As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Borderlands 2: [BUY A GODDAMN TORGUE GUN]

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Gonna go through Scarlett's DLC. I hope I find a blaster at the end.

Edit: New codes?

PS3: CJCJT-RKF53-J5C5B-ZBK33-3RCXR
    PC: KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX
    X360: WTWJ3-WJTTX-6SR3R-WF3JJ-3XJK3

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Gonna go through Scarlett's DLC. I hope I find a blaster at the end.

Edit: New codes?

PS3: CJCJT-RKF53-J5C5B-ZBK33-3RCXR
    PC: KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX
    X360: WTWJ3-WJTTX-6SR3R-WF3JJ-3XJK3

The PC one just worked, so I guess, yes, these codes are new.

• Options
    Great. The Steve abides.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have noticed that the melee prefix actually gives pretty decent gun damage.

Also, Conference Call kind of sucks without Bee abuse in my opinion. I'd much rather just use a Heart Breaker now.

Or Torgue. Always Torgue.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i do like the conference call, but only as a hyperion shotgun+

i wouldn't mind having a non-elemental one to replace my purple hyperion shotgun if i ever spec back out of TORGUE EXPLOSIONS and back into Duty Calls

but it's not a priority

can the moxxi heartbreaker have a scope? i need to hold out for a really nice one whenever i hit 2.5 on someone next

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i do like the conference call, but only as a hyperion shotgun+

i wouldn't mind having a non-elemental one to replace my purple hyperion shotgun if i ever spec back out of TORGUE EXPLOSIONS and back into Duty Calls

but it's not a priority

can the moxxi heartbreaker have a scope? i need to hold out for a really nice one whenever i hit 2.5 on someone next

Oh the heartbreaker, that thing was epic. My favorite gun when it was at my level. That and the fire SMG you get from the cult quest line were the points in the game when I felt most powerful.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, I just found a better mod for my rocket build axton that also ups the Grenadier skill; I wasn't really using this build for grenades but for rocket launcher boosting, but this could also mean I can carry like 18 grenades.

Suggestions on a good ass-kicking grenade? If I can carry that many I would totally throw more than I usually do. I guess I could just stick with a Bonus Package but this seems like a situation to really take advantage of.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    nope, bonus package is pretty much it.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    All of the legendary Vladof grenades are the best.

• Options
    Homing or Longbow Transfusion.

While you are in Second Wind: "Seek my hounds! Seek!".

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Randy Pitchford just posted these to twitter:
    PS3: WTC3T-9KXWB-TW55T-SBWJJ-6JHBJ
    PC: W35TT-XTTWK-KXTBT-BJBJJ-9FKCW
    X360: WBWB3-FJ3TF-6HR3X-WFBJJ-BH3TT

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    I stopped using Transfusion grenades with Axton entirely because more often than not they'd just end up healing the turret.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    nope, bonus package is pretty much it.

That new seraph mod literally blows bonus package out of the water

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Woohoo! I got a Shock Pimpernel and -33% Cooldown relic.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    I beginning to believe I don't know how crit damage is calculated. I have two tresspasser rifles. One at 21k listed damage and another at 19k but has 180% crit damage modifier. The 21k rifle almost always does more crit damage. Does anyone know why? I can share my Zer0 build but know that I have a lot of his +crit dmg talents. Does it have to do with when the bonus damage gets calc'd?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Both 360 codes are still working.

Man, those pocket rockets are efficient. They are worth the tokens even if they are blue.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Also, anyone here wants a Sandblaster head piece for Axton? I got one to spare.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Farming Terra with a buddy and the Axton Shadaloo head drops. BUT I can see it, but not pick it up, and he cannot even see it all. He was playing as Axton as well and it is his only level 50. Way to go on that netcode gearbox. I also do not understand how they are nerfing the bee before fixing the gunzerker skill showing up on the Assassin class mod. Way to prioritize. Still loving the game but there are so many little things that were easy to forgive in the first that are much less so now. This is not the first time they have launched this type of game and to see the same issues crop up again and still remain unresolved or even mentioned by the developer is disheartening.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Ok, I just managed to solo the Leviathan.

