As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

we're living in the cyberpunk future

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Upload my consciousness to the 'net plz.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm afraid we can only make a copy of your consciousness and upload that.

You will still be in your body, and another you will be on the net.

So, no. We will not.

Nobody wants two of you around.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    cyborgs aren't going to be persecuted because they're all going to be rich people

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    If anything cybernetics will make the already stark contrast between classes in our society all that much worse.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Which is the edition of Cyberpunk that used those 6 inch tall GI Joes for all of its artwork?

Also I think I've turned into some sort of wierd RPG hippie swine and my ideal cyberpunk game is pretty much a slightly hacked version of Apocalypse World.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    cyborgs aren't going to be persecuted because they're all going to be rich people

My middle class lifestyle will afford me a robotic pinkie.

With hefty monthly subscription fees of course.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I think I read the first volume, it had some interesting concepts but the art didn't really get my attention. I'm a bit shallow like that when it comes to comics. :p

Still makes me sad Appleseed is the bastard stepchild to Ghost in the Shell, because there are so many little facets of Olympus that make for cool sci-fi. Like planting a small bomb in a cyborg's car to wreck his expensive equipment as a revenge prank.

"Our Father who art in Heaven... please let this cost him fifty grand."

Battle Angel Alita is yet another case of "artist settles into a comfortable style halfway through the series" kinda deal.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

The robot pinkie will just be a 32 gb usb drive as a replacement for your old pinkie.

• Options
    Huntera wrote: »

The robot pinkie will just be a 32 gb usb drive as a replacement for your old pinkie.

And it doesn't even move.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

And because it comes out in the future, we will be using 500 terabyte hard drives as base models.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    speaking of data storage and memory

did you guys see the fucking 256 GB SD card?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57514699-1/lexar-announces-$900-256gb-sd-card-for-pro-video/

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    speaking of data storage and memory

did you guys see the fucking 256 GB SD card?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57514699-1/lexar-announces-$900-256gb-sd-card-for-pro-video/

Why buy a $900 256 when 128s are about $180?

• Options

And because it comes out in the future, we will be using 500 terabyte hard drives as base models.

yeah its getting real hard to get outraged about consumer culture anymore

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    This Cyberpunk enough for you?

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/13/137029208/heart-with-no-beat-offers-hope-of-new-lease-on-life

You have no pulse.

Probably in the next generation or so, we're likely to start hitting some early transhuman ethical concerns.

I think that controversy over Pistorius at the olympics qualifies as transhuman debate

• Options
    Shoot, doping in sports is pretty transhuman imo

• Options

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/13/137029208/heart-with-no-beat-offers-hope-of-new-lease-on-life

You have no pulse.

Probably in the next generation or so, we're likely to start hitting some early transhuman ethical concerns.

I think that controversy over Pistorius at the olympics qualifies as transhuman debate

I was really hoping that dude would clean up

• Options
    hah, Pistorius has the nickname "Blade Runner" in his home country

bItQPm.jpg

• Options
    he say you brade runna

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    if blade runner is such a good movie then why does it have so many versions??? checkmate

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I fell asleep watching blade runner.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular

You have no pulse.

Didn't even think about that, but that's totally true. However, his legs are in essence just springs. If they were fully actuated and used artificial muscle however, I don't think he'd have been allowed to compete.

Wasn't that in the backstory of Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Some atheletes were banned because their augs gave them an unfair advantage? I know one story was about a dock worker who sued to get robot limbs because his lack of augs meant he couldn't compete in the heavy physical labor workplace.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Favlaud wrote: »
    if blade runner is such a good movie then why does it have so many versions??? checkmate

:O

Favvles when did you start posting again?!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    The best part of DE:HR was the costumery.

Y5y45.jpg

mqt35.jpg

• Options

Only the versions in which Deckard was not implied to be a replicant were good

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    skrillex hair is the future

• Options
    FavlaudFavlaud just straight up awful Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »

:O

Favvles when did you start posting again?!

the exact moment you wanted me to start posting again

i exist solely in your mind

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    AkfkK.png?1

Know what'll get a polar bear laid? When the ladies see Him ridin around on his sweet hoverboard. Bam! Two birds!

BRB inventing hoverboard

broken image link
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I would fuck Skrillex.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

but every version implies that...

gtrmp on
  • Options
    I would fuck Skrillex.

Like, inside or outside of the pokeball?

• Options
    what is it like inside a pokeball

is it like the inside of a genie bottle or are you just kind of an amorphous mass with no consciousness

these are important questions that i think we should all take the time to contemplate

• Options
    gtrmp wrote: »

but every version implies that...

well, some more explicitly than others

• Options
    WV1Mn.gif
    Zsq8P.gif

I had these saved as cyberpunk for some reason

check that police dude go

aint no cishumans have moves like that

• Options
    like the director's cut is almost hamfisted with the whole

HEY DO YOU SEE ALL THESE ORIGAMI UNICORNS WHAT COULD THESE REPRESENT HMMMM

IT IS A MYSTERY

• Options
    i hope we can all agree that the inside of a genie bottle is a luxurious sitting room, i was taking that fact as read

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Oh, we're doing pictures now?
    Neuromancer__by_royalboiler.jpg

Brandon "King City" Graham drew Neuromancer fanart. It's gorgeous. Avoids all the cliches you'd expect, too.

• Options
    ain't no way that's supposed to be chiba city

streets are way too clean!!!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I really like sci-fi settings that ostensibly look very similar to present day, but just casually have future stuff thrown in

the original Total Recall's Earth sections are a good example

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I really like sci-fi settings that ostensibly look very similar to present day, but just casually have future stuff thrown in

the original Total Recall's Earth sections are a good example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjLO_CrZRmM