As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phalla] Of The Bulge - 0900 Hrs - US GI VICTORY & The Anonymous Neutral Victory!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I could never fully trust a man who won't even tell me his name in a time of war.

The Anonymous

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Just rode my bike to work. Uggggggggh my legs.
    On the plus side, I didn't see any nazis! And there was a nice breeze :D

• Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Didn't see any on my way in either, though I have my suspicions of them hiding in the copier... Evil machines they are

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    TRV...you ask too many questions.

;P

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    </3
    That's my heart
    but it's broken

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Burnnnn

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I shouldn't have gone for that walk/jog yesterday. Blurg.
    Now the nazis are gonna get me :(

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I am a special hiding right underneath TRV's post. Pay no notice to me...

• Options
    Kime never sent me a message :(

That means he's a liar.

Everyone knows liars are mafia.

Like Kime

• Options
    Oh my god, I can read subtext now!

REAL TALK:
    I am vanilla. If anyone needs a mouthpiece or whatever, check me out tonight, and get in touch with me afterwards! We can work together for great justice!

• Options
    For those of us playing the home game:

ObiFett: 4
    Trueneverborn: 4
    Kime: 3
    MegaFrost: 2
    TRV: 2
    Assuran: 1
    Baidol: 1
    Ketbra: 1
    Kilnaga: 1
    Premium: 1
    The Anonymous: 1

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Oh my god, I can read subtext now!

REAL TALK:
    I am vanilla. If anyone needs a mouthpiece or whatever, check me out tonight, and get in touch with me afterwards! We can work together for great justice!
    Yes, because that makes you seem innocent...

Steam profile
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    REAL TALK:
    But ... what purpose does that serve the platoon?

FIND NAZIS

KILL NAZIS!

• Options
    @Kime, I SAID real talk! Nothing after that point is allowed to be lies. Something a real GI should know!
    And @Alegis, if people need a voice, I am willing to provide one.

You've all gotten a PM from me already, and you should all feel free to share whatever you're comfortable sharing with me. I provide the promise of honesty, and if you want, anonymity. Unless I find out you're mafia. Then all bets are off.

But yeah, some people don't find me trustworthy for whatever reason. Whatevs. I'm here, I've said my thing, and you can all do with it what you will

• Options
    But yeah, some people don't find me trustworthy for whatever reason.

Because you've given no reason for people to trust you. Anyone could say whetever you said or asked.

unless the others did get some sweet secret juicy info from you which I did not ... WHY? IS IT MY EYES? THE WAY I TALK? WHY ME?

• Options
    I ain't never lied to nobody in one of these things. I've worded things carefully on occasion to obscure the truth, but this is not one of those cases.

I got no PM. Therefore, I am the vanilla-est of villagers. Tied for vanilla-est, I guess

• Options
    The trick with "not lying," TRV, is that IF you keep up the tradition, then you can't say things like what you just did. Cause guess what I'm going to do if I have a kill and you don't say that in any future game now?

Steam profile
  • Options
    See, there's a difference between lying and just not saying everything. So I can just not tell you things and.. aww man. :(
    Oh well. I've said it before, and managed to live a few times.

• Options
    Either way, it's a weird way to 'start' Hour 1. Gives our Seer a target for the day instead of someone random, and a guard (if we have one) someone to target as well. Could be the beginnings of Village sweep, or a Kamakazi run at Pearl Harbor. Either way can't say I disagree with the entire thing. If TRV survives I'll be following him as network head. :P I'm at least more comfortable with a TRV network then a Kime network.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Interesting that Obi is suddenly a contender for vote lead. Very interesting.

• Options
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Interesting that Obi is suddenly a contender for vote lead. Very interesting.

To be fair, he had some amazing vig shots last game, I have a feeling he expected as much.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Seer someone you suspect to be just a vanillager just to have a mouthpiece for a network is a bad bad plan in my opinion.

Try to find nazis should be the first and foremost objective. Vanillagers you find as an 'unfortunate side-effect' of trying to find the nazis become the mouthpiece. Otherwise you're just wasting the seerings.

• Options
    Either way, it's a weird way to 'start' Hour 1. Gives our Seer a target for the day instead of someone random, and a guard (if we have one) someone to target as well. Could be the beginnings of Village sweep, or a Kamakazi run at Pearl Harbor. Either way can't say I disagree with the entire thing. If TRV survives I'll be following him as network head. :P I'm at least more comfortable with a TRV network then a Kime network.

Weeeelp now you've killed me. You've invoked kime's wrath. His terrible, bender-y wrath

• Options
    edited September 2012

I'm actually with Kime on this one. It's one of those things that shows up like a massive red flag when you have to play as mafia. TRV hasn't been mafia since he started doing it, so it hasn't killed him yet. On the other hand, it's something I generally try not to encourage.

