Options

Dragon Age Thread - Bring your boxing gloves!

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Red Cliff too.

There is a difference in the setting of the overall story.

DA2's setting is Kirwall, not the Free Marches.

DA:O's setting is Fereldan, not Denerim or Orzimmar.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Fig-D has been kidnapped by Mild Confusion and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

In the future I’ll get a HANDLE
    But for now, I’m split in shambles
    So put up your FISTS! I’m rearing for fights
    On hit! Big crits! P.S. that webcomic bites
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    @Wyborn

You made the right choice son

I'm proud of you

Fuck oppression and slaughtering a group for something someone outside of that group did

• Options
    More mages live if you side with the Templars. That's the funny part.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    PreciousBodilyFluids has been kidnapped by Cambiata and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

A nickname would be Khool
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Nah
    You just don't get a cutscene explicitly stating that you saved this and this mage

But Orsino tells every still surviving mage to get out of there and spread the word while Hawke and co stops the Templars. Plus, all the Templars you kill=less Templars to kill mages.

And if you side with the Templars, you better believe that they're slaughtering every mage they come across when you don't happen to be right there as well. Probably killed the ones you saved once you were out of sight.

• Options
    Cambiata how could you

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cambiata how could you

It is as Geth wills it.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Yes I... I see what you mean now

Geth is the light

• Options
    Blackjack has been kidnapped by PreciousBodilyFluids and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Not a day goes by without a post from me
    I am a CANINE, but have no fur
    There's many COMICS for you to see
    I am synthetic, but also a CUR
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Elendil has been kidnapped by Chanus and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

A tale as old as TIME? Psh, I would know.
    That Beast ain’t shit, I’m the real beauty
    I knew Noah biblically (no homo)
    Now gimmie a clam to break on my tummy
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Elendil has been rescued by Oats.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    All right.

Dragon Age 2 was a pretty fun game.

It is a fun game. For me, the only real issue is that the Mage ending is kinda terrible in a "This makes no sense" way. Things in the Templar ending make a lot more sense for the game. If you have a save right before the choice, Wyborn, you should load it up and play the Templar ending in order to see it. I'd really like to hear your opinions once you've played through both endings.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid has been kidnapped by Maz- and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My epic thread on WIZARDS
    was perfect and without taint
    These days I've given up posting
    to dabble in a bit of PAINT
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    We're nearing 100 and I'm working on a glorious Mage OP

I hope you're all as excited as I am

• Options
    DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    You were my one healer

*stab*[/quote]

Welcome Wyborn. I know its late but welcome

you are now one of the Anders Stabbers

bringing a just end to a traitor abomination

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    All right.

It is a fun game. For me, the only real issue is that the Mage ending is kinda terrible in a "This makes no sense" way. Things in the Templar ending make a lot more sense for the game. If you have a save right before the choice, Wyborn, you should load it up and play the Templar ending in order to see it. I'd really like to hear your opinions once you've played through both endings.

I thought it made pretty all right sense all told. What am I missing?

Edit: that bandit mask looks terrible on me

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Darcsteel has been kidnapped by Wyborn and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My name is a NUMBER, no one knows how exact
    Hated by many, my banning had no tact
    When I was BAKED, they made me dead
    No apple here, it was in a THREAD
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    both endings are kinda of meh but neither have a makes no sense point to it

both wrap up their story lines pretty well and do a decent job of explaining the consequence of wht you have done

• Options

This OP will be the worst ever.

Murderknife?

Murderknife.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Trying to decide if I should play DA2 again. I only played it once, without any DLC. After watching Wyborn's reactions, it's tempting.

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I'm in the same boat, having beaten DA2 before there was any DLC. Of course, I can't actually bring myself to purchase the DLC since it never goes on sale, much in the way that I can't bring myself to buy ME2 DLC for another play-through to lead into an ME3 play-through after getting that game for free.

What I'm saying here is fuck EA.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Man, really? There is some good ME2 DLC. Kasumi, Overlord, and Arrival are all worth doing at least once, and LotSB is pretty great.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    All right.

