• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    damn jars

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Nevermind all that.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth, it's extremely rare to find a tempest rush/sweeping winds SoJ under 10M. Assuming you're not looking for a budget ring, I'd recommend any of the following to narrow things down:

1. Set a minimum spirit regeneration threshhold. If you're looking for a ring that'll last up into the million billion gold range, you'll need somewhere around 1.8+ regen (ring/amulet/helm all need to combine for 6+ spirit regen). If not, basically any spirit regen ring will work just fine.
    2. Start with newest items. If anyone happened to put a really good ring up for cheaper than it should be, chances are it won't make it to 1D9H remaining unsold.
    3. After that, move to highest buyout and look down the list.

Thanks. That is very helpful. I had previously just been sorting all SOJ's by newest item and then just going through the 1d11h ones to try and find a good monk one. Eliminating all non-monk ones and setting some minimum standards will save a lot of time...

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I bought some pimpin axe putting me at 168k dps with magic weapon

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    jars, check out my build.

168 k dps buffed (with my regular ring)
    750 res all
    1700 life regen
    590 loh (again with regular ring)

solo mp5 (without slowing down too much. some elites can get a bit pesky, but deaths shoulden't occur)
    still usefull in mp 7/8 uber runs.

waiting for res all zuni boots and maybe a new WH to increase survivability.

edit: oh i see my gloves are not loaded properly, so pay no mind to the dps there

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I do MP0 blizzard speed runs right now. I have run blizz/hydra with disintegrate using power of the storm

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I can't do those, too boring.

But i'm farming xp just as fast on mp4 with a hellring and gemhat.

Re: your build. I started out like that, but i have switched to all disintegrate all day. You have to sacrifice some dps on your amulet and helm slot, but to be able to spam it indefinately at 2.3 aps speed is p awesome. I can alsmost permafrost single targets (2 or more are permafrozen, because chaos nexus) , keep crystal shell up for 80% of the time and i only have to hold shift + left click.

I tried the cm/ww build, but it's not as in your face as i like to play, and pretty convoluted.

It took some time and some luck on good drops to acquire the money to make it work, but i'm loving this build and i think people are sleeping on disintegrate like whoah.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    it's not actually that boring when you find yourself wormholed into 30 mobs with no ap because you spent it all on teleport

now I found a witching hour with 229 str and 40 vit. might be my best drop ever, not sure what it's worth yet

Jars on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Lightres Monks (those are thing right?) contain yourselves.

Z6rXI.jpg

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    it's not actually that boring when you find yourself wormholed into 30 mobs with no ap because you spent it all on teleport

now I found a witching hour with 229 str and 40 vit. might be my best drop ever, not sure what it's worth yet

depending on the ias and cc, somewhere between 70 and 300 mil.

don't get fooled by the prices on the AH, that shit ain't moving, or has 270/65 vit rolls with near perfect cd

i tried to sell a sell a semi-BIS withcing hour (178 str, 63 res all, 33 fire res, 8 ias and 49 cd) and it took me three weeks to get 400 mil for it.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    it's only 8/40

• Options
    edited January 2013
    start at 500 and gradually move down each week.

if you're not in a hurry you might get lucky, i remember seeing witching hours (comparable to mine) for 750 mill +

but i'll be damned if i could get mine sold for even 550 buyout, so i guess people need a while to come back to earth when it comes to pricing their good finds.

edit: my build is updated on the ah.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Give that ridiculous WH to me Jars. I will take it off your hands so you do not brimstone it and put it use. :D

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Was hoping to get a quick game in before having to get ready for work tonight... but hey, 1 hr service update that should've been over by now and naturally this will turn into a 12 hr outage or something i'm sure

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is there a general cutoff point people have for what they consider efficient farming where MP level is concerned? I mean, have people figured these numbers out or is this just something that varies player to player?

The reason I ask is because I can farm MP5 or MP6 okay, but I don't know if I'm wasting efficiency by doing so.

Generally, persons measure efficiency in terms of xp per hour, since gold / items per hour can be discerned by inference from that xp per hour stat. Usually, the ideal xp per hour is found in MP0 / MP1 runs of Act 3. The reasons for this are:

- Mob density
    - Mob difficulty

Act 3 is chosen since it has a higher mob density than the other acts. MP0 / MP1 are chosen because they offer minimal mob difficulty. As players level and accumulate better gear, they can increase the MP level at which they farm. The general rule is that one ought to farm at a level where white mobs die in one hit, and elite packs can be quickly cleared with no player deaths resulting.

If you are curious about your own efficiency level, it's very simple to discern. Just have a notepad document handy. When you start a run, type in your starting xp, and the time when you start. When you finish the run, type in the current time and your xp. Then do some subtraction and division to discern your xp per hour, or your xp per minute, or whatever you want the ratio to be.