SaberOverEasy on
  • Options

If I am close to winning the vote, you may force me to take action, and then you'd have us both! :D
    Alegis wrote: »
    Seer someone you suspect to be just a vanillager just to have a mouthpiece for a network is a bad bad plan in my opinion.

Try to find nazis should be the first and foremost objective. Vanillagers you find as an 'unfortunate side-effect' of trying to find the nazis become the mouthpiece. Otherwise you're just wasting the seerings.

I think I agree with that. Unfortunately, probably should seer TRV anyways, since he's going to start getting people to trust him? Having someone unknown with information and power is not ideal.

Steam profile
  • Options
    @Kime: A TRV/Kime Network ... Something just seems Evil and amazing all at the same time.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Kime: A TRV/Kime Network ... Something just seems Evil and amazing all at the same time.

The last time that happened one of them was a smuggler with a heart of gold and the other was an evil sith assassin who lost his powers.

They fought crime.

• Options
    I wasn't saying that people HAD to seer me or anything!
    I'm just proposing it as an option. Although I guess it's an option for everyone, and I wasted words suggesting it.
    Oh well, whatever.
    ANYWAY, I dislike day 1 because nobody knows what the shit is going on. So that's... something.
    Anyone have theories they'd like to share?

• Options
    Anyone have theories they'd like to share?

Whenever someone says this I think of the "I have a theory" song from the Buffy musical.

Yes, I'm that much of a nerd.

• Options
    ObiFett: 4
    Trueneverborn: 4
    Kime: 4
    MegaFrost: 2
    TRV: 2
    Assuran: 1
    Baidol: 1
    Ketbra: 1
    Kilnaga: 1
    Premium: 1
    The Anonymous: 1

@TRV: For someone who voted for himself to be able to swing the vote and take down Obifett or Kime (assuming the votes stay where they are) I'm trying really hard not to vote on Kime just out of plan instinct. And Obifett was Mafia last game, what are the odds twice in a row?

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Very good, I think.

Yes, trust me on this

Steam profile
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    My Dearest Rose,

If you are reading this then I have been killed in action. As I write this letter, we find our position flanked on all sides by the enemy. Our orders are
    [REDACTED] but I doubt any of us will survive that long. The looks of terror I see in the eyes of my fellow soldiers, even the Captain, are infectious. We all know. None of us will make it out of here alive.

Yet, despite the inevitable horror that awaits us in the coming hours, I cannot stop thinking about the last letter I received from you. I hope that you are well, but I know there is nothing I can do to help. In truth, my fears for your safety and my fears of this war have collided, and left me numb. I worry for your health, mental and physical. The way your letter trailed off at the end, the talk of strange men following you, the queer language you repeated; I hope your sister is still able to visit you in December, you could use some companionship it would seem.

I have asked several people, Europeans and Americans alike, if any could read the message you wrote, but no one could even identify the language. Most thought it was gibberish and that I was insulting their heritage, which led to more than a few confrontations. One man,
    Private Kime, has been particularly short with me. My inquiries have earned me a great deal of mistrust, and ever since [REDACTED] I have no friends left. You are my only outlet, my only companion, and yet you are thousands of miles away and are also suffering, in your own way. Now with the talk of [REDACTED] in our own ranks I feel even more alienated than ever.

My watch shift is about to start, so I'll leave this letter short. I will continue to write to you as long as I live and am able.

Be Safe.

PFC T. Dagon.

Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Odds of being mafia twice in a row, assuming 20% distribution: 4%
    My brother was mafia like FIVE times in a row. I shit you now. Odds of that? .032%

• Options

For someone who voted for himself to be able to swing the vote and take down Obifett or Kime (assuming the votes stay where they are) I'm trying really hard not to vote on Kime just out of plan instinct. And Obifett was Mafia last game, what are the odds twice in a row?

Still just 20% that he's mafia this game.

Which means there should be a decent chance of one of the three tied players being mafia.

Which of course means that none of them are.

• Options

For someone who voted for himself to be able to swing the vote and take down Obifett or Kime (assuming the votes stay where they are) I'm trying really hard not to vote on Kime just out of plan instinct. And Obifett was Mafia last game, what are the odds twice in a row?

Which means there should be a decent chance of one of the three tied players being mafia.

15%?

• Options

15%?

I'm fairly sure that's not right. The chance of any one of them being mafia is 20%. The chance of one of those three being mafia should be higher.

• Options
    Odds of being mafia twice in a row, assuming 20% distribution: 4%
    My brother was mafia like FIVE times in a row. I shit you now. Odds of that? .032%

You were just kidding, right?

Steam profile
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »

This. This so much. Don't seer TRV, that's silly. You're not looking for a network head at this point, you'll find one anyway (unless you have perfect aim) and nobody should trust TRV or consider him so

If TRV is village, then meh, the specials contacted him blindly and that's bad and the seer didn't learn anything
    If TRV is mafia, then ahahahaha game over, the seer can out him... by outing himself! Or the specials will contact him, so either way we have a neutered village

Called vig is a waaaay better course of action