As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rebellion in a Dwarf Fortress: A [Mini][Phalla] - Commoners(Village) Win!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    And the slasher smile!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    :whistle: Hey everybody, did the news get around
    About a guy named Butcher Pete?
    Oh, Pete just flew into this town
    And he's chopping up all the meat
    :whistle:

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    The random gods say jdarksun

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Course I am! See the green face? You think that's a coincidence?
    That's an unnatural color for a dwarf. Are you sick?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Course I am! See the green face? You think that's a coincidence?
    That's an unnatural color for a dwarf. Are you sick?
    Never better! I found these rocks, and I ates them, and now when the blindness wears off, I feel so strong!
    Also, has anyone seen my beard? It keeps migrating around my head.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I don't have any grudges but I think MrTLicious deserves to be thrown out for *yawns**grumbles**walks off*

• Options
    Also, on the matter of lack of fresh water, can't we just mine the river and bring it near our hearth fires?

• Options
    Ale > water

• Options
    You need water to brew, clearly you're not a Dwarf and some kind of impostor as all Dwarves know how to brew instinctively.

• Options
    That would mean he's not a noble. ;)

• Options
    Don't need ne fresh water fer brewin'
    Takes the sickness right oot ah it.
    Look a me! I been brewin me own ale from dragon sweat and lava runoff, an I'm fit as a fireboar!

• Options
    That explains the smell.

• Options
    EY, I served ye three mugs of the dragonleak stout, and ye didn't say anything!
    Mostly due to bein passed out on the floor but me argument stands.

• Options
    Ye did no such thing! I brew my own stouts to increase my magick prowess, already caught ye in another lie!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    And I thought workin' with dead things produced a stench. Clearly I been mistook.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Ye did no such thing! I brew my own stouts to increase my magick prowess, already caught ye in another lie!
    Magic, eh?
    Sounds like a nobleman's pursuit.

• Options
    Pfft, them nobledwarves only care about gold and statues of themselves! Nay, me magicks have purpose all on their own.

Not that gold is a bad thing, mind you.

• Options
    These funny crystals I been eatin' make me mouth bleed somethin awful.
    Should... I should just drink more, yeah?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    premium wrote: »
    Day 1

Overseers Journal, 1 Moonstone, Year 645

Winter is just setting in, and the nearby stream has frozen over, killing our only source of fresh water. ...

Good thing brewing doesn't require water.

Unfortunately living does :P

Anyways, I'm immune to the vote, just FYI

A test, a test! kime. I'm helping!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Pfft, them nobledwarves only care about gold and statues of themselves! Nay, me magicks have purpose all on their own.

And making things out of crystal glass WHEN WE AIN'T GOT NO SAND IN THIS DAMNED PLACE!

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

And making things out of crystal glass WHEN WE AIN'T GOT NO SAND IN THIS DAMNED PLACE!

Sand is like crumbs! You leave rocks out to get stale, then ye rub 'em together real hard

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I guess for the first round random is just as good as any:

Baidol

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Rule #3: Never say the word random in the same post as your vote.

• Options
    In his defense, Schuss got away with it.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Well, I don't have any idea what people are at this point, and since im not bringing in any prior grudge, or knowledge as to how people play, I couldn't think of a better method. Should i have gleamed some information from the votes so far?

Maybe we should all agree to go alphabetical, that would be fine by me.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Well, I don't have any idea what people are at this point, and since im not bringing in any prior grudge, or knowledge as to how people play, I couldn't think of a better method. Should i have gleamed some information from the votes so far?

You can MAKE a random vote. But acknowledging the fact that you chose randomly is usually frowned upon.
    WE ARE DWARVES. DON'T JUDGE OUR CULTURE, TOPSIDER

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Apparently in a Farangu phalla you can random your votes up to day 4 and nobody bats an eyelash. :)

• Options
    Typhyus for accusing me of acting like an idiot on their proboards last phalla.
    D:

• Options
    ALso I can't spell, but hopefully it still counts

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    all the grudge votes from big brother phalla, ahahahahaha

• Options
    I almost feel that I should vote for someone from the other mafia, just to keep up the trend.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Some people (including myself) don't like broadcasting that you voted randomly. You're fine, but some people actually link to the RNG site where they got the random number, and that's starting to get just a little bit silly :P. It doesn't actually matter all that much on Day One, but some of us like to pretend our votes have logic behind them.

Something like "TheRoadVirus polishes his boots like a noble would!" or such. You know, logic :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

Some people (including myself) don't like broadcasting that you voted randomly. You're fine, but some people actually link to the RNG site where they got the random number, and that's starting to get just a little bit silly :P. It doesn't actually matter all that much on Day One, but some of us like to pretend our votes have logic behind them.

Something like "TheRoadVirus polishes his boots like a noble would!" or such. You know, logic :D

I was goin' out! I wanted to impress the lady! She had the most majestic beard...

• Options
    Let's see what happens from here on out. Stever777

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Typhyus for accusing me of acting like an idiot on their proboards last phalla.
    D:
    Aww, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. I was just upset because I thought three of eight mafia had died by day 2 :(

• Options
    Conversions, thralls, millers, etc?

If I apprentice to someone and they die of the vote, do I get their skillz? Assuming that had any.

Are you trustworthy?

Can I vote for you? :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    If you are looking for someone (you know who you are), you should contact me. I can help you out.

Also, specials should contact me too, just 'cause.

Steam profile
  • Options
    If you are looking for a beard to cry into
    Or a person to share secrets with
    Or like, someone to mentor (like if you have powers)
    Let me know. I need to get some good shit goin'

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Conversions, thralls, millers, etc?

If I apprentice to someone and they die of the vote, do I get their skillz? Assuming that had any.

Are you trustworthy?

Can I vote for you? :P

No conversions. No thralls/millers.
    It does not matter how someone dies for the purposes of apprenticing.
    I am always trustworthy.
    Voting for me is not recommended.