I got 3 e-tech pistols (now I got 4). I want a Blaster Rifle and a new plasma caster.

If some wants to trade, add me. I also got a Vladok 20k acid railgun to offer too.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    furlion wrote: »
    Farming Terra with a buddy and the Axton Shadaloo head drops. BUT I can see it, but not pick it up, and he cannot even see it all. He was playing as Axton as well and it is his only level 50. Way to go on that netcode gearbox. I also do not understand how they are nerfing the bee before fixing the gunzerker skill showing up on the Assassin class mod. Way to prioritize. Still loving the game but there are so many little things that were easy to forgive in the first that are much less so now. This is not the first time they have launched this type of game and to see the same issues crop up again and still remain unresolved or even mentioned by the developer is disheartening.

Fix small issues only like three people care about and you can say you're fixing things.

Fact is they had to know about the loot drop issues well before launch. Things like the warrior dropping loot into lava or ungrabable drops are way to common.

• Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    So I made it to level 50 while skipping most side quests. Tell me how this playthrough 2.5 thing works, since the missions that I accept now are all trivial and whatnot. I thought it made all quest rewards and bad guys level 50?

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    jeddy lee wrote: »
    So I made it to level 50 while skipping most side quests. Tell me how this playthrough 2.5 thing works, since the missions that I accept now are all trivial and whatnot. I thought it made all quest rewards and bad guys level 50?
    you have to beat the story

• Options

Ok, so I just beat the last boss in tvh mode, credits roll, etc... It didn't announce anything to me and it still shows all of those side missions at their old levels. Am I there yet? Or do I need to do something else?

0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    Haha, you guys want a Cobra? You're probably better off trying to win the Powerball lottery (from the Gearbox Forums):
    Speaking from the design room - The Cobra drops perhaps slightly less frequently than we intended. It's a complex game with lots of guns and gear and stuff, and getting all the fiddily little dials just right is a constant battle.

So I will do what we normally don't do, which is straight up tell you where the Cobra lives. Normally, you see, we enjoy the exploration and discovery, but in this case, it's taking more exploration than we'd like.

The Cobra is dropped by...

The Burners!

Not one of the bosses. Just the regular guys. Any sniper rifle dropped by The Burners has a .88% chance to be Tiny Tina's Cobra.

Perhaps at some point in the future we will revisit these odds in a patch. I make no promises.

So factor in the odds of an enemy dropping anything in the first place, and that thing being a sniper rifle, then a 0.88% chance on top of that.....

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

Ok, so I just beat the last boss in tvh mode, credits roll, etc... It didn't announce anything to me and it still shows all of those side missions at their old levels. Am I there yet? Or do I need to do something else?

Quest levels and rewards for any quests you've already picked up won't scale, but any quests you haven't taken yet should be scaled to level 50. All the enemies should also be level 48-52.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man, the pc codes go quick

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Haha, you guys want a Cobra? You're probably better off trying to win the Powerball lottery (from the Gearbox Forums):
    Speaking from the design room - The Cobra drops perhaps slightly less frequently than we intended. It's a complex game with lots of guns and gear and stuff, and getting all the fiddily little dials just right is a constant battle.

So I will do what we normally don't do, which is straight up tell you where the Cobra lives. Normally, you see, we enjoy the exploration and discovery, but in this case, it's taking more exploration than we'd like.

The Cobra is dropped by...

The Burners!

Not one of the bosses. Just the regular guys. Any sniper rifle dropped by The Burners has a .88% chance to be Tiny Tina's Cobra.

Perhaps at some point in the future we will revisit these odds in a patch. I make no promises.

So factor in the odds of an enemy dropping anything in the first place, and that thing being a sniper rifle, then a 0.88% chance on top of that.....

Wow.

