As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pathfinder & Other Tabletop RPGs] 1d6 Dragons Fall, Everyone Fries

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i should really start using gnomes more often. maybe instead of kobolds.

go clear those mines full of the gnome infestation.

yeah. yeah i like that.

Goddamn gnomes

If there's too many just collaspe the whole thing

Rather dig somewhere else than deal with them

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Fire truck, run a game irl
    I'll come and wear a dress
    We can all wear dresses and drink summer wines

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    pathfinder goblins are absolutely the best

Playing a goblin group right now, my DM is laughing at the idea of a goblin feral gnasher. Why, yes, that goblin does have a 3d6 bite natural attack, and yes, he gets to do that to initiate grapple attacks, and if grapple attacks succeed, and as a free action against grappled targets.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    there should be more action games based heavily on slow ponderous and obscure tabletop wargames.

Cases in point, Space Marine and also Mechwarrior Online.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    dwarves forever will be just tiny giants to me.

tumblrlokzj99yz31qemw30.jpg

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    watched fellowship of the ring again tonight

i like the idea of krogan being mass effect's orcs/dwarves

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    i should really start using gnomes more often. maybe instead of kobolds.

go clear those mines full of the gnome infestation.

yeah. yeah i like that.

Goddamn gnomes

If there's too many just collaspe the whole thing

Rather dig somewhere else than deal with them

Underground gnomes? Are you referring to the Sverfneblin?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    BYToady wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    pathfinder goblins are absolutely the best

Playing a goblin group right now, my DM is laughing at the idea of a goblin feral gnasher. Why, yes, that goblin does have a 3d6 bite natural attack, and yes, he gets to do that to initiate grapple attacks, and if grapple attacks succeed, and as a free action against grappled targets.

feral gnasher's are cool as heck and good without broaching overpowerdness

I just like the idea that this character can, with enough time, chew through mithral. Hardness 15

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I just like the idea that this character can, with enough time, chew through mithral. Hardness 15

uh

check out the Breaker rage power

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Fire truck, run a game irl
    I'll come and wear a dress
    We can all wear dresses and drink summer wines

This sounds lovely!
    Perhaps I will get enough time coming up to run some sort of online game. I have all this fantasy stuff rattling around in my brain. Problem is I also have this sorta ill-defined game in there that's a mashup of stuff I've seen in the cyberpunk thread and all this old blues music I've been listening to recently.

i was supposed to keep writing stuff after the tiny horse picture, but i got distracted.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    i was supposed to keep writing stuff after the tiny horse picture, but i got distracted.

Understandable.

This is the true power of tiny horses.

IKknkhU.gif
    look at how tiny it is!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    look at how tiny it is!

tumblr_lm7w13UB8V1qzs6oc.jpg

IKknkhU.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    but yeha, tiny horse is dwarves, regular horse giants.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Well, orc culture as described in mot DnD settings is pretty evil.

Also, i think I'm more just tired of the "evil gone good" that happens a lot.

It's old as hell, and everyone keeps trying to do a better job of it and I'm just bored of it.

But I'm bored of a lot of things. That's why i design around conflicts, not good and evil.

Yeah, but I don't go in for the "evil gone good" bullshit that's prewritten into most DnD fluff. ;) I much prefer to assume any race could be evil. So in my mind, there are some drow who are evil, but there are always drow in my world, or orcs, or githyanki or whatnot who are less evil and more good/unaligned (as general rules). And also whole enclaves of gnomes, elves, humans and more who are totally evil. Because while alignment can be stark, I don't think an entire race or species or whatever is. Culture is confined, for me, into place, not race.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Going to be retiring my character at the end of the current storyline. I'll be DMing most of Epic, but there's no real good way to write my character back in for a couple of levels, so I'm just going to have him move on and then when I'm playing again I'm going to roll something slightly different.

Unfortunately, the other DM will be the one playing our current Pacifist Cleric, so I won't be able to roll anything too terribly different, as I'll still need to be a leader.

Probably rolling either a Bard (either Skald or regular), or an Ardent.

