As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    manlysheep wrote: »
    If I have two thirteen year olds, can I let them go alone to PAX prime, or do I have to be withy hem?
    They can go to the show, but they won't be able to play any M-rated games or see any M-rated demos in the Expo Hall. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24426865/#Comment_24426865

--Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
    zerzhul
  • LinkavichLinkavich Gary Motha-Fuckin Oak Registered User regular
    Zerz, any idea if an announcement will be posted when the schedule is updated or if it'll just be updated one day?

I'm a turtle wrangler. I wrangle turtles.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Linkavich wrote: »
    Zerz, any idea if an announcement will be posted when the schedule is updated or if it'll just be updated one day?

updates are often done quietly. So you'll have to keep checking.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, there have been a bunch of schedule updates already since it's been live.

• Chakaal StarrChakaal Starr Registered User regular
    Has it been said where Will Call is this year?

The info on the back of the badges says it's in Level 1 of the WSCC. I'm wondering if it's back where it was in 2011 (the outdoor area in that tunnel on level 1 of the WSCC).

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The info on the back of the badges says it's in Level 1 of the WSCC. I'm wondering if it's back where it was in 2011 (the outdoor area in that tunnel on level 1 of the WSCC).

That's probably a safe bet. I had a decent experience with it being there, aside from it being in an odd location.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    zerzhul
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    This is not a PAX question but more of a Washington question. A travel buddy of mine is wondering how the new "Pot is legal" rules work down there. Are there dispensaries yet or is it still something you need to buy from a shady dude beside the liquor store? Sorry if this is not the right venue to ask.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Right now, it's legal to own (to a point) and legal to smoke (also to a point), but it's not legal to buy because licensed dispensaries haven't been setup yet.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • rmstephensrmstephens Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Disco11 wrote: »
    This is not a PAX question but more of a Washington question. A travel buddy of mine is wondering how the new "Pot is legal" rules work down there. Are there dispensaries yet or is it still something you need to buy from a shady dude beside the liquor store? Sorry if this is not the right venue to ask.

I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice, just my understanding of the current rules. Proceed at your own risk, etc.

At the moment, possession of less than an ounce is legal, smoking in public is a ticket-able offense (although from what I understand they'd usually just tell you to knock it off and go somewhere else), and there is no legal way to purchase. Purchasing from an unlicensed source is a crime, and the rules aren't in place yet for there to be stores to buy from. TLDR: You'll have to wait a year or so before there are stores to purchase from.

rmstephens on
    edited August 2013
    Washington State Drug Laws are not within the remit of this thread nor this section of the forums.

zerzhul on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not legal advice, but PAX advice: marijuana consumption within the confines of PAX (even the lines outside) is still against the rules. Smoking or otherwise.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    The guidebook for Prime '13 was released and they have the tournaments on there now. So my question is where do I find the rules for them? I clicked the tournaments I was interested in but they didn't have a lot of info in them.

Mainly I want to know about the Halo 4 tourney. I'm assuming it's going to be a 4v4 but I'd like to know in advance as I only have one Halo player coming with me to PAX and need to know if I need to recruit two more for it. Should I make a thread for it or is there one planned already?

• disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    i dont have a smart phone, is there pc download for the guidebook?

sorry for double post

• Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    I saw in the other thread with the images of the layout for this year's prime there's a small "music/dance games" area on level 2 on the WSCC. Does this mean there will/might be Rock Band freeplay or similar or is this yet to be confirmed?

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
    No, but in the mobile apps thread I linked the "web" version.

Jaym4n wrote: »
    I saw in the other thread with the images of the layout for this year's prime there's a small "music/dance games" area on level 2 on the WSCC. Does this mean there will/might be Rock Band freeplay or similar or is this yet to be confirmed?
    I believe the community map specifically calls out a "rock band freeplay" stage.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Rock Band Freeplay will be next to the Juicy Cafe on 2F of the WSCC. Always a good time!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I believe the community map specifically calls out a "rock band freeplay" stage.
    Hmm, I did call it Rock Band Freeplay because that's what it was in 09, 10, and 12. Now it's officially labeled as "Freeplay Stage," but I think it's safe enough to say we all know what that means. I guess you never know, though, they could surprise us!

