Options

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Lep wrote: »
    Anyone else on PC getting an error saying their DLC is corrupt?

I am! Maybe we should start a club!

Try restarting Steam? Steam didn't tell me it had downloaded the DLC, but would give me a Steam Cloud error when I tried to start Borderlands. I restarted and it showed it had downloaded the DLC and had finished, then it started just fine.

Didn't help, nor did the 2 files it downloaded after validation. Good thing I don't really want the mechromancer, but if this borked the rest of the game I'll be annoyed. They don't want that, do they?!?!

Edit: Is the season pass supposed to be showing up under DLC too? I didn't get it, but there it is. I assume it's from Gaige, but this patch isn't exactly flawless so far.

Well that stinks. I can only think of delete the game content (make sure your saves are secure) and redownload. :(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    How do they work Gaige into the story? Is it just exactly the same as every other character or is there some introduction where she gets her own sequence?

There's nothing, she's just there. I think her back story was posted on twitter or youtube.

I figured as much. I guess it makes sense to have her not stand out, since anyone coming into the game later would wonder why Gaige is the only one with a unique introduction.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Did the patch today nerf the Bee at all? I got it earlier on in the day and I don't want to log off if my shiny broken piece of shit isn't as broken. I didn't get the patch downloaded yet since I was on when it dropped.

butts
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    It seems the new patch doesn't like edited ini files to unlock the BS promotional items. Verifying and leaving it alone after it wipes the change seems to have fixed the issue, just removing the lines after it apparently corrupts stuff doesn't work.

• Options
    inlemurinlemur Registered User regular
    The Anarchy tree seems interesting but impractical due to the way Borderlands 2 is balanced. In Borderlands 1, I like to play Roland with a lot of points in his shotgun and survivability skills by running up into enemy's faces and killing them in a couple shots. You take a lot of damage this way, but Stat and Quick Charge were powerful enough to keep you alive to chain more kills.
    In Borderlands 2, the amount of damage that enemies can dish out feels much higher (especially later in the game and on playthrough 2). I've tried to play Axton similarly, and it just doesn't work. His survivability skills are actually some of the best in the game, but they still aren't good enough to keep up with the massive damage you take by engaging multiple enemies at close range. He works better in the mid-range with more accurate weapons. I don't know how Gaige is going to work; Anarchy seems designed to force you into situations where you are going to eat a ton of damage, but her survivability skills, while decent, don't look strong enough to allow her to handle it.
    A related issue: does anyone else have a problem with skills that are triggered by having low health? They seem useless to me. If I have low health, 80% of the time I'm going down. There are just too many bullets and explosions everywhere to realistically avoid them long enough for these skills to be of any use. And most of my play experience has been with Axton so far, who has great shield and health buffs and regeneration abilities.

XBL - remura
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Someone already said the Bee is aok.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Someone already said the Bee is aok.
    Thanks. When I looked here I had almost three hundred posts that I didn't want to sift through and decided to be lazy because it'd cut down me being a piece of shit time.

butts
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    inlemur wrote: »
    A related issue: does anyone else have a problem with skills that are triggered by having low health? They seem useless to me. If I have low health, 80% of the time I'm going down. There are just too many bullets and explosions everywhere to realistically avoid them long enough for these skills to be of any use. And most of my play experience has been with Axton so far, who has great shield and health buffs and regeneration abilities.

yea, theyre not great. the only upside to sal's Just Got Real damage buff is that its in full effect when youre downed, which makes it a little easier to get a second wind. if you got any boost, even a tiny boost, at full health they would be way better.

• Options
    I think you could probably get a ton of benefit out of them if you didn't take any health regen buffs, because I can't count how many times on my maya she's at low health but full shields.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    playing TVHM without health regen of some kind seems like it would be pretty brutal. its rough enough going into every fight at full health.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I did a full solo run on Maya without too much hardship. I just made sure to get shield regen on kill skills and counted bodies like sheep.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Syrdon wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So for those who have already played Gaige this morning, first impressions? Is she good? Is her Deathtrap's AI smart?
    Do you hate accuracy? Then anarchy is for you! Grab a low capacity shotgun and just go to town in things faces and she'll do fine.

Deathtrap seems ok, haven't used him much. Not sure if he'll be able to compensate for the horrible accuracy I'm going to have. Actually, on that subject: What does -175% accuracy mean in game terms (ie: how is it different from -150)?

Just skill Close Enough. It doesn't matter if you miss, because everything will just ricochet off walls and cans and kill your enemies anyways!

...This somehow did not occur to me. Wow.

E: Going from Maya to Gaige takes some getting used to; it's a really bad idea to just spam your power whenever, and if you accidentally reload early Gaige lets out this massive "nooo" worse than if you'd just died :P

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    I might have to try anarchy for that alone. Does she say it louder than a certain someones revelation about the last area...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Louder and longer :D Maybe it goes on as until your stacks are depleted? I did it at 110, haha.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Awesome.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    I haven't played with a single person online who didn't giggle uncontrollably at that part.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    I believe it means you will be 175% less accurate.

