Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    Fuck yes I'm so in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    @Hypatia, I just looked at last years gift wall and the gift I gave Agentflit is highlighted in red for some reason? It's the only one that is and I don't want people to think I'm a deadbeat Santa

Don't worry, you're safe. The red means that Flit is a deadbeat Santa, not you.

Edit: Though it's awful that someone would get a rad handmade gift and not send out a gift of their own!

Oh whaaat? That is gooseness of the highest order

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Just as a gentle reminder, you are not signed up unless you send me a PM with the info requested in the OP. That means even if you say in the thread that you are in, if you didn't then you aren't. Parse that!

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Message sent. The most hypnotic and arguably also scariest santa in whole Penny-Arcade has joined in. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So tempted to get in.. I need to ask if I can get special shipping rates to the US through work, since that can often equal the gift spend. I don't want to do this unless I can do it in style.

edit: talk about doing it in style, accidentally click 'awesome' on Hypatia's post, then learn you can 'un-awesome' by clicking it again. Stylish.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Hmm, plenty of time to decide if I'm in or not. I want to be. I very much want to be, it all falls down to my wife's employment state.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I recently joined the forum (April), should I wait until the 2013 Holiday season to participate? :)

Edit: To clarify: Is there a rule?!

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    Missed the deadline last year, but I sent the PM for this year's Santa Ho-Down

However, whoever pulls my card for this year, please be advised: instead of sending me a gift, pick out something sweet for my daughters (a pair of nerdy 4-year-old twins). my future Secret Santa can PM me (anonymously or no) for more details.

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I recently joined the forum (April), should I wait until the 2013 Holiday season to participate? :)

Edit: To clarify: Is there a rule?!

It was recently edited into the OP:
    You must have been a member of the PA forum community for at least 4-6 months. Exceptions may be made if you are very active within the community, but this is just to prevent people from being completely lost because there's nothing about you available for stalking.

You're probably fine, but run it by Hypatia first if you're unsure.

If you join and don't think there's enough out there for your Santee to stalk, you could always make a hint post in the thread (most people do this anyway to some degree), toss up an Amazon wishlist, or start trying to seed hints into your post history. I had to do that my first year because I was a lurker that mostly only posted in one thread.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Hm. I'll probably dwell on it over the weekend. Thanks for the update. I looked at the OP but missed that portion. I'd like to make it fun for someone to figure out something through stalking. At any rate, my fiancee would probably have a ton of fun joining me with finding a gift for someone if I join in.

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • Options
    Hm. I'll probably dwell on it over the weekend. Thanks for the update. I looked at the OP but missed that portion. I'd like to make it fun for someone to figure out something through stalking. At any rate, my fiancee would probably have a ton of fun joining me with finding a gift for someone if I join in.

Anyone who mentions being on the fence is always told the same thing: Join ussss. :P

mGw85.jpg

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Signed up for this and the CF secret santa. I am so excited! I love giving presents. I also love to give them early, so I'll probably be shipping to my santee as soon as i get everything coordinated. Now to get a santee. And ideas.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hi, Santa,

I play games on the computer. I have a steam account (steamid g0oseyourself) and a PS3 (my 360 is borked). I also like sports a lot (in fact most of the games I play on ps3 are sports games). I'm a New York Giants, NY Yankees, and NY Knicks. I like funny movies, some dramas, no horror games or movies please. Not my thing.

Also, here's my amazon wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/VHNMMQVKH42B

Thanks!

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I haven't done a traditional GT Secret Santa for many years since I've been in nurse anesthesia residency. Of course, now I have money and am graduated.

So I'm in.

I think the last one I got Bombardier a PA T-Shirt with his Forum Handle across the back like a jersey, I'm pretty sure he liked it? Is that dude even still around?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Yay! Secret Santa time again. I missed last year due to unforeseen circumstances. So in!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Can't wait to get that special PM and start stalking the crap out of some lucky santee.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I loved the hell out of this back in 2008 when I did it last and my girl told me I should go for it again. Should be great!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I haven't done a traditional GT Secret Santa for many years since I've been in nurse anesthesia residency. Of course, now I have money and am graduated.

So I'm in.

I think the last one I got Bombardier a PA T-Shirt with his Forum Handle across the back like a jersey, I'm pretty sure he liked it? Is that dude even still around?

Haven't heard that name in a long ass time, but I do remember that gift. Were you also the guy who got him that Dead Space gun?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I did it last year for the first time and it was pretty fun. Of course, my Santee promptly disappeared forever. Santa's cool though.

Aw shucks. You were pretty cool for putting up with the hiccups in my little game. I had a great time with it all.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    harvest wrote: »
    Signing up for the third year. I like to think that my last two santees were more than satisfied with the things I got for them, let's do it a third time!

Dude, I am STILL working my way through your massive library-sized gift. I hope I made it appropriately clear how thrilled I was/am.

minor incident on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Signing up for the third year. I like to think that my last two santees were more than satisfied with the things I got for them, let's do it a third time!

