Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I want to be a most secret santa! This will be my first year participating. :)

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Man I'm on the fence about participating this year. Last year was freaking great, and #acidlacedpengiun was the best Santa. But shipping my gift to US of A, was crazy expensive :? I guess I could just buy everything on Amazon and have them ship it directly, but then how am I going to be able to send my Santee, awesome danish candy?

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The Mantiz wrote: »
    Man I'm on the fence about participating this year. Last year was freaking great, and #acidlacedpengiun was the best Santa. But shipping my gift to US of A, was crazy expensive :? I guess I could just buy everything on Amazon and have them ship it directly, but then how am I going to be able to send my Santee, awesome danish candy?

Perhaps Amazon sells the awesome danish candy?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Well shit. Guess I have no excuse then :P

But I would like to point out that only one of those types of candy are awesome. And that's the Super Piratos. The rest is terrible :shock:

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Whoo Secret Santa time again! I guess this is my...Fourth time? I think. The last few years were all awesome and I don't expect this year to be any different.

Also, books are awesome.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    @see317
    A bit delayed, but I'm sad you're moving is a complication. I was so impressed with your gift to me last year I saved the shipping label with your address and was going to send you a super-secret-Santa gift as thanks.

Don't think you're out of the woods yet as far as receiving my holiday cheer. Oh no, no, no ...
    :D

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    It's my first Secret Santa too! I've only been posting and lurking on these boards for over 10 years, so it's about time.

• Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular

But I would like to point out that only one of those types of candy are awesome. And that's the Super Piratos. The rest is terrible :shock:

You got that wrong "And that's the Super Piratos. The taste is terrible, You'll go into shock"

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Angel177 wrote: »

You got that wrong "And that's the Super Piratos. The taste is terrible, You'll go into shock"

The taste is great :P People need to learn to appreciate good liquorice with ammonium chloride :D

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I would take a hat for Battler.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    It's on like Donkey Kong!

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Hey, it was appreciated! Though my Yankee tastes just couldn't process Super Piratos.

Also, in again!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    @cloudeagle , you should be my santa again.

Just for old-times sake.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Proxy grows anxious...why aren't people doing more Christmasy things already?!

I REQUIRE ADDITIONAL CANDY!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    If anyone wants to santaify Croco, I'd appreciate it.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Dang, this avatar will not work with a santa hat.

I'll have to do...something.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    PA Secret Santa already?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

I need to change my avatar starting in November. Too early to have a santa hat just yet.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    Once again, it sneaks up on me, but once again, I am in. The Secret Santa Whiskey tin floweth over! I can't wait to get to the stalking and gifting.

And Haribo Piratos? Holy hell, those are... Foul. I get a couple of bags every year so my students can try them, just so they can say that they have.

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

@anoffday
    anoffdayXmas.gif

Also, if I've santafied your avatar in the past, it's most likely here if you want it.
    Course, most of those are the older smaller avatars. As for me, I don't think I'll be strapping on my Santa hat until November. It just doesn't feel right doing myself up Santa style on October 3rd.

see317 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

@anoffday
    anoffdayXmas.gif

Ha. I was going to say oh sweet, you even gave him a santa sack. But then I realized that Croco is just a damn thief and already had that bag.

• Options

@anoffday
    anoffdayXmas.gif

Ha. I was going to say oh sweet, you even gave him a santa sack. But then I realized that Croco is just a damn thief and already had that bag.
    Well, yeah, but this time he's giving people presents instead of stealing them.
    It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

Okay, fine, I didn't touch the sack.

• Options
    The snowflakes are a nice touch though. Thank you!

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    After reading stories about personalized wrapping and whatnot I'm going to try and be a lot more personal with my gift this year, with the help of my crafty gf. Last year I just sent a box with all the stuff in it if i remember correctly. He liked it all the same (I hope) but still.. I'm ready to see who I'm stalking!

