Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    My "normal" Act 1 run is

1) Check for Watchtower. If it's not there, re-start the game.
    2) Festering Woods. You will get to 3 (sometimes 5) NV really quickly in this very small zone. Waypoint to...
    3) Cemetery of the Forsaken. Go into each Defiled Crypt until to find the first elite pack, kill them, town portal out, repeat. Once you get the first pack in each crypt, waypoint to...
    4) Leoric's Manor. Go BACKWARDS through the manor, out into the courtyard, down to the Watchtower. You should get another 2-3 packs on the way. Then enter the...
    5) Watchtower. Typically contains another 4+ packs. Clear it all the way, then waypoint to...
    6) Highlands Crossing. Just a quick run through here, taking out the 2-3 packs between the entrance and...
    7) Cave of the Moon Clan. A clear of this dungeon will get you a few more packs.

The whole thing should take you about 30 minutes or so, and (depending on your MF) you should get up to an entire stash page worth of yellow items.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    seems to have a little too much transfer, that route D:

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So I found this on GameFaqs so who knows if it is valid but this is info on the Infernal machine.
    KEYS:

Apparently it is recommended that you have 5 stacks before killing and doing it on the highest monster power you can should solidify getting a key, keys do not have 100% drop rate, but it would seem as though on the PTR the keywardens have a 100% spawn rate.

•First one spawns in Act 1 - Fields of Misery

•Second one spawns in Act 2 - Dahlgur Oasis

•Third one spawns in Act 3 - Stonefort

•Last one Act 4 - Silverspire (Drops the plan)

Take the Plan and the keys to the blacksmith, get him to craft a machine. From what I see you only have to get the plan once, but need 3 sets of keys to get all the organs.

Once find all the keys and Infernal Machine plan and craft go to the last quest in Act 1, you have to return to New Tristram and talk to the healer. After, the house directly to the northeast will open up as the "Heretic's Abode." Inside you will be able to use the Infernal Machine to create a portal (the item is used in this process).

Portals created with the Infernal Machine:
    1. Rakanoth and Ghom
    2. Siegebreaker and Kulle
    3. Magdha and Skeleton King

Good luck killing them, I was watching when some of the top 3 barbs were taking on seige and kulle, then kulle enraged and one shotted all them haha. I do suppose it was on monster power 10 and both bosses had 300+ mill hp.

Your reward for your efforts:

The Hellfire Ring Plan is found off Squirt the Peddler in act 2.
    The mats needed are: [Vengeful Eye]x1 [Devil's Fang]x1 [Writhing Spine]x1 [gold]x50,000

There are four version that can be crafted. The rings have the following stats

•170-200 Of your stat (Dex/strn/int) or 100 vit

•4 random props

•Increased XP by 35%

•Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack

That's a shitty reward if true. The 35% exp is nice, but what are you going to do when you eventually reach paragon level 100?

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Chen wrote: »
    So I found this on GameFaqs so who knows if it is valid but this is info on the Infernal machine.
    KEYS:

Apparently it is recommended that you have 5 stacks before killing and doing it on the highest monster power you can should solidify getting a key, keys do not have 100% drop rate, but it would seem as though on the PTR the keywardens have a 100% spawn rate.

Take the Plan and the keys to the blacksmith, get him to craft a machine. From what I see you only have to get the plan once, but need 3 sets of keys to get all the organs.

Once find all the keys and Infernal Machine plan and craft go to the last quest in Act 1, you have to return to New Tristram and talk to the healer. After, the house directly to the northeast will open up as the "Heretic's Abode." Inside you will be able to use the Infernal Machine to create a portal (the item is used in this process).

1. Rakanoth and Ghom

Good luck killing them, I was watching when some of the top 3 barbs were taking on seige and kulle, then kulle enraged and one shotted all them haha. I do suppose it was on monster power 10 and both bosses had 300+ mill hp.

The mats needed are: [Vengeful Eye]x1 [Devil's Fang]x1 [Writhing Spine]x1 [gold]x50,000

•4 random props

•Increased XP by 35%

That's a shitty reward if true. The 35% exp is nice, but what are you going to do when you eventually reach paragon level 100?

give it to another char that isnt 60/100!
    fun fun fun!

