Options

PAX PRIME 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• Options
    GlibReaperGlibReaper Registered User new member
    Can I resell my tickets? If so, do I have to charge what I paid for them?

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GlibReaper wrote: »

you can always try eBay but you're NOT allowed to trade/giveaway/ or sell tickets on these forums

• Options
    ShocknaShockna Registered User regular

Given the few up for sale on ebay, I believe you can, just make sure not to post a thread for it or try to do so via the forums.

@zerzhul: Correct me if I'm wrong, of course >.>

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Once you have a ticket in hand, you can give it to anyone you wish.

• Options
    fluffaykittiesfluffaykitties Registered User new member
    Saw someone ask about a tripod. I'm a PAX n00b so want to confirm, cameras are okay? Are there any areas that don't allow cameras? (DSLRs, specifically).

Thanks!

fluffaykitties =^.^=
  • Options
    Saw someone ask about a tripod. I'm a PAX n00b so want to confirm, cameras are okay? Are there any areas that don't allow cameras? (DSLRs, specifically).

Thanks!

Cameras are allowed in the expo hall, at a minimum. Every PAX I see plenty of people in random places setting up tripods for cosplay pictures.

• Options

Thanks!
    As far as I know cameras are allowed just about everywhere. I suppose it's possible that a particular panel could ask you to not use them.

• Options
    Quick extra note on cameras: This may or may not be obvious, but every year there are a few specific areas on the expo hall that don't allow cameras. Basically, if it's an "exclusive" trailer (a la AC3 from 2012 and AC4 from last east), they won't allow cameras. Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember that they would hold cameras for people who weren't able to easily stow them.

• Options
    fluffaykittiesfluffaykitties Registered User new member
    Okay, great! Thanks for all the info!

fluffaykitties =^.^=
  • Options
    Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    Will single day passes that were canceled/revoked due to suspicious activity be put up on the site? Or possibly held at the event as surplus? I apologize if it has already been asked, but I have two friends that need a Saturday and Sunday.

• Options
    Travman93 wrote: »
    Will single day passes that were canceled/revoked due to suspicious activity be put up on the site? Or possibly held at the event as surplus? I apologize if it has already been asked, but I have two friends that need a Saturday and Sunday.
    Passes will not be available at the event.

• Options
    Is it possible to change my shipping choice? The system was getting slammed so I just went with what came up by default

• Options
    sanovah wrote: »
    Is it possible to change my shipping choice? The system was getting slammed so I just went with what came up by default
    It should be. Once you get(got) your confirmation email, you should be able to fix inconsistencies.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    It should be. Once you get(got) your confirmation email, you should be able to fix inconsistencies.
    Wait shit I just realized you probably meant switch from USPS to UPS or something. That I have no fucking idea about. You'll have to email pax_questions@paxsite.com or registration@paxsite.com

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Totally beaten. I should probably reload the tab before answering questions that are 15 minutes old next time...

Traitorious on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Wait shit I just realized you probably meant switch from USPS to UPS or something. That I have no fucking idea about. You'll have to email pax_questions@paxsite.com or registration@paxsite.com

Yeah i meant switching from USPS to UPS or something. went to the shoclix site and can't so i guess I'll email them and see if i can and just have them hit me for the difference. I was on my phone at work where reception is horrible and once i saw 4-days were already gone i just sped through most of the registration and didn't check what else was available for shipping. I've gone ahead and emailed registration for now though. Just curious what else was available besides normal USPS?

sanovah on
  • Options
    USPS, UPS (USA ONLY), FedEx (I think international only, but I could be wrong, and Will Call (international only).

• Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular

Yeah i meant switching from USPS to UPS or something. went to the shoclix site and can't so i guess I'll email them and see if i can and just have them hit me for the difference. I was on my phone at work where reception is horrible and once i saw 4-days were already gone i just sped through most of the registration and didn't check what else was available for shipping. I've gone ahead and emailed registration for now though. Just curious what else was available besides normal USPS?

I called showclix about this exact issue and was told they couldn't make a change that involved an extra charge, so I e-mailed pax_questions@paxsite.com and will see what they say; figure it should be any easy fix once everything cools down.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Do ya'll happen to know who is providing the medical coverage/booth at the show? I'd like to volunteer a day or two, or get my hospital to provide the coverage if it isn't arranged yet.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    ICUb wrote: »
    Do ya'll happen to know who is providing the medical coverage/booth at the show? I'd like to volunteer a day or two, or get my hospital to provide the coverage if it isn't arranged yet.
    Email pax_questions@paxsite.com

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't already have medical coverage all wrapped up through the convention center itself, but who knows.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    First Aid is handled by the building.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Thank you for the info, appreciated.