It isn't necessarily problematic to do MP5 / MP6 runs. If you tack on the Keywarden at the end of your run, you can justify your decreased overall farming efficiency with an appeal to key acquisition. You aren't killing mobs as quickly as you could at MP0, but you're at a 50% or 60% chance of getting a key.

It all depends on what you want to do. If you're racing to Plvl 100? Do MP0 runs. If you want legendaries / rares? Maybe do MP1 - MP3, depending on your dps. If you want keys? Do as high as you can, and only farm elite packs to 5 NV stacks, then do keywarden.

If you just want to derp around? Then do whatever the fuck you find to be enjoyable.

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    I can't do those, too boring.

But i'm farming xp just as fast on mp4 with a hellring and gemhat.

This may be false. We need to make a distinction between:

- I prefer X to Y.
    - X is just as efficient as Y.

I doubt that you're gaining XP "just as fast" on MP4 as Jars is on MP0. At MP4, the mobs have 457% more health, but only give 45% more xp. Unless you're doing godly damage, you're probably accumulating xp at a slower rate than Jars.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    i know the numbers should dictate otherwise, but the difference is negligable.

although i'm comparing to 4 player pub games.

edit: i also rack up insane xp bonuses on white mobs when alone which seem to be less in pub games, because they be stealing my kills.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options

edit: i also rack up insane xp bonuses on white mobs when alone which seem to be less in pub games, because they be stealing my kills.

I thought it went without saying that public games are terribly inefficient cesspools of stupid. Your xp / hour in a private MP0 game ought to differ from your xp / hour in a public game.

Again, it's fine if you don't want to be efficient, and you just want to play how you want to play. It's a game, so you can do that.

My point is that "I prefer X" isn't an argument for the efficiency of X, or the virtue / value / reasonability of doing X. It's just a statement of emotive inclination. And, again, statements of emotive inclination are fine. Just accept that Jars is probably accumulating more xp / hour than you are, and that while the differences may be "negligible", there are still differences.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I should be on tonight if anyone wants to do some UBERS. I think I have 4 machines. and if I ever get any eyeballs I'll be rolling all up in some hellfire rings.

Bless your heart.
  • Options

I thought it went without saying that public games are terribly inefficient cesspools of stupid. Your xp / hour in a private MP0 game ought to differ from your xp / hour in a public game.

Again, it's fine if you don't want to be efficient, and you just want to play how you want to play. It's a game, so you can do that.

My point is that "I prefer X" isn't an argument for the efficiency of X, or the virtue / value / reasonability of doing X. It's just a statement of emotive inclination. And, again, statements of emotive inclination are fine. Just accept that Jars is probably accumulating more xp / hour than you are, and that while the differences may be "negligible", there are still differences.

true.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I have some machines

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I killed the Act 2 Keywarden last night on HCWD without aggroing it. That was pretty awesome, since the Keywardens actually scare me. Granted, it was only on Nightmare, but hey, watching the continuous stream of Splinters darts chugging through the missile dampening shield chip away at a health bar I couldn't see felt good. Take that, game!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Also, can anyone tell me what the argument is on Splinters vs. Flaming Dart?

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I mentioned this a while ago but what I did was pick a DPS number I have to do to feel efficient. I said 55K in a previous post but I've bumped it up to 60K. So in mp2 the mobs have 225% hp so I would need to do 135K dps to feel like I am doing 60K dps in mp0. So ya, higher monster powers are only good if you're doing key farming or you have ridiculous dps. Most people should be doing mp0 or mp1. But if you get enough dps, going to mp2 or higher makes sense.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    I mentioned this a while ago but what I did was pick a DPS number I have to do to feel efficient. I said 55K in a previous post but I've bumped it up to 60K. So in mp2 the mobs have 225% hp so I would need to do 135K dps to feel like I am doing 60K dps in mp0. So ya, higher monster powers are only good if you're doing key farming or you have ridiculous dps. Most people should be doing mp0 or mp1. But if you get enough dps, going to mp2 or higher makes sense.

also how you do your dps if you are doing aoe damage for the most part,, i find i only run a few minutes slower on mp2 vs mp1 (but i do tend to ocd maps for completion and head on down) Im about to drop 6% dps in order to grab a leorics because... fuck paragon lvls they are killing me

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

also how you do your dps if you are doing aoe damage for the most part,, i find i only run a few minutes slower on mp2 vs mp1 (but i do tend to ocd maps for completion and head on down) Im about to drop 6% dps in order to grab a leorics because... fuck paragon lvls they are killing me

Paragon levels are having a similar impact on me. I have been taking a "break" from my barb to work my DH some, and I too am considering a leorics for my barb.

