort into making sure it does.

• Options
    Mark of the Ninja is debuting on PC October 16th. 15 bucks, and pinky promises of no GFWL. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/24/sneaky-stabby-mark-of-the-ninja-officially-steam-bound/

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Loving that no-GFWL is a selling point right now. I've had my share of problems with it but I realise its more the implementation of the service than the service itself. Though fuck upgrading it, turns into an endless loop.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Loving that no-GFWL is a selling point right now. I've had my share of problems with it but I realise its more the implementation of the service than the service itself. Though fuck upgrading it, turns into an endless loop.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why any developer would even use GFWL anymore if something like "My game won't have GFWL" has become a selling point.

I mean, I can understand if it's a Microsoft game, because then they would have to use it or else it would look bad. The same way that even though your fucking idiot brother in law can't hold a job for more than four months at a time you still have to hire him now that you're the the HR manager because he's your brother in law and if you don't your wife will be pissed.

Games for Windows Live is the fucking idiot brother in law of PC gaming.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It's a shame that Iron Brigade was burdened with GFWL. I think it killed a lot of sales for that game.

The worst thing is that the IP is owned by Microsoft, so they are within their rights to hand off any possible sequel to another developer.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sounds like I really need to play To the Moon. How long is it? Is it something i could finish in an evening or two and feel like I accomplished finishing a game? I've started Borderlands on the PS3 and Torchlight and Batman on the PC and I'm feeling like a small, bite-sized game might be a nice diversion.

As a side note: the first bonus level in Shatter is the closest I've ever come to being physically ill while gaming. There was something about the backdrop and motion of that one level that immediately turned my stomach. Super fun game, I just hope there aren't more levels that do that!

• Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    If you're talking about the bounce-counter level after the first boss - yeah, the one after every boss is pretty much like that.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    So that SR3 best game ever 2011 video....

Holy shit I have to play more of that game!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Mark of the Ninja is debuting on PC October 16th. 15 bucks, and pinky promises of no GFWL. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/09/24/sneaky-stabby-mark-of-the-ninja-officially-steam-bound/

As someone who shelled out the money for this on XBLA because I'm too impatient to wait for a PC release confirmation (though I'd much rather have had it on PC), this game is FANTASTIC. Buy it. Even if it's not on sale.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have to disagree with that video's idea of a good moral choice. Good moral choices should not be dependant on what loot you get out of it, and the one at the end of the game was really pretty bad and felt extremely tacked on and consequence free. If I'm taking into account what weapon or evil/light side points I'm getting out of it, it is generally not that compelling of a choice.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Sounds like I really need to play To the Moon. How long is it? Is it something i could finish in an evening or two and feel like I accomplished finishing a game? I've started Borderlands on the PS3 and Torchlight and Batman on the PC and I'm feeling like a small, bite-sized game might be a nice diversion.

As a side note: the first bonus level in Shatter is the closest I've ever come to being physically ill while gaming. There was something about the backdrop and motion of that one level that immediately turned my stomach. Super fun game, I just hope there aren't more levels that do that!

To the moon is a game that hovers around 4 hours.

It's also a game that will make you feel a knot in your throat at least a couple of times, while making you laugh at others. It's really a required experience, at least once.

I know that I will replay it at least another time, but later on. There are quite a few details that only make sense once you know the few twists and turns of later on. It all connects so well.

In short: do it.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten to post in here much, but I've been reading, and I want to thank you all for being so enthusiastic about games games games.

FTL is awesome.

Borderlands 2 has been very nice indeed! I've been gambling so much that I have 1/3rd of the income that all my playmates do. Probably because the rewards get split 4 ways o.O

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    I guess next paycheck I'll grab a copy. I kind of blew my budget this week and then some. I think I need to start saving up for a new harddrive and monitor as well - especially monitor, I think I'd like to get a widescreen at some point.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

As someone who shelled out the money for this on XBLA because I'm too impatient to wait for a PC release confirmation (though I'd much rather have had it on PC), this game is FANTASTIC. Buy it. Even if it's not on sale.

I completely second this man's fantastic taste in games.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Wow, this fucker's getting released after all this time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhyZFT4Aw_Y

All previous owners will be getting a Steam key when it's released, too.

I think I have that from a Humble Bundle and only ever checked it out briefly.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    So that SR3 best game ever 2011 video....

Holy shit I have to play more of that game!

Yeah, thanks to the video I downloaded the game over the free weekend and played it for awhile and had a blast. Went ahead and purchased it yesterday and played some more. The way my brain is wired though, I had to do all of the "go steal me this vehicle and bring it to the chop shop" missions immediately. Now I'm about to finish up the assassination missions, then I figure I'll keep going through the rest of the game. I would love if GTA games would be this playable on the PC. Seriously, the driving, flying, gunplay, hand to hand fighting. It all works so well.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    The way my brain is wired though, I had to do all of the "go steal me this vehicle and bring it to the chop shop" missions immediately. Now I'm about to finish up the assassination missions, then I figure I'll keep going through the rest of the game.
    That's actually the best way to do it, since some of them get incredibly tedious and hard to do the later in the game you get. Especially the gang related ones.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

Talking of Xcom, a Steam demo has just appeared if you want to try that.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

Talking of Xcom, a Steam demo has just appeared if you want to try that.

Ah. That explains the XCOM thread unread message explosion.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    heenato wrote: »
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    The way my brain is wired though, I had to do all of the "go steal me this vehicle and bring it to the chop shop" missions immediately. Now I'm about to finish up the assassination missions, then I figure I'll keep going through the rest of the game.
    That's actually the best way to do it, since some of them get incredibly tedious and hard to do the later in the game you get. Especially the gang related ones.

I didn't do most of those til post-story clean up. I had to use
    mayor's favor to clear the heat
    so I could finish most of the later car theft missions. Too much of this
    695ECB8BF26FF2658E0A91FF1C6D6B76B28F92C3

Also, found a glitch in one of the hit jobs after
    the bridges go up. Target is supposed to be on one of the bridges 64351E5B5DE724CEE1897A935EE904A30F6D9C1C

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Thank you to @Viking for gifting me The Broken Sword trilogy.

Just remember - the winter sale is coming.
    <3

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    When does Steam do its Winter sale traditionally? Is it around Christmas? This is my first PC enabled year.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I want to say that for 2011 it was the last 2 weeks of the year, or pretty close to that.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Theres also the smaller Halloween sale and thanksgiving.

• Options
    A few days before Xmas till a little past the new year. Given the way the calendar has worked out this year I'd expect it to start Dec 20 (since their big sales tend to start on Thursdays).

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So we only get one day of the sale before the world explodes? So much gifting will be done!

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So we only get one day of the sale before the world explodes? So much gifting will be done!

One day of sales followed by a week and a half of Revelations 2012 with the reasoning given of "We totally didn't think we'd still be here".

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    XCOM demo is on steam now.

I think.

Maybe.

Outlook uncertain.

A3koOQbCAAAsoYK.png:large

This discussion has been closed.