Also considering a gnome Resourceful (lazy) Warlord, or maybe a half-elf warpriest.

The only thing that's off the table is Sentinel and Shaman because my girlfriend is playing a Druid MC Shaman and is basically the primal character and I don't want her to feel like I'm stepping on her toes and also I just don't really feel inspired to play one.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    How do you psychologically torture a hardened assassin and soul-thief?

Apparently by magically giving him a sense of empathy and remorse.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682

. . . Angel from Buffy?

Worse yet, make give him a sense of empathy and then make him relive the last moments of each of his victims over and over for a thousand years.

Kalnaur wrote: »

. . . Angel from Buffy?

also Spike, eventaully

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I love so much about mage except when I actually have to use the rules.

That part kinda sucks.

i am currently trying to think of ways to put gnomes in as cannon fodder enemies without making it seem forced. goblins i tend to use like smarter vermin. they're clever, but they breed like fucking rabbits so you will never be rid of them all, but gnomes, this is a bigger stretch to make.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Easy, the Gnomes have innovated, and gotten military goals in mind. With their inventiveness, they've started to arms themselves for war, rampaging through lesser armies with their superior technology such as repeating crossbows and magically enhanced armors.

.....we are talking about inventor-y gnomes right? Not boring feywild-ish gnomes.

...totally writing down that idea anyways.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Mass enchantment that causes them to vanish via whatever magics you want when they go down. Dead, dying or disabled they're automatically teleported back to their base of operations to be patched up and sent out again. They can also voluntarily activate it, of course, that would be admitting failure, so they're not as willing to just leave at the first sign of trouble.

Maybe the PCs will start recognizing them after a few attacks by the same gnomes.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    They'll also have a reason to look into dimensional anchors and such to deal with them.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited January 2013
    Mass enchantment that causes them to vanish via whatever magics you want when they go down. Dead, dying or disabled they're automatically teleported back to their base of operations to be patched up and sent out again. They can also voluntarily activate it, of course, that would be admitting failure, so they're not as willing to just leave at the first sign of trouble.

Maybe the PCs will start recognizing them after a few attacks by the same gnomes.

Wait so they're tiny necrons?

Der Waffle Mous on

Wait so they're tiny necrons?

When the PCs hit level 20, all the gnomes they fight are also liches.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    no, those suggestions make the gnomes seem like something.

think of how traditional kobolds are treated. I'm trying to figure a way to make gnomes that.

because fuck gnomes.

wait, maybe make them like rabid animals that roam the streets at night.

so i can recreate night of the living dead, but with gnomes.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    If you want gnomes people hate, just make them Kender.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    like, the hollow chocolate eggs?

A race of kleptomaniac halflings from Dragonlance.

Had their own randomized table for 'shit I stole and didn't even know about'.

Battletag BYToady#1454
    that sounds dumb. i think i'd rather them be raccoon

A buddy of mine played in a Dragonlance game where a bunch of tinker gnomes had built a battlemech. A Warhammer, specifically.

It was glorious.

quick question people who still play 4e: Melee rangers, is the strength build used much or has the scout pretty much filled all your melee ranger needs?

Kalnaur wrote: »

. . . Angel from Buffy?

Also Spike, eventually.

Have yet to get to that.

Spike does
    far less pointless crying about it though.

quick question people who still play 4e: Melee rangers, is the strength build used much or has the scout pretty much filled all your melee ranger needs?

Nah Strength build is still pretty decent. Especially if you like thrown weapons. There's a crap ton of powers in Martial Power 2 that revolve around thrown weapons.

Also there's a few quick and easy ways to get thrown weapons that are pretty damn good if you don't mind devoting your weapon enchantment to it.

But you sort of have to choose. Because if you want to be straight melee/strength, then a double weapon of some kind is going to be cheaper and easier to manage than two separate weapons that each require their own enchantment. But if you're willing to deal with that, you can enchant one as a thrower and enchant the other as something more useful, and have lots of fun.

Also Rangers and Rogues both have this crazy awesome cool new thing as of MP2: minor action attack powers.

This discussion has been closed.