Options

2013 Registration: Badges have started to arrive!

2456711

Posts

  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Awesome. Achievement Unlocked: Passes A'Plenty. Passes for all. I am the pass monkey this year.

    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Super stoked. Didn't expect the passes to go live too - so I'm so glad I can stop being insane at every work break. Now to plan my wedding, Then think about PAX later.

    Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    flatline wrote: »
    Now I just need a PAX East Train Alliance thread. Where is Moe?

    I am certain that he has started working on it. What that means for when it will be posted, I have no clue ;)

    I went ahead and booked 2 tickets on the 176 Northeast Regional. They're cheap right now (~$66 a person), and I got an AirTran flight back to baltimore at 6pm on Sunday for $66 as well.

    I now have Hotel, BYOC, Reg, and Transport taken care of. What a busy Columbus Day.

    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    so i'm fairly sure that, by sheer coincidence, i checked the reg site within just a few minutes of it actually going live. from my phone, on the bus to work. as much as it's made for a frantic morning, i'm SO glad both badges and hotels are out of the way.

    PAX EAST IS GOOOO!!!

    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Got my pass and BYOC pass, hotel at the Renissance booked, talked to my friend and he got his ticket and BYOC pass...BRING ON PAX EAST!

    signature.png
  • Options
    gsuter11gsuter11 Registered User regular
    its good to be back! Badges are a lot earlier than last year though!

  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    So, 4 badges and hotel registration on the day after my birthday. Today's been a good day.

    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    I see some people already noticed that BYOC passes are being sold with the 3-day badges this year. I missed it myself in my rush to ensure a 3-day badge. Might be good to make a separate thread for BYOC and let people know, not sure if it is already mentioned somewhere else.

  • Options
    The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    Locked in, Badges and hotel set. Now that the critical parts are good, I have to start shopping for air travel.

    PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Exodus1 wrote: »
    I see some people already noticed that BYOC passes are being sold with the 3-day badges this year. I missed it myself in my rush to ensure a 3-day badge. Might be good to make a separate thread for BYOC and let people know, not sure if it is already mentioned somewhere else.

    That's the way it was for prime as well.

    Also, not sure who is handling BYOC this year. I'll add it to my OP for the moment.

  • Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Good lord, I was at work, pulled out my phone at lunch, and saw a series of texts from my boyfriend, to the tune of "HOTELS ARE LIVE TICKETS ARE LIVE OH GOD I GOT THE HOTEL GET YOUR PASS GO GO GO." Which queued frantic emailing and texting of friends, pointing out that passes were live, they needed them now, and by the way are you guys even going this year?

    This is the craziest, most anxiety-filled lunch break I think I've ever taken, but dammit, I got my pass. :D

    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Pass is grabbed. Working on everything else.

    Sweet deal.

    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hotel at the Westin and 3 badges for some of my friends and I are all set! Now to count down until March and get the time off of work...

    Jesus christ PAX just ended for me a month ago and the next one feels like it's right around the corner!

  • Options
    jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    Weird question: bought a pass for myself, now I'm about to buy one for a friend who doesn't have the money. Will it be an issue if I put her name and address? It would only be a total of 2 passes, but I don't know if that would raise a red flag. Should I just put in my own info?

  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    jester44 wrote: »
    Weird question: bought a pass for myself, now I'm about to buy one for a friend who doesn't have the money. Will it be an issue if I put her name and address? It would only be a total of 2 passes, but I don't know if that would raise a red flag. Should I just put in my own info?

    Hard to tell. If it's just two orders, it probably won't be a big deal. Maybe ask http://twitter.com/official_pax ?

  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    Boyfriend is ordering them now! Been stalking Twitter/forums like a cray person these past few days. Now I can breathe (and sleep) lol.

    0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    I hope they cut down on the amount of people for the price they're charging this year. $70 to get in lines 3 hours early for every event? Ugh.

    0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Got mine! Woohoo!

    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    I hope they cut down on the amount of people for the price they're charging this year. $70 to get in lines 3 hours early for every event? Ugh.
    $70 is still pretty damned cheap for this type of event. It's only a $5 increase.

  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Got the hotel booked, and my 3-day pass. I'd like to do BYOC, but I am tapped for funds. Keeping my fingers crossed there will still be open spots in a few weeks!

    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    I hope they cut down on the amount of people for the price they're charging this year. $70 to get in lines 3 hours early for every event? Ugh.
    $70 is still pretty damned cheap for this type of event. It's only a $5 increase.

    so true. there are plenty of conventions that don't have half the content pax has, but that charge 3 or 4x more. it's really an amazing value for cost, which is probably why so many people are willing to shell out the extra cash to travel from all over.

    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Passes gotten and hotel booked

    grym & kvlt
  • Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Wolfiee wrote: »
    I hope they cut down on the amount of people for the price they're charging this year. $70 to get in lines 3 hours early for every event? Ugh.
    $70 is still pretty damned cheap for this type of event. It's only a $5 increase.

    so true. there are plenty of conventions that don't have half the content pax has, but that charge 3 or 4x more. it's really an amazing value for cost, which is probably why so many people are willing to shell out the extra cash to travel from all over.

