As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    @Paladin: You didn't ruin the real economy by any chance, did you?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    fyastarter wrote: »
    So I want in the main guild, I'm in MerchI right now. Can I get an invite to Candymancers/NICE? Fyastarter1564.
    Thanks classy mans.

I've put you on my external list. What this means is that tonight, as long as there is room you'll go straight into NICE. If the culling doesn't cull enough spots then I'll have to stick you in CNDY temporarily with the first open spot going to you.

Edit: looks like there will be room and I'll be getting you into NICE.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I wish I had that kind of cash to blow :(

Due to the wonky itemization for exotic light armor with Precision/Toughness/Condition damage, a piece of the Khilbron set goes for as much as a whole set of exotic crafted gear...

Ouch! Is that the ONLY armor that has that stat combo?

TA gear has the same stat configuration, but as you know, that involves alot of dungeon running. It just seems silly that is the only stat combo that lacks an exotic crafted option.

Prec/ Tough / Condi gear can be gotten from the Karma vendors in Orr, with one exception.
    For some fucked up reason, you can't get Prec / Tough / Condi feet from karma vendors in Orr.

Your only options are to get it from the Khilbron set (where the feet are listed on the TP @ 15g+).
    Or to grind dungeons.

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
  • TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    So aside from getting booted from Wuv Friday 15 minutes in and never getting back, and accidentally throwing my Abyss dye in the Mystic Forge (apparently the Mystic Forge doesn't care about invisible bags!) it was a pretty good weekend. Had a good run of an AC explorable branch and got my Ele to level 50.

Really loving dagger/dagger. I may focus on some Wuv for now with this character and work on getting a couple of others (maybe me Mesmer and Guardian or Engineer) closer to 50.

Beltaine wrote: »
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Anyone notice that in the youtube video, the weapons had a 4 hour timer?

I am disappoint.

I saw that, but then I also read that you can transmute them onto weapons with the stats you want.
    So I dunno if that means the transmute goes away after 4 hours or what.

Also, I don't feel ashamed to say that I will probably be spending some real money for gems to open black lion chests, etc. for the Halloween event.

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Oh haha... I guess he didn't put it in this thread or anything.

I actually transferred down a tier for a few days for WvW. The matchup against TC is just boring. I don't care about the score, I care about the battles... and they outnumber at least 5:1 in most all fights, with 3 orbs. So its boring as hell, I'll pick one person off and 10 more show up after I kill them.

Last night though, I spent about 3 hours on maguuma. Fucking glorious fun. I picked them because they are in second place, the orbs seem to stay spread out and arent stuck on one server for long in their tier. The individual fights have had rather even numbers as well.

Another thing that has really caught me off guard is the friendly people on Maguuma. Constantly I've recieved whispers from people thanking me for bailing them out in a fight, or people will ask for me to tag along. I've never seen this on FA, so its weird. They also constantly have people saying in chat, "starting group to do OBJECTIVE, x up in chat" and then you see a bunch of "x" in chat from people. Do people even party with randoms in our FA wvw zones? I dunno... or I just haven't seen it.

From my viewpoint, WvW is the endgame for me. If I'm not having fun while they STILL have free transfers, I'm going to use the transfers to have fun. NOT TO WIN... thats retarded, since stream rolling is just as terrible as being steamrolled. But ya, friday night was a blast... rest of the weekend on FA was just, wtf zerg. I'd never transfer upward in tiers though, seems lower is where the real fun is at and people aren't going apeshit to have night cappers carry them to higher tiers.

Maguuma is also where the SA Goons are and they are constantly organizing wvw stuff. There is even a public mumble. Kinda surprised to hear other servers aren't like that, this game has the biggest since of realm pride/co-operation i've seen since Dark age of camelots prime.

Got in some good WvW this weekend, last time we had sea of sorrows which kind of sucked. This time the numbers were a bit more even and i got to grenade many people.

Doing my story quest last night and it sent me to the human area (i'm a vegetable) I got side tracked for a few hours picking up random skill points and vistas. Picked up a help me find some grubs in a cave quest, which spawned or just coincidentally ended with an cave troll boss event happening. It wiped the few of us in a cave then ran outside and started terrorizing a farm, bunch of people showed up and we beat him down eventually.

Much more fun with these dynamic events than rifts invasion system.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I notice that the Orr karma vendors sell masterwork level jewelry for reasonable karma prices. (or was it rare? anyway it was non exotic).

Is there a list somewhere of which vendor sells what?

I want 'tankier' jewelry for wuvwuv. I have a set of power/precision/MF stuff for farming, but obviously that is no good for wuvwuv.