• Options
    WydrionWydrion Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I think the thread title shouldn't be what it is until a blue specifically outlines that's what they meant.

We're pasting together two facts:

AFFIXES will be rolled to reflect Monster Level, no longer by ilvl. That means an Act 3 Inferno mob that drops an ilvl 58 axe will be inherently stronger than the Act 4 Hell monster that dropped an ilvl 58 axe. That's all that means. It's a good change, it makes sense from a 'fun' standpoint.

And the fact that MP will set every Monster level to 63.

But are we sure that the ilvl an item dropped at was directly related to the monster's level? It could have just as easily been tied to what act they were from. For all we know, Act 3 could still drop higher ilvl items at a higher rate than Act 1/2.

I think what we all want is Act 1/2/3/4 to be one static difficulty and have the same farming capacity, but then again we want a lot of things from Diablo 3 that they like to feed to us through an IV drip pace.

Now all we need is a reason to go to Act 4...

Wydrion on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wydrion wrote: »

What monsters that fly in from off screen to one shot you isn't enough reason?
    Also Horde Illusionist Knockback Morlu Incinerators is not as entertaining as it sounds.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Also Horde Illusionist Knockback Morlu Incinerators is not as entertaining as it sounds.

A4 isnt that bad since inferno got nerfed, there just aren't enough nice packs that would make it worthwhile.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Well, the Bul-Kathos sword I found a couple weeks ago is on the AH. I was planning to level a barb and use it, but I decided I'd rather pimp my WD. It ends in about 4 hours and it's got a bid up for 140mil, so at the very least, I'm about to be pretty damn rich. As tempting as it will be to buy shit with it, I think I'll wait for the patch to hit and prices to drop.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »

A4 isnt that bad since inferno got nerfed, there just aren't enough nice packs that would make it worthwhile.

I think I actually earn XP faster there than act III

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I think the thread title shouldn't be what it is until a blue specifically outlines that's what they meant.

AFFIXES will be rolled to reflect Monster Level, no longer by ilvl. That means an Act 3 Inferno mob that drops an ilvl 58 axe will be inherently stronger than the Act 4 Hell monster that dropped an ilvl 58 axe. That's all that means. It's a good change, it makes sense from a 'fun' standpoint.

But are we sure that the ilvl an item dropped at was directly related to the monster's level? It could have just as easily been tied to what act they were from. For all we know, Act 3 could still drop higher ilvl items at a higher rate than Act 1/2.

I think what we all want is Act 1/2/3/4 to be one static difficulty and have the same farming capacity, but then again we want a lot of things from Diablo 3 that they like to feed to us through an IV drip pace.

So, the moment you go into Inferno with any kind of Monster Power (e.g. Monster Power 1 and above), all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do. However, bumping up Monster Power beyond 1 will not further increase your chance of getting iLevel 63 items.

Blizz do doublespeak a lot, but that seems relatively clear-cut.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    JibbaJibba Registered User regular
    I guess the question is, can ilvl 63 affixes appear on sub-ilvl 63 items?
    Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

I assume the answer has to be yes, or else it'd be that monsters only drop items at their level (which would be insane.)

• Options
    Shen wrote: »

So, the moment you go into Inferno with any kind of Monster Power (e.g. Monster Power 1 and above), all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do. However, bumping up Monster Power beyond 1 will not further increase your chance of getting iLevel 63 items.

It does and I'm not trying to mince words, but they have like three different parallel level systems going at once here.

"all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do."

This could mean they now gain the ability to drop iLevel 63 items. It could also mean that they drop at the same frequency, but we don't know that.

"However, bumping up Monster Power beyond 1 will not further increase your chance of getting iLevel 63 items."

This could possibly only mean that MP 10 doesn't magically make 99% of your drops iLevel 63. It doesn't necessarily make it true that the frequency of drops is static amongst all acts.

