As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great and Wonderful PAX SECRET BOBCAT GIFT EXCHANGE 2012 Edition EXTENDED TO NOV 18th

• AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    I just *finally* got my bobcat shipped out. Someone should be on the lookout for a USPS Priority Mail box on or around December 20. When they receive it, I do caution to use care when opening. The shipping container is wired with a custom audio system and I would hate for it to get damaged before you can experience the THX quality.

fss_overall.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2012
    After a surprise trip to Alaska, my bobcat finally arrived a few days ago. I finally got together it for a picture at work in front of my lava lamp and next to my fiery skull.

2012-12-18%2017.33.12.jpg

My bobcat looks a bit reptilian, I think that trip to alaska has it in shock. Thanks, drobro/chupamiubre.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    After a surprise trip to Alaska, my bobcat finally arrived a few days ago. I finally got together it for a picture at work in front of my lava lamp and next to my fiery skull.

2012-12-18%2017.33.12.jpg

My bobcat looks a bit reptilian, I think that trip to alaska has it in shock. Thanks, drobro/chupamiubre.
    Yea that surprise week long vacation in Alaska was a bit disconcerting. So glad everything arrived intact! Also this gift is mainly based off of the first letter that moe wrote to santa well the one written by smalls for him.

<ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    gj on working in the alphathon poster :)

Looks like I lied, and my photos won't be up till tonight.

• WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Looky Looky what was on my computer desk when I got home...
    20121219_181449.jpg
    What could it be?!?!?
    And Inside....
    20121219_181847.jpg
    Munchkin (Awesomesauce!)
    Cyborg 009
    Argo (shhhhh!)
    Energy Stuff (5hour and Batteries)
    Cufflinks
    Thanks, Dangeresquetoo Awesome box'o'goodies!!!

WackBag on
    Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
    edited December 2012
    Ok, bobcat from @Kiss Me GoodBye :) Thanks so much! Sorry for being late on the pictures!
    bobcat2012.JPG

zerzhul on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    My husband called me to ask why I shipped wrapped gifts to myself. I was confused, and then I asked him to check the address it was sent from: California. There's a pretty good chance these mystery gifts are from my Santa (as I only participate in this one, and the idea of my family members actually mailing ~anything~ is hilarious) but I will not be back in town until Saturday. So I must wait, but I'm super excited regardless.

Updated gift chains!

SmallLady :arrow: parabola
    zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Kirindal :arrow: Frugus :arrow: DashD 2 :arrow: PayneTrayne :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey
    Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap
    vttym :arrow: LTAcosta :arrow: draklan
    direwolf :arrow: Mystral721
    chupamiubre :arrow: Moe Fwacky :arrow: Ysterath
    Kropotkin :arrow: punzie
    Rogue_Hunter :arrow: CaptainTapole
    cynthetic :arrow: pureval
    ??? :arrow: Dangeresquetoo :arrow: WackBag

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Last night, as I was rushing to work, I found a package. 'lo and behold, my bobcat had arrived! Contained within an unassuming box was something I couldn't believe:
    I apologize in advance for the picture quality - these were taken pre-dawn in a dim room.
    RLeKQ.jpg
    Some absolutely scrumdiddlyumptious homemade cookies that I can guarantee won't survive the weekend (or, more likely, the day); a brilliant card that has the mystical ability to summon cats when activated; and a pair of very well wrapped rectangles. I love this Cthulhu wrapping paper - definitely saving it!
    And inside:
    6mEgR.jpg
    Two fantastic surprises! Axe Cop Munchkins is perfect! My friends have a game night coming up and this is definitely getting some play time.
    And the ASOIAF/Game of Thrones cookbook - I. Am. Speechless. You have stalked me well! So many recipes I want to try!!!
    @Mystral721, I don't know how it came about that we got each other as bobcat wranglers, but I am so happy we did! Your card mentions a second package - but what could possibly top this?! Will have to post an update when it arrives!

p.s. If you've never heard a rather large grown man squee with delight, I can tell you it's loud enough to wake a deep-asleep roommate from 3 rooms away.

edit: @Mystral721 clued me in to an item I had missed (went unnoticed among the packing material and my enthusiasm):
    Th6sj.jpg A pair of copper dice in a velvet bag. They are beautiful!