I have a set of carrion, but that is power/vit/condition damage, and the condition damage I would much rather have as toughness or something.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
    edited October 2012
    Vorpal wrote: »

This just list armors.
    http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/

It has a breakdown of where each vendor is located, what armor pieces they sell, and what stat combination per piece it has.

xgalaxy on
    In other news (seen on reddit):

- Soon you will be able to get karma from achievements
    - Soon you will be able to get karma from dungeons

The mystic forge recipe for elementalist conjured hammer has been found:
    1 scroll 100 coins 1 Gift of Lightning 250 Charged Lodestones
    http://imgur.com/a/do1Ga

H4gK2h.jpg

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    @Paladin: You didn't ruin the real economy by any chance, did you?

Haha silly there are regulations in place to keep this from happening

right

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • AyeJayeAyeJaye Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I'm sure I've said this way more than necessary already but I'm in CNDY and would love a spot in NICE if any open up today. My name number thing is themeattree.2106. see you folks in costume brawl :D

delicious.
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Madpanda wrote: »

Maguuma is also where the SA Goons are and they are constantly organizing wvw stuff. There is even a public mumble. Kinda surprised to hear other servers aren't like that, this game has the biggest since of realm pride/co-operation i've seen since Dark age of camelots prime.

Got in some good WvW this weekend, last time we had sea of sorrows which kind of sucked. This time the numbers were a bit more even and i got to grenade many people.

Another thing I noticed on Maguuma... they now probably have a much higher WvW population than FA. When we were in a matchup with them, they claimed over and over that FA out zerged them. But I feel that the last two matches discouraged a lot of people to transfer or not play. Silly, since the score is pointless anyway. What matters to me is if its fun or not, right now moving to Maguuma for a few days is turning out to be extremely fun.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    xgalaxy wrote: »

This just list armors.
    http://dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/

It has a breakdown of where each vendor is located, what armor pieces they sell, and what stat combination per piece it has.

Looks like you can get a full set of power/vita/toughness armor there, which is nice, if expensive.

steam_sig.png
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    AyeJaye wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm sure I've said this way more than necessary already but I'm in CNDY and would love a spot in NICE if any open up today. My name number thing is themeattree.2106. see you folks in costume brawl :D

All Candymancers will be invited to NICE later tonight by Entaru. Dysprosius went ahead and did the cull, so we now have 150 free slots in NICE. Candymancers have first priority, then we'll grab anyone else that wants in.

Just being in CNDY is all you need to do. The rest will take care of itself.

• Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    Is anyone online to get me into CNDY?

steam_sig.png
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    All Candymancers will be invited to NICE later tonight by Entaru. Dysprosius went ahead and did the cull, so we now have 150 free slots in NICE. Candymancers have first priority, then we'll grab anyone else that wants in.

Oh dang... so we have 350 people still? I thought there would be less.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kafka87 wrote: »

You dropped from NICE earlier to make room for others, right? I don't think you should need to get into CNDY for another invite.
    Badwrong wrote: »

Oh dang... so we have 350 people still? I thought there would be less.

Yep. Still dropped 30% of the guild which is pretty good.

• DysprosiusDysprosius Eclectic Registered User regular
    Yeah surprisingly we have a lot of people who logged in and were removed from Inactive status (~100). I think the fact remains that we have people representing timezones from all over the world and that is a pretty cool thing. We'll be doing another cull closer to the holidays in a few months in another effort to ramp up our minimum online presence.

In the mean time, cool to welcome the CNDY peeps in!

"History is Written by the Victors"
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    it'll be interesting to see if we still need overflow guilds after the cull/reconsolidation. Glad to see so many people still playing though. :)

253J736.png
    Seidkona
  • fyastarterfyastarter Registered User regular
    [quote="Entaru;24647593"

I've put you on my external list. What this means is that tonight, as long as there is room you'll go straight into NICE. If the culling doesn't cull enough spots then I'll have to stick you in CNDY temporarily with the first open spot going to you.

Edit: looks like there will be room and I'll be getting you into NICE. [/quote]

Appreciated

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    We are legion, apparently.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    xgalaxy wrote: »
    In other news (seen on reddit):

- Soon you will be able to get karma from achievements
    - Soon you will be able to get karma from dungeons

The mystic forge recipe for elementalist conjured hammer has been found:
    1 scroll 100 coins 1 Gift of Lightning 250 Charged Lodestones
    http://imgur.com/a/do1Ga

H4gK2h.jpg

INTERESTING. Looks like I'm putting both karma farming and dungeon running on hold until these changes go through. Were there any details for when we may be seeing these updates?

