As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[iOS] Speed Kittens, fighter pilot kittens crashing into each other!

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited October 2012 in Indie Games
Hey!

My name is Christopher Schwab and I just wanted to show y’all the game my brother and I have just released worldwide on the App Store! It is called Speed Kittens, and a trailer/description is below. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, I hope y'all like Speed Kittens! Let me know if y'all have any questions about Speed Kittens or app development or whatever and I will try to answer them!

Oh ya, and here are some PROMO CODES!
WLYPXLPNKTRW
JTFRFKKMJWTF
KWPWF7AJ394L
LJJW6W7TYW3A
YFWFWPR6XFAY

landingpagebanner2copdgead.png

To us humans an action packed world where kittens take to the sky on jet packs, sky boards, and makeshift wings with paw-spun propellers to crash into zeppelins and each other may just seem like a dream. In the world of Speed Kittens, however, this is reality. If you have ever seen a kitten on a jet pack, you've probably noticed how clueless they can be when it comes to hot shot aviation. Luckily, they have you!

A typical scene in Speed Kittens will have kittens flying around aimlessly or free-falling, with zeppelins speeding by. Uh-oh! A zeppelin is getting close to escaping! Quickly you tap and hold onto a kitten. Next, while still holding, you use your cat-like reflexes to dodge two other careless kittens about to crash into your feline ace. You have the shot now, you make a long swipe towards the zeppelin and release, launching the kitten. Nice shot! Thanks to your sniper aim another bottle of milk is saved.

Speed Kittens is compatible with iPhone (3GS or newer) and iPod touch (3rd generation or newer).

screenshot1q8eyh.png

Check out the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mcai9o4IVc

Check out the website: http://www.speedkittens.com

Get Speed Kittens for $0.99 now on the App Store! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speed-kittens/id550553734?ls=1&mt=8

Tube on

• Options
    greymaygreymay Registered User new member
    I'm the dev and this space is reserved for my updates!

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Thanks, I used the second code. I've only played a bit but flinging kittens is pretty entertaining . It could use a bit more variety in the early levels but seems well worth 99 cents

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Thanks for the post Tube! No problem taliosfalcon, glad you like it!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I always love flinging things. Sadly, I have an android phone. Any port plans?

• Options
    BushiBushi Registered User regular
    I redeemed the first code. Apparently I suck at flinging kittens, but I get the feeling it'd be better with a stylus. It definitely seems like a really solid dollar ap.

• Options
    Hey y'all!

Just letting you know that Speed Kittens just went FREE with a huge update! There are a new level mode with 50 levels, new cats (including a zombie kitten), and an improved UI/Menu.

I hope you like it!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speed-kittens/id550553734?mt=8

• Options
    FamousAspectFamousAspect Indie Game Developer San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I downloaded the game this morning and played for a bit. Here is some constructive criticism based on my session:
    * There's a lot going on in the background - which initially made it difficult to tell what was foreground. Is it possible to do something to the art (like maybe outlines) to help differentiate the two more?
    * I have to be honest, I'm confused why my kittens start moving when I'm trying to do the slingshot motion? It makes it hard to aim. I expect them to keep moving along their course until I fire them.
    * UI needs a better placement so it is not covering active gameplay.
    * Aiming covers up the battlefield with my finger, making it harder to see what I'm aiming at. Perhaps the Angry Birds method of pulling back to aim would work better.

As an fyi - the trailer linked in the original post is gone. Thanks for making this game and sharing! Best of luck.

enhancedwars.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for playing FamousAspect! Thanks for the advice too, I read your article on Punch Quest awhile ago and that helped me alot.

-Outlines are a good idea we have had a problem with people finding cats on their first try.

-They move after you grab them so that you are able to dodge/change launch angle. It adds a cool element and we really wanted people to be able to do crazy dodges and feel like a ninja :)

-You can turn the arrows off, we made them to explain launching kittens at various speeds and give a little visual feedback. So are you thinking put the score/lives in a corner or something?

-That would be interesting to see how pulling back changes the gameplay. I think it would help for new players, but as you get better you can really shoot fast with our aiming style.

Thanks so much for the advice! We do need to change something about the gameplay that's for sure.