So, this time next month I'm going to be living in another country. I have about three and a half weeks to get my shit organised and get the hell out of here. Normally I just sell or throw out everything and skedaddle but this time I've got to do it properly - I have quotes from three shipping and storage companies, and a to-do list as long as my arm, which is freaking me the hell out! A small sample:
- getting a new renter for my apartment rooms
- deregistering at the citizen's bureau
- fighting tooth and nail to get my internet and phone companies to let me off their grasping tentacles
- desoldering and salvaging anything useful out of the towering pile of electronics junk I call my office
- passing off ongoing projects to suitable people
- finishing old, overdue investigations that will never see the light of day if I don't do something about them now
- selling unwanted furniture and household items
- organising farewell drinks
- learning an entirely new research field in less than a month
- and, of course, packing.
Talk me through this, SE. Tell me about your moving experiences.