As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That's right, I sent my Santee games, a book, magnets, *and* clothing.
    *gayest Santa ever*

I would have sent you something of an actual comic sort, but didn't want to risk getting you something you already had. Figured you had slightly more love for DC since you sent someone DC stuff last year, but the Deadpool hat was just too good to pass up. :D

Excellent stuff. The GoT cookbook is especially spot on, I've been eyeing it up myself. Well I'll pass it onto the other half to cook me some things ;)

fitting with the got universe

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I've bunny'd before. I'll bunny again. This community looks after its own.

Just point me at 'em.

Count me in. I don't think I checked the bunny thing, but not sending a gift is not ok.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    My third and Final...

GiftGet4b.gif
    bz3BD.jpg
    A package from Amazon! What could it be?
    QZDAd.jpg
    Science fiction books!? My favorite kind!
    HxZoU.jpg
    I admit I've never heard of these books but they sound like they'll be really good reads.

Thank you so much... Erm... Okay I must confess you might've dropped your name in one of the gifts but I think I completely missed it. Who do I have to thank for the gifts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future?

Now it's time to take the hat off my avatar.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Yeeeeeeees more Culture novels.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Never mind. Looks like I can get them from Valve pretty cheaply (though I've been burned on customs when buying from them before), from Amazon (about 50% more), a few select individuals on ebay (after S&H, not cheap but not terrible). Going to wander the shops of Toronto, see if anyone has them in stock.

Oh man, you live in Toronto too and resisted the urge to go all "creepy stalker" on me? I don't know whether to celebrate your basic human decency or be mildly disappointed.
    Nah, I'd never be disappointed in Santa. <3

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I will be a bunny. Gimme a target.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Select your Isy and then, select your Santee.

YL9WnCY.png
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Oh. My. Goodness.

I have been gifted.

I cried.

I cannot believe the generosity of my Santa.

I cried more than once.

Pictures will follow very soon.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Guess we saved the best for last.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I dunno, Isy classed so hard this year his name changed.

Oh brilliant
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Isy gifted me a book and so many steam games that they'll keep me busy for the rest of the year.

Not content with that he then gifted me a PSP Vita.

Oh and also bought me a hot chocolate.

The man is pure class.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I will be a bunny. Gimme a target.

I love your new forum handle. <3

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    So, here's my post of amazing giftage:

I've been out this morning, taking my mum shopping and had asked LewieP to let me know if a parcel arrived for me (that wasn't from John Lewis!). He phoned me part way through the shopping trip to say there was an interesting looking parcel waiting for me at home. I had lunch with my mum then headed back home to find this sat on my dining table:
    J3lfX.jpg

This was on the bottom of the box:
    gjtxA.jpg

I tried head-butting it, but nothing came out of the top.

I started to open it, and got scared - it wasn't a box of bleach, it was a box of vinegar:
    k1o9r.jpg

No, it's OK, Its a box of bubble wrap. That's good, I like bubble wrap, I use lots of it sending paintings places.
    I2qTY.jpg

Wait though, it's a bit heavy for just bubble wrap. On further investigation, there are presents under the present of bubble wrap:
    GPeU0.jpg

Lots of presents!!!
    LDGa6.jpg

I recognise the shape of one, I think it's a
    PnRDN.jpg

Toblerone! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm tempted to squeeze them and try to guess: one's heavy, that'll be a gay book; one is shaped like a CD, one has a power supply (is it a remote control Dalek???), some rattle and some are squishy.

I need help, so I enlist my small child (well, lots of people do, the only problem is my small child is LewieP and he's 6 foot tall, so not exactly small! His hand features in a few of these photos, holding things while I try to unwrap them, and staving off my OCD-ness by taking the tape off me straight away so I can't roll it neatly into a ball and then fold the paper neatly before I throw it away. Under his watchful eyes I managed to just tear some of the paper off instead!

This revealed more chocolatey goodness:
    StJt6.jpg
    a1OQT.jpg
    1taKe.jpg
    7XndR.jpg
    [img][/img]

Waffle biscuits - I've had these before, they're delicious!
    nTvi0.jpg

I then decided to open what I hoped was the Dalek. Nope, I was totally wrong, it was this:
    0ROJj.jpg

That's when I started to cry. yes, I'm a big girl's blouse, I know.

