Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Myiagros wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why when I compare weapons on my Monk that if I look at any shield, doesn't matter if it has dexterity or not, it shows that it would be a DPS increase? I don't remember seeing this on my barbarian when I was switching between dual wield and shield.

I might be pulling this out of my ass, but I believe your two 1h weapons have their dps averaged on your paperdoll. So if you are comparing the shield against your lesser-dps weapon, it will then calculate dps solely using your higher-dps weapon.

That's pretty annoying if that is how it works. They should just implement a button(CTRL) that you can hold down to compare a weapon to the one that is in your offhand, and do the same with rings while they are at it. Having to switch them to the other hand just to see what the stat increase would be is really stupid.

This is pretty much how it works, and yes, the UI still has kinks that need to be worked out.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Can anyone tell me why when I compare weapons on my Monk that if I look at any shield, doesn't matter if it has dexterity or not, it shows that it would be a DPS increase? I don't remember seeing this on my barbarian when I was switching between dual wield and shield.

I might be pulling this out of my ass, but I believe your two 1h weapons have their dps averaged on your paperdoll. So if you are comparing the shield against your lesser-dps weapon, it will then calculate dps solely using your higher-dps weapon.

That's pretty annoying if that is how it works. They should just implement a button(CTRL) that you can hold down to compare a weapon to the one that is in your offhand, and do the same with rings while they are at it. Having to switch them to the other hand just to see what the stat increase would be is really stupid.

Hold Alt

Is it actually a DPS increase if you equip it? When you're dual wielding, you alternate between using your mainhand and using your offhand to attack. That's why the DPS stat is an average of the two(with +15% attack speed), and if one weapon is crappy then holding it will lower your DPS.

Zek on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled.

Best patch so far!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »
    screenshot040s.jpg

One down, three to go!

Grats. Getting good use out of Missile? I used that spec with Frost Nova instead (well, up until my untimely death... man, wizards feel squishy).

Also I've come to the conclusion that Acts 1 and 2 Hell are a lot harder than A1 Inferno when you have decent 60 gear sitting in the stash that you can't use. Ugh. I'm about ready to barf leveling barb #6 1-58 in six days. I guess I did have the patience after all.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I don't have the internet right now. I can't check my auctions. I have the shakes. I think this game is secretly heroin.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled.*

Best patch so far!

* For everyone except Idx86, who will continue to get fucked by the RNG. :(

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    So this be my wizard, Andy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phender-1108/hero/18950659

I've been able to deck him out with awesome gear by buying low cost weapons with >1000K DPS for basically vendor price(why do people even do that?) and re-listing for massive profits. All of Andy's gear cost roughly 1.2m. Not too shabby.

I really should just stop playing and do my homework.

That's like the most legendaries I've ever seen on a non-60 char.

And about the updated patch notes. The updated legendary drop rate makes sense; I've always felt it was a little bit too low. I'll hold on to my gold for now and wait for prices on all the cool things to drop.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I've been trying to sell off pretty much everything good I have because I completely saw this coming for 1.05. Prices for anything good you have right now are not going to get significantly better after the patch, best to get rid of your good stuff now.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    Chen wrote: »
    screenshot040s.jpg

One down, three to go!

Grats. Getting good use out of Missile? I used that spec with Frost Nova instead (well, up until my untimely death... man, wizards feel squishy).

Also I've come to the conclusion that Acts 1 and 2 Hell are a lot harder than A1 Inferno when you have decent 60 gear sitting in the stash that you can't use. Ugh. I'm about ready to barf leveling barb #6 1-58 in six days. I guess I did have the patience after all.

Lightning Blast / Celestial Orb is my spec against mobs. I switched to Charged Blast / Tap the Source in the Butcher fight, since I didn't want to take the chance of getting enraged. I was juggling between Lightning Blast and Piercing Orb, but since I'm using a 2H mace to maximize Celestial Orb, the delayed casting animation of Piercing Orb doesn't sit well with me. Lightning Blast is much faster in comparison. When 1.05 hits I'm going to switch to Penetrating Blast since it'll then always penetrate and 125% weapon damage > 85%/105% weapon damage.