    GenCon has been charging that price for years and is nowhere near as fun. True story.

    PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    jester44 wrote: »
    Weird question: bought a pass for myself, now I'm about to buy one for a friend who doesn't have the money. Will it be an issue if I put her name and address? It would only be a total of 2 passes, but I don't know if that would raise a red flag. Should I just put in my own info?

    Hard to tell. If it's just two orders, it probably won't be a big deal. Maybe ask http://twitter.com/official_pax ?

    Thanks! In case anyone else had the same question, I checked with them and they said it was totally fine.

  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Now to wait for time off requests for that weekend to open up at work...

    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Just got my pass! Now I need to wait until I can request time off work.

  • Options
    The AfromanThe Afroman Registered User regular
    Room at Westin and Pass secured. Woo!

    XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
    Google+//http://gplus.to/TheAfroman
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Checked my text messages on break at work, saw 20+ from the few Twitter accounts I have set to text me. Called my wife and caught her just as she was running out the door (Thank the maker she forgot her cell phone). 2 3 Day badges acquired! Due to an unfortunate technicality I can not book a hotel right now, but hopefully will soon. See you guys in Boston.

  • Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Three day badge purchased!

  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    OMFG!!!!!!! I got Fri. and Sat. night at the Westin and my three day pass!!!!!!! I scared my manager to death because he was right beside me when I got the tweet, but it was worth it. Now I have to figure how to get Thur. night at the westin (well, getting the extra cash cause you can't do it through onpeak. Anyway, WAHOOOOO!!!!

  • Options
    HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    Bobcat acquired. By March it shall be a magnificent beast ready to pounce on the Boston area.

    LQckybu.png
  • Options
    jar37jar37 Registered User regular
    Question; If I purchase passes and then ultimately can't go, can I sell these for face value to someone who wants to go? I know the past year or so there was a bunch of issues with scalping and major restrictions put on reselling even on the forums.

    I've been to every PAX East so far and wife has been to all but one, we're strongly considering going again next year but we're not 100%. I know from experience not to wait too long to get my passes but I don't want to get them and then have our plans change. I'm less worried about the lost money than I am taking 2 passes away from people who want to go if our plans change and we can't get them in someone else's hands.

  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    jar37 wrote: »
    Question; If I purchase passes and then ultimately can't go, can I sell these for face value to someone who wants to go? I know the past year or so there was a bunch of issues with scalping and major restrictions put on reselling even on the forums.

    I've been to every PAX East so far and wife has been to all but one, we're strongly considering going again next year but we're not 100%. I know from experience not to wait too long to get my passes but I don't want to get them and then have our plans change. I'm less worried about the lost money than I am taking 2 passes away from people who want to go if our plans change and we can't get them in someone else's hands.

    The only thing that is necessary to enter PAX is the badge. There are no "PA Approved" methods of resale or transference. So you may not use these forums in order to sell or give a badge away. However if someone finds you trustworthy enough to pay you face value for the badge, and you give it to that person, they would be able to enter PAX.

  • Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    jar37 wrote: »
    Question; If I purchase passes and then ultimately can't go, can I sell these for face value to someone who wants to go? I know the past year or so there was a bunch of issues with scalping and major restrictions put on reselling even on the forums.

    I've been to every PAX East so far and wife has been to all but one, we're strongly considering going again next year but we're not 100%. I know from experience not to wait too long to get my passes but I don't want to get them and then have our plans change. I'm less worried about the lost money than I am taking 2 passes away from people who want to go if our plans change and we can't get them in someone else's hands.

    Basically there's no pass selling/buying allowed on the PA forums due to the issues you mentioned above. While many people, like yourself, would have the best intentions (ie. allowing someone else to enjoy the whole PAX experience), the bad apples have ruined that opportunity to be shared here on the forums.

    If it turned out you couldn't make it you'd have to connect with other individuals interested in attending through other means.

    JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    jar37jar37 Registered User regular
    OK, thanks for the answers. Stupid bad apples.

  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Wow, according to the main page 3 day passes are already running low.

  • Options
    nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    I saw that the three day badge availability is at low. So, I definitely sprinted to my wallet (possibily ran over my cat) and grabbed one!

    PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Options
    Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I ordered (2) 3 Day Passes and (4) BYOC passes. Am I in trouble? How do I change my order?

  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    I ordered (2) 3 Day Passes and (4) BYOC passes. Am I in trouble? How do I change my order?

    Kind of surprised it let you do that. I would email pax_questions@paxsite.com and/or registration@paxsite.com

    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    flatline wrote: »
    I ordered (2) 3 Day Passes and (4) BYOC passes. Am I in trouble? How do I change my order?

    Kind of surprised it let you do that. I would email pax_questions@paxsite.com and/or registration@paxsite.com

    For people that have unusually large power requirements or want to have a second monitor, it's been allowed to purchase a 2nd BYOC badge for yourself. Two people and 4 BYOC spots is not unheard of for this reason.

Sign In or Register to comment.