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    TeganJ wrote: »

I called showclix about this exact issue and was told they couldn't make a change that involved an extra charge, so I e-mailed pax_questions@paxsite.com and will see what they say; figure it should be any easy fix once everything cools down.

Yeah hopefully. I just misclicked/didnt click because of the strain on the system. But I do need/want UPS because of how I'll be traveling this year and need to be able to track mine. Hopefully either PA and do it or tell ShoxClix to because all it should entail is charging the difference to the card I already used.

Since you will probably hear from them before me please post the answer you receive here.

• Options
    iSamuraiiSamurai Registered User regular

Yeah hopefully. I just misclicked/didnt click because of the strain on the system. But I do need/want UPS because of how I'll be traveling this year and need to be able to track mine. Hopefully either PA and do it or tell ShoxClix to because all it should entail is charging the difference to the card I already used.

Since you will probably hear from them before me please post the answer you receive here.

I'm almost positive UPS was the default option so you should be ok.

• Options
    Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular

Worth a shot shooting them an email?

• Options
    kyle1193kyle1193 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    iSamurai wrote: »

I'm almost positive UPS was the default option so you should be ok.

UPS was not the default option, USPS was.

kyle1193 on
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    I think it was USPS cause I accidentally forgot to change it and it said I had to pick ups international since iam in canada

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
  • Options
    Worth a shot shooting them an email?
    Any revoked/refunded transactions should have their passes put back up on the site. There will be no passes available to purchase from PAX at the event.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Has anyone else had problems signing into the showclix site? I tried the email address I used (and got the confirmation on) and it says it can't find my email. Not sure what to do. I did call yesterday and verified that yes we have our passes.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    Has anyone else had problems signing into the showclix site? I tried the email address I used (and got the confirmation on) and it says it can't find my email. Not sure what to do. I did call yesterday and verified that yes we have our passes.
    The official pax twitter said to wait a couple of days before trying to get back into the site. If you have problems after that, I suggest emailing registration@paxsite.com or tweeting at official_pax

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    The official pax twitter said to wait a couple of days before trying to get back into the site. If you have problems after that, I suggest emailing registration@paxsite.com or tweeting at official_pax

IDK if it has anything to do with the fact that I live over seas, but when the passes first went up, I went interrupt free through the process and got my 4 day pass no sweat. Just tried logging on to the showclix site and it works fine.

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    kyle1193kyle1193 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

You should have also received a email with a temporary account password. In my inbox it is right before the receipt email.

kyle1193 on
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    kyle1193 wrote: »

You should have also received a email with a temporary account password. In my inbox it is right before the receipt email.

I got that, tried it. Still didn't work. When I click the forgot my password it says it can't find my email address. I will contact support in a couple days if I still can't get in.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    GlibReaperGlibReaper Registered User new member
    PAX Prime is now completely sold out according to the website. Haven't seen an official tweet yet.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    PAX Prime is now completely sold out according to the website. Haven't seen an official tweet yet.

Uhhhhhh

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular

Welcome to 18 Hours ago.

:D

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BUYING PASSES FROM SECONDARY SOURCES

I just bought a pass on craigslist / ebay, how do I know if it's legit?

This really won't apply until after PAX PRIME passes sell out, but I wanted to put this out there anyways. If you purchase your pass from a second hand source, you are putting yourself at risk of purchasing a counterfeit pass. Second hand sources also include this forum, which is why there will no longer be any pass selling or buying here.

Please be aware that there may/will be repercussions for attempting to sell or buy badges on the forums.

Please remember, buying a pass from anybody except Penny-Arcade means you are potentially buying a counterfeit pass which can be confiscated and you will be asked to leave the show.

Last PAX East, there was a Badge Checking Station so you could check the badge before purchasing while AT PAX. However, this won't help you much if you've already paid for the badge and it is counterfeit.

2l6cl2.jpg

Relevant to your guys' interest

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular

Here is what I heard back from Client Services:

Yes, please give us a call and we can upgrade your shipping over the phone. Our toll free number is 877-674-8241

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Kind of a strange question but here goes.

So I have a sentimental attachment to the PAX passes I've collected over the years and have a 3-day pass for each year I've attended. Like many others I missed out on the 4-day passes and had to buy singles but would still like a physical 4-day pass as a memento. Would I be able to solicit trading for /purchasing a 4-day pass after the event on the forum?

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    You could put it in the swag trading thread that we do after pax. We don't allow solicit for purchase for anything but the big community buy items.

This discussion has been closed.