I like the Wizard in HC. I can usually stand back, let the Templar apply slow, and hit the mobs in a straight line from afar. Vortex can be avoided if you're far enough away, which is really the only mod I'm afraid of together with Teleport. Not sure how well this will work in Act 2 since the monsters there are twice as fast, but if things go dicey I can always Wormhole away, which will usually de-aggro the mobs. I always picked Fracture, but using Wormhole in SC convinced me that the extra mobility can be a lifesaver more often than a few clones would.

I also like the fact that I deal four times more damage than your average Barb stacking on vitality, armor and resistances.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

Hold Alt

Is it actually a DPS increase if you equip it? When you're dual wielding, you alternate between using your mainhand and using your offhand to attack. That's why the DPS stat is an average of the two(with +15% attack speed), and if one weapon is crappy then holding it will lower your DPS.

Alt? Doh! I never tried actually putting the shield on since I would lose the dual wield bonus from passive, at least now I know about Alt.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    So this be my wizard, Andy.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Phender-1108/hero/18950659

I've been able to deck him out with awesome gear by buying low cost weapons with >1000K DPS for basically vendor price(why do people even do that?) and re-listing for massive profits. All of Andy's gear cost roughly 1.2m. Not too shabby.

I really should just stop playing and do my homework.

That's like the most legendaries I've ever seen on a non-60 char.

And about the updated patch notes. The updated legendary drop rate makes sense; I've always felt it was a little bit too low. I'll hold on to my gold for now and wait for prices on all the cool things to drop.

My AH-Fu has increased greatly since last year. Most of those legendaries were under 10k gold. Honestly, the only costly thing was the weapon and I know I'm going to get some mileage out of it.

The increased legendary drop sounds cool. Can't wait and all that.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    It's clear that they're changing their item philosophy with this patch to making drops good without the need for the AH, and not worrying about items being cheap on the AH since Monster Power can still give people a challenge if they choose to use it. I think that's definitely better than what they had before. At this point though I wonder if it would be best to just make rares/legendaries Bind on Equip, maybe after a dozen elite kills or something so you can test out new items. That just gives them more control of item supply all around, and they can keep buffing drops even further if appropriate.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Y'know, Diablo 2 already had stankiness implemented... if you logged into your account, all your characters presumably took a bath. If you went 90 days without (which is super gross), you reached maximum stankiness game over etc.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    As soon as I read the notes I posted my skorn on RMAH, and somehow it sold within half an hour; for $25 more than what I paid for it! Time to ship out these IK pieces now.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    It's clear that they're changing their item philosophy with this patch to making drops good without the need for the AH, and not worrying about items being cheap on the AH since Monster Power can still give people a challenge if they choose to use it. I think that's definitely better than what they had before. At this point though I wonder if it would be best to just make rares/legendaries Bind on Equip, maybe after a dozen elite kills or something so you can test out new items. That just gives them more control of item supply all around, and they can keep buffing drops even further if appropriate.

Seeing how much everyone loved my idea of an 'item degradation' statistic, I'm going to toss out another idea.

Make it so items earn their own experience (or track the number of elite kills, balanced for difficulty) as they are worn / used. Make it so you can take the item to the blacksmith / jeweler and 'upgrade' it for an increasing amount of gold, crafting materials, and / or gems.

The catch being that as you upgrade the item, it becomes bound to your account. You can remove the account binding (along with some or all of the upgrades) by going back to the blacksmith and paying gold, with the cost increasing exponentially the more powerful the item gets.

If the costs increase exponentially and / or approach a limit at the top 'rolled' stat plus some percent, it keeps people from grinding one set of equipment until it's powerful enough to 1-shot everything.

Possibly include a chance at adding random affixes with each / certain upgrades, so you could get some of the cool legendary procs or 7-8-more affix items.

This would make crafting something fun, with more of the 'gambling' element. It would provide a gold sink, since higher upgrades could cost $TEXAS in gold. It would provide an item sink, since the best and most upgraded items are going to be prohibitively expensive to unbind.

