Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    MintMint Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Okay Just signed up...

I am a causal lurker on the PA guilds but I am always on this time of year and around til pax east.
    Summers get stupid busy for me and well lead up to pax prime hurts to much to be on pa forums.

If this excludes me that's okay...

but if not:
    Santa,

I have a steam account (seamint) and am fully play gw2 and in my little spare time pokemon b/w2
    I love playing board games with my friends and would like maybe a copy of galaxy trucker or space alert
    or even some wall art, cookies or something on my steam wishlist.

Thank you

Mint on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Sent my application. I felt bad about not giving my Santee as much as I wanted to last year, so this time I prepared in advance. You're in for a treat, mystery Santee!

• Options
    KitsunekariKitsunekari Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Talked my wife, the insanely talented kitsunekari, into joining and she's happy to have been accepted. Send her all the gag gifts.

You are a terrible husband. >>

I hope you like beef jerky, bleach, and books!

I'm excited to see quite a few newcomers and returning participants following an absence this year. My Santee from my first year was a first-timer that didn't show up again. I had a first-timer last year too, but he still has time to sign up.

Mmmmm......beef jerky....

I was actually nervous to try to participate, as I've been a member here for 2 years but have never really posted, because I find it hard to....unshy myself into posting places. But I was added to the participants list so yay lol.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Just like every year, I'm IN on this. i love this kinda thing!
    Talked my wife, the insanely talented kitsunekari, into joining and she's happy to have been accepted. Send her all the gag gifts.

I'm excited to see quite a few newcomers and returning participants following an absence this year. My Santee from my first year was a first-timer that didn't show up again. I had a first-timer last year too, but he still has time to sign up.

I was actually nervous to try to participate, as I've been a member here for 2 years but have never really posted, because I find it hard to....unshy myself into posting places. But I was added to the participants list so yay lol.

Just be aware, that by bleach, he doesnt mean the anime. he means Clorox.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular

I used to be (more of) a Lurker until I joined the 2010 Secret Santa. This thread is pretty much always ultra-friendly and constantly radiating Christmas Cheer, so it's an unintimidating place to get your posting legs.

If you're worried about your Santa not having much to go on, a lot of people make hint posts with their general interests after Santees are sent out.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I didnt even notice this sticky until now

need to see where I'm at financially this week because I really wanna participate. had to miss out last year

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I sent in my PM to participate! I am excite!

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Man, still two whole weeks before stalking can begin! If I get some spare time this morning I may brush up my skills on some poor, unsuspecting fellow

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    I too would like board games. However i like short and sweet. And zombies. I did not like catan.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Board games are cool and something I'd like to get into, but at the same time none of my friends play them so they probably wouldn't be very fun for me.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm hoping that in the near future the wee one gets to where he sleeps through the night dependably and we can restart nerd night at my house for friends and I.
    Fingers crossed!
    Never got to play Fury of Dracula yet.
    /squirm

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just signed up after watching The Lookout and not going to bed even though I have work in the morning.

New motto, "But if I don't do it now, I'll never get around to it."

Happy hunting!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Yay! Gifting season is back.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i kind of wonder if gabe tycho and khoo are going to join into this one?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    Khoo is likely, but I don't think Gabe & Tycho have joined for at least two years.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Khoo is always welcome. At least he says thanks for the gifts.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    If anyone is making festive sigs, could you do mine pretty please?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Alright you motherfuckers it is about to get holly jolly up in this bitch. I'm festive as fuck, and I am in.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I actually botched an order I placed early in the year, so if the stars align right I can really shower my Santee with stuff. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to hit up other Santas to see if I can't slip myself into a little holiday Ménage à Trois.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What happens if there is an odd number of participants? Who joins in/sits out?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I don't think it's possible to have an odd man out. Imagine it as a conga line where the first person in the line grabs on to the last person to make a circle. The person you're hanging on to is your Santee and the one hanging on to you is your Santa.

If you ever peek in on SE++'s Secret Santa, someone usually keeps track of the gift chains. It's pretty neat to see, especially when complete circles start forming.

