As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Look guys, the best way to get money in GW2 is to hoard cosmetics and fluff items and wait for GW3 to be announced and then sell everything for 100+ plat.

Oh, wintergreen bow. You didn't let me down.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    xgalaxy wrote: »
    In other news (seen on reddit):

- Soon you will be able to get karma from achievements
    - Soon you will be able to get karma from dungeons

The mystic forge recipe for elementalist conjured hammer has been found:
    1 scroll 100 coins 1 Gift of Lightning 250 Charged Lodestones
    http://imgur.com/a/do1Ga

H4gK2h.jpg

So the elementalist weapon skins can be made with the mystic forge, huh?

I'm super tempted. That is one snazzy looking hammer.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • ScisScis Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I Spvpd some more last night and got some practice in. Finally starting to learn the maps and I have a new staff and sword/torch build that's good for defending points.

I can't remember the name of the map, but the one where the trebuchets are: where is the repair kit?

Didn't see anyone answer this, but the repair kit shows up on your minimap as a gear with your team's colour around it. From your treb, just go straight between clock tower and the point closest to your spawn and you'll find it.

Scis on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So I found the perfect Mesmer greatsword. It's called vision of the mists, it's 250 ectos, 250 ori gs blades, 1 scroll and 100 mystic coins. It's a thing of beauty. it would cost ~90g to make outright. I have 8 so it's a nice dream.

A5NhL.jpg

initiatefailure on
    Qanamil
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Livestream @ 1:30 PST discussing the update for today :D

twitch.tv/GuildWars2

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Is there a mystic forge recipe that looks like the spirit weapon greatsword? With what I wanna wear the blue will actually go better than the purple.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Interesting, thought the update would have gone live already.

Is there an exact time or just "sometime today"?

In other news, I need to be less busy and play more :C

Qanamil on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is there a mystic forge recipe that looks like the spirit weapon greatsword? With what I wanna wear the blue will actually go better than the purple.

There is! i just don't know what it's called or how to make it. but i've seen it.

• xgalaxyxgalaxy Registered User regular

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire's_Essence

GW2: Rancid Cupcake (Necro), Ranch Dressing (Ranger)
    edited October 2012
    Halloween weapons:
    Hey guys, since there’s been a lot of questions, here’s the deal with the weapon skins. Basically there are two types of weapons for this event:

Craftable – There are a number of weapons that can be crafted from materials that come from Halloween content. They are exotic and they have their own stats. You can craft these at any time of the year, but there are certain components that will only drop during Halloween. Since these weapons are really cool, we allow you to rent them from an in-game vendor in Lion’s Arch. They’re pretty cheap (you can buy them without paying gold) and yes, they expire in four hours. Basically, everyone will have a chance to get in the spirit of the season. To that effect, these weapons have auto-scaling stats but you can’t transmute them. For those of you who want to stay “festive” all year round, you’ll have to delve in the content and put the weapons together.

Purchasable Skins – These are available in the Black Lion Chests. They are a one-time use skin that you can apply to anything, I believe, and from there transmute that appearance to something else if you need to. You cannot rent these from that vendor in Lion’s Arch.

There’s also a bunch more gear, goodies, and crafting recipes to be discovered in the content itself!

Matts of any kind are going to be hella expensive for the next week or two...

xgalaxy on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So I found the perfect Mesmer greatsword. It's called vision of the mists, it's 250 ectos, 250 ori gs blades, 1 scroll and 100 mystic coins. It's a thing of beauty. it would cost ~90g to make outright. I have 8 so it's a nice dream.

This is actually my mid-term goal to craft. I figure when ectos get down to 10s each, I'll start investing in them. Orichalcum is still super hard to get (and apparantly getting harder, with randomized respawn timers on the nodes) so the price on those bits are unlikely to drop in the near term. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to jump into the market for everything, I'll have collected at least some of the parts myself, lessening the hit to my bank account.

In the much shorter term, I'm looking at crafting an Accursed Chains focus. I'd rather have the Spirit Links, but the recipe is still unknown and I'm 100% sure it will involve another 250 ectos, and 500 ectos for two items just is not realistic.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Argh, I just dumped alot of surplus mats into the TP... At least I still have my orichalcum reserves.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • AyeJayeAyeJaye Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Paladin wrote: »
    AyeJaye wrote: »
    And I thought I was king shit because I put all my gold in gems when the halloween event was announced. Damn Paladin. Damn.

Once I get return on that I am definitely going to lose it all trying to ape your shortsell strategy.

Before you do this you need to practice what to do when your safety net starts getting attacked, because every item sold to you rather than someone else when you're on the buffer part of the plan is your loss due to the seller's fee. You need to enter a market where the demand outweight supply because you need those people who think they're so cunning making buy orders for 1 copper more than the lowest offering to always exist. If you're doing it with crafting mats, it's safer but less profitable to work on non-crafting days because there is less bulk buying, but if you have a good trigger finger you can work on crafting days while making extensive use of the barricades already in place. It's way too easy to panic when you see yourself starting to buy stacks of 250 (btw, if you ever see yourself buying stacks of 250 all at once instead of in trickles, seriously think of bugging out) so you have to learn muscle memory for canceling buy orders and re-establishing a price floor.

