As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Powergirl

• Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    And more: check out the first Power Girl sketch on this page at Adam Hughes's site: http://www.justsayah.com/pages/AHpg13.html#

It's my favorite AH sketch of her.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    The acting is terrible, the music is terrible, but Power Girl looks perfect.

I thought "Dinah" was pronounced "die-na" and not "dean-a"

Hold on there, son. Several of the songs on those videos are by Yoko Kanno (from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack). Innappropriate for the video? Possibly. Terrible? There's no such thing as a bad Yoko Kanno song, much less a terrible one.

I don't remember what they sound like but I was mainly talking about Sum41

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Very Justice League Unlimited-ish.

uh.. ya that would make sense since bruce timm did it

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The acting is terrible, the music is terrible, but Power Girl looks perfect.

I thought "Dinah" was pronounced "die-na" and not "dean-a"

Hold on there, son. Several of the songs on those videos are by Yoko Kanno (from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack). Innappropriate for the video? Possibly. Terrible? There's no such thing as a bad Yoko Kanno song, much less a terrible one.

I don't remember what they sound like but I was mainly talking about Sum41

Ah, if it's just Sum41, you may be right. And you're definitely right about the actress playing Power Girl, though her voice isn't really what I expected.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It was also kind of weird that a video made by fans had Bizarro sounding like the Hulk.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    Very Justice League Unlimited-ish.

uh.. ya that would make sense since bruce timm did it

Well, I'm pretty stupid. I probably should have mentioned that in that post. Sorry about not pointing that out ahead of time. /sarcasm

Yeah, I don't have much experience with JLU, so I really don't know who worked on the show. And considering I didn't look at any other pictures until after your comment, I assumed it was just an homage.

Also, a custom made Pre-School Power Girl toy:

1.jpg

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well. Thanks. Clawing eyes out.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Power Girl had a solo ongoing at one point, right? I wish she'd get as big a push as Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman are over at Marvel. I'd definitely add her solo book to my pull list,

In situations such as these, that's a fairly awkward term there.

You know, I hear about Power Girl a lot, but I don't know much about her besides that she used to be Supergirl and then the various Crisii and DC continuity madness did stuff to her. What about her personality is so appealing beyond the cheesecake.

And on that note, why ARE they so big, even for a comic book woman's?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2007
    Power Girl had a solo ongoing at one point, right? I wish she'd get as big a push as Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman are over at Marvel. I'd definitely add her solo book to my pull list,

In situations such as these, that's a fairly awkward term there.

You know, I hear about Power Girl a lot, but I don't know much about her besides that she used to be Supergirl and then the various Crisii and DC continuity madness did stuff to her. What about her personality is so appealing beyond the cheesecake.

1) She wasn't Supergirl, per se. She was Earth 2 Superman's cousin, so she was Supergirl without being named Supergirl.

2) She's kind of like Wonder Woman, except she doesn't take shit. At least from what I've read.

3) Her tits are so big because when she first appeared, the artists would increase her chest size every month until someone noticed.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Power.

august on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    power girls tits are so big, captain marvel could tittyfuck her

and i would buy that video so many times

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    birds20of20prey20ogleqc7.jpg

gross

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Blech! God, are those muscles or tumors?

Blargh!

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yeah. DC paid someone money to draw that. Good money.

It's a good thing that all the other pics in that article are made of win and boobs.

august on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Glenn Fabry's usually pretty good. Still, I actually liked how Bart Sears drew Power Girl, with some definition in her arms, but not freakish looking. I hate how so many female superheroes just don't look physically capable.

Munch on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah, Glenn Fabry's pretty hit or miss

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Finally she gets some much deserved attention....... (spoiler for JSA #4)
    JSA #4 - she is given the position of chairman- er chairperson of the JSA as Mr. terrific leaves for checkmate. It is her show to run.

Bitching. I wonder how that will work out with her being pretty hot headed and all.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hebawhat?
    So your telling me that Jay, Alan and Wildcat ALL die in JSA #4!?

Seriously though, odd decision.I mean, I'm all for PG getting more spotlight, but, chairperson of the JSA?

Transporter on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hebawhat?
    So your telling me that Jay, Alan and Wildcat ALL die in JSA #4!?

Seriously though, odd decision.I mean, I'm all for PG getting more spotlight, but, chairperson of the JSA?

First off...Thanks

Second...
    What the hell? No..nobody died. Chairperson doesnt mean leader or anything, but she does speak for the group in public and such.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    powergirlrayut8.jpg

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You can tell it's a 'shop because he's not doing a thumbs up.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited March 2007
    okay, that's funny

Whippy on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    supergirl8.jpg

supergirlclonecestej0.png

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    powergirlrayut8.jpg

why Power Girl, what reflective boobies you have

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Didn't Nazi Germany lose both WW's? I'm seeing alot of blonde hair+blue eyed "Supermen/women" running around in DC.

If not for Sentry Marvel would be free and clear of any Nazi lover jokes. Yet another reason why that character is stupid.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I...

but...

what?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just ignore Caveman, Keith.

He has an affliction.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    ENERjAKzeroENERjAKzero Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Didn't Nazi Germany lose both WW's? I'm seeing alot of blonde hair+blue eyed "Supermen/women" running around in DC.

If not for Sentry Marvel would be free and clear of any Nazi lover jokes. Yet another reason why that character is stupid.

Well DC does also have Captain Nazi....

but aside from that, there's also a whole mess of minority or gay (or in some cases both) characters running around as well. but I really wouldn't look too much into the "Rise of the Super Aryans over there"

ENERjAKzero on
    eZEROBanner.gif

Petey+Blanco.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    *Shrugs* I hadn't posted in a while (10+minutes). But yeah, Powergirl... um *reads over the last few pages* I guess it's all been said.

We just basically have to post pics of her jugs now huh?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while.

Fucking blondes should wear bags over thier heads.

august on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    ...yes?

Because everything I say here is 100% serious, and I stand by it to the death. To the death sir!
    Just tried to get a rise/laugh out of folks, if you're not cool with that feel free to "omg that's so stupid!" to your hearts content. That's what the internet is for after all.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Uh... Nazi party in WWI huh? Back to World History for you, young man.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Nazi's have been behind every war in the history of man. It's just kept secret by the illuminati. But I didn't tell you that.

*Never posts within an hour of waking up again*

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

but aside from that, there's also a whole mess of minority or gay (or in some cases both) characters running around as well. but I really wouldn't look too much into the "Rise of the Super Aryans over there"

Really? Which ones are gay and/or minorities?

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Really? Which ones are gay and/or minorities?

Renee Montoya's both!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Wait wait...we went from Power Girl to Nazi's, and now on gays? I can't keep up.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I think we went from Power Girl to gays to Power Girl to Nazis to minorities and gays

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Goddamned queer minority Nazi's.

supermanbatman27.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    that issue was what the fuck

Garlic Bread on