And that hammer... Interesting to learn there are still probably quite a few recipes out there for gear that people do not know about.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If you sell something to someone witha buy order do you still pay the listing fee? Or just the transaction fee?

Also, it would probably behoove you to take the big game with this method to low level mats that are rarer than they should be, like the cloth mats where this is probably already being done.

Why? Because the way you get screwed doing this is if a person calls your bluff and fills all your buy orders before you can react. They have to be able to generate loads of supply quickly or have an abundance of them in the bank. If nobody but you has all the item, nobody will know what you're doing, and they'll get nice and comfortable farming jute or whatever and selling it to the poor, ignorant masses that need jute but can't compete with your buffer until wait a minute, where did those 10,000 jute orders go? Back in my pocket, that's where, and now you have stacks of jute you've been farming and trading at what you thought was a legitimate buy-sell fluctuation that are suddenly worth half of what they were 2 hours ago. Ha, ha, you lose.

This is the easiest way to manipulate the market aside from taking context from game changes (this of course was used in combination with the halloween event to inflate chest prices). There is no easy way to spot this aside from getting data not only about the high-low fluctuation, but the size of the buffers at the top and bottom of those highs and lows. If you're buying low and selling high, and suddenly you notice that the bottom drops out of the buy market but the price is still up, drop out yourself and sell everything and put on a low buy buffer based on history to increase your stockpiles at cheap rates. Item stacks = safety, and gold = power. The more gold you have, the better your buy buffer, and you can engage in bidding wars with people like yourself to artificially increase prices, and then unload all your stacks on to them while canceling your buy orders. It's always good to make buy orders on top of other hefty buy orders and cancel a lot to put you at the end of the buy queue (if such a thing exists). If you successfully do this, you have sacrificed your safety in that particular market to cripple your competitors, who will now own loads of worthless item stacks with which to spike you if they still have gold leftover, and you can decide to replay the game by buying the stacks back cheap or move on to another market if the fish don't bite but instead take their excess fat and try to hook you next time.

An addendum to the method is that you should probably start sniping sell orders once you've passed the profit fee gap to artificially increase the sell ceiling and use those profits to reinforce and elevate the buy floor, but definitely keep tabs on how much selling is actually going on - once people wise up and start lowering their stagnating sell prices in bulk (having eaten the transaction fee), you should think about pulling out if you can't keep eating the ceiling. Your buy competitors will also lose their patience and take any dip in prices to mean that the long winter is finally over, so that's the prize interval where you sell everything you have and keep a sharp, sharp eye on your buy barricade, and cancel it once the sellers and long term stockers start unloading by the barrel. This is where you can possibly be foiled by auction botters since the whole thing depends on you canceling your buy faster than people can sell stacks and stacks to you.

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    If you sell something to someone witha buy order do you still pay the listing fee? Or just the transaction fee?

I believe you are screwed out of 15% on every successful sale no matter what and 5% on an unsuccessful sale that you release. Buyers have no fees whatsoever.

• AyeJayeAyeJaye Registered User regular
    And I thought I was king shit because I put all my gold in gems when the halloween event was announced. Damn Paladin. Damn.

Once I get return on that I am definitely going to lose it all trying to ape your shortsell strategy.

delicious.
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Entaru wrote: »
    I just realized this patch will probably reset everyone back to inactive again. (Such an inaccurate way to try have to run a guild. . .)

So if you didn't get logged in to get put into the right guild rank you'd better do it quick.

Edit: This message only applies to NICE. I'm handeling it a bit different in CNDY.

Any one have any estimates as to how many NICE spots will be culled?

I logged in recently and messed about, how were those ranks being applied? (I believe I was not part of those ranks). Apologies if I missed the train of information.

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Someday I'm gonna be wearing the CoE light armor and swinging around the ghostly greatsword (or whatever it's called, the one that looks like the guardian one) and just basically being fucking rad all the time. There's a tiny part of me that wonders if I don't want the glowy one more than I want twilight.

About stat combinations on exotics: I believe that between them Orr karma vendors sell every stat combination for 5 out of 6 pieces. For example, I bought soldier's (power/vitality/toughness) exotic light armor, everything except the legs was sold by Orr karma vendors.

Here's a good place to check if they have the stats you want: dulfy.net/2012/09/08/gw2-templegod-karma-armor-sets/#1

Yougottawanna on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

I believe you are screwed out of 15% on every successful sale no matter what and 5% on an unsuccessful sale that you release. Buyers have no fees whatsoever.

