As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help buying small mailing boxes

TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop.TampaRegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend has been selling lots of small things on Etsy lately, and we've been mailing them with these boxes: Link

I've been looking into cheaper boxes with similar dimensions that we can buy in bundles. I've looked at Amazon (I have Prime), but either I suck at searching or nobody sells boxes of the right size there. Maybe there's a website for this stuff?

Turkey on

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I was pointed to uline as a good choice. Does anyone have experience with them?

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Well, uline is pretty good, used them for work supplies for years. I'm curious why you can't use the usps flat rate boxes though?

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Flat rate is really expensive. In most cases, you can ship via FedEx for less, and it's faster with tracking built in. I have a feeling the OP's girlfriend is primarily using just 1st class postage, making the shipping around $3-5.

These are actually on Amazon, though, since you have Prime. Just search for "small shipping box" or "shipping box" and check the dimensions. For example, these guys are 4x4x4 and about 50¢ each. However, most box companies are going to just have their own site, like uline. I ordered a pack of 100 record boxes from a box company, and it was cheaper than the Amazon equivalent.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    I've found that eBay is actually the cheapest place to buy shipping supplies in bulk. eg:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Shipping-Boxes-/109740/i.html?_catref=1

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    Would these work?

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone, we compared the box prices vs the sizes. She thought of looking into bubble mailers and Amazon had 100 pack bundles for about $10, and bubble wrap was also really cheap. Kinda funny we didn't think of it first, even though she gets Etsy stuff all the time on bubble mailers.

• Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    Don’t use bubble mailers if there is any chance the item could be damaged. USPS mail carriers who deliver to apartments will destroy the contents of a padded mailer by cramming it into a small mailbox to avoid delivering it to the door.

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    I get pissed off when places mail things to me that can be creased or bent in bubble mailers.