As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Protecting signatures on DVD cases

LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunchesModerator, ClubPA mod
edited October 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I was finally cleaning out that last unpacked box from a year-old move. You know the box. The one you just put in a closet and forget about for, well, a year. In it, among other things, were the first two signed seasons of the PA TV series DVDs.

I've always been hesitant to put them on a bookshelf with the rest of my DVDs. For any of you that have these, too, the signatures are all on the outer clear insert protector thing, both front and back, in a silver ink that seems not only water soluble but also easily prone to being rubbed or scratched off. Up until now I've just left them in boxes or drawers, wrapped in paper, but there must be at least one or two memorabilia-specific coatings or covers or sprays out there I can apply to these things to protect them from that kind of damage. Something that might hopefully permanently seal the signatures to the case.

Anybody have any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be a spray/liquid. That's just the only thing I could think of. But I also don't want/need to go as far as getting something like a glass display case for this stuff.

iwantanswers3.png
Larlar on

• Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    What about sticky back plastic? If you cut it to size over the entire outer insert thing you'd probably not even be able to tell it's there.

Only issue being you'd have to get it right first time or you'd pull off the sig.

Actually, stick first and then cut to size, doesn't matter if it's off square then.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Get something like this, then test it out before using it on your real one:

http://www.letraset.com/products/2091-Protective-Sprays/3309-101-Letracote--Gloss-Coating-for-Artwork/

Edit: Be aware that I wouldn't recommend this for autographs you might want to sell someday to collectors (if you had, like, JFK's signature or something), but I bet it'd work for something you just want to keep because it's cool.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    All right, thanks guys. I think I'll probably check out that spray. Something less visible, if it works, is probably more desirable. Especially since JFK didn't sign these DVDs.

I would've posted earlier, but I completely forgot I made this thread.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait, didn't Brian sign them? That's better than JFKs chicken-scratchings!