Options

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't think that would ever work in Borderlands. This game is much too player-centric. Even classes like Mordecai, Roland, and Axton, who have a reliance on external entities for their class specials, they are still very much a shooter class. Having a player who relies almost entirely on their pet would break the experience of the game. Items would become meaningless. If 70% of your damage comes from your pet skagg, the quest for loot becomes meaningless.

Then it would work fine if the pet wasn't supplying 70% damage which there's no reason to even assume it would do. There's plenty of other things it could affect.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Cade wrote: »
    Boooooooooooo

Oh well. Maybe someday we'll get an actual pet class.

Like a Beastmaster class?

One where you might have a Skag who evolves or hell with how this game goes maybe even a midget!

I was thinking that too. Skagcharmer or something.

Or make Handsome Jack Clone a class with skill trees Charmer, Handsomeness, and Snark and it lets your charm different enemy types. Snark could be for psychos.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    kriegs wrote: »
    Gaige has 2 skins: It's Always Sunny On Pandora

And

Streets Ahead

I friggin' love you, Gearbox.

ONLY two or those are among the skins she has?

Gaige starts with 3/14 heads and 19/84 skins.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

And

Streets Ahead

ONLY two or those are among the skins she has?

Gaige starts with 3/14 heads and 19/84 skins.

:^: <3

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Great more Bunk3r farming where he won't drop me shit. I guess I can replace the Sham I gave to curly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got a chuckle out of the Streets Ahead skin. Good stuff.

I am liking Gaige as a character so far, she seems pretty hilarious. Very overenthusiastic.

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Boooooooooooo

One where you might have a Skag who evolves or hell with how this game goes maybe even a midget!

You could feed it guns and items to improve its stats and give it new powers, like the possessed weapons in Darksiders 2. The higher you get, the more you need to feed it purple and orange loot to buff him up.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

And

Streets Ahead

one of her skills is Strength of Five Gorillas. Which is a fuckin Sealab2021 reference. Which makes me happier than you could possibly know.

her skill tree is weird. A lot of solo one-off skills, which I love. I like getting a cool new thing vs improving a thing I already have.

valiance on
  • Options
    Too bad you can't turn Dt into an Adrienne Barbeauxbot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So Gage has a skin called "Cool Cool Cool", too.

And here I thought they couldn't fit in more references even if they tried.

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Anyone else on PC getting an error saying their DLC is corrupt?

• Options
    I am truly sad that I'm not getting any of these references.

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Too bad you can't turn Dt into an Adrienne Barbeauxbot.
    D-Cups. . . FULL OF JUSTICE!!! No machine-gun jumblies, either. . .

• Options

"Cool Cool Cool" and "Streets Ahead" are both jokes from Community.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I approve.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    the Make It Sparkle talent could also be a How I Met Your Mother reference to one of the character's past career as a Canadian pop star.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Having pets that work like Torchlight 2 could be cool. Although there's no real advantage in having them go to town to sell things since there's so many vendors. But having it bring back health and ammo would be nice. Also ammo, health and money should always auto collect no matter where its from. Please god do this already.

• Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    So for those who have already played Gaige this morning, first impressions? Is she good? Is her Deathtrap's AI smart?
    Do you hate accuracy? Then anarchy is for you! Grab a low capacity shotgun and just go to town in things faces and she'll do fine.

Deathtrap seems ok, haven't used him much. Not sure if he'll be able to compensate for the horrible accuracy I'm going to have. Actually, on that subject: What does -175% accuracy mean in game terms (ie: how is it different from -150)?

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I believe it means you will be 175% less accurate.

(Or in other terms, your spread on X gun will be 2.75 times the standard amount)

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    the Make It Sparkle talent could also be a How I Met Your Mother reference to one of the character's past career as a Canadian pop star.

Read the flavor text its a twilight joke.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

You aren't alone.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Anyone have any tips on farming Mick Zaford? I swear that whole group is tougher than Terra and the Warrior. Everytime I zone out of Lynchwood I get instantly dropped to FFYL and all the Zaford grunts have a bajillion hps and hide behind cover until I die. And if I approach in a car from Highlands they can usually blow it up within 4-5 shots, so instaneously...

• Options
    Syrdon wrote: »
    So for those who have already played Gaige this morning, first impressions? Is she good? Is her Deathtrap's AI smart?
    Do you hate accuracy? Then anarchy is for you! Grab a low capacity shotgun and just go to town in things faces and she'll do fine.

Deathtrap seems ok, haven't used him much. Not sure if he'll be able to compensate for the horrible accuracy I'm going to have. Actually, on that subject: What does -175% accuracy mean in game terms (ie: how is it different from -150)?

Just skill Close Enough. It doesn't matter if you miss, because everything will just ricochet off walls and cans and kill your enemies anyways!

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular

The 20% cooler skill is also a FiM reference.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on farming Mick Zaford? I swear that whole group is tougher than Terra and the Warrior. Everytime I zone out of Lynchwood I get instantly dropped to FFYL and all the Zaford grunts have a bajillion hps and hide behind cover until I die. And if I approach in a car from Highlands they can usually blow it up within 4-5 shots, so instaneously...

He's tough, what character are you? Honestly what I tended to do was fresh out of lynchwood I'd drop grenades and rush around the building to the left. That tended to funnel them into my kill zone a lot better.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    ok, you know Axton? It's like that except your turret actively chases them down while you literally giggle like a little girl.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular

The name is a robin sparkles reference, the flavor text is a Twilight knock. Things can be multiple references :D

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Ok so not all of their references are good, I guess they all can't be Kuffs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Lep wrote: »

I am! Maybe we should start a club!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    95% of that show is awful, but the Canada jokes really aren't.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    he's basically powerlevelling me.

while I giggle like a little girl.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Boooooooooooo

I grew attached to Dukino a little bit. Wouldn't mind a pet class with him.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

He's tough, what character are you? Honestly what I tended to do was fresh out of lynchwood I'd drop grenades and rush around the building to the left. That tended to funnel them into my kill zone a lot better.

As Maya, I think I may just have to forgo using my Bee too, but I don't think any shield is gonna save me from that salvo. I'll have to try just running straight out behind the building.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    It's the goddamn apocalypse. All of the things are released right now. All of them.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Try restarting Steam? Steam didn't tell me it had downloaded the DLC, but would give me a Steam Cloud error when I tried to start Borderlands. I restarted and it showed it had downloaded the DLC and had finished, then it started just fine.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Try restarting Steam? Steam didn't tell me it had downloaded the DLC, but would give me a Steam Cloud error when I tried to start Borderlands. I restarted and it showed it had downloaded the DLC and had finished, then it started just fine.

Didn't help, nor did the 2 files it downloaded after validation. Good thing I don't really want the mechromancer, but if this borked the rest of the game I'll be annoyed. They don't want that, do they?!?!

Edit: Is the season pass supposed to be showing up under DLC too? I didn't get it, but there it is. I assume it's from Gaige, but this patch isn't exactly flawless so far. Edit to the edit: Oh, it's just an ad to get it. Game is just ignoring that 500MB patch it seems. Copied the game to a second PC and it wants to download the 500MB patch again too. This patch sucks so far!

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Deathtrap really tears shit up, possibly better than the turret. He also moves like lightning.

• Options
    How do they work Gaige into the story? Is it just exactly the same as every other character or is there some introduction where she gets her own sequence?

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    How do they work Gaige into the story? Is it just exactly the same as every other character or is there some introduction where she gets her own sequence?

There's nothing, she's just there. I think her back story was posted on twitter or youtube.

• Options

Same as before.

4dm3dwuxq302.png