(Or in other terms, your spread on X gun will be 2.75 times the standard amount)
    Ok, that makes some sense. Thanks
    Shen wrote: »
    Syrdon wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    So for those who have already played Gaige this morning, first impressions? Is she good? Is her Deathtrap's AI smart?
    Do you hate accuracy? Then anarchy is for you! Grab a low capacity shotgun and just go to town in things faces and she'll do fine.

Deathtrap seems ok, haven't used him much. Not sure if he'll be able to compensate for the horrible accuracy I'm going to have. Actually, on that subject: What does -175% accuracy mean in game terms (ie: how is it different from -150)?

Just skill Close Enough. It doesn't matter if you miss, because everything will just ricochet off walls and cans and kill your enemies anyways!

...This somehow did not occur to me. Wow.

E: Going from Maya to Gaige takes some getting used to; it's a really bad idea to just spam your power whenever, and if you accidentally reload early Gaige lets out this massive "nooo" worse than if you'd just died :P
    I've been using a 1 round shotgun specifically to avoid that. Works out pretty well if you find one with a low reload reload time. As far as deathtrap goes, he seems to be worth bringing out at the start of every fight, and then keeping him on cooldown until I'm moving between fights. Of course, mostly what he seems to be doing is keeping a few enemies off my back while I deal with the rest, but that's usually what I need anyway. I kinda wish I had a way to get him to charge specific enemies though, so I could use him as cover to run in.

• Options
    chasm wrote: »
    I haven't played with a single person online who didn't giggle uncontrollably at that part.

If someone doesn't like that entire section they are not fucking human.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Whenever I see that red reload flashing and there are no enemies nearby I just empty the clip into the ground to avoid temptation. And it's kinda cool that Deathtrap sticks around even when you go down, I always thought it was a little weird that Phaselock cancelled out on you. I can see Gaige being a lot of fun later on, I always forget that it can take a while before you get some sweet loot.

Gonna try and stay off Moxxi til 2.5, I want a level 50 Bad Touch! I figure the Lascaux will do me fine.

ladi.png
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    inlemur wrote: »

yea, theyre not great. the only upside to sal's Just Got Real damage buff is that its in full effect when youre downed, which makes it a little easier to get a second wind. if you got any boost, even a tiny boost, at full health they would be way better.

I'd argue that Zer0's massive bonus damage to enemies with low life is the worst waste of points ever. I feel like Gearbox is just being mean. 120k damage crits in PT1 at level 30ish on an enemy with slivers of life left. WTF? Where was that 30 seconds ago when I was crying like a baby behind a box waiting for shields and cooldowns to charge?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Zeros execute works out really well for finishing off enemies up close and getting second winds.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Gotta say, Gearbox is DEVILISH when hiding those vault symbols. I thought they were all great big. :-(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just going to point out that rank 5 Close Enough allows missed shots to hit for 50% damage.

And that at only 57 stacks of Anarchy you'll surpass +100% damage, so it won't take long before your ricochet shots will do more damage than direct hits without Anarchy+Close Enough.

And also that with all related skills you can get a total of +700% to damage and -700% accuracy.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    All the level 50 Mechromancers running around make me sad.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Yeah, just ignore them, and enjoy yourself. Might I also suggest playing with forumers?

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    RT800 wrote: »

I can only imagine they just changed their numbers to go there. There is no way they got that high legitimately, which is silly dumb.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    You could probably get pretty close by powerlevelling, but yeah I don't see how you could get all the way to 50 like that.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    There's save editors.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Honestly for me part of the fun of playing a new character is playing the lower level stuff and seeing how they shake out. Just jumping your way up there seems to defeat the purpose.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I wouldn't mind powerlevelling up to like, 10 or so, just so I've got a few points to sink into a tree, but then that still would leave me with having to do the early main quests. That "tutorial" part of the game from level 1-8 or so just really drags on after doing it a couple times.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I was Googling Hit Bit's Bonerlands image when I came across this little gem in that same thread:
    gearbox keeps talking about this "true vault hunter" mode

but i don't think it's gonna be hard enough

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind powerlevelling up to like, 10 or so, just so I've got a few points to sink into a tree, but then that still would leave me with having to do the early main quests. That "tutorial" part of the game from level 1-8 or so just really drags on after doing it a couple times.

It does drag, but if you do powerlevel, thats when you use FISTS!

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Shimshai wrote: »
    I was Googling Hit Bit's Bonerlands image when I came across this little gem in that same thread:

For curly it isn't...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zeros execute works out really well for finishing off enemies up close and getting second winds.

Maybe in PT2 but it was almost always so much overkill it never really helped.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm excited to try out mechromancer, not right away though because I've done the intro entirely too many times. I'm hoping we get story DLC details soon.

• Options
    Yeah for PT2 it really helps. Especially since there are mods that can give you a +5 to it making it 1000% hit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    No trophy for using her action skill? That's a bit disappointing. I notice three trophies added to do with pirate booty though, guess that's the first DLC.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I hope whatever the dlc is affects loot tables and enemies in the main game until you clear its story.

That pissed me off in claptrap. It basically felt like his planet wide invasion was focused on the tri state area that was the hub town and that's it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

i stand by this statement

especially given the sheer number of amazing builds currently out there that aren't dependent on the bee

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    There's save editors.

Where?! :P I'm going to have to try fiddling with Cheat Engine and try and find a working table at this rate.