As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guild Wars 2 - now 30% off and also it's a free weekend or something

1474849505153»

• WAHWAH Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    @zay I wouldn't even bother with the dungeon this weekend. There's a bug right before the boss fight where you can't progress further. :)

WAH on
    STEAM | GW2: hamdoughnuts.7359
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    guild wars 2 :)

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I love my D/D build because it's so much fun to use. And I can swap to staff and scepter as necessary depending on the fight.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Usagi
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'll be back playing Sunday night

i'm looking forward to getting back to my storyline though

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I haven't played enough of my ele to know much about how to play him well, but I do know that earth magic is the coolest magic.

JtgVX0H.png
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Crossposted from GnT thread:

GUILD BLOG LOTTERY FOR SHOW-OFFS

Missed out on lottery opportunities due to a lack of time or funds or a general unwillingness to put actual cash on the line? Well, make sure you don't miss this opportunity to enter a lottery that won't cost you a copper!

THE PRIZES
    1. Main Prize – 25 gold
    2. Bonus Prize Alpha – Desert Rose Backpiece Skin + 10 Unidentified Dyes
    3. Bonus Award Omega – 33 Globs of Ectoplasm – OFFICERS ELIGIBLE!

THE CATCH
    Now, it does involve a fair bit of work. Essentially, you must write up a post for the Guild Blog (http://gw2nice.tumblr.com) about one of your characters. A main, an alt, it doesn't matter who you choose – what matters is what you need to include. I'd prefer level 80 characters as you'll have proper builds and information that will make better guides.

A sample post of what I'm looking for can be found here: http://gw2nice.tumblr.com/post/63458385528/nice-member-profile-vivalicious-the-guardian – feel free to use this as a guide.

(Don't worry about the graphics or the effects - just send me a raw screenshot and I'll apply the extras!)

Mandatory to include:
    1. Your character's name and your main IGN if different (i.e., main's name, account name, forum name, etc).
    2. Screenshot of your character (max width 500 px – or I can crop it for you).
    3. Short write-up about who they are or how they got their name or why you love this character enough to do a post about them – you can go full RP-mode with this if you like and write a little biography. Specify if you focus on PvE, WvW, or sPvP (or a combination thereof).
    4. A link to the build you use on http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ - please be as complete as possible and try to include things like runes/accessories.
    5. Follow with a brief write-up on how to use your build and choose utilities/elites.

You have the option to include any extras you like - I will find a format that works for it all.

You may submit additional screenshots even after your post was initially accepted, however you must eventually choose ONE to be considered for Main Prize Alpha, and this has to be submitted to me prior to the deadline.

HOW TO ENTER
    Construct your post and send it to me via private message on the forums. Once I've seen it I will let you know if it's been accepted, in which case your name will be entered into the lottery.

Your post is going to be accepted if you put in a bit of effort and love. The idea is that it's a space for you to show off one of your toons while providing guidance for those who are as yet still far behind in that class or in the game. If there's a problem with your post that I can't immediately fix, I'll let you know and give you a shot at fixing it.

YOU MAY ENTER UP TO *THREE* CHARACTER POSTS FOR *THREE* SHOTS AT THE LOTTERY.

HOW TO WIN – MAIN PRIZE
    For a chance to win the main prize, all you have to do is be in the lottery, which means your post needs to be accepted. I'm happy to give feedback if your post isn't accepted (what's missing, etc) and help you fix it so that you will be in the running if you submit a post at all.

HOW TO WIN – BONUS PRIZE ALPHA
    The winner of this bonus prize (Desert Rose Backpiece Skin + 10 Unidentified Dyes) will be decided on by the Guild Officers, and will be judged based on your screenshot of your character. It could be the best dye combination, the funniest situation, the coolest pose, or a fun/interesting location that gives you the win. It must be max 500 px in width.

HOW TO WIN – BONUS AWARD OMEGA
    Since this is a content-generating endeavor to create more stuff for the blog, I'm tacking on an additional bonus that can be awarded to anyone – including any officers who submit posts. This is not an official "prize", but more of a token of my appreciation to say thank you for putting some real good effort into this content for the blog.

The winner will be decided on unilaterally by me, your informal Guild Blogger! Some criteria I'd be using to judge this is:
    - Is it useful as a source of information for others playing the same class?
    - Am I likely to link to it if someone had questions about this class or build?
    - Is it entertaining, memorable, and/or easy to read?

THE DEADLINE
    Your post must be received by Monday 21 October at 06:00 am (PST / server time) to qualify for any of the prizes. The drawing for the main prize will take place after all last-minute submissions have been checked. The drawing will be done in the same fashion as the Guild Lottery – via a diceroll on the forum.

