Options

Dragon Age Thread - Bring your boxing gloves!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    The final fight of DA2 is actually really awesome, and it's really cool seeing who is standing by your side in the final battle.

FUN FACT: Aveline doesn't/didn't get stunned during the excessively long speeches, and once killed the final boss while everyone else was incapacitated. It was pretty great.

Truth: Aveline Vallen is strong enough to crush even plot armor.

There's actually a patch note about her not being stunned during that fight is not a bug, but a feature.

A feature of her passive tree.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The final fight of DA2 is actually really awesome, and it's really cool seeing who is standing by your side in the final battle.

FUN FACT: Aveline doesn't/didn't get stunned during the excessively long speeches, and once killed the final boss while everyone else was incapacitated. It was pretty great.

There's actually a patch note about her not being stunned during that fight is not a bug, but a feature.

When they say Indomitable, they mean it.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Aveline is the best, as per usual.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Credits rolling

I take it this doesn't have an Origins-style "where are they now" thing eh

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Nope. Seeing as how most of those were ignored anyway for DA2, it's for the best.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Credits rolling

I take it this doesn't have an Origins-style "where are they now" thing eh

Nope, it's pretty vague and only has Varric's ending talk with Cassandra.

So hey, Wyborn. Thoughts on the game overall? Strengths/weaknesses/joyous praise/damning condemnations?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    All right.

Dragon Age 2 was a pretty fun game.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man i want DA3

or more DA2 really

more sarcastic hawke

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I'm still sad that further DLC or the Awakening like expansion (I don't quite remember which term was used exactly) was canceled. Definitely looking forward to seeing what DA3 brings to the table though.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    If Val Royeaux is anything like how Leilanna made it sound then Inquisition will be a visual feast.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    You were my one healer you unbelievable piece of shit

You were my one healer

*stab*

Yes!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    how do you play as sarcastic hawke?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    By choosing the sarcastic response

always

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Elendil wrote: »
    man i want DA3

I'm sort of terrified that BW is going to canonize something really stupid before DA3. They're certainly not afraid of doing stuff like that: if the wiki is right, then Alistair being King is already canon, due to some comic books.

DA2 wasn't really a critical success, and probably not a big financial success (hence the cancellation of "The Exalted March" DLC), and it generated huge nerd rage across the intertubes. Thus, I fear BW will want to wash their hands of it so that they can say "DA3 is awesomely better and we're never ever going to do all those stupid things we did in DA2 ever again, we promise!". And then, four to six months before DA3 ships, Hawke meets an ignominious end in a four-part Dark Horse comic book series or a William C. Dietz novel.

htm on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Aegeri wrote: »
    If only there was the entirely valid option to choose neither group of idiots.

If only.

But you did the right thing Wyborn. You did the right thing.

Edit: By murder knifing Anders that is, there is no right choice between the other idiots.

Theres totally a better option.
    Side with templars, and if you're rivalry/friendship is high enough then anders comes along and it apparently REALLY pisses off Justice (but fuck justice the thing is basically a demon at this point)

Gaddez on
  • Options
    See

doing that would mean letting Anders live

I would do anything for love

but I won't do that

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    See

but I won't do that
    on the other hand
    letting anders live motivates sebastian to commit Suicide By Hawke

i have left anders alive for this very reason before

• Options
    I don't have Sebastian, so that holds no water with me

• Options
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    I'm still sad that further DLC or the Awakening like expansion (I don't quite remember which term was used exactly) was canceled. Definitely looking forward to seeing what DA3 brings to the table though.
    htm wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    man i want DA3

I'm sort of terrified that BW is going to canonize something really stupid before DA3. They're certainly not afraid of doing stuff like that: if the wiki is right, then Alistair being King is already canon, due to some comic books.

DA2 wasn't really a critical success, and probably not a big financial success (hence the cancellation of "The Exalted March" DLC), and it generated huge nerd rage across the intertubes. Thus, I fear BW will want to wash their hands of it so that they can say "DA3 is awesomely better and we're never ever going to do all those stupid things we did in DA2 ever again, we promise!". And then, four to six months before DA3 ships, Hawke meets an ignominious end in a four-part Dark Horse comic book series or a William C. Dietz novel.