It would also give players more choices in gear. Any item could potentially become a BIS item with enough time, so a player that wanted to just grind would know they were working towards something more than getting lucky on the RNG.

This could be implemented universally on all items, or it could be implemented as a new desirable affix. If it was implemented across all items, it wouldn't destroy the AH, because it would make the best items that much more desirable (if you are going to put the time into an item, might as well start as high as possible).

Anyway, just my thoughts on a new mechanic. I doubt Blizzard would go with something like that because balancing would be a bitch, but it's just a thought.

• Options
    BayesianBayesian Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Wow, wizards really took it in the ass this patch. CM nerf, Archon-build nerf, vigoron (why the fuck is this in the game?). Yet ww build is still viable!

I feel bad for all the wizards who tried to make meteor viable.

Bayesian on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Any recommendations on how I should spend this money to upgrade my gear guys

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hootoloot-6754/hero/25418569

So damn stoked

Wait for a couple of weeks after the patch. Then spend it on whatever you want. :P

• Options
    Keep in mind that those are all skills that got buffed in this patch, like Meteor having its delay almost cut in half.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled.*

Best patch so far!

* For everyone except Idx86, who will continue to get fucked by the RNG. :(

you too eh?

still no legendary drops for me

I'm sure looking forward to getting twice that!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    rich wizards can over come coefficient nerfs with more crit chance, apoc, attack speed and max ap

but I mean meteor was already a shitty spell, there was no reason to nerf it

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    They didn't do anything about our shitty passives and I still can't use any channeled spells without getting murdered on higher monster power levels. It's just not a fun class to play in upper difficulties. I mean I made this point in another thread, but all the whining about CM and archon really stems from the fact that outside of those 2 builds wizards are 6/10 on dmg and 3/10 on survivability with seemingly little consideration for scaling. I'm combing through the keep on my brother's shitty barb way faster than my decked out wiz at the moment.

• Options
    Bayesian wrote: »
    They didn't do anything about our shitty passives and I still can't use any channeled spells without getting murdered on higher monster power levels. It's just not a fun class to play in upper difficulties. I mean I made this point in another thread, but all the whining about CM and archon really stems from the fact that outside of those 2 builds wizards are 6/10 on dmg and 3/10 on survivability with seemingly little consideration for scaling. I'm combing through the keep on my brother's shitty barb way faster than my decked out wiz at the moment.

Comparing anything to barbs is inherently needlessly frustrating. Barbs are the best class at the moment, no contest. Compared to the other three classes, wizards seem fine to me.

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The meteor and spectral blades proc nerf really hurts my wizard. If meteor goes, there might not be a future for the tank oriented wizard as I don't think there's anything else that can generate enough crits to keep your defensive skills off of CD and without those defensive skills up, wizards will die if they get hit. Nerfing monster damage won't change that because they also nerfed passive migration for wizard.s I'm a little peeved as I enjoyed the playstyle and structured my gear to enable it. I won't be totally screwed as I'll only really need to replace my helm, shield and boots but I won't be that happy.

In addition, no one will use Meteor if the proc rate is reduced. Arcane Orb is just better for straight damage and doesn't have a delay at all.

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Korror wrote: »
    The meteor and spectral blades proc nerf really hurts my wizard. If meteor goes, there might not be a future for the tank oriented wizard as I don't think there's anything else that can generate enough crits to keep your defensive skills off of CD and without those defensive skills up, wizards will die if they get hit. Nerfing monster damage won't change that because they also nerfed passive migration for wizard.s I'm a little peeved as I enjoyed the playstyle and structured my gear to enable it. I won't be totally screwed as I'll only really need to replace my helm, shield and boots but I won't be that happy.

In addition, no one will use Meteor if the proc rate is reduced. Arcane Orb is just better for straight damage and doesn't have a delay at all.