Edit: dumb analogy replaced with a slightly more dumb analogy.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ok, got permission from the parents to use their address for the secret santa thing, so I'm in.
    Let the jolliness commence.
    Wouldn't happen Cool, you're not assigned Secret Santas as partners, otherwise it would spoil the whole "Secret" part. I know one year names were sorted into groups of three with each person gifting the next in their group (A gifted B gifted C gifted A).

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Wow, I absolutely love PA Secret Santas. I know I'm not as active as I was 7 years ago, but I'm totally in. I can't miss out on this.

I friggin love when the forum comes together like this. You people are all amazing.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I remember you from previous years, Icemopper.

You're swell.

Come on into the fun!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Ok, got permission from the parents to use their address for the secret santa thing, so I'm in.
    Wouldn't happen Cool, you're not assigned Secret Santas as partners, otherwise it would spoil the whole "Secret" part. I know one year names were sorted into groups of three with each person gifting the next in their group (A gifted B gifted C gifted A).

Was it last year or the year before when the randomizer ended up grouping everyone into little gifting trios?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Was it last year or the year before when the randomizer ended up grouping everyone into little gifting trios?

Two years ago was when we had the love triangles.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    GREETINGS CHRISTMAS DONKEYS!!

I am Proxy.

The elf.

As things are about to get started, I would like to let everyone know that I'm here for you. Well, I mean, I'll do what I can...
    I have been created with the sole purpose of learning important personal information about santees. To [strike]sell on the interwebs[/strike] help santas be better.

I expect things may get busy with so many people participating, but I will do my best to accommodate everyones needs in the information gathering.

So feel free to PM me when you have your assignment and I shall find the information you seek. By asking your santee.
    Please use the following format for ease of prox...ing?

SUBJECT LINE: forum name (please be exact so I can copy and paste)

MESSAGE BOX:
    Insert your question here. It will be copy/pasted, so pretend like you're asking them yourself (without revealing your identity).

Please ensure that you replace the "forum name" with their handle on PA forums exactly, so I can easily copy and paste it to get your question out.
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

468slide1.jpg

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Unless I'm super dumb (completely possible), that's not how PMs work anymore. I can't find a subject line anymore anyway.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    You're not dumb, there really isn't a subject line anymore. Just recipients.

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Two years ago was when we had the love triangles.

And I don't think there were many of these triangles. I don't think I was in one, that is.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I am happy to be able to participate in this this year. I don't think I've done the G&T Secret Santa since like 2007 or 2008.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm thinking maybe Proxy's firmware hasn't been updated since the forum change?
    Or was that longer ago than I'm remembering?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    just treat the first line of the PM as a subject line. It gets fed in as the subject in your inbox.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Okay! As far as I know I have updated the OP with everyone who has sent me a PM so far.

* If you don't see your name, I might have missed your PM, please ping me again to remind me (although I might catch you on my sweep after sign-ups close)
    * The list will not be vetted until after sign-ups are closed, meaning some people might get removed from the list if they have a history of deadbeating, signed up for the forums only a month ago, etc.

• Options
    @Hypatia What about officially endorsing @Proxy the Elf in the OP this year? If Proxy is down with that, anyway.

Last year it seemed like there were a lot of people who didn't know about his services until they asked for a volunteer proxy in the thread.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    @Hypatia What about officially endorsing @Proxy the Elf in the OP this year? If Proxy is down with that, anyway.

Last year it seemed like there were a lot of people who didn't know about his services until they asked for a volunteer proxy in the thread.

Please do! Proxy wishes to spread maximum joy across the forums; it is my primary directive and sole cause for existence!
    Tell me your secretsssssssssssss...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Proxy looks a little creepy.

He freaks me out.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Proxy is definitely creeping me out this year, but if Santa vouches for him, then he's alright in my book.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Do you guys not watch Christmas specials or something?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    I'd love to join - I did not really participate over the last year in forums (mostly lurking) - so it's up to you if that's ok.

davidoc0.jpg