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    This is always a good time of the year. I remember the first time I participated I got CoJoe the Lawyer (dude with the Lionel Hutz avatar). I sent all of his gifts as a settlement for his suit against false advertising in The Neverending Story. Sadly, I don't think it ever got posted to the forums. Needless to say, I'm down to participate for another year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Is G&T the only one with a SS thread up? I usually do SE++ also, but I don't see one over there.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    @Hypatia, I just looked at last years gift wall and the gift I gave Agentflit is highlighted in red for some reason? It's the only one that is and I don't want people to think I'm a deadbeat Santa
    Agentflit wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote:
    Nervous is right. I sent my package a month and a half ago, and he hasn't even logged into PA since the 1st of December. 2 proxy messages have fallen on deaf ears :( I hope he's OK. He doesn't seem like a really active member, but it just feels strange.

edit: Hmm he's been on Steam as of 5 days ago, so he's gotta have received both messages.

Hello and welcome from your santee!! I apologize for taking my sweet-ass time!! I love your gift, and as a fellow artist I understand the long hours required by the craft. Really, I'm sorry for not at least letting you know I got your package. I've been busy as shit but that's no excuse!

Without further ado:

GiftGet.gif

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2027%2059.jpgPhoto%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2028%2043.jpg

Oh, for me? What a sexy card! Let's see, it says to open the three individually wrapped gifts in order...

Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2005.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2014.jpg
    Photo%20Dec%2024%2C%209%2030%2023.jpg

Holy shit! A Bitter Luigi triptych! This is the best damn secret santa of any kind I have ever received (sorry secret santa from a few years ago, your pound of fudge and goodies was excellent but this is better). I can't believe you'd put so much work into a gift for a total stranger like me (who was a total dope about being grateful).

Thank you so much and I hope you can forgive me!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Woo, now my av/sig are officially Christmassed out.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Is G&T the only one with a SS thread up? I usually do SE++ also, but I don't see one over there.
    Critical Failures has theirs up, but due to the nature of that forum, they've tended to start early and run late.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Critical Failures has theirs up, but due to the nature of that forum, they've tended to start early and run late.

Can't send your present until you roll a natural 20, dude. You know the rules.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

The SE++ one should be up in less than a month, I believe. The reason this is up so early is so people didn't miss the deadline because "the thread took too long and we forgot".

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    TeeMan wrote: »
    @Hypatia, I just looked at last years gift wall and the gift I gave Agentflit is highlighted in red for some reason? It's the only one that is and I don't want people to think I'm a deadbeat Santa

Don't worry, you're safe. The red means that Flit is a deadbeat Santa, not you.

Edit: Though it's awful that someone would get a rad handmade gift and not send out a gift of their own!

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

The SE++ one should be up in less than a month, I believe. The reason this is up so early is so people didn't miss the deadline because "the thread took too long and we forgot".

I like that it's up early, because now with the bookmark system, I'm never actually looking at G&T proper, just my bookmarked list. I probably would have missed this if I hadn't seen Hypatia's tweet.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    G&T SS has never failed to be fun, so I'm in again, this year!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I need my santee so I can get started with my annual painting!
    I'm no LPM, but each year I actually do have fun being able to paint up something for my santee. It's rather enjoyable, but for some reason I just can't make the time for myself to do it the rest of the year (or maybe I don't have the proper inspiration for what to paint?).

Also, I need to go back through all the previous gift walls. Those are always fun to look back at and read each person's reactions and see those glorious handcrafted whatsits.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Oh, heck - it's time for some good ol' fashioned Christmas givin' to sorta strangers. This'll be my first time; be gentle. :D

• Options
    darleysam wrote: »

Can't send your present until you roll a natural 20, dude. You know the rules.
    It's the DC 30 check against jolliness that's the problem.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Im considering doing this. I haven't participated since 2008 (my first and only SS) partly because my santee never sent anything himself and I felt whoever got me didn't do much, if any, stalking of me (the book was totally awesome though and I love receiving books of any kind... outside of self-help books. An ex actually gave me that one year and nothing else - while we were still together).

The more major reason is because I have been financially strapped most years and barely missed the signups last year.

I really enjoyed sending out the gifts that year (I'm a total gifter-a-holic), but my finances made me wary of getting someone overseas and then no being able to send anything. I'm glad we have awhile for signups so I can figure things out in that time. I would SO love to do this.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Is it wrong to want @Shady3011 as your Santee just so you can send him something awful to play? :P

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Is it wrong to want @Shady3011 as your Santee just so you can send him something awful to play? :P

No, that's called doing it right!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »

It's tradition! I will have it no other way!