(Yes, the deadline is a silly time. This is due to timezone and availability issues. Just submit when convenient prior to that day and time and you'll be fine.)

Officers will confer and determine a winner for Bonus Prize Alpha after the close of the lottery. The winner will be announced on the forum.

Once I'm done posting all the entries onto the blog properly, I will choose and announce the winner of Bonus Prize Omega.

IMPORTANT NOTES!
    - Lottery entrants will be tracked on this spreadsheet. Make sure your name is on there before the deadline to ensure you're in the draw!
    - Your post's private message timestamp will be how I verify that you submitted before the deadline.
    - If you've won the main prize, you will be ineligible to win the other prizes because we want to share the love around. If the post I deem the bestest happens to win the Main Prize, I will choose a second-place finisher to receive Bonus Award Omega.
    - Users who don't have a forum account can submit posts via others. If you don't want to do that or make your own forum account, you may message me via in-game mail letting me know and we will work out an alternative.

Got questions? Ask them in the forum thread. Make sure you tag me ( @Vivixenne ) to make sure I see your them!

Vivixenne on
    BobbleOghulkErics
    Hit 40 last night (actually got to 41).

Decided fuck salvaging, I don't get enough mats from them to offset the loss of money I'd gain from selling the items.

Although all the luck I get is nice.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Decided fuck salvaging, I don't get enough mats from them to offset the loss of money I'd gain from selling the items.

If salvaging the item gives wood, I think it may be worth it still.

Also Virtue of Justice spam is so much fun. It's made leveling ridiculously easy.

Also this is the new build setup I'm going for, and I really like the look of it.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

If salvaging the item gives wood, I think it may be worth it still.

:winky:

My plan is to salvage every green I get until I hit 150% MF. But I'm insane.

i'm doing that but only 100% because it scales wildly out of control

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Zay wrote: »
    i'm doing that but only 100% because it scales wildly out of control

Not that this is a bad choice, but for reference Viv actually has the right of it. Up to 150% the scaling is still within the gain you get from the increased magic find. Past 150% though is when the math starts suggesting it is no longer worth it.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    erics never ever talk to me about math i'll have you know math is bullshit and also dumb

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    WAHErics
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I am getting a new PSU soon, which means I can move into 21st century graphics, so this games runs in double digit fps!

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Ogh, when are you usually on? I just hit 40ish myself, we should run some stuff.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    I CAN PLAY FOR A BIT RIGHT NOW IF Y'ALL LIKE

Ogh, when are you usually on? I just hit 40ish myself, we should run some stuff.

i'm on weekdays after like 5 or 7, but i may not be playing as much this week cause of a few exams and the need to read

i'm on today though!

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Will they let me be a quaggan, yet? Because that will rope me back in

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

I mentioned wanting to be a quaggan earlier. They're a pretty cool race, along with the hylek.

JtgVX0H.png
    edited October 2013
    for the Guild Rush part of missions today we were all quaggans!

Vivixenne on
    Woo, hit level 60!

Vivixenne
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Having a bunch of fun playing this again, now we just need to move everyone to same small landmass so time zones stop being an issue ..... or, I quit work ..... hmmmm

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »

I mentioned wanting to be a quaggan earlier. They're a pretty cool race, along with the hylek.

I'd say you can almost guarantee that Quaggan/Hylek/Skritt will never be a playable race.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, there's a good bet Kodan are on that "won't ever happen" list, too. :(

So I hit 80 this weekend, and man.

I just cannot stay alive in group combat of any sort. I drop like a fly every few seconds, and it's crazy. I don't know what's going on at all, but I think for the most part I'm holding aggro on the majority of monsters in dungeons and such.

Here's my build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQFARlYgiDnGyOEf4EhNDAiw6Dx76BEjYDB for those interested.

Although to be fair, I haven't tried the build in a dungeon where I have meditations granting healing.

Also the Master tier meditation ability I have there grants fury with each meditation, updated with last week's patch.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    How's your armor/weapons/accessories? A full set of lv80 rare armor can be had for a few gold max, accessories around the same.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    my accessories aren't the best as of yet, but i've got full 80 masterwork gear and an exotic 80 GS

• mccartmccart Registered User regular
    A big part of it will just be learning how and when to dodge stuff, it takes a while and some deaths to get this down.

As for build, the "standard" Altruistic Healing build with shouts is very strong and a recommended starting point for guardians. The remaining 10 points I put in Virtues for longer consecrations since wall of reflection is incredibly powerful in a lot of situations.

• JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Aww yiss, level 80, did some wuvwuv, actually felt somewhat useful

Vivixenne
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    The base game of guild wars 2 is free now.

(Sorry to necro I searched and this was the first thread that popped up).

rhylith on
    Der Waffle MousRainfallgodmode