I opened the present that I had thought was a book next:
    bN71g.jpg

Yes, my Santa has gifted me a 3DS XL, with SuperMario 3D Land pre-loaded and a code for another game. The CD isn't a CD, its another game for my 3DS, New Art Academy!!!!!
    7jVXU.jpg

Then there was a strange green tin - wasabi flavoured peas! I love wasabi!!!!
    p89cW.jpg

Then some mmmmmmmmmmmmmmarshmallows and licorice:
    GQuWD.jpg

Finally, there was a letter taped to the bottom of the Question Mark Cube:
    hlM01.jpg

The whole amazing giftage:
    XFY49.jpg

Thank you so much, Santa, I'm absolutely stunned by your generosity! To think that anyone would buy me a 3DS XL - I'm absolutely staggered!!! Now please reveal yourself!

3DS' don't come with chargers?

steam_sig.png

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Disappointing, I was expecting 500 litres of vinegar.

The 3DS XL doesn't, for some reason.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699

Not in Europe, which is pretty ridiculous.

That is some excellent giftage too!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

That makes absolutely no sense.

I've been enjoying my 3DSXL since a I got it a month or so ago so LewieP's Mummy should enjoy hers a good deal as well!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Don't worry, us Americans get 'em.

Oh, and damn, that's an impressive haul. And that white 3DS XL is totally hawt.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Schide wrote: »

That makes absolutely no sense.

I've been enjoying my 3DSXL since a I got it a month or so ago so LewieP's Mummy should enjoy hers a good deal as well!

Usually NoE is pretty cool, but it's super weird that they don't come with one.

Worse, a DS charger doesn't work, it's the wrong shape! Just like phones. Thankfully my Santa has sent me a charger, it has a European plug, as has my PlayBook so I can use my UK adapter with it. I'm still stunned to be gifted a 3DS XL, and am charging it. I'm going to have the Professor Layton game with the code. Come on Santa, who are you????

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    I'm glad you like it! Again, super sorry for my lateness. The missus was quite jealous I spent so much time on the gift (don't tell her I gifted a 3DS XL). I'm sure you can create some amazing art with it!

PS. I forgot the UK uses a different plug. Oopsies!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Wife informed me that gifts had arrived!

I have no pets but I figured Cubebot could help me out with the unwrapping.
    img0955l.jpg

Two packages! Cubebot is happy about where this is going. Let's check out the first one!

img0956pl.jpg
    img0957ek.jpg

YOU SLY DOG! You got me the Mass Effect Trilogy! Complete with autographs from what I assume is the dev team! This is amazing. I can't believe it. So so so so happy right now.

What's in the next package?

img0958nj.jpg

SON OF A BEE STING! What have you done!? I was thinking to myself "Yeah I'll take it nice and slow into the Mass Effect universe" and what do you do? You push me into the deep end my friend! Several Mass Effect comics and a novel. Not in the picture is a car decal with the N7 logo, also a NHL arcade voucher for PS3. The Mass Effect skin for iPhone is awesome, and a book all about Pokémon. I love it!

Upon closer inspection:

img0960s.jpg

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS! You got them to sign the Art book too?!
    This is the best Christmas ever!

I want to scream your name from the mountains.. however there is no name.. :(

How can I properly thank you?!

Glad You liked it, And I'm super impressed that *both* packages arrived at the same time, Yes your copy of the trilogy is signed by the dev team, as is the art book, as fo the pokemon book, When I saw it in the bookstore, You're name was the first thing to pop into my head :)

I hope you enjoy the series, You got pretty far into Dragon Age but had no indicators on your PSN profile that you had tried Mass Effect, not even the demo, And it's rare to get a *fresh* gamer who hasn't tried ME in some way, so let me now what you think, Going from ME1 to 2 should be interesting but its worth playing through just to get *your* version of events, trust me on this, We run SOOOOO many variables to make sure they work, so have fun!

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
    Chen I absolutely love it, can't believe that's what you got me, it's wonderful of you! We've also made a start on the waffles, had them with ice cream this evening; they're delicious.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    If FedEx doesn't hurry up and deliver @Prime 's gift I'm gonna... gonna..

I don't know

get very angry

(I'm not one for violence.)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That is a really good haul LPM. I am kind of disappointed I cannae Easter Bunny anyone.

• Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Dear Christmas Monkeys,

It appears that Proxy has done his job this year and unless there are any great mysteries about, Proxy will soon be returning to his cryochamber of cheer! YIPPEE!

