Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The worst kind of bootLoop

bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
1)Power on
2)get to GUI Windows 7 loading screen
3) Checkdisk needs to verify
4)get to 67k-ish file of 400k display quick message (something about delete file). Says Checkdisk has completed but really it just stops at the 67k-ish file.
5)reboot.
6)loop

I've got two keyboards plugged into the front+back, now both in back but everytime when Win7 is loading it DISABLES my keyboards so I can't hit a button to skip chkdsk. I got lucky once unplugging and plugging back in and as soon as it loaded it gave me a "Updates require reboot" dialog and promtply rebooted...starting the loop.

I boot to my Win 7 USB-HDD and it does the same thing.

What the poop.

bobsbarricades on

• AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    You could try booting from a Linux Live CD, it'll at least give you the chance to run some diagnostics.

Alecthar on
  • bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
    Talk about wonky. I have to do some weird keyboard voodoo in order to cancel the chkdsk but even after I do there aren't any ways to fix said problem. Got this on SPUF and I got the dirty confirm but it just ended up doing the same thing.

Disk Repair cd I made didn't work either. Hoping someone knows a way for me to get this fixed and not have to reformat. I'm real good with this thing and it'll be the 3rd reformat in 3 years...reminding me ever so powerfully why I like OSX.... (yes I take care on the software end - and if you can believe it I never torrent, use personal ID [even check email], look at the sexually profane or shady sites).