DA2 did pretty well critically, a 79 on Metacritic really isn't that bad, DA:O was only at 86 and Awakening only pulled 80. Financially, the thing sold like hotcakes. Nerd rage, well, Bioware is really, really, really used to that, and the backlash was substantially less than ME3's. I don't think you need to worry about anything insane like that happening.

All the official talk I've heard from Bioware about DA2 has focused on the gameplay things that DA2 did wrong, like the waves, repeated maps, and inflexible follower armor. They seem pretty dedicated to going along the story path DA2 set up, and I don't see that they need to canonize anything in the near future, DA2 left basically everything wide open for vague follow-ups in sequel games.

• Options
    I picked the mage ending the first time. There is still lingering rage there.

Worst. Option. Ever.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    See

but I won't do that
    But if you do that, he insinuates that he's going to kill himself after it's over.

So it's win-win, really.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Wyborn has been kidnapped by Mild Confusion and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I dabble in CARTOGRAPHY
    A virtual type of fun
    But when I finish doing that
    I trot off with my GUN
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    hm. kind of getting the urge to do a rogue playthrough instead of a warrior playthrough. a bad urge when you're already halfway through the game.

thankfully, well over a year ago i happened to create a pre-Act 3 backup save on of my rogues, and it's set up just the way i like it.

seamless transition, here i come

Elendil on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Geth wrote: »
    Wyborn has been kidnapped by Mild Confusion and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!<br />
    <br />
    I dabble in CARTOGRAPHY <br />
    A virtual type of fun <br />
    But when I finish doing that <br />
    I trot off with my GUN <br />
    Which forumer am I?

Who is @Interrobang, Geth?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Orca has been kidnapped by Wyborn and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

What do you call one mod yelling in a cave?
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I know the answer to Wyborn's riddle! Too bad I'm a kidnapper myself so I can't do any rescues.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Orca has been kidnapped by Wyborn and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!<br />
    <br />
    What do you call one mod yelling in a cave?<br />
    Which forumer am I?

Answer is Echo.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Orca has been kidnapped by Wyborn and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!<br />
    <br />
    Which forumer am I?

Geth, is it @Echo ?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Orca has been rescued by chiasaur11.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    <br />
    Which forumer am I?

Geth, is it @Echo ?

You can't save people. The way to save people is by clicking rescue, which neither of us have access to thanks to being filthy kidnappers.

• Options
    Oh you also can't rescue if you're kidnapped, Chiasaur. :bz

• Options
    Ah, didn't know that.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Just did, sweet cheeks.

Don't ask how I did it. Let's just say I have friends in low places.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Just did, sweet cheeks.

Well you can rescue if you've been rescued yourself.

I meant if you were still kidnapped you couldn't rescue.

• Options

Just did, sweet cheeks.

Oh, fine. If you want to be all technical about it.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    EDIT: fucking wrong thread

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular

Just did, sweet cheeks.

The bandit mask works pretty well on Garrus, I must say.

Also, count me in on the DA3 hype train. For all the mechanical issues I had with DA2, I think it was a step in the right direction as far as inter party banter and setting-as-a-character go. Also Snark Hawke.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Garrus has always been a bandit

of my heart

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Also, count me in on the DA3 hype train. For all the mechanical issues I had with DA2, I think it was a step in the right direction as far as inter party banter and setting-as-a-character go. Also Snark Hawke.

I'm not sure I agree that Kirkwall was a character. I mean, OK, yes, the look of the place was very closed in and oppressive and all the public artwork seemed to be either symbols of authority or people clutching their heads as they scream in terror. So yeah, Kirkwall was designed as a not very happy place, reinforcing the themes of everything being terrible.

On the other hand, they don't really do anything with it beyond that. The city itself does not seem to be this great, faceless, oppressive force. Instead Kirkwall's just kind of a dull place with some creepy artwork that's only terrible because it's run exclusively by assholes. And the Viscount.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Compared to Origins though?

I can't remember the name of the human city in DA:O without looking it up.

EDIT: Actually it came to me right as I posted that. Denerim. But still, took me a bit.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D