So for another year, Proxy will sleep well and look forward to spreading Christmas cheer across the forums once more!

TALLY-HO, MORTALS!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dear Christmas Monkeys,

It appears that Proxy has done his job this year and unless there are any great mysteries about, Proxy will soon be returning to his cryochamber of cheer! YIPPEE!

So for another year, Proxy will sleep well and look forward to spreading Christmas cheer across the forums once more!

TALLY-HO, MORTALS!

Sleep well, christmas prince.

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Chen I absolutely love it, can't believe that's what you got me, it's wonderful of you!

It's almost too fitting that you got a 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land after the wonderful portrait you painted for me of Super Mario World. By the way, it was the talk of the town during the holiday festivities. Thank you again for it. It's going to be hard for my next Santa to top that.

Shady3011 on
    edited January 2013
    On a related note, Robot Santa has retired to his frostbitten dungeon of holiday vigilance. We'll see him again at the end of this shiny new year.

But don't you get careless...he still knows when you are sleeping, and he still knows when you're awake.

So you better watch out...
    You better not cry...
    You better not pout...
    I'm tellin' you why...

H1mq9.jpg

ROBOT SANTA WILL BE RETURNIN' TO TOWN.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Is...is this it? Have there been no Grinches or Scrooges?

steam_sig.png

I think Hypatia might be returning from a vacation or something, as I have not heard anything regarding deadbeats.

YL9WnCY.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    That would be amazing!

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Angel177 wrote: »
    Glad You liked it, And I'm super impressed that *both* packages arrived at the same time, Yes your copy of the trilogy is signed by the dev team, as is the art book, as fo the pokemon book, When I saw it in the bookstore, You're name was the first thing to pop into my head :)

I hope you enjoy the series, You got pretty far into Dragon Age but had no indicators on your PSN profile that you had tried Mass Effect, not even the demo, And it's rare to get a *fresh* gamer who hasn't tried ME in some way, so let me now what you think, Going from ME1 to 2 should be interesting but its worth playing through just to get *your* version of events, trust me on this, We run SOOOOO many variables to make sure they work, so have fun!

@Angel177.. you are so great.

I am playing Mass Effect right now and I am having a great time (Figuring it out as I go)! I am playing a Paragon soldier currently and it's just so, so great. What an awesome game. Can't believe you got all those signatures, do you work there?.

I haven't read the books (due to the playing of ME) but plan on it. Also the N7 sticker is the first of it's kind ever put on a vehicle I own.

Thank you so much. You made this Secret Santa so awesome. I'll never forget it.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Chen I absolutely love it, can't believe that's what you got me, it's wonderful of you!

It's almost too fitting that you got a 3DS XL with Super Mario 3D Land after the wonderful portrait you painted for me of Super Mario World. By the way, it was the talk of the town during the holiday festivities. Thank you again for it. It's going to be hard for my next Santa to top that.

There's some more stuff on it's way to you!

• PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Just waiting on Fed Ex to pull their finger out and get the package here.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Angel177 wrote: »

@Angel177.. you are so great.

I am playing Mass Effect right now and I am having a great time (Figuring it out as I go)! I am playing a Paragon soldier currently and it's just so, so great. What an awesome game. Can't believe you got all those signatures, do you work there?.

I haven't read the books (due to the playing of ME) but plan on it. Also the N7 sticker is the first of it's kind ever put on a vehicle I own.

Thank you so much. You made this Secret Santa so awesome. I'll never forget it.

Just finished ME1 a few weeks ago for the first time ever, fired up 2 and the slight changes are annoying at first but loving the progression.

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »

There's some more stuff on it's way to you!

Oh man. You are spoiling me. I like it.

This thread will probably lose the sticky sometime this week, so get in your goodbyes and whatever final business you have involving your Santa or Santee.

It was another excellent year of fevered gift-giving, and I look forward to the 2013 edition.

YL9WnCY.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Nackmatholn
    This is because of you!
    736655_520556414641421_358822578_o.jpg

This is a thing I painted (poorly) for my daughter, for her birthday. We've been reading Calvin and Hobbes almost every night for about 6 months now.
    We've also been plowing through Doctor Who, currently on Season 3.
    She loves both of these things, thus the painting.
    Image seems to be working. Let me know if you guys can't see it.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl