Options

HELP! Trying To Remember Name Of Old PC Game

hereyagohereyago Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Games and Technology
It is a PC game that probably came out about 10 years+ ago. I would REALLY like to play this game again but I can't seem to remember the name of the game :(. Been searching for it for the past 3 years.

Things I remember:
- I believe the whole game was under water.
- It was set in some time in the future I think.
- You control some UFO looking ship/submarine underwater
- You collect points/gold/parts/? by destroying sea creatures and other AI crap or opponents underwater.
- With the collected points/gold/parts you can either upgrade your ship or build smaller helper ships that fight for you or with you
- Could be a foreign game. Japanese or Korean. I believe I played a demo version of it in some CD I received from a korean pc game magazine.
- Played on win 95 or 98 or xp. I think I had win 98 back then.
- I remember some sort of a boss fight with a giant octopus?
- I believe you had some missions but you could just go around exploring and killing crap for points/gold/parts.
- I believe it was 2D. More like 2.5D like starcraft, but it wasn't an RTS. You only controlled 1 big ship that moved around, which was kinda like your command center.

I will update it with more info as I recall more info. But please help.

hereyago on

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Was it 2D or 3D? If it's 3D, it might be AquaNox.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    I believe it was 2D. More like 2.5D like starcraft, but it wasn't an RTS. You only controlled 1 big ship that moved around, which was kinda like your command center.

Not 3D like AquaNox.

Thank you for the reply though.

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Hm. X-Com: Terror from the deep is isometic and set underwater/in the future, but I'm not sure if it had you battling sea creatures or fighting things with your sub. Unfortunately, that's the only idea I have left.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Hm. X-Com: Terror from the deep is isometic and set underwater/in the future, but I'm not sure if it had you battling sea creatures or fighting things with your sub. Unfortunately, that's the only idea I have left.

That's ok. I am starting to think that it was some old south korean game that was never released. Or it was released but with limited distribution. fuckkkkkkkkk never going to find this game now. it was so much better than the crap i have access to now.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Terror from the Deep is the first thing I thought of as well, I remember an old PC Gamer CD or something like that that had a demo for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xya6T2DGGRc

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    If you remember aliens underwater, then that is it.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    TFTD does not sound like his description at all.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I know this game because my friend used to play it. I just texted him to see what it was called, but he hasn't texted me back yet. I swear it was like Dr. something's something. It starts with a Dr. or maybe it was a Mr.?

edit: Is it In Search of Dr. Riptide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0DaysKdU0

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Wondering if you ever figured it out?

Steam: offday