I dunno. I'm not going to be dumb and be like "What does "by a factor of four" mean?! AHHHH!!!" but I just hesitate to celebrate and say that every act has equal loot-dropping qualities now, as that would be awesome and I've learned by now to not get my hopes up. I'll concede and say it's probably what's going to happen, but with an overdose of cautious optimism.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Shen wrote: »

It does and I'm not trying to mince words, but they have like three different parallel level systems going at once here.

"all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do."

This could mean they now gain the ability to drop iLevel 63 items. It could also mean that they drop at the same frequency, but we don't know that.
    They already have the ability to drop ilvl 63 items, so no, it can't mean that.

Chen wrote: »
    KEYS:

1. Rakanoth and Ghom

•4 random props

•Increased XP by 35%

Apparently the proc is quite strong, to the tune of 2.5-5 million damage (AoE). It's also account-bound with no level requirement, so you can pass it to an alt.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Yeah if it rolls with crit chance that's pretty much a great ring already. Wonder if you can wear two of them.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Played around on the PTR last night. Buddy and I got three keys, going to farm the plans tonight. We were playing on Monster Power 5, it's pretty fun. We're trying to find a happy medium between more magic find and killing speed (Note, we're also only in the early 20's for paragon level, so we don't have nearly the stats some of these other guys testing do). No legendaries yet, but some almost really good loot, including a 900 dps level 60 1h sword from Act 1.

I think the new change to loot is going to be freaking awesome.

Edit:
    Jibba wrote: »
    I guess the question is, can ilvl 63 affixes appear on sub-ilvl 63 items?
    Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

I assume the answer has to be yes, or else it'd be that monsters only drop items at their level (which would be insane.)

Yes. Said 60 sword had a +49% damage modifier on it, and I'm pretty sure old sub 63 capped at 40ish.

Mvrck on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    act 3 has the huge monster density so it's always going to win in exp. for elite packs though I hate act 3, they could double the number easily.

• Options
    Billmaan wrote: »
    Apparently the proc is quite strong, to the tune of 2.5-5 million damage (AoE). It's also account-bound with no level requirement, so you can pass it to an alt.

Wow. That's quite a bit of damage! Any idea the area of effect or how often it occurs?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    It's important to differentiate the way loot is generated currently, and the way it will be rolled in 1.05. This is necessary to understand why they are making the monster level change, as this directly impacts the quality of loot. The quantity of loot, as correctly noted above, is a detail that remains vague. I'm going to give some background for folks who may not be aware of how the current system operates(though I know for most of you this will be a boring refresher - Feel free to sticky this in the OP @Shen if you find it useful).

First, when an item drops, there is a roll to determine the item level (iLvL) of that item. This roll has a weighted distribution depending on the act you are in, there is a convenient listing of the percentages here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6214196/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_June_Updated_628-6_28_2012#blog From this we can see that, Act 4 Hell has a 0% chance to drop iLVL 63 items, Act 2 has a 9.3% chance, while Act 3 has a 16.3% chance. This means, that out of all the equipable items that drop, they will approach these precentages over a long period of farming.

Now, the reason iLvL is so important, is that it sets the maximum potential an item can have. iLvL 61 items, for example, can only have access to certain affixes which determine an item's stats. iLvL 63 items, by contrast, have no restrictions and can potentially roll the best items in the game. Under the current system, iLvL directly limits what affixes are possible on items.

After the patch, this will no longer be the case. When the new patch hits, 1.05, each item's affix level will be directly determined by the Monster Level (or mLvL) that was killed, when the item dropped. Each Act has a set mLvL. Act 1 inferno has an mLvL of 61, while Act 2 has an mLvL of 62, and Act 3+4 have mLvLs of 63. With all of this in mind (mLvL, iLvL, and current Act), the patch will have some pretty interesting effects:

1) After iLvL 60, the iLvL will only be useful for determining the base stats of the item. For clothing, that will be the base armor stat, and for weapons that will be the base DPS stat. Broadly speaking, this will "smooth out" the difference between iLvL60 and iLvL63 items. Top tier iLvL 63 items will still be the absolute best items in the game (alongside well rolled legendaries), but iLvL 61 items will be able to get reasonably close to that maximum potential.