Dude, I am STILL working my way through your massive library-sized gift. I hope I made it appropriately clear how thrilled I was/am.

What'd you end up getting? My curiosity is piqued

• Options

@Harvest sent me a box full of Transmetropolitan graphic novels. Like, all of them. Also a bunch of Planetary.

Probably well over 10,000 pages of comics all told. So big the poor cardboard box it was shipped in had almost disintegrated.

• Options
    I did it last year for the first time and it was pretty fun. Of course, my Santee promptly disappeared forever. Santa's cool though.

Aw shucks. You were pretty cool for putting up with the hiccups in my little game. I had a great time with it all.

I actually checked Google Maps again recently, to see if they had updated their street view. That one furniture store across the street that we could have had an issue with is finally updated with a recent photo with their new name.

But yeah, that was pretty damn fun. The games were pretty damned fantastic, and the Starbucks was also delicious. So many hot chocolates.

Anyway, I need to do a little more number crunching to see if I can participate this year, but here's hoping!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular

@Harvest sent me a box full of Transmetropolitan graphic novels. Like, all of them. Also a bunch of Planetary.

Probably well over 10,000 pages of comics all told. So big the poor cardboard box it was shipped in had almost disintegrated.

I remember that one! I loved both the series so it was cool to see someone who had never read them get the complete series :)

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh man. I just had the best idea for making my gift giving a bit more interesting this year. Just have to hope I get a suitable Santee for it to work!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LouieLouie Registered User regular
    I'm on the fence about signing up.... I know I should as I really feel like I gifted like a champ in 2009 and 2010. Plus absolute zero got me a great gift in 2010 which I still feel guilty about not using more than a handful of times (note to Santa if I do join, I'm the type of guy who really wants to like driving games but in reality doesn't .....).

Maybe I should dig out the Santa cyclops and that will help me make my decision.

camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Formulating ideas in my head for my future santee. Got some ideas for shipping presents, and some for digital if they live in $Uzbekistan shipping territory.
    Apologies to those who may live in Uzbekistan and know that shipping isn't really expensive, I don't know, I've never shipped there. It's just really far away.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    elkatas wrote: »
    Message sent. The most hypnotic and arguably also scariest santa in whole Penny-Arcade has joined in. :)

Santa Elkatas was my Santa last year, and it was great. This guy had me pegged for awesome things to gift.

As for me, I am totally in. Totes-ma-goats. I think I did a bad job on gift choice last year, so I am out and looking for vengeance..errrr....redemption.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I wasn't going to sign up this year simply because I've been quite busy with work and inactive on the forums these past several months.

Then I remembered that it's fucking G&T Secret Santa, and I can't resist.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Note to my Santa: Please, no board games

You can send his to me, instead.

Board games are super rad. It's a damn shame they're marked up so much here in Canada, compared to the US. The American version of Amazon makes me jealous.

• Options
    @Figgy, you live in Canada? I was unawares. If you are my santee, prepare to be boarded!
    :winky:

• Options
    @Figgy, you live in Canada? I was unawares. If you are my santee, prepare to be boarded!
    :winky:

Uh oh.

Hamilton area.
    Work in NF.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Figgy wrote: »
    Note to my Santa: Please, no board games

You can send his to me, instead.

Board games are super rad. It's a damn shame they're marked up so much here in Canada, compared to the US. The American version of Amazon makes me jealous.

The missus and I are getting into boardgames and while they're despairingly expensive, the quality, wholesome fun-times they create are worth it. Nothin' feels near as satisfying as feeding your spouse lies and half-truths in LCGs when asked for advice or if she's talking out some stratagem, for my own selfish gain. Having fun with deception is where board games and LCGs shine

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Holy shit I missed that last year. I would kill for that. I love graphic novels but never have the capital to get into any.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    My PA bookmark takes me right to my, well, bookmarks. I'm glad I went looking for this one. I love our Secret Santa. :) If anybody is making festive avatars and wants to take a whack at Beaker I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll switch back to elf Sisko from last year.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Talked my wife, the insanely talented @kitsunekari, into joining and she's happy to have been accepted. Send her all the gag gifts.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    KitsunekariKitsunekari Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Talked my wife, the insanely talented @kitsunekari, into joining and she's happy to have been accepted. Send her all the gag gifts.

You are a terrible husband. >>

• Options
    EvilBadman just wants double presents!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Talked my wife, the insanely talented kitsunekari, into joining and she's happy to have been accepted. Send her all the gag gifts.

You are a terrible husband. >>

I hope you like beef jerky, bleach, and books!

I'm excited to see quite a few newcomers and returning participants following an absence this year. My Santee from my first year was a first-timer that didn't show up again. I had a first-timer last year too, but he still has time to sign up.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    PM sent! I am in like Flynn!

Can't wait to stalk my santee again this year!