Direwolf on
    5I7JEDi.png
  • zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Thank you Ysterath! (I posted in the right forum this time. yay!)
    thankyouysterath.jpg

If the apocalypse doesn't come tonight I will start my own! muhahaha

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
    Updated gift chains!

We have our first complete chain (of two people)

direwolf :bz Mystral721

chupamiubre :arrow: Moe Fwacky :arrow: Ysterath :arrow: zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Kirindal :arrow: Frugus :arrow: DashD 2 :arrow: PayneTrayne :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey
    Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap

• chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So here I am in the lab but then a knock at the door and the mail man drops off a rather sticky package
    SX16d.jpg
    With trepidation I investigate further
    IheUk.jpg
    MwYL9.jpg
    While it vaguely resembles a nefariousness device a rival might mail me I recently dispatched my last rival so I had little fear.
    5Uc0p.jpg
    while i am a fan of 90's comedian bobcat goldthwait this seems to be a bit much. So i rummage around the box a bit further and I find treasures!
    EnxTc.jpg
    hFBen.jpg
    Oh look a Dosimeter I have been needing one since my last one was broken in a bungee jumping accident.
    MDUwT.jpg
    5btlD.jpg
    Marbles woot! Oh wait look they seem slightly off in color. Wait let me get by black light.
    x3Rz3.jpg
    Yep they glow these are genuine uranium glass marbles!

Well AtomicGaryBusey Thank You very much!

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular

(...)

Well AtomicGaryBusey Thank You very much!

No problem! I'm glad you ended up enjoying it. (Yes, I did go overboard with the Bobcat Goldthwaits! :) )

HAPPY BOBCATS!!1!

fss_overall.png
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I received yesterday and the packing slip just said Cardboard Tube Guy. I received World of Geekcraft. This crafty gal has some projects to make.
    Xx6ea.jpg

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    Uploading pics soon. Thank you CaptainTapole! The gifts were amazing, and I laughed rather handily at the last one I opened, followed by a cross country >.> "very funny" stare. :)

• mynameaintyaomynameaintyao Registered User regular
    Oops ... sorry, that was me :D show us some crafts!
    I received yesterday and the packing slip just said Cardboard Tube Guy. I received World of Geekcraft. This crafty gal has some projects to make.
    Xx6ea.jpg

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I am getting a little worried. The tracking says my bobcat was delivered on Wednesday, but I have not seen anything from my giftee yet. Hope I do not end up on the naughty list.

Updated gift chains!

Now have two complete chains!

chupamiubre :arrow: Moe Fwacky :arrow: Ysterath :arrow: zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Kirindal :arrow: Frugus :arrow: DashD 2 :arrow: PayneTrayne :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey :arrow: chupamiubre

mynameaintyao :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    If you are my bobcatee, and tracking says it has been delivered, please get a helper to send me the tracking number to go hunting.

Also, my bobcat's gift is somewhere between countries still. I think it may be walking there.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    So, thanks to the godless heathens of China post, I was able to have my bobcat delivered ON CHRISTMAS DAY! BOOYAH!

(That is some magic freaking timing right there, Wackbag.)

They actually delivered the box here, which is more than a surprise. Normally, I have to trek to the post office to find the ruffled and repacked box. Wackbag used some sort of juju to get it to my door, unmolested, but one kitty needed to do a perimeter security check.

wnyU2.jpg

Kitty approved when he saw the note, which explained that the wrapping paper inside was not around the gifts as it would have likely arrived unwrapped many times over.

DxUKb.jpg

Inside, Can Has paper, Munchkin Zombie, and a soft kitty hat! Yay! Thank you Wackbag!

iMraK.jpg

The hat is really, really crazy warm. I cannot wait to see the looks of jealousy among the Chinese when I wear this up to the ice castles in Harbin. Especially when i explain it was from my secret bobcat- which will require some new mandarin for me....

