As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• JimmyNovakJimmyNovak Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    JimmyNovak wrote: »
    So I wanted to go to PAX this year and kept waiting for tickets to be available, and then I went out to eat and wham, tickets were sold out. So I did the first thing that came to mind, this being my first convention - I went to eBay. Now I ended up with two sets of 1 day passes (thought I got scammed first time, bought second set, first came in today) and I've been told by some people on Reddit there's supposed to be space invaders on them under a UV light. I shined the blacklight I have on them and I didn't see them. Can anyone upload what I'm supposed to see if it's really there?
    The only official method of checking is to have an Enforcer check the badge at PAX itself. Anything anyone other than an official source tells you is not necessarily reliable.

Yeah, but I was hoping for something close, as I'm in Indiana, and if I get out there and find out they're fake and can't get in..

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think that's about as good as we're going to get here. It's possible that the uv watermarks have changed from previous years.

• JHawkJHawk Registered User regular
    Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but have other people in Ontario, Canada received their badges via Fed-Ex yet? A friend is still waiting on theirs..

A particular location doesn't really narrow down when people are going to receive their badges, since they go out in waves. Your friend should email registration@paxsite.com pax_questions@paxsite.com and apparently paxquestions@reedexpo.com just to be sure.

• JimmyNovakJimmyNovak Registered User new member
    When I look for Amtrak trains, I see two stations in Seattle. Which should I go for? King Street Station or Ferry Pier 69? How much cash should I bring for things like cabs or stuff at PAX?

• ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    When I look for Amtrak trains, I see two stations in Seattle. Which should I go for? King Street Station or Ferry Pier 69? How much cash should I bring for things like cabs or stuff at PAX?

Ive never gotten off anywere besides king street station as far as amtrak. I didnt even know there was a different stop in downtown but as far as money, pax is pretty much free after the passes so you only need as money as your food if you dont want to pack any and the souveniers you want to buy. Im a pretty bad example but i spend about a hundred a day. Thirty for food. Thirty or forty for magic the gathering tourneys, and then the odd souvenier i cant seem to stop myself from buying like pax pins to trade, random retro games, etc but im sure if u have more self control then me you could do pax for $15 plus snacks and drinks and you will have just as much fun as i do every year

• ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Forgot. Always bring a few dollars dollars for the cookie brigade since it is for a good cause

• kestrelbeekestrelbee Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Pier 69 is only for Amtrak buses, so you want King Street Station.

• Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So here's one for you. My cat got ahold of one of the one day passes and managed to chew and destroy a small portion of the hologram that's pressed into the bottom area of the pass. Being this close, it's bothering me so I just wanted to ask and make sure there wouldn't be any sort of "Hey wait a minute" when I try to get in. Hopefully this is a good enough picture you can see what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/Sege0Qn
    It looks like some of the right side was just kinda scratched off.

Just wanted to get opinions on that. The rest of the pass is fine, less a small kitty tooth mark in the right side.

Edit: Fixed image

Jaym4n on
    PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
    Jaym4n wrote: »
    So here's one for you. My cat got ahold of one of the one day passes and managed to chew and destroy a small portion of the hologram that's pressed into the bottom area of the pass. Being this close, it's bothering me so I just wanted to ask and make sure there wouldn't be any sort of "Hey wait a minute" when I try to get in. Hopefully this is a good enough picture you can see what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/Sege0Qn
    It looks like some of the right side was just kinda scratched off.

Just wanted to get opinions on that. The rest of the pass is fine, less a small kitty tooth mark in the right side.

Edit: Fixed image
    I personally think it will probably be fine, but that's not an official response of any sort. You might want to tweet at http://twitter.com/official_pax and see what they have to say.

• TarakaDarkTarakaDark Grey Warden SeattleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, but I was hoping for something close, as I'm in Indiana, and if I get out there and find out they're fake and can't get in..

@JimmyNovak, if it turns out that they are fake, there are definitely going to be other activities that you can participate in around the convention, such as ShadowPAX:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177896/pax-without-pax#latest

Be sure to check out the other PAX forum threads too!

~TarakaDark
    PAX without PAX Yahoo group has been set up to organize para-PAX events:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shadowpax
  • capnsanitycapnsanity Professional Awesomer Registered User regular
    I emailed about this but i seem to have lost the reply so i'll just ask here, Where do i go to get one of those badges for people in wheelchairs to get into panels first and such?

capnsanity wrote: »
    I emailed about this but i seem to have lost the reply so i'll just ask here, Where do i go to get one of those badges for people in wheelchairs to get into panels first and such?
    You can email pax_questions@paxsite.com to explain your situation and inquire about a medical badge.

• Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Have the on peak hotel confirmation transfer emails gone out yet? I don't remember them cutting it this close last time, and still haven't gotten mine, but I don't want to bother them if they just haven't done it yet.

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    Have the on peak hotel confirmation transfer emails gone out yet? I don't remember them cutting it this close last time, and still haven't gotten mine, but I don't want to bother them if they just haven't done it yet.

It's up to the hotel whether they send out a confirmation e-mail. If you haven't received one yet, I would just call the hotel and verify that the reservation transfered.

• PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Has there been a schedule released for the League Of Legends regionals at PAX? The LOL site seems to only have season 2 information. I'd like to watch a couple matches but only if they don't conflict with all the other cool stuff going on at PAX.

