In addition to the fact that the story takes place "at least a year and a half" after the events of "Chosen", placing it at its earliest in the latter half of 2004 and after the events of "Not Fade Away", the following facts have been revealed:
* Buffy leads five hundred Slayers separated into ten squads, all of which are viewed by the U.S. government as terrorist cells in the wake of Sunnydale's destruction.
* For Buffy's protection, two Slayer lookalikes are in place - one in Italy, one literally underground.
* Buffy is not dating The Immortal as "The Girl in Question" had stated. This is in fact a ruse set up by Andrew Wells using lookalikes, and partially as a prank on Angel and Spike.
* Xander leads "central command" which is in Scotland.
* Dawn experiences "growing pains" of "ginormic [sic] proportions" as a byproduct of losing her virginity. Whedon also makes mention of a "Giant Dawn".
* Anya will definitely reappear although she will not be resurrected. Whedon describes it as being "all about Anya" with a possibility of an appearance by bunnies.
* Amy Madison is set to return in issue #2.
* Whedon plans for all the popular characters to return, although the cast will be slowly introduced as it makes sense to do so.
* The season's Big Bad is set to be a returning cast member.
* Angel and Spike will definitely be featured, but only sparingly.
* Faith will appear in the second arc, written by Brian K. Vaughan.
* Riley Finn and his wife may show up but nothing is set right now as the writers of the comic are going to start with the core characters.
* The demons will apparently "look cooler" without budgetary restraints, but "not as cool as Skip".
* New characters include vampire Slayers Leah, Rowena and Satsu.
* Joss Whedon
* Brian K. Vaughan
* Brad Meltzer
* Jeph Loeb
* Steven S. DeKnight
* Jane Espenson
* Drew Goddard
* Drew Greenberg
* Doug Petrie
I saw issue one was out this week and picked it up, twas pretty cool. Discuss here.