This sort of strategy is basically why gold farmers exist so you'd better believe there will be competition out there in the form of recognizable bulks of transactions. If you don't want the heat, just practice the skill of recognizing the strength of buy and sell buffers and recognize when the buy buffer/floor is strong and the sell buffer/ceiling is weak (the price will go up, buy) and the sell buffer/ceiling is strong and the buy buffer/floor is weak (the price will go down, sell) instead of manipulating the market. The key takeaway here, of course, is that the former situation could be a mirage and a nefarious person may be behind that scheme, so you can sell with relative impunity but you may have to refresh the database a lot when you try to buy cheap, cause if someone is holding a rug under you then you'll have to sell quick, and at a loss. Research again helps here when comparing the current price floor to the actual price floor and you can basically do that with a graph and a little common sense regarding game changes. This is the vanilla way to do it and is relatively stressless provided you are educated how it is possible to manipulate the market and be taken advantage of if you don't know what signs to look for. Just remember that for some items, a sell buffer is 1000. Some have a sell buffer of 10000 and 1000 is nothing. Just another market property of the item that you have to watch out for in addition to the graph.

Remember, sometime in the future everyone who plays this game will have at least 1 level 80 character with one or two 400 level skills, at which point it will not be profitable to craft anything at all. If you're going to do it, do it through the guild based on a mail trust system. You can't trust low volume trading when there's reports of trade bots around.

TLDR starcraft micromanage your buys but calculate and deliberate your sells. Or just play the game and only learn when to sell, screw buying anything for profit. Start a guild bank system for manufacturing precursors to bypass the ridiculous auction house with its ridiculous fees (mail trading of exos for gold between guild members and kick all non-compliers, then the fee-free sale of precursors to interested rich members on trust, cash up front).

Good points; I think I'm not going to jump into it too fast by trying to set the trends myself. It seems way less risky to get an idea of how to recognize and play on them before trying any kind of high-investment manipulation so I'm just going to keep an eye on which way the buffers are going and buy/sell accordingly. That strategy at least seems to need less twitch response to make sure I don't end up with stacks and stacks of things worth half of what I paid for them. Hopefully I'll have a good amount of gold to play around with after gem prices inevitably get ridiculous and I cash out. Thanks for the advice by the way, you've thought this stuff through more than any sources I've found online, which stick mostly to reiterating what buy orders are and giving hints about markets that have gone stale now that the author has gotten theirs out of it.

AyeJaye on
    delicious.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Why did I get a warning today that says please consider changing your password? Do these messages just pop up so often or is there a reason?

Steam: offday
    anoffday wrote: »
    Why did I get a warning today that says please consider changing your password? Do these messages just pop up so often or is there a reason?

That's normal. They're trying to get anyone who has non unique passwords to change them so they can be vetted against an internal black list. If you're account password is secure you can safely ignore it.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I got the same message and tried adding the Google Authenticator app to my account but the QR code keeps registering as invalid.

*sigh*

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Halloween weapons:
    Hey guys, since there’s been a lot of questions, here’s the deal with the weapon skins. Basically there are two types of weapons for this event:

Craftable – There are a number of weapons that can be crafted from materials that come from Halloween content. They are exotic and they have their own stats. You can craft these at any time of the year, but there are certain components that will only drop during Halloween. Since these weapons are really cool, we allow you to rent them from an in-game vendor in Lion’s Arch. They’re pretty cheap (you can buy them without paying gold) and yes, they expire in four hours. Basically, everyone will have a chance to get in the spirit of the season. To that effect, these weapons have auto-scaling stats but you can’t transmute them. For those of you who want to stay “festive” all year round, you’ll have to delve in the content and put the weapons together.

Purchasable Skins – These are available in the Black Lion Chests. They are a one-time use skin that you can apply to anything, I believe, and from there transmute that appearance to something else if you need to. You cannot rent these from that vendor in Lion’s Arch.

There’s also a bunch more gear, goodies, and crafting recipes to be discovered in the content itself!

Hmm 4 hours is supershort. Regular cash shop games tend to rent out items for 1/3/7 days.

Also: glad to see that the candy corn golem is still a thing.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Halloween weapons:

Hmm 4 hours is supershort. Regular cash shop games tend to rent out items for 1/3/7 days.

Also: glad to see that the candy corn golem is still a thing.