I really hope 1.0.7 has high MP exp addressed so I can enjoy leveling my barb again.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Alas, last night I never had more than 2 people online on my list. Oh well.
    I managed to get my 2nd DH to 60. I'll probably work on my 2nd Monk tonight if the cable company get our upgrade completed.
    I an achievement whore.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Alas, last night I never had more than 2 people online on my list. Oh well.
    I managed to get my 2nd DH to 60. I'll probably work on my 2nd Monk tonight if the cable company get our upgrade completed.
    I an achievement whore.

I haven't played in a while, but if you just need bodies, feel free to msg me if you have steam and I can get online.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I FOUND AN UPGRADE LOL. That doesn't happen very often.

Old amulet:
    228 str
    96 vitality
    7% attack speed
    critical hit damage 61%

new amulet:
    36-67 damage
    118 str
    183 vitality
    critical hit damage 56%
    crit chance 7%

I have been thinking of buying a new amulet and this is great. This is what I wanted except I wanted resist even if it means a bit of sacrifice on vitality and maybe also some damage sacrifice. But it does give 87 more vitality so, that isn't as good as 65+ resist but it's something.

• Options
    I sold some level reduction gloves (I think) last night that had high Gold Find and Pickup Radius for 2.25m
    It blew my mind. The shit wasn't even that good.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Levelling gear can go for ridiculous amounts nowadays.

• Options
    I also got a good level reduction bow that was 1d12h for 600k. It looks like I can turn it over for about 1.5m once I finish using it.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    So I thought 96K dps would be enough to do mp1 but I switched back down to mp0 and I'm noticing I'm killing things quite a bit faster. The benefits are so small increasing mp that I shouldn't feel like I'm killing things slower. Blah, I wish monster power made more sense when trying to acquire loot faster >.<.

edit: So ya that whole post I made earlier needs to be corrected. In mp1 the monsters have 150% hp and having at least 90K dps still isn't enough to feel like everything is being one shotted. God damn how much dps do I need to do mp1 and one day mp2 or higher LOL.

sumwar on
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So I thought 96K dps would be enough to do mp1 but I switched back down to mp0 and I'm noticing I'm killing things quite a bit faster. The benefits are so small increasing mp that I shouldn't feel like I'm killing things slower. Blah, I wish monster power made more sense when trying to acquire loot faster >.<.

It would depend on where you are farming. If you are farming act1, bumping from mp0 to mp1 is a bigger bump than it is compared to act3. In mp0, the mobs in act3 are already lv63, whereas the mobs in act1 are lv61. Bumping from mp0 to mp1 has a much more profound effect as the changes are twofold: the mobs difficulty are changed from lv61 to lv63, then the MP1 bump from MP0 changes are applied. If it were act 3, bumping from MP0 to MP1 has only the effects of that MP discrepancy bump. In short, bumping from MP0 to MP1 in act 1 causes the monsters to get a much higher HP buff than doing it in act 3, as the monsters in act 3 naturally have higher HP to begin with.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HexDex wrote: »
    farbekrieg wrote: »

Paragon levels are having a similar impact on me. I have been taking a "break" from my barb to work my DH some, and I too am considering a leorics for my barb.

I really hope 1.0.7 has high MP exp addressed so I can enjoy leveling my barb again.

I'm struggling with my Barb at the moment too. Despite him being basically movement speed capped, when I logged in last night I was quite shocked by how slow he is. I kept on checking to make sure that I did actually have the increased speed gear on.

Have been utterly ruined by the concentrated sex that is Tempest Rush. Everything else just seems so ridiculously inefficient.

2uenpg3.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    one does not simply stop tempest rushing

• Options
    Break beneath the endless tide

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    So, I haven't been playing this at all since a few months after release. I think I may try to get back into it, but I have no idea what all has changed and what kind of gear I should be keeping an eye out for on my monk. When I was last playing, I found it super hard to stay alive so my gear is very defensive oriented.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lost-1210/hero/6417644

Any suggestions on what type of gear or skill build stuff would be appreciated.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Pretty good gear is super cheap, I'd recommend taking whatever gold you have (even as little as 500k is probably enough) and just replacing everything. Your main goal is going to be getting that DPS number up. You can afford to drop some armor/resistance/health in pursuit of that, but I'd recommend keeping around 500RA, 3500 armor (losing the shield and ditching STI should make this a more modest drop gearwise), and 35k health.

This video might be a good resource to you. Notably, at around 20 minutes in he hits 60 and goes to inferno and puts together a very leanly budgeted monk gear set. There's some solid advice in there that you'll probably find pretty relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-LnAsL2qgDY

As far as how to turn your money into ungodly piles of DPS -- the short of it is that you want crit everywhere. On pieces that can generate crit, you want crit. Beyond that, you want some attack speed and crit damage. On a tight budget, these will be harder to come by, but if you're keen on the market you can usually get 2/3 on eligible pieces at basement level pricing.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    1.0.7 is supposed to be on Public Test Realms "soon".

So far all we know is that it removes the respawn timer.