2) *edit* Blizzard has confirmed that there is a major exception to the mLvL rule. Any items that drop where the iLVL is greater than the mLvL automatically get affixes equal to the iLVL NOT mLvL.

3) With their new Monster Power (MP) system, they allow you set the difficulty of any Inferno Act to Monster Power 1. This immediately makes the mLvL of all the monsters mLvL63. Thus allowing you to farm both Act 1 and Act 2 of Inferno, while still getting the same quality of drops as Act 3.

4) However, the one area where everything still remains vague, is whether or not setting Act One or Two to Monster Power Level 1 affects the drop chart I linked to earlier. If it does, that's great! Each Act of Inferno at Monster Power 1 and above will have equal farming potential. If not, then Act 3 will remain the best location to farm due to its superior potential drop rates. And most importantly, you absolutely want to be at the maxium iLvL 63 drop rates whenever possible, specifically for legendary drops.

Whew! That was a lot of typing. I hope someone found this useful :)

Roz on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    So, I got back into playing again. This time I'm gonna level my wizard a bit. I was clearing act2 nightmare and was dying a little too much for comfort. So I go to the AH and start upgrading some items. I found a 500ish DPS 2h sword with over 140 int for cheap. Reduced item level rocks. I killed Ghom is 8 seconds!

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Interesting! If all rares in a mlvl 63 act are going to have the same shot at those lvl 63 affixes, this is going to drastically increase the pool of potentially great rare items. Since the quality of armor pieces is almost entirely dependent upon affix rolls. Imagine farming the way you are right now, but with every piece of armor popping out as Archon _____.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Interesting! If all rares in a mlvl 63 act are going to have the same shot at those lvl 63 affixes, this is going to drastically increase the pool of potentially great rare items. Since the quality of armor pieces is almost entirely dependent upon affix rolls. Imagine farming the way you are right now, but with every piece of armor popping out as Archon _____.

Yep, pretty much! It will likely increase the number of high quality rares by a factor of 5 or 6. This will increase the gear floor dramatically, while also making the gold disparity between Legendary and rare items that much greater.

• Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    Zoelef wrote: »

Ouch. OK, Arcane Enchanted Horde - what were the other two? Don't recognize that debuff icon... was that extra health? I don't think they're that squishy that 1.6M would be 'extra' but I might be remembering wrong. Fast?

Mortar was definitely there, and I think Fast to boot. I'm a dummy for re-engaging. So, off to SC I go, marching through Act 3 Inferno as a Witch Doctor on the back of a 6k-gold two-hander that is now effectively a dud since I just learned that Zombie Bears doesn't proc LoH.

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

Yep, pretty much! It will likely increase the number of high quality rares by a factor of 5 or 6. This will increase the gear floor dramatically, while also making the gold disparity between Legendary and rare items that much greater.

So when I kill a monster that is mlvl 63 and it drops a rare the affixes will all be ilvl 63 affixes if the item is at least ilvl 60 or can a ilvl 58 or ilvl 59 rare have ilvl 63 affixes? You mentioned something about ilvl 60 being a minimum where'd ya get that info?

This is overall a huge nerf to the game but it's interesting how someone who is not capable of doing act 3/4 inferno and is in act 1/2 inferno with monster level 0 will be unable to get ilvl 63 affixes even if they find ilvl 63 items. Kinda screws new players a bit who are trying to gear up. Then again I just made a wizard with 2M gold who can do act 2 inferno. With the new influx of loot I'm sure 2M gold will make people able to do act 3/4 inferno and act 1/2 inferno with monster level one.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    You can currently gear up a character to go through Act 3/4 on far, far, far less than 2M gold if you're careful about what you buy. MP0 Act 3/4 will be significantly easier than the current versions of the acts.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    As long as the mob is 63, the item's affixes will be ilvl 63, even if it's an ilvl 58-62 item. There's still a random roll for whether it gets 4-6 properties.