The 4 hours you can purchase with the Halloween currency. Not real money. You can make the items to keep permenantly as well.

edited October 2012
    From live feed:

Things going in to this build, other builds, the future:
    - More rewards from dailies, monthlies
    - Loot table updates to dungeons / puzzles
    - New locations
    - Exciting halloween dynamic events
    - More jumping puzzles (more challenging)
    - Mini dungeons
    - Halloween only maps
    - No exclusive 80 only Halloween content
    - Some Halloween specific content will autolevel low level players (similar to WvW)
    - Halloween craftables can be made anytime of year, but only certain resources spawn during Halloween
    - Will have content that permanently changes the world (one time events also)
    - New achievements
    - A lot of bug fixes going into Halloween build:
    --- more rewarding (karma for dungeons, karma for achievements)
    --- balance changes
    --- event fixes

xgalaxy on
    QanamilNeurotika
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

This is actually my mid-term goal to craft. I figure when ectos get down to 10s each, I'll start investing in them. Orichalcum is still super hard to get (and apparantly getting harder, with randomized respawn timers on the nodes) so the price on those bits are unlikely to drop in the near term. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to jump into the market for everything, I'll have collected at least some of the parts myself, lessening the hit to my bank account.

In the much shorter term, I'm looking at crafting an Accursed Chains focus. I'd rather have the Spirit Links, but the recipe is still unknown and I'm 100% sure it will involve another 250 ectos, and 500 ectos for two items just is not realistic.

Fortaspenwood.blogspot.ca takes the guesswork out of orch/ancient wood nodes.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    KARMA FOR DUNGEONSSSSSS GOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOOOOOO

DemonStacey
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    From live feed:

- New locations
    - Mini dungeons
    - Halloween only maps
    - Some Halloween specific content will autolevel low level players (similar to WvW)
    - Halloween craftables can be made anytime of year, but only certain resources spawn during Halloween
    - New achievements
    --- balance changes
    --- event fixes

Karma for dungeons in this patch? HOT DAMN!

And updated loot tables? Dungeons offering me karma AND cash monies!?!?!?! SQUUEEEEEEEE

DemonStacey on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So basically hoard halloween drops, wait till later when crafting is cheaper before crafting.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

The 4 hours you can purchase with the Halloween currency. Not real money. You can make the items to keep permenantly as well.

Kind of besides the point i was trying to make that its just a short time to rent an item. I understand that it doesnt cost you any money so thats good.

edited October 2012
    Maybe tonight might be a good time to try some dungeons. I haven't done *any* dungeons so far.

But I'm assuming I should be geared up properly first? I'm still using lvl 75s on my newly minted 80. But crafting exotic's expensive (and about to be even more so), and I'm dirt poor and crafting or dungeon's the only way to get the Knight's set it seems. My 40k or so karma is probably going to a hammer until I up my weaponsmith.

Dracil on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    From live feed:

- New locations
    - Mini dungeons
    - Halloween only maps
    - New achievements
    --- balance changes
    --- event fixes

Karma for dungeons in this patch? HOT DAMN!

Anyone interested in some explorable TA and/or Arah tonight?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    I'm up for explorable Arah tonight, depending on what other halloween events are going on

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    So basically hoard halloween drops, wait till later when crafting is cheaper before crafting.

Hoard halloween drops, sell the materials for mad dosh.

Halloween events tonight, and possibly a little dungeoning. I'm 3 runs from being done with CoF armor. THREE. RUNS.

• BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    CM explorable, please.

At least until I get 500 tokens.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I'd be in for some TA Explorable.

Edit: Also any of the other explorables.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
    And Done. All people active in CNDY have been invited to NICE. If I missed you let me know.

How much space is left @Entaru ?

Alright, looking around, these dungeons seem to have what I'm looking for in terms of stats:

sorrow's embrace/dredge armor for knight
    citadel of flame/flame legion for berserker
    arah/orrian armor for knight

But how hard are dungeons? Don't want to be a liability.

And since I don't really have any exotics, I'd probably run any dungeons just to get better temporary armor.

edited October 2012
    Hard to tell as it doesn't count those waiting for response in the tally. let me count.

Edit: Guild has 355 members and 81 pending invites.

Seidkona on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I'm not the best player, but explorable dungeons are definitely doable as long as you have a plan. I PUG'd my way through 3 Caduceus Manor explorable runs. Average runtime was about 1:30, so no horror stories from me. The key is not getting frustrated if you wipe, it just means you have to switch tactics or be more careful. There are tricks for each dungeon, boss and path, you just learn by doing it.

manwiththemachinegun on
    edited October 2012
    I guess more in terms of gear. Will a level 80 in masterwork 75-78 armor be a liability? If so, I'll probably just spend the night doing DEs for money.

Dracil on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh my god so hoarding holloween mats for after when they no longer drop.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Dracil, spend some time in the BLTS, get all masterwork 80 armor for cheap, like a couple silver a pop. then work on getting some rare pieces for 20s a pop, then work on your exotic which is 2-3g a pop.

No reason you cant be in at least level 80 masterwork armor. Not to mention you can buy a lot of level 80 masterwork gear for karma.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    How will I know when its safe to open all my black lion chests

This discussion has been closed.