Options

Borderlands 2: Mechromancer dropping today (Oct. 9)

• Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    Man, Deathtrap really is gloriously broken. He can fly so he just shoots off to kill anything he sees without worrying about trifling obstacles like stairs or walls or yawning chasms.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Stairs?! I can't climb up stairs

• Options
    Poor claptrap, his product line should've been created by Gaige. Incidentally, DT can also trash badasses quite nicely.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Just reading descriptions was going well, but I tried to think about builds and I think my brain is broken.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    HooverFan wrote: »
    preacher, looks like it's just you and me who haven't played Gaige yet... so let me know when you get started and we'll go at it together since nobody else could stand to wait...

Are you on the PC? I'm stuck here for another god damn hour...

same name on Steam as here

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I can't wait to play with Gaige. Was thinking Middle tree but then so was everyone yesterday... YOU COPYING DICKS!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    preacher, looks like it's just you and me who haven't played Gaige yet... so let me know when you get started and we'll go at it together since nobody else could stand to wait...

Are you on the PC? I'm stuck here for another god damn hour...

same name on Steam as here

Ok I'll add you when I get home, so if you have a new add it'll probably be me. Well me or some dickhole who added me to beg for my TF2 items. If you are reading this you begger, YOU WILL NEVER GET THEM!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I'm thinking 23-11-11 right now. But there are some flexible points, there. 22-12-11 or whatever.

PLA on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    On that note I feel like the "BFF tree is for bads" thing was blown WAAAAY the fuck out of proportion.

It's her survivability tree, just about all of them have one.

• Options
    Her base-cooldown is huge. BFF for the victory.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    BFF looks awesome.

though so does sparkle happy time. its a tough call but i imagine it would depend on how many good elementals you find

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Does it account for weapon-damage, or could you just feed him a trash-gun of the right element?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So, I'm on 360 and I see a Season Pass? Which apparently unlocks Gaige "when she's available"? But no Mechromancer specific DLC, unless that's it?

It's 800 points.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Wow. So this update for the Xbox is pretty properly fucked at the moment. When you go to download the Compatibility Pack from Xbox Live you're told that it costs -1 MS point, but purchasing it requires 435146551354 MS points.

Would be funny if I didn't want to play this new class so badly.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Wow. So this update for the Xbox is pretty properly fucked at the moment. When you go to download the Compatibility Pack from Xbox Live you're told that it costs -1 MS point, but purchasing it requires 435146551354 MS points.

Yeah same deal here.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    Her base-cooldown is huge. BFF for the victory.

True, but the length of time DT stays out murdering everything around you is also huge, he's been alive for a good 15+ seconds still after tearing bandits apart. I'm a bit overlevelled currently so I'm not really sure what sort of health he has, he certainly hasn't had any survivability problems though, even against two badasses at once.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If it's anything like Axton's turret, it has far more HP than you do.

• Options
    Oh definitely, he can sit in the middle of a dozen bandits all shooting the crap out of him without flinching currently (I'm a few levels higher than them though).

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular

So you are referring to the 3MB patch plus the Mechromancer download or is this something else? I logged in this morning, was prompted to update the game, then saw a notification that Gaige was available so I went to the DLC tab and got her. Everything seemed to be fine...I have the Premier Club though, is this the update for people that didn't pre-order that is all jacked up right now?

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »

So you are referring to the 3MB patch plus the Mechromancer download or is this something else? I logged in this morning, was prompted to update the game, then saw a notification that Gaige was available so I went to the DLC tab and got her. Everything seemed to be fine...I have the Premier Club though, is this the update for people that didn't pre-order that is all jacked up right now?

This seems to be a very recent (say within the last couple of hours) issue, according to what I've been reading. I just came home and tried to download it and encountered this problem. The patch itself (the one I was prompted to download just as the game booted up) went through fine, but the compatibility pack itself (apparently an additional piece of data required to make the new class and such work) is all hosed. I'm in the premiere club as well but I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Still not fixed as of now - I expect they're trying to push something through MS's notoriously glacial-paced XBL approval process.

• Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Hmm, that's strange. I played all the way up to Liarsburg with her this morning. I wonder what happened.

• Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    I came here too see if the xbox version was too badly busted to risk a download. I think I will be skipping the download for a while.

Thanks for the recon, gang.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    god. damn. it.

skullmasher as the item of the day in a sanctuary vendor on my mechromancer game. it costs four times as much as I have.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Deathtrap is awesome.

He's basically the protection you wish you had in school, any enemy around? He'll go right at them with a vengeance viciously.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So basically I shouldn't turn my Xbox on yet ?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Deathtrap is awesome.

He's basically the protection you wish you had in school, any enemy around? He'll go right at them with a vengeance viciously.

yea, though his killing machineness compensates for your lack of any sort of health/damage

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So PT2.5 was kicking my ass as Maya, and then I respecced to include 5/5 in Ward and Inertia, and found a class mod that gives me a total of 10/5 in Ward. It is suddenly playable again, wooo!

• Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Deathtrap is awesome.

Seriously, at Level 7/8 he destroyed
    Boom & Bewm, Captain Flynt and Midge-Mong
    before I could start doing anything. And I completed all the boss's specific challenges in one go too.

mts wrote: »
    yea, though his killing machineness compensates for your lack of any sort of health/damage

Well that 1 point in Anarchy + a two shot Jacobs shotgun + Deathtrap was getting me to 50+ anarchy really easy.