And it doesn't screw anyone. The 1.04 equivalent will be somewhere between MP2 and 3, so you can set MP1 and have lvl 63 monsters that are easier than the current Inferno monsters. MP1 will probably be the most efficient farming method for most people, until your gear is high enough that you can instagib MPX monsters.

Jibba on
  • Options
    I really wish someone came out with a chart saying how much each level of monster power increases the monsters health & damage. Hmm I wonder when the next patch will come out. Anyone have any idea when it will come out?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679197889

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6679198028?page=1

Just saw those now. It's actually pretty stupid. The MP MF bonus suffers diminishing returns (and even if it didn't, it only scales linearly) meanwhile mob hp scales exponentially.

TjRby.jpg

This graph shows it, although it maintains that MF doesn't have DR. I've never seen confirmation of that, and since Jay said it operates as D2's did, I'm still inclined to believe 0->300 MF yields better returns than 300->600. Even if it doesn't, the time increase quickly outweighs the MF increase.

Jibba on
  • Options
    As long as the mob is 63, the item's affixes will be ilvl 63, even if it's an ilvl 58-62 item. There's still a random roll for whether it gets 4-6 properties.

And it doesn't screw anyone. The 1.04 equivalent will be somewhere between MP2 and 3, so you can set MP1 and have lvl 63 monsters that are easier than the current Inferno monsters. MP1 will probably be the most efficient farming method for most people, until your gear is high enough that you can instagib MPX monsters.

This is very accurate. However, I have one caveat that I am not 100% certain items of iLvL 58 can obtain a full 6 affixes. I haven't been able to confirm that, since I'm not home to check the AH. If they can, then I will edit my original post include items of iLvL 58 and above.

It is worth emphasizing that this is in no way a nerf to progression. With the upcoming changes to Inferno, you will be able to progress through all of the Acts much more quickly. Not to mention, that with the increase in high quality rare drops, it will be easier than ever to gear up a character who can defeat all of Inferno. The gear will both be simultaneously better, and cheaper. This is what I mean by "raising the gear floor."

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Yeah the MP scaling needs tweaking, either in the HP values or the rewards. There's clearly just no reason to ever play on the highest levels.

sumwar wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

So when I kill a monster that is mlvl 63 and it drops a rare the affixes will all be ilvl 63 affixes if the item is at least ilvl 60 or can a ilvl 58 or ilvl 59 rare have ilvl 63 affixes? You mentioned something about ilvl 60 being a minimum where'd ya get that info?

This is overall a huge nerf to the game but it's interesting how someone who is not capable of doing act 3/4 inferno and is in act 1/2 inferno with monster level 0 will be unable to get ilvl 63 affixes even if they find ilvl 63 items. Kinda screws new players a bit who are trying to gear up. Then again I just made a wizard with 2M gold who can do act 2 inferno. With the new influx of loot I'm sure 2M gold will make people able to do act 3/4 inferno and act 1/2 inferno with monster level one.

Even ilvl 58 rares will get 63 affixes. Also:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/237604-affixes-based-on-ilvl-of-monster/

They actually make an exception such that items higher than the current monster level(i.e. ilvl63 from Act 1) roll at their own level. So nobody gets nerfed at all.

Zek on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Another way to look at it is that post-1.05, every single drop you get in Act 3 Inferno is going to be equivalent to what is now an "iLevel 63" item. That change alone will greatly increase the supply of good end-game rares & legendaries.

What I don't get is why they would make a straight equivalency between iLevels and mLevels. This removes quite a bit of the variability of item drops as people play through the game at the "lower" levels (i.e., anything below Act 3 Inferno). If I'm understanding all the previews properly, what is going to happen is that people who can't kill mLevel 63 monsters are never going to see iLevel 63 loot, because mLevel=iLevel. In terms of progression, the (already extremely low) chance that you will get that comparatively "crazy awesome" drop from something you kill yourself is going to be drastically reduced. An interesting example is someone who can barely get through Act 2 Inferno and wants to make the jump to Act 3 Inferno. Making that transition will be more difficult because the items you get are capped in value (which will similarly affect the value of anything you might sell in order to get something better).

