[iPhone/iPod/iPad] Thread - The headphone jack is going to be on the bottom! *POW*

1686970717274»

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Lame. Figured since that's helped when my phones or whatnot get the same way... Good luck with it.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    you could maybe try a factory reset of the, watch, on the hope it's the OS that is out of alignment and not the battery itself.

After that, yeah it's probably a battery going bad.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Did a factory reset, so let's see how that goes.

Says 100% battery directly after the reset though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    iOS 14 public beta is out, installing it on my old iPhone SE now.

Honestly impressed that it's available on a device that old.

Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    htmDescendant X
  • Descendant XDescendant X Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Do any of you happen to know of some decent replacement ear tips for AirPods Pro? I would like your recommendations.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • wanderingwandering Registered User regular
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    Do any of you happen to know of some decent replacement ear tips for AirPods Pro? I would like your recommendations.

You can order replacements from Apple. If you’re looking for non-Apple tips, I’ve no specific recommendations, but an Amazon search turns up quite a few possibilities.

comply foam makes tips for the Airpods pro now, they're usually one of the go to's for 3rd party replacement tips.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy RESIST. ಠ_ಠRegistered User regular
    So what option do I need to turn off in macOS to get it to stop randomly inserting periods into my sentences when it thinks I'm done with the sentence?

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    So what option do I need to turn off in macOS to get it to stop randomly inserting periods into my sentences when it thinks I'm done with the sentence?

System Prefs->Keyboard->Text->Add Period with double-space

thatassemblyguy
    anyone running the beta of iPad OS 14 on an iPad? I’ve been debating throwing it on my 2019 Air but if it’s super buggy I don’t want to deal.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    You're generally fine after about beta 2-3. Depends on your willingness to risk a "nuke it and restore from iCloud" scenario. That's for dev betas; public betas I wouldn't worry too much about in general.

• EchoEcho Moderator mod
    I'm running it on my iPad Pro that I finally goddamn got, btw.

Only issue so far has been a soft crash when I try to add the battery widget - it freezes for a second and then I'm back at the lock screen.

• EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a gamepad that speaks bluetooth? Turned out my old Xbox gamepad won't work over USB with the iPad. :<

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Current Xbox One controllers have Bluetooth

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    CFN: RoboWizard
    wunderbarSynthesis
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

yes - get a modern xbox one controller, or use a PS4 controller.

those are the two best controllers for the iPad, and it honestly depends on how you like your thumbsticks oriented and your preference on swappable batteries.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Xbawks it is then. Thanks for the tips.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Look for the controller with the "one piece" shell (they also say BT on the box, but you know). The original controllers had a separate piece of (semi-transparent) plastic on the shell that included the glowing guide button (related to Kinect functionality, there are DS4-style lights under it). The second generation controllers onward have a single piece of plastic for the shell, excluding the edge with the shoulder buttons, that includes the guide button.

Though considering it's only the original model (and the original Elite Controller) that have this, if you grabbed a new Xbox controller at random, it'd almost certainly have BT capability. The original models are a lot less common now.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    An easier way to tell them apart is that the models wthout Bluetooth are named "Xbox One Wireless Controllers" while the models with Bluetooth are the "Xbox Wireless Controller"

But realistically, unless you're buying from somewhere sketch, or a brick and mortar store that has super old stock, or buying used, the odds of it being a controller that doesn't support bluetooth are pretty slim. The bluetooth models were introduced in 2016

a5ehren