ZgS5x.jpg

• mynameaintyaomynameaintyao Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    When I woke this fine Xmas Eve morning, I felt conflicted ... as if there was something being carried in the air
    7hbYI.png

Overjoyed was I to have received such a thoughtful gift, but my friends, it was a Far Cry from being over
    Coy7S.png

Many thanks to parabola for teh awesome generosity from Steam this year!

mynameaintyao on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Never played Air Conflicts, but I'm a fan of flight sims. Far Cry 3 though? Amazing game.

• WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So, thanks to the godless heathens of China post, I was able to have my bobcat delivered ON CHRISTMAS DAY! BOOYAH!

(That is some magic freaking timing right there, Wackbag.)

They actually delivered the box here, which is more than a surprise. Normally, I have to trek to the post office to find the ruffled and repacked box. Wackbag used some sort of juju to get it to my door, unmolested, but one kitty needed to do a perimeter security check.
    wnyU2.jpg

Kitty approved when he saw the note, which explained that the wrapping paper inside was not around the gifts as it would have likely arrived unwrapped many times over.
    DxUKb.jpg

Inside, Can Has paper, Munchkin Zombie, and a soft kitty hat! Yay! Thank you Wackbag!
    iMraK.jpg

The hat is really, really crazy warm. I cannot wait to see the looks of jealousy among the Chinese when I wear this up to the ice castles in Harbin. Especially when i explain it was from my secret bobcat- which will require some new mandarin for me....
    ZgS5x.jpg

You have no idea how much I was sweating it not reaching you...I sent it out Nov 29th,.......No, No,.... I mean I planned it that way!! Yeah that's it! I'm glad you liked it.

WackBag on
    Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    The Great and wise Cardboard tube in the sky has visited me and asked me to wish you all a Happy Bobcat day and pass on wishes for a wild and Paxie New Year

draklan on
    edited December 2012
    Updated gift chains!

chupamiubre :arrow: Moe Fwacky :arrow: Ysterath :arrow: zeromyst :arrow: blAAAm!!! :arrow: Cynd3rCyn :arrow: tvethiopia :arrow: SkeleVader :arrow: rileyper :arrow: Kiss Me Goodbye :arrow: zerzhul :arrow: Kirindal :arrow: Frugus :arrow: DashD 2 :arrow: PayneTrayne :arrow: AtomicGaryBusey :arrow: chupamiubre

SmallLady :arrow: parabola :arrow: mynameaintyao :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap :arrow: Dangeresquetoo :arrow: WackBag :arrow: chaosisorder
    vttym :arrow: LTAcosta :arrow: draklan :arrow: Menolly07
    Rogue_Hunter :arrow: CaptainTapole :arrow: cynthetic :arrow: pureval

zerzhul on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED OR POSTED ABOUT THEIR GIFT
    Gifter's: Please be message me if you see your giftee on the list w/o a note next to their name.

Kroptkin - Customs Delay
    vttym
    Rogue_hunter - Shipped Today
    Juju
    SmallLady - Requested Delay due to vacation & moving.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    JUJU IS THE BEST BOBCAT EVER.

She got me a gift certificate to Black Milk clothing.

O_O

http://blackmilkclothing.com/

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Because I am Last Minute Punzie, bobcat should be arriving to recipient today. I am excite.

HI3789R.png
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Because I am Last Minute Punzie, bobcat should be arriving to recipient today. I am excite.