I'm curious what the effects on the economy are going to be for sub-63 items. My suspicion, per @Roz, is that both the value of anything below 63 is going to drop like a rock, while you will see extreme levels of marginal increase for anything that would constitute a "good" 63 (i.e., the price pyramid is going to get much steeper once you hit that point).

I guess in terms of casuals, the ship has already sailed in the sense that you were never going to get anything decent for yourself once you hit mid-to-late Hell anyway. Worrying about "depreciating" the value of item drops for those players was a losing proposition, and the difficulty is so low at that point that your gear pretty much doesn't matter. Any progression past that point is predicated on using the AH, so this change seems to cater exclusively to that late-game super-farming population. At the very least, we now have controllable difficulty and what will eventually become a floor on end-game item value.

• Options
    I'm very unhappy that the HP increases are so high. Even monster power 1 has such a huge HP increase I won't be able to go back to act 1/2 inferno and do monster power lvl 1 because it's just not worth it. Even if you have 100K+ Dps it's not worth it going beyond monster power 1 and even then it might not be worth it since the magic find/gold find increase is not that much.

• Options
    Some people on the battle.net forums are suggesting that monster power level 1 only increases hp by 50%. I hope that's the case.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for clearing up the item level/monster level stuff above, I guess I wasn't thinking about it clearly.

Next question:
    qWH30.png

Should I sell this? It's a ~5500 DPS increase for me (my gear sucks) but it doesn't have a socket, which robs me of my ruby helmet gem. :/

If I sold it, how much would I get? I see worse ones going for a few million. 8% weakness is really low, and 38% proc is fairly high.

Edit: Adding my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wydrion-1616/hero/3367360 for science.

Wydrion on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    @sumwar Again, Blizzard is lowering the base HP/damage of everything. Wyatt Cheng said to get the same level of difficulty in 1.05 as you currently get in 1.04, you'll have to set MP to 2 or 3. Some are saying it's closer to 4.

So even MP1/2 will be easier than Inferno is right now.

Some other tidbits from the PTR:

Rings/amulets can now be ilvl 63, which means their stat ranges just went up a lot.
    [–]ChaosBadgersArrogant#1971 11 points 20 hours ago
    Bored so here's the new interesting stats possible on jewelry.
    Elemental Resist: 60
    AR: 80
    CD: 50% Rings, Ammy 100%
    Crit Chance: 6% Rings, 10% Ammy
    There is no higher affix for IAS
    LoH: 479 Rings, 959 Ammy
    Life %: 12% Rings, 16% Ammy
    MF: 20% Ring, 45% Ammy
    Pwoof

The new Evasive Fire rune doesn't consume any discipline for the +armor, but it's still only single target. :( Seems like Bola Shot is the new thing.

Jibba on
  • Options
    Hmmm well I know the damage is being reduced so monster power lvl 2 or 3 should have the same damage as the current difficulty but if the chart I read on the battle.net forums is correct monster power level 2 has 218% HP of monster power level 0. I doubt monster power level 0 in act 1.0.5 will make the monsters have less than 50% 1.0.4 HP. It's possible but I doubt they're reducing the health that much. I can see people using the first 2 monster power levels for the increase gold/xp/magic find and maybe even 3. But monster power 4 and up to me just won't be efficient even if you've got 100K+ DPS. I see myself using monster power 1 for the sake for doing act 1/2 inferno to break the tedium of constantly doing act 3 over and over again but other than that, I don't see myself using the monster power levels beyond level 1-2.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC0PCS5zMo8

Basically, everyone gets diversity besides monks.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I'll probably stick around MP1 just to get the game to feel like hell in Diablo 2.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Question: Does the Monster Power MF% boost show up on one's character paper doll screen?

And did I read correctly that the MP MF% boost can push one over the current MF% cap?

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Thanks for the great info guys, I'll edit it into the OP when I've got a spare minute.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Question: Does the Monster Power MF% boost show up on one's character paper doll screen?

And did I read correctly that the MP MF% boost can push one over the current MF% cap?

Yeah, the MP boost is independent of normal MF. Max MF is now 550%.