Really powerful when I was actually able to hit anybody. And Gaige was commenting "Well who needs accuracy anyway" too :lol:

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    mts wrote: »
    Deathtrap is awesome.

I find the height thing kinda throws me off and yeah Gaige seems quite fragile compared to the other VH's, for one I tend to die if not using the bot a lot at first.

Seriously, at Level 7/8 he destroyed
    Boom & Bewm, Captain Flynt and Midge-Mong
    before I could start doing anything. And I completed all the boss's specific challenges in one go too.

Really powerful when I was actually able to hit anybody. And Gaige was commenting "Well who needs accuracy anyway" too :lol:

Heh, I was pretty much the same more or less.

Though the bot did go down pretty quick when two badasses met him.

Cade on
  • Options
    PS seems the first DLC content will be out soon.

Spoiler stuff.

But basically new weapons, more head, new rarity level (maybe), bosses etc.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I am scared to play because if my BA rank and skins and such get reset, I'd probably just never want to play again

I know it's mostly a cosmetic issue, but it's still stuff that I've worked to achieve, and losing it would be ultra frustrating

This sucks

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    soryuurengazansoryuurengazan Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Is anyone else having problems with Anarchy?
    Whenever i am using anything other than a shotgun,even if i empty my magazine before reloading
    THE FUCKING ANARCHY BUFF DISAPPEARS
    WHAT
    I was able to get it to 150 using a 1 shot shotgun tough
    Edit:i also had a horrible freeze,basically i was playing online,i had like 1 bar left for 16,then i suddenly decide to leave the game,the game got stuck at the saving screen that always appears when you leave as game,i had to go back to Playstation home because it wouldn't unlock,thankfully i didn't lose my save,but i got back to level 14,despite the fact that i saved excessively while in that game
    (insert rant here)

soryuurengazan on
    PSN:CuyoSentinel
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Whenever i am using anything other than a shotgun,even if i empty my magazine before reloading
    WHAT
    Edit:i also had a horrible freeze,basically i was playing online,i had like 1 bar left for 16,then i suddenly decide to leave the game,the game got stuck at the saving screen that always appears when you leave as game,i had to go back to Playstation home because it wouldn't unlock,thankfully i didn't lose my save,but i got back to level 14,despite the fact that i saved excessively while in that game
    (insert rant here)

I had that issue with Anarchy while playing co-op. Didn't seem to happen when I tested it singleplayer, but I didn't play singleplayer very long.

Now I am having another problem, namely, having my DLC removed from my Steam account retroactively because someone made a mistake and decided to punish people for it instead of owning up to it. When the Mechromancer first went live on Steam, the store page said that you did not need to purchase it if you preordered or if you bought the season pass. Well, since I got the game from Nvidia I did not get the Premier Club preorder bonuses, so, I bought the season pass. Made my Mechromancer this morning and was having a good time. Came back this evening and boot it up and get told my save is incompatible because it used DLC that I did not own. Checked my DLC and the Premier Club was no longer listed as it was earlier in the day, and the store page for the Mechromancer was changed to no longer mention the season pass.

So yeah, if a retail store prints a sales advertisement promoting a free product with purchase of another product, and you buy it. When it turns out the sales ad was a mistake and that was not intended, are they going to break into my house and take back the free item? Of course not. But somehow companies seem to think this is acceptable when dealing with digital content.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    On that note I feel like the "BFF tree is for bads" thing was blown WAAAAY the fuck out of proportion.

It's her survivability tree, just about all of them have one.

Even the skill that was advertised as for bads isn't even just for bads, you need that Close Enough to make Anarchy really work well, and it sounds fun as hell on its own to boot.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    So in other words BFF was well designed.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Of course they do. They're already ripping you off with digital content to start with, not surprising the mentality carries over. Hopefully they sort that crap out, but probably wont.

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    WHAT
    (insert rant here)

I had that issue with Anarchy while playing co-op. Didn't seem to happen when I tested it singleplayer, but I didn't play singleplayer very long.

Now I am having another problem, namely, having my DLC removed from my Steam account retroactively because someone made a mistake and decided to punish people for it instead of owning up to it. When the Mechromancer first went live on Steam, the store page said that you did not need to purchase it if you preordered or if you bought the season pass. Well, since I got the game from Nvidia I did not get the Premier Club preorder bonuses, so, I bought the season pass. Made my Mechromancer this morning and was having a good time. Came back this evening and boot it up and get told my save is incompatible because it used DLC that I did not own. Checked my DLC and the Premier Club was no longer listed as it was earlier in the day, and the store page for the Mechromancer was changed to no longer mention the season pass.

So yeah, if a retail store prints a sales advertisement promoting a free product with purchase of another product, and you buy it. When it turns out the sales ad was a mistake and that was not intended, are they going to break into my house and take back the free item? Of course not. But somehow companies seem to think this is acceptable when dealing with digital content.

Yeah, that's pretty shitty of them.

I'd kick up a fuss on the Gearbox forums, this probably happened to a lot of other people and making some noise there or maybe on Reddit is most likely your best chance to get it turned around.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    A9355E2EBF475C7A7CED8022BCA61A0BFBD74431
    Teehee.

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So steam is downloading the DLC. Again. After having verified the integrity of my local files. Again.

Everytime I think I'm ok with Steam shit like this happens and I start to loathe it again.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I can't see playing Gaige without 5/0/1, just too much bang for your buck. I'll be going some variant of 2x/0/2x depending on how well Deathtrap scales, though of course class mods will probably mix that up a fair bit.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png