Maybe the spell needs more buffs, but I think the fact that it was used specifically because of the proc rate is probably the reason they nerfed it. The whole point of coefficients is to balance out procs across many types of skills, not make some of them way better at proccing than others. Spectral Blades already got a bunch of buffs.

If Wizards are overly dependent on Critical Mass, the solution is to nerf it while reducing skill cooldowns. Similar to their solution to the defensive skills.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »

Comparing anything to barbs is inherently needlessly frustrating. Barbs are the best class at the moment, no contest. Compared to the other three classes, wizards seem fine to me.

Rankings are as follows:
    1. Barb
    2(a). WD
    2(b). DH
    2(c). Wizard
    85. Monk

• Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Any recommendations on how I should spend this money to upgrade my gear guys

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hootoloot-6754/hero/25418569

So damn stoked

Yeah I would sit on that money for a bit. Drop rates are about to go critical. Your chest piece looks like an easy upgrade though.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I don't really agree with this at all. I've been using Electrocute/Meteor build for a while now (no Critical Mass, LoH/Leech, or any significant focus on procs at all...actually, well, this is me: us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Graviija-1292/hero/7679356) and I've beaten Diablo and can farm A3 with few problems. I don't know, my gear is by no means amazing, and I always have a good time filling the screen with space rocks and static discharge. It does suck to that Blizzard keeps messing with interesting builds, but I still love playing a wizard.

Graviija on
  • Options
    I'm not going to continue whining about it since Blizz comes around and balances things out eventually.

Kind of wish I could get my off-hand back from the auction house, but I guess that bug is going to be here for a while. Time to level my monk!

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I didn't even see the Storm Chaser nerf.So much for Archon builds. I'm used to it by now so whatever. At least there's the hellring to build around.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Patch 1.0.6 notes:

"You know what, fuck it, all wizard spell coefficents now .02"

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Graviija wrote: »
    I don't really agree with this at all. I've been using Electrocute/Meteor build for a while now (no Critical Mass, LoH/Leech, or any significant focus on procs at all...actually, well, this is me: us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Graviija-1292/hero/7679356) and I've beaten Diablo and can farm A3 with few problems. I don't know, my gear is by no means amazing, and I always have a good time filling the screen with space rocks and static discharge. It does suck to that Blizzard keeps messing with interesting builds, but I still love playing a wizard.
    your build cannot clear higher levels of monster power, ie upper difficulties

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    wizards may be bad but at least we're not monks

this shit is getting annoying though. stop fucking touching stuff that doesn't need to be touched because there is nothing wrong with it.

• Options
    meteor: literally shit and used by no one (yes I ran a meteor kite build, the "intended use" I guess)

then one day CM comes into contact with it

meteor immediately nerfed into the ground :rotate:

they should nerf CM directly instead of destroying all builds even related to meteor

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big warning: you can't cancel buyout only auctions, so be careful what you put up there.

• Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    your build cannot clear higher levels of monster power, ie upper difficulties
    That's fine by me. I can do MP5 and 6 with basically no additional deaths and the bonus MF/EXP. That's already considerably above regular Inferno in difficulty (apparently), and I'm still having fun. Which was my main point.

I realize the context was talking about wizards at probably MP9 or 10, and I can't really argue with that. But I still enjoy myself at decently increased difficulty.

• Options
    Who cares if you can't clear higher levels of monster power? They're terrible for efficiency anyway. I'm going to always keep the MP low enough for my bears to plow through enemies.

• Options
    also, while you can clear mp6, it's not nearly as time efficient as other classes

wizards can clear mp10 but it just will take like two hours

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    meteor: literally shit and used by no one (yes I ran a meteor kite build, the "intended use" I guess)

then one day CM comes into contact with it

meteor immediately nerfed into the ground :rotate:

they should nerf CM directly instead of destroying all builds even related to meteor

They should nerf crit + crit damage interaction. Across every class that is the real interaction problem.

• Options
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Who cares if you can't clear higher levels of monster power? They're terrible for efficiency anyway. I'm going to always keep the MP low enough for my bears to plow through enemies.
    wizards cannot cast zombie bears.

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*