As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elemental]:WarofMagic:FallenEnchantress:LegendaryHeroes: Sorcerer King: Electric Boogaloo

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    SO EXCITED

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    SQUEEEE!

• Options
    johnwingjohnwing Registered User regular
    thanks. downloading now :P

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Ok, so Elemental required two years of patching before it was abandoned in favor of the first expansion which tried to "fix" everything... now, six months later, we have a second expansion which tries to "fix" the first... I don't know... I think I should give it at least another three months (years?) before I'll try it again. ;)

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Aaaaand the firewall here is crushing the steam client. And my heart. :cry:

Cog on
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Ok, so Elemental required two years of patching before it was abandoned in favor of the first expansion which tried to "fix" everything... now, six months later, we have a second expansion which tries to "fix" the first... I don't know... I think I should give it at least another three months (years?) before I'll try it again. ;)

Fallen Enchantress was a fix for War of Magic. However, Fallen Enchantress works fine. Legendary Heroes strikes me as more of a refinement than a fix.

• Options

Alternately, participate in the beta and help improve the game. Or take your ball and go home. Whatev.

• Options
    The current build of Fallen Enchantress is pretty good. It is worth my investment. With Legendary Heroes it will be even better. If you like these kind of games I can recommend it.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Not to mention that if you bought WoM early enough, then LH is also free. Which is pretty incredible since most people were willing to forgive them for making FE free.

EDIT: Geth knows a good deal when they see it.

The Big Levinsky on
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Completely off-topic, but why does the Geth randomly awesome / agree?

Edit: Just awesome.

Fleur de Alys on
    Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    The Sauce wrote: »

Its learning to be more human.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    And I have it on Steam with my update, which for whatever reason makes it so much better. God I love steam.

I feel like its ok to break my usual no beta rule as, considering how good FE already, even unrefined versions of the proposed changes are just going to be so good. Too bad I won't be able to play much this weekend! Downloading now, looking forward to everyone's feedback.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    IslandDog wrote: »
    Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes beta is out. All the info is here - http://forums.elementalgame.com/441432

:)

Why can we not awesome a post, like, 3 times?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Cog wrote: »

Alternately, participate in the beta and help improve the game. Or take your ball and go home. Whatev.

I posted quite long threads with lists if UI issues and inconsistencies for the Elemental and FE betas, since that's my area of expertise, but I won't have time to do that for this one (unless something really gets on my nerves). Have they implemented a route preview on the map yet, for example? That was something I think I highlighted during both previous betas. In FE I can remember a whole heap of issues regarding delayed events (like border expansions not showing up until a turn later) and event dialogs both appearing out of order and blocking out the map view.

My post was both a joke and a dig, but it's not far from the truth.

Also, I have two War of Magic Limited Editions here. One opened, and one still sealed.

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    PantshandshakePantshandshake Registered User regular
    I am super happy I didn't check this thread until 10 minutes before work ends. So super happy. I... I love all you guys.

• Options
    Have they implemented a route preview on the map yet, for example?

This was just like 10 posts ago:

image_9.png

In FE I can remember a whole heap of issues regarding delayed events (like border expansions not showing up until a turn later)

Almost positive that's fixed, but I honestly haven't paid attention to it in a while.
    and event dialogs both appearing out of order and blocking out the map view.

Already much better than it used to be, still to be seen if it's been improved in LH.

• Options
    Well, poked some holes in the firewall. Its on.

• Options
    ThumpenThumpen Registered User regular
    Where is my Steam sale, Stardock? WHERE IS IT?

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Actual text from an email I got from stardock. I am really not making this up.

"Buy it today and get the final version upon release
    PLUS the beta which includes unintended "features":

Experience seemingly random, game-breaking bugs.

Horribly over-powered magic, under-powered sovereigns or a combination of both!

Behold the beauty of programmer placeholder "art" and more programmer placeholder art!

Even more hidden "features" that we don't yet know what they might be - your guess is as good as ours!

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    ...that has to be the greatest marketing e-mail ever made. Seriously, interest has been piqued!

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I didn't even know about Legendary Heroes until a few minutes ago, where Stardock sent me an e-mail telling me I can download it on Steam. Fuck yeah.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    I really like the new champion upgrade system now and how fame attracts champions. I can see now focus with upgrades that is for me a big plus.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Great expansion!

The fame system as well as the upgrade system takes out the randomness of discovering champions and leveling them, the swarm mechanic makes tactical battles actually worth fighting.
    It seems that the binding trait has been nerfed so it isn't a insta-win.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    At least they're embracing their own shortcomings. Great marketing move actually.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    At least they're embracing their own shortcomings. Great marketing move actually.

Man, who pissed in your Cheerios?