I thought it made pretty all right sense all told. What am I missing?

Edit: that bandit mask looks terrible on me

The Mage ending falls apart in two ways. Spoiled in case others who are playing are around
    1. Even if you side with the mages, almost all of the mages go crazy bloodmage, leading to you having to slaughter your way through not only Templars but also mages. So, you side with the mages, and then go on to kill most of the mages.

2. Orsino goes batshit insane for no real reason. You have just slaughtered every Templar that has dared to set foot in the Circle. You have laid waste and destruction to your enemies and their corpses are piled up in front of the door. There is nothing that can stop you. So, Orsino promptly goes batshit insane and utilizes a bunch of blood magic to kill all of the other surviving mages in the room and turn himself into a crazy abomination monster because you can't win, even though you've slaughtered everyone who has dared to cross your path.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

Murderknife?

Murderknife.

I'm not gonna lie

You won't be its biggest fan

Also the Dragon Age DLC is really good. What's the price tag on that these days?

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    ME2's DLC is all awesome All the time.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    You can skip most of ME2's DLC except Lair of the shadow broker. You shouldn't skip that one, because it is some of the best content in the entire game.

Some of the DLC's for ME3 were also really good.

I played all of the DLC's for DA2 and they weren't really that good. One of them lets you deal with some Orlais stuff though, if you're interested in that. But most of them are pretty light on interesting content

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Toxic Pickle has been kidnapped by TTODewback and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I’m kinda new, don’t give me the COLD shoulder
    Fixing these problems like Sisyphus’ boulder
    You think that’ll break me? You ain’t slick
    I’m made of IRON you son of a bitch
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    You can skip most of ME2's DLC except Lair of the shadow broker. You shouldn't skip that one, because it is some of the best content in the entire game.

Some of the DLC's for ME3 were also really good.

I played all of the DLC's for DA2 and they weren't really that good. One of them lets you deal with some Orlais stuff though, if you're interested in that. But most of them are pretty light on interesting content

Legacy is good except for the end boss which your allies' AI isn't good enough to deal with.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm not against buying DLC... heck, I actually bought all the DLC for Saint's Row III of all things, but not until it was massively on sale.

EA/Bioware DLC (almost) never goes on sale.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    Neli has been kidnapped by Orca and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Are you guessing who I am?
    I'm not sure why you persist
    For am I an UNLUCKY COUNCILMAN
    Who does simply does not exist
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Trying to decide if I should play DA2 again. I only played it once, without any DLC. After watching Wyborn's reactions, it's tempting.

I am replaying it. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, and there are some good things about the game. I'll post some pro/con's after I finish the first act.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Turkson has been kidnapped by TTODewback and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I constantly attacked, but not on the OFFENSIVE
    You might have seen my massive missives
    Partial to warcraft, but no white KNIGHT,
    Disagree? You’re in for a fight!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Spoit has been kidnapped by Blackjack and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Two forks would be lovely!
    Now, polish my head, skank!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Gaddez has been kidnapped by Aistan and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I wanna be badass, like Snake in BOXES
    So I’m liftin them ups!  You like that, hosses?
    Near the ENDER, I get no respect
    FYI the application? They double checked.
    Which forumer am I?

• Options

Murderknife?

Murderknife.

I'm not gonna lie

You won't be its biggest fan

Also the Dragon Age DLC is really good. What's the price tag on that these days?

But Mages are dangerous!

It's for their own good that we have Circles!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited April 2013
    My avatar looks pretty awesome with the bandit mask btw.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    SoundsPlush has been kidnapped by Taranis and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

What do you call one mod yelling in a cave?
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Rainfall has been kidnapped by C2B and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You know, I used to love celery
    Til he made a thread how you all want to get with me
    I wanted to ROCKET away and have some fun
    Travel to the LEGEND or PLANET, 3rd rock from the sun
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    Now I want to play DA2 again just so I can (END SPOILER)
    murder the crap out of Anders again.

And again. And again. And again.

steam_sig.png