I would need more visual aids to be able to understand the posts you've made in the last few hours.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
    edited October 2012
    I just realized this patch will probably reset everyone back to inactive again. (Such an inaccurate way to try have to run a guild. . .)

So if you didn't get logged in to get put into the right guild rank you'd better do it quick.

Edit: This message only applies to NICE. I'm handeling it a bit different in CNDY.

Any one have any estimates as to how many NICE spots will be culled?

I logged in recently and messed about, how were those ranks being applied? (I believe I was not part of those ranks). Apologies if I missed the train of information.

That was probably good enough. Worst case scenario you log in and are deguilded. If you find yourself cold and alone we can send a pack of wolves to eat. . .

I mean we can let you back in the guild.

Seidkona on
  • Kafka87Kafka87 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

You dropped from NICE earlier to make room for others, right? I don't think you should need to get into CNDY for another invite.

@Geod, yeah I did. An invite back in would be great if there is space. Happy to get into CNDY to make it all easier though if it helps.

Kafka87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how we go about getting the world completion reward thingie if we did the one bugged place? Or are the 2 tokens it?

PSN: jfrofl
    I kind of hope the karma for achievements is retroactive, at least for 'once only' accomplishments.

steam_sig.png
    I kind of hope the karma for achievements is retroactive, at least for 'once only' accomplishments.

I thought the same thing. I'd be really disappointed if we don't, and if it's a decent chunk of karma.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Reset all achievements only answer.

@Geod, yeah I did. An invite back in would be great if there is space. Happy to get into CNDY to make it all easier though if it helps.

At this point it's 6 of one half dozen of another, @Kafka87. PM me or mail me in game and I'll get you on the external list and make sure you get into NICE.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Look guys, the best way to get money in GW2 is to hoard cosmetics and fluff items and wait for GW3 to be announced and then sell everything for 100+ plat.

Huggles
    And I thought I was king shit because I put all my gold in gems when the halloween event was announced. Damn Paladin. Damn.

Once I get return on that I am definitely going to lose it all trying to ape your shortsell strategy.

Before you do this you need to practice what to do when your safety net starts getting attacked, because every item sold to you rather than someone else when you're on the buffer part of the plan is your loss due to the seller's fee. You need to enter a market where the demand outweight supply because you need those people who think they're so cunning making buy orders for 1 copper more than the lowest offering to always exist. If you're doing it with crafting mats, it's safer but less profitable to work on non-crafting days because there is less bulk buying, but if you have a good trigger finger you can work on crafting days while making extensive use of the barricades already in place. It's way too easy to panic when you see yourself starting to buy stacks of 250 (btw, if you ever see yourself buying stacks of 250 all at once instead of in trickles, seriously think of bugging out) so you have to learn muscle memory for canceling buy orders and re-establishing a price floor.

This sort of strategy is basically why gold farmers exist so you'd better believe there will be competition out there in the form of recognizable bulks of transactions. If you don't want the heat, just practice the skill of recognizing the strength of buy and sell buffers and recognize when the buy buffer/floor is strong and the sell buffer/ceiling is weak (the price will go up, buy) and the sell buffer/ceiling is strong and the buy buffer/floor is weak (the price will go down, sell) instead of manipulating the market. The key takeaway here, of course, is that the former situation could be a mirage and a nefarious person may be behind that scheme, so you can sell with relative impunity but you may have to refresh the database a lot when you try to buy cheap, cause if someone is holding a rug under you then you'll have to sell quick, and at a loss. Research again helps here when comparing the current price floor to the actual price floor and you can basically do that with a graph and a little common sense regarding game changes. This is the vanilla way to do it and is relatively stressless provided you are educated how it is possible to manipulate the market and be taken advantage of if you don't know what signs to look for. Just remember that for some items, a sell buffer is 1000. Some have a sell buffer of 10000 and 1000 is nothing. Just another market property of the item that you have to watch out for in addition to the graph.

Remember, sometime in the future everyone who plays this game will have at least 1 level 80 character with one or two 400 level skills, at which point it will not be profitable to craft anything at all. If you're going to do it, do it through the guild based on a mail trust system. You can't trust low volume trading when there's reports of trade bots around.

TLDR starcraft micromanage your buys but calculate and deliberate your sells. Or just play the game and only learn when to sell, screw buying anything for profit. Start a guild bank system for manufacturing precursors to bypass the ridiculous auction house with its ridiculous fees (mail trading of exos for gold between guild members and kick all non-compliers, then the fee-free sale of precursors to interested rich members on trust, cash up front).

This discussion has been closed.