So basicaly if I want a cobra I'm making one. Gotta love that. however it's nice someone on the team admits there's some issue with getting drop rates right

Oh after some lurking apparently there's like 70 some odd named enemies that don't spawn normally in the game proper but that can be forciby spawned on PC. I assume these are the named mobs they talked about so long ago. I'm curious if shift codes will be used for stuff like them in the future.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    So first they have to drop loot and then it has to be a sniper rifle and then if it is there's a <1% chance to be a Cobra?

Given the rest, their intended drop rate was probably only like 2% higher.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    So first they have to drop loot and then it has to be a sniper rifle and then if it is there's a <1% chance to be a Cobra?

Given the rest, their intended drop rate was probably only like 2% higher.

What's weird is its a blue. Uniques are usually supposed to drop from named enemies.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    The droprate situation in this game is getting a tiny bit silly. Yay for editors.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    RadiosityRadiosity Registered User regular
    Unless you're on PS3 like me, in which case you're shit outta luck :( When people are looking for save editors to make the game enjoyable again the devs have rather dropped the ball imo.

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

Quest levels and rewards for any quests you've already picked up won't scale, but any quests you haven't taken yet should be scaled to level 50. All the enemies should also be level 48-52.

Wow... Fucked that one up. Got to level 50 and picked up all the missions in sanctuary...

0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    The droprate situation in this game is getting a tiny bit silly. Yay for editors.

IMHO, Gearbox wanted the players to trade guns in a Pokémon fashion. Problem is with everyone at high level, it is a "market" of L50 purples or better.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »

IMHO, Gearbox wanted the players to trade guns in a Pokémon fashion. Problem is with everyone at high level, it is a "market" of L50 purples or better.

Trying to force an economy on this game is idiotic.
    The actual in demand guns are all red text weapons and theres not actually that many that people can use to any great effect.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    An auction house would actually encourage an economy. This encourages farming.

• Options
    I agree. It was meant as a casual, social feature.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    To me, as someone who might play through something once, I'd rather named guns be 100% drops, and just vary the damage/accuracy/element here and there to make each one slightly different. I like when bosses drop a specific gun each time. Dropping anything white off a named character is just silly.

Then again, I'm starting to question if Borderlands is really FOR me, as I never really got to the level I see you guys playing at here. I'm still at the point where
    Sanctuary just phased back in - I haven't even gotten back to it yet
    because my multiplayer partner has basically dropped out and my schedule hampers any attempt to easily find a pick up group for my current solo run Maya.

I never saw half the legendary guns from the first game. I did get a Pestilent Defiler on my Mordecai though, but it was in the 30s iirc.

Perhaps this is why I could never get back into WoW and all the raid running to try and get new equipment...

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Honestly, you don't need legendaries or absolute best guns to play or enjoy this game. Find something you like until you find something better; collecting uniques can be something to keep people playing postgame, but are by no means required.

And there are always unique quest rewards to get, and some of those are pretty sweet. Moxxi's Heartbreaker has been a permanent fixture in my inventory even with whatever fancy guns I've found since.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    My favorite thing to do in BL1 to do at max level was run to Craw, then run through the armory. Because guns everywhere. I liked that there were always oranges and purples in the armory and all over the place with Craw. So yeah, I had good guns. I was blowing through mooks like a hot knife through butter that's already melted. But the fun was trying to find the perfect gun. At least for me. I liked being an unstoppable killing machine.

Yeah my double anarchy was on the high end already..... but I knew there was a chance for one to be just a litttttttle better, which would be making it perfect. And that's where the majority of my 200+ hours were spent. (every time I look at how many hours I've played and think it's a lot, I think of curly and realize it's nothing)

This time around, I just play through the content and call it a day. I don't have any drive to even try and get the perfect gun, shield, etc. I'm supposed to be more of a badass than the original vault hunters. Yet somehow I can't cut through enemies even close to as fast as they could. And then there's very little reward for the higher challenge. I mean, if it at least paid off, I'd be more inclined to farm.

Anyways, the game was still totally worth the price of admission in my opinion. It just doesn't, for me, have the re-playability of the first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So how does online co-op work in this game? I hear about people waiting for friends, not wanting to overlevel...

This discussion has been closed.