As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween 2012

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I maintain that the best Breaking Bad costume would be Hector.

ding

ding ding

ding ding ding ding

ding ding

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2012
    only someone else goes as christopher pike

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    bryan-cranston-hector.jpg

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok, that's a pretty great Jesse. Then again, that could be Aaron Paul. It sure looks like him.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    it's aaron paul and brian cranston (brian? bryan?)

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    It's him and Cranston is Hector

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

DXCdZ.gif

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    That...isn't Jesse? Jesus

edit: Ah

Drew-B on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Pretty excited for Halloween this year

as it is my 21st birthday

yesssss

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

DXCdZ.gif

I like to imagine that those two are basically best buds off camera

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Shocktoberfest rolls on. I watched two movies in a row tonight, which I realize at the end as I sit here feeling entirely drained that it may not have been the best idea

first up: Them (french horror film, not the one with giant ants). It was pretty interesting, I liked the entire buildup period and it was sufficiently creepy, but I wasn't pulled in by it. It was creepy but not scary, if that makes sense. What they did at the end didn't really do anything for me because I thought they hinted at it entirely too heavily throughout the film. That last shot was superb though.

After that was YellowBrickRoad. I... um.... Hm. This movie is really, really weird, and it was definitely way, way freakier than the other one. I felt the ending was kind of weak but there were enough moments throughout the film that I still came away really liking it. The buildup is pretty slow but when it turns, it turns really hard. When it finished I was kind of completely depressed, but horror movies by and large are not going to have happy endings. Hands-down favorite part? The "scarecrow." That was amazing.

freakish light on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

DXCdZ.gif

I like to imagine that those two are basically best buds off camera

I would not be surprised at all

Because they are both really funny dudes and both seem to be super friendly

• Options

DXCdZ.gif

I seriously cannot stop watching this

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I'm trying to figure out how to get a costume of The Corinthian to work.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Flay wrote: »

you could wear sunglasses but draw teeth on your eyelids

close your eyes and pop off your sunglasses to spook people

you'd really have to wear a wig or bleach your hair, though

I mean unless you're an albino

Shorty on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait you mean you guys don't all have teeth for eyes?

Maybe... maybe I should go to a doctor

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Shorty wrote: »
    Flay wrote: »

you could wear sunglasses but draw teeth on your eyelids

close your eyes and pop off your sunglasses to spook people

you'd really have to wear a wig or bleach your hair, though

I mean unless you're an albino

That's what I figured. The only alternative I could think of was to buy a pair of fake teeth and find a way to glue them on that doesn't make me blind

Flay on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I honestly have no clue what I'd wear for Halloween this year.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    me neithers

poo
  • Options
    I could very easily pull off PSY, but that just feels like phoning it in at this point.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    But you have an ass to scream at

• Options
    Shit you're right, I might have an edge

• Options
    v25C7.jpg%5B

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Gatsby you don't look like Psy at all!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Listen it's once every decade Asian dudes get the chance for a costume that will be internationally recognised.

Let me have this.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Gatsby you could dress up as any Asian dude ever and we'd think you were the spitting image

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Anyway. Muse is busy doing fun things so here I am happily presenting you all with

Halloweenapalooza Day 3

I debated a lot about what film to pick today. I know last year I recommended the Japanese film Kairo (which frankly still scares the pants off of me) but I don't want to do that again. However I do want to keep things ghostly for the time being. That in mind, here is a scene from the Korean horror film A Tale of Two Sisters. Warning - there is some puke, some screaming and some general creepiness. However, I don't feel that watching this particular scene takes away from the movie as a whole, and the trailer is boring and a bit crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4PeEHlTJA

A Tale of Two Sisters is probably not the best ghost movie out there in the world but it's stylish and enjoyable to watch (if your idea of enjoyment is saying "OH GOD WHAT" and jumping out of your seat or having your skin crawl). It's pretty firmly in the horror genre - no comedy here like in The Frighteners, and it has its share of moments of creepy gruesomeness. However, it's not a gorefest, so if too much bloodshed and flying organs freaks you out you'll probably still be in the clear watching this one. It is based on an old Korean fairytale whose title loosely translates as The Tale of Rose Flower And Red Lotus. The original story has a lot of parallels to stories in Western folklore such as The Juniper Tree - a man with daughters remarries a wicked stepmother, horrible tragedy ensues, revenge is attained. The film is different in lots of ways, but I won't spoil it here for anyone. Anyway! The movie has lots of style and, I think, is really well-acted, so check it out or just watch the clip at night with the lights off and pee a little.

Next up, a song selection also about a ghost. Or at least, very clearly narrated by a ghost. It's along the lines of The Decemberists' Leslie Anne Levine, so if you like that but prefer a more folk/country feel, you may enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MyxnvEJeI

And lastly, your ghost story for the day is the above-mentioned Juniper Tree by the Brothers Grimm. I like this story because it is, like so many fairy tales, just weird as all hell. It's got magic, evil stepmoms, decapitations, cannibalism - the works. And a happily ever after I guess? Because in the world of Grimm nobody needs a lifetime of therapy after their reincarnated ghost dead son sings kind of thing:

My mother, she killed me,
    My father, he ate me,
    My sister Marlene,
    Gathered all my bones,
    Tied them in a silken scarf,
    Laid them beneath the juniper tree,
    Tweet, tweet, what a beautiful bird am I.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Halloween!

i have no ideas for costumes, but at least my avatar is festive now.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i will also be sorely disappointed if this isn't in the new beauty thread OP.
    hatersbatman.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    i think i've decided on a costume

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMO3Swfc4FA

there's a part where he's wearing a regular white shirt with the nike logo on it and i can't find it anywhere

maybe if i can find that sweet yellow shirt he's wearin but that seems even more difficult

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    there's a part where he's wearing a regular white shirt with the nike logo on it and i can't find it anywhere

it's pretty easy to find places that will custom print a tshirt. Heck, go to google image search, search "nike logo", then go to cafepress.com and print your own.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

it's pretty easy to find places that will custom print a tshirt. Heck, go to google image search, search "nike logo", then go to cafepress.com and print your own.

TACOS

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    i was thinking of just finding a decent quality picture of the logo and doing an iron on if worse comes to worse

which it probably will

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Mysst wrote: »

TACOS

I think it needs a period.

TACOS.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

TACOS

I think it needs a period.

TACOS.

I dunno, I feel that takes away some of the ambiguity

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think this Saturday I will take a walk through GoodWill and see if anything jumps out at me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I think this Saturday I will take a walk through GoodWill and see if anything jumps out at me.

Then on Halloween, you should walk through GoodWill and jump out at people.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Dress up as this dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »

Then on Halloween, you should walk through GoodWill and jump out at people.

Great idea! What possibly could go wrong!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Actually, now I'm thinking "a clothing rack from Goodwill" could b an alright costume.