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular

Fallen Enchantress was a fix for War of Magic. However, Fallen Enchantress works fine. Legendary Heroes strikes me as more of a refinement than a fix.

Sorry but no. Fallen Enchantress does *not* work fine. It is a fundamentally broken game at its heart - even Cog, its greatest fan, has acknowledge many times in this thread the issues around sovereigns, armies and cities. The game is far better than War of Magic but it is still broken to the core, and the fact that people who bought Fallen Enchantress in good faith have been screwed by this.

Civ 5 was more sound than Fallen Enchantress when it launched, and it had multiple large patches to address issues before the expansion was launched. Half of the current 'feature' list for the expansion are bug fixes and balance changes that should be applied to Fallen Enchantress first. The entire army building side of the game is broken and pointless for heavens sake!

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Huh. Free expansion. Score.

And they've moved fully to Steam too. I bet Gamestop is just soooo glad they bought Impulse from them, heh.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Man, who pissed in your Cheerios?

Both statements from me where my complete honest opinion. Are any of them untrue or unfair in your opinion?

• Options
    Maledict66 wrote: »

Sorry but no. Fallen Enchantress does *not* work fine. It is a fundamentally broken game at its heart - even Cog, its greatest fan, has acknowledge many times in this thread the issues around sovereigns, armies and cities. The game is far better than War of Magic but it is still broken to the core, and the fact that people who bought Fallen Enchantress in good faith have been screwed by this.

Civ 5 was more sound than Fallen Enchantress when it launched, and it had multiple large patches to address issues before the expansion was launched. Half of the current 'feature' list for the expansion are bug fixes and balance changes that should be applied to Fallen Enchantress first. The entire army building side of the game is broken and pointless for heavens sake!

Weird that you mention @Cog specifically since he clicked agree with the very post of mine you quoted. "Broken to the core" is a little harsh in my opinion because Fallen Enchantress is fun as hell in my opinion and "broken to the core" and "fun as hell" are mutually exclusive conditions. I'd have done some balancing stuff differently but balance problems are a far cry from completely broken. I also paid full price for FE and don't feel screwed at all. I'm sorry that you do, but I'd wager you're in the minority.

• Options
    Cog wrote: »
    The Sauce wrote: »

Its They're learning to be more human.

They are legion...

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Yeah, free LH *and* it's a Steam key too. The changes are all interesting, gotta try this soon.

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Glee! No more Impulse. I banish thee and I serve the Newell.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Mmm, tired. Hungry. I should eat and sleep now.

Expansion good. Swarm good. Summon skeletons hordes so good.

A few amusing bugs, like one of my champs constantly appearing naked in her battle pic. Apparently going with the 1-handed spears messes up your first spearman unit. Looks like the threat evaluation system is even more off than before, but that's to be expected.

Not that I care. Currently stomping Gilden in to the ground for demanding tribute from me one too many times. Don't poke the necromancers with a crap ton of mana just after swarm mechanics come in the game Gilden!

I mean, sure, I could use that mana to cure this plague that is causing my people to go insane and burrow themselves in to the ground until they die. But that's less Gilden soldiers I can set on fire. My people are probably just faking sick to get out of work anyway.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Do the summons scale at all? Just started my first game in LH, and got Summon Skeleton and +1 summons level. so I get a lvl 2 skeleton that seems rather useless even in the very early game.

Except as a fodder for Cull the Weak, which makes it free 20 heal and mana / fight.

e:

What's the Prisoner - quest about?
    After accepting the quest there's a battle against some demon, and after winning.. that's it, nothing happens. I'm not even sure that I got xp out of the combat.

Keemossi on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I went ahead and got it too. Like some other people, I don't feel great about this dev cycle, but they've probably backed themselves into a corner by adding the whole free to early adopters thing onto an already tight budget. And I want to play it, so.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Well, there went several hours of my day. It's actually been quite some time since I've played Fallen Enchantress, but Legendary Heroes immediately feels more engaging, at least in the "short" amount I just played.

Now hurry up and give me Galactic Civilizations 3, Stardock!

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Korror wrote: »
    Actual text from an email I got from stardock. I am really not making this up.

"Buy it today and get the final version upon release
    PLUS the beta which includes unintended "features":

Experience seemingly random, game-breaking bugs.

Horribly over-powered magic, under-powered sovereigns or a combination of both!

Behold the beauty of programmer placeholder "art" and more programmer placeholder art!

Even more hidden "features" that we don't yet know what they might be - your guess is as good as ours!

I came in here to post that exact thing. It cracked me up!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I also used the $20 discount to get into the beta because I'm a whore like that and I have poor impulse control.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ThumpenThumpen Registered User regular
    On Steam no sale gonna get it anyway so weak

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    Purchased :) Looking at the achievements a wopping 0% have won the game so far as Magnar... I think I need to change that this weekend!