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    I mentioned this earlier but nobody replied, which either means nobody knows or the info isn't available but I want to ask again; Does anybody know where I can find the specifics on the tournaments?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Linkavich wrote: »
    I mentioned this earlier but nobody replied, which either means nobody knows or the info isn't available but I want to ask again; Does anybody know where I can find the specifics on the tournaments?
    PC Tournaments have a thread here.

I believe that the details on handheld and console tournaments are not up yet. At least I can't find threads for them. But I think it's safe to assume they will happen.

There's also a sticky at the top of the forum that has links to all those things that you want/need.

• Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Rock Band Freeplay will be next to the Juicy Cafe on 2F of the WSCC. Always a good time!

I'm so excited about this simply because I sing like a freakin' angel!!

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
  • ThePimpImpThePimpImp Registered User regular
    Will badges be available for pickup on Thursday august 29th? If so what hours are they available?

In the past, PAX has had Thursday Will Call hours. I don't believe it is known yet what those hours will be. I think that http://twitter.com/official_pax will tweet them when it's much closer to the show (one to two days before that thursday).

There's also a sticky at the top of the forum that has links to all those things that you want/need.

I take it you mean when the information is available the links there will help? As of right now it has no details past the time.

Oh I see what you mean by specifics. Yeah they will either end up posted here in their own threads, or within the guidebook. If neither end up posted, for whatever reason, unfortunately you'll have to wait till PAX and you can check with the peeps those mornings.

Linkavich
    edited August 2013
    not seeing Bungie or Respawn on the exhibitor list so will Destiny and Titanfall be at pax? also what places can you go without a badge? not many im guessing

disabledgamerj2 on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    not seeing Bungie or Respawn on the exhibitor list so will Destiny and Titanfall be at pax? also what places can you go without a badge? not many im guessing

EA and Activision are at PAX, which are the publishers of said games, but I don't think anyone could confirm what they're bringing with them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SSnakeAceSSnakeAce Registered User new member
    On the subject of concerts:

Does anyone know exactly who Supergiant is, in the context of the special performance? I'm assuming this is Supergiant Games doing a Bastion/Transistor performance?

Also, is it safe to assume that the order of the bands listed on the schedule for each night is the order they're playing in? It's looking like I'm probably going to miss Bit Brigade if that's true.

dyaballiklSpiritfire
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    also what places can you go without a badge? not many im guessing

Any place that is considered "part of PAX" you must have a badge in order to get into. There are some "common areas" within the first 4 floors of the WSCC that are open to the public and be accessible without a badge. Those are mainly for folks going to the various restaurants in the convention center. There are rooms on those floors that require a badge as well.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    SSnakeAce wrote: »
    On the subject of concerts:

Does anyone know exactly who Supergiant is, in the context of the special performance? I'm assuming this is Supergiant Games doing a Bastion/Transistor performance?
    I don't know anymore than you do, but Supergiant Games' Amir Rao has performed his classic Bind Those Keys at PAX before.

• NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    Is there a day for med-pass people to get into the expo hall early like in previous years?

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

EA and Activision are at PAX, which are the publishers of said games, but I don't think anyone could confirm what they're bringing with them.
    Are you sure that Activision will be there? They've historically been absent at PAX (I wasn't at Prime 12, so not sure about last year). And they're not on the exhibitor list either.

When Bungie was under Microsoft they attended, but now that Activision is their publisher I'm unsure if anything for Destiny will be at PAX.

Clix on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    NeuralLink wrote: »
    Is there a day for med-pass people to get into the expo hall early like in previous years?

That has typically been Friday, and I'd imagine that is still the case.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Imsorad wrote: »

Are you sure that Activision will be there? They've historically been absent at PAX (I wasn't at Prime 12, so not sure about last year). And they're not on the exhibitor list either.

When Bungie was under Microsoft they attended, but now that Activision is their publisher I'm unsure if anything for Destiny will be at PAX.

not seeing Activision on the exhibitor list or maps

whats PAX XP?

• JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    whats PAX XP?

The PAX Experience, of course :)

This discussion has been closed.