And received! At least, one box and a note of "More to Come"
    It's a Kool-Aid Guy pillow!
    20121231_161843.jpg
    20121231_163302.jpg

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    Updated gift chains!

juju :arrow: SmallLady :arrow: parabola :arrow: mynameaintyao :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap :arrow: Dangeresquetoo :arrow: WackBag :arrow: chaosisorder
    vttym :arrow: LTAcosta :arrow: draklan :arrow: Menolly07
    Kropotkin :arrow: punzie :arrow: Rogue_Hunter :arrow: CaptainTapole :arrow: cynthetic :arrow: pureval

And received! At least, one box and a note of "More to Come"
    It's a Kool-Aid Guy pillow!
    20121231_161843.jpg
    20121231_163302.jpg

Yes, it's a bit of a rolling present. Part 2 should arrive on the 4th.
    I was so excited when I got you. Don't know when else I'd have a reason to make a Kool-Aid Man pillow :P

HI3789R.png
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Yes, it's a bit of a rolling present. Part 2 should arrive on the 4th.

I'm guessing the package I got today is Part 2. A Bobcats mug from the Oatmeal
    20130103_154617.jpg20130103_154623.jpg
    20130103_154629.jpg

Though, I'm confused about the note with the mug "marketing, didn't agree about the marketing"
    I do look forward to using the mug for hot drinks while working now, thanks again Punzie!

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    I came home *right* before I left for Christmas and got a message from my roommate sewingpunzie that I got a missed package notification from the Bobcat Adoption Society!

With an amazing letter from pureval!

My bobcat kitten is the cutest thing in the world! She has only tried to claw my eyes out three times! I am so thankful I can give her a home. I have named her Angel. She hangs out on my shoulder when I play Guild Wars 2. :)

Here is a picture of our happy family!
    unCsQ.jpg?18yYtH.jpg

I also got food for the bobcat, all with a handy Boston Bruins carrying case. D:
    x9NbV.jpg

RUN, PINKIE PIE! D:

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
    I was getting worried about it. Glad you like it. And I just now realized I forgot to take the tags off some things. Sorry. It was a rough month. Hope you got some cool ponies in there.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I was stoked to see a nice package waiting for me when I got home tonight! But what did I have in store for me?

First, what was in the box:
    ltisO.jpg
    Hmm.. so much potential. But first.. the card!

9boqI.jpg
    bVIF4.jpg
    Awesome.. for what it's worth, I pictured a cowbell banging while opening the gifts..

Next, what was inside the wrapping?
    I needed help, whether I realized it or not:
    hflr1.jpg

And once we got it open - ZOMG BOWLING ZOMBIES!!!
    dSwXg.jpg
    SLEIA!
    SjYw6.jpg
    And a crawling zombie, which I will now make people push when standing outside my cube before they can talk to me:
    bbGpL.jpg

And a final, group shot:
    YxoPl.jpg
    Don't forget those magic cards! Got a few that I can add to my decks!!

Thank you, @Menolly07 - You took my rambling mess and gave me a great new years bobcat!

Updated gift chains!

Menolly07 :arrow: vttym :arrow: LTAcosta :arrow: draklan :arrow: Menolly07

Kropotkin :arrow: punzie :arrow: Rogue_Hunter 2 :arrow: CaptainTapole :arrow: cynthetic :arrow: pureval :arrow: juju :arrow: SmallLady :arrow: parabola :arrow: mynameaintyao :arrow: Lady Lilybell :arrow: JimmyWild :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Exodus1 :arrow: bubblegumnex :arrow: Little Miss Rachel :arrow: yoshamano :arrow: QuickSnap :arrow: Dangeresquetoo :arrow: WackBag :arrow: chaosisorder

Though, I'm confused about the note with the mug "marketing, didn't agree about the marketing"

It didn't give me an option to add a message, so that's not my doing. One last package on the way...

HI3789R.png
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    so, since there is a known customs delay on kropotkin's gift, is it then safe to say that everyone properly followed through with the gift-giving this year? no undue delays or slackers? if so, excellent work everyone! secret bobcats was super fun this year!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    It really warms my heart to see how much thought and effort people put into their bobcats. Especially for people they probably do not know and may never actually meet. My coworkers, who see each other every day, put zero effort into our Secret Santa, to the point I do not want to run it next year. One person just gave a $10 bill and the receiver gave it another person as their gift. My person grabbed the first thing he saw on his lunch break with a Star Wars logo on it.

I am really glad to be a part of this and to see people who really do care. Thanks guys.