Also, to clarify, the will call booth is a different booth than the info booth correct? Is the will call booth going to be in that outdoor tunnel location just to the left of the ground floor escalators?

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    You'd have to ask Riot about their own tournament's scheduling.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PurpleSky wrote: »
    Also, to clarify, the will call booth is a different booth than the info booth correct? Is the will call booth going to be in that outdoor tunnel location just to the left of the ground floor escalators?

Yes, the outside 1st level booth is Registration/Will Call.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Has there been a schedule released for the League Of Legends regionals at PAX? The LOL site seems to only have season 2 information. I'd like to watch a couple matches but only if they don't conflict with all the other cool stuff going on at PAX.

http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2/articles/gamescom-and-pax-schedule-announcement

Aug 30: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Semi Finals, NA LCS Quarterfinals

Aug 31: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Semi Finals, NA LCS 5th place match, NA LCS Semi Finals

Sept 1: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Finals, NA LCS 3rd place match, NA LCS Finals

Looks like nothing planned for the last day of PAX at the moment. Would be a shame to see such a large section of the convention centre go unused for an entire day, even if it's when PAX is winding down.

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    JamieOD wrote: »

http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2/articles/gamescom-and-pax-schedule-announcement

Aug 30: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Semi Finals, NA LCS Quarterfinals

Aug 31: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Semi Finals, NA LCS 5th place match, NA LCS Semi Finals

Sept 1: Starts 10AM PDT / 19:00 CEST
    Challenger Finals, NA LCS 3rd place match, NA LCS Finals

Looks like nothing planned for the last day of PAX at the moment. Would be a shame to see such a large section of the convention centre go unused for an entire day, even if it's when PAX is winding down.

Maybe they'll do the costume contest or community vs Riot games on the last day or something of that nature

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    capnsanity wrote: »

Medical Badges are primarily given out from Registration, 1st floor of WSCC, outside in the tunnel.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    The pax prime schedule is not working for me, I get 503 and 500 errors. Anyone have a mirror of it?

Stranger Danger on
  • ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    The pax prime schedule is not working for me, I get 503 and 500 errors. Anyone have a mirror of it?

Someone put together a block style spreadsheet of the schedule: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzN_PH6aL5PDYnJqcURDNFlKRzA/edit

edit: my bad, out of date schedule. Nothing to see here folks, move along!

ramen215 on
    Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • VanusVanus Registered User regular
    ramen215 wrote: »

Someone put together a block style spreadsheet of the schedule: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzN_PH6aL5PDYnJqcURDNFlKRzA/edit

That schedule is not up to date. It still has panels on it that have since been removed or changed.

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My apologies if this was already answered and I just couldn't find it, but how early will the registration desk be open Friday morning?

location! location! bees!
    8am.

• koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    8am.

Awesome, thank you!

location! location! bees!
  • thetelevisi0nthetelevisi0n Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I wanted to go to PAX this year and kept waiting for tickets to be available, and then I went out to eat and wham, tickets were sold out. So I did the first thing that came to mind, this being my first convention - I went to eBay. Now I ended up with two sets of 1 day passes (thought I got scammed first time, bought second set, first came in today) and I've been told by some people on Reddit there's supposed to be space invaders on them under a UV light. I shined the blacklight I have on them and I didn't see them. Can anyone upload what I'm supposed to see if it's really there?

I have a uv flashlight and I couldn't see the uv watermarks. But I could see the watermarks with a different uv blacklight bulb. The watermarks look like this:
    ulvl.jpg

Also, if you use a strong flashlight and shine the light from behind the badge, and look at the badge from the front, you should see faint shadows.

thetelevisi0n on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Just FYI if you're flying through Vancouver to Seattle, airport workers at #yvr just filed 72 hour strike notice. shouldn't be much of a problem getting to PAX but if the strike happens and lasts until Tuesday anyone going home through Vancouver might want to be prepared for delays and problems.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • PotatrixPotatrix Registered User new member
    It's Aug 27 and I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet, should I be concerned?

• JenniLyneJenniLyne Registered User regular
    Potatrix wrote: »
    It's Aug 27 and I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet, should I be concerned?

E-mail registration@paxsite.com and let them know.

Potatrix wrote: »
    Yes. Email pax_questions@paxsite.com and tweet at http://twitter.com/official_pax

It was time to be concerned yesterday actually :P or maybe even friday.

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    A friend e-mailed about her badges yesterday and the answer she got was that badges were still being sent out (she lives in the Seattle area) and that if she doesn't receive them by PAX, she could print off her confirmation and bring it to will call.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • MidnyteMidnyte Registered User regular
    I got the same reply, pretty much. Which to me means they scan for the words 'badges' and 'not arrived' and send a canned answer. Ours was about badges sent to a wrong address. *sigh*

Anyway... Is Registration by chance open Thurs afternoon/evening before PAX? Or is 8am Friday the earliest they open?

Tried to look on the Guidebook app, but it keeps crashing on me.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    zerzhul on
    @whypick1 edited out your link, so the tweet embed could show its glory :P

I would've done it myself if the preview actually showed the embedding properly :P

• MidnyteMidnyte Registered User regular
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Eep! Just saw that the Valet parking price at the Sheraton is $46/day! Anyone know of a more reasonable option that will let me keep the car there from Fri-Monday?

This discussion has been closed.