As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Well I'm already a 350 armorsmith. I'll probably just finish leveling it to 400 and get my armor that way. I have about 40k karma and 20 silver in my name.

I'm waiting for people to talk about the drop rates of HW items before opening mine. Which also means I'll know it's safe to open.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    I guess more in terms of gear. Will a level 80 in masterwork 75-78 armor be a liability? If so, I'll probably just spend the night doing DEs for money.
    Not if you don't suck.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I guess more in terms of gear. Will a level 80 in masterwork 75-78 armor be a liability? If so, I'll probably just spend the night doing DEs for money.

A level 80 can kit themselves out in full masterwork (green) equipment for less than 50 silver total.

I've managed to upgrade three pieces to rare (yellow), at a cost of about 5g total. It would probably take 10g for a complete rare (yellow) set at level 80.

Exotics (gold/orange) are ridiculous in cost.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    10g for a complete yellow set?! what

What were you buying? Yellows range from 20s-50s

override367 on
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    When someone screams in LA "omg look what I got"

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    xgalaxy wrote: »
    From live feed:

- New locations

They said we'd get that in updates for GW 1, and we only got Sorrows Furnace and a PVE reworking of some PvP maps for Tombs when they moved all PvP to the Battle Isles. Granted, they went all out on Sorrows Furnace with two locations, new weapon types (uniques), and a totally new boss with a unique mechanic for fighting it, but still.

I'll believe this when I see it. I was very disappointed when I saw such a huge amount of the Tyria map unused.

-Loki- on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    How does Putrid Mark work exactly? Does it effect all foes and allies in area, or just some? And if there's like one ally and three foes, does it remove all conditions from the ally and copy them to all three foes?

Also, more generally, what are good necromancer builds for pve/dungeons/wvw? Conditions - build with scepter/dagger + staff, BiP+epidemic etc seems obvious, what else is good?

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Is the general consensus that you're going to be buying Black Lion Keys? I don't mind plopping some money down here and there, but if it gets to be that you more or less need to do it, that would dampen my spirits.

I like that you can trade gems for gold. I bought $20 worth of gems and turned in 100 gems for 50sp on my newbie little character. I felt like a baller. This makes gold sellers pretty much a thing of the past. I'd rather people who want to buy gold in the game do so while supporting said game rather than some off-shore sweat shop.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    You can buy a full level 80 rare armour set for ~70 silver, add in another 40 silver for 3 weapons (2 hander + 1 main + off hand). You can easily kit yourself out for 1.2 G with rares.

You can get 1 G by mining all the orichalcum ore nodes once a day.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    10g for a complete yellow set?! what

What were you buying? Yellows range from 20s-50s

Six armor peices and three weapons at 20 to 50s each. Call that 2 to 3g.

Plus signets and runes (total of six runes and three signets) all of which cost another 20 to 50s each, closer to 50s for the popular ones like Berserker's. That's another 2 to 4g right there.

And dont forget you also need five accessories (two earrings, two rings, one amulet) all of which are 30 to 50s each. Add in another 2 to 3g.

And finally, one low level stone for the back slot plugin. (This is essentially free. I mention it only because many people dont realize you can slot in a any single-stat stone for a tiny tiny additional boost.)

On the other hand, crafting at a skill of 375+ most definitely is not free; I'd estimate around 3 to 5g to get that level (I think going from 350 to 375 was nearly 1g) plus cloth and trophies for the rare armor itself.

If you were incredibly frugal, took the lowest cost pieces on the BLTP, didn't craft a thing, took completely general non-stacked stats and and were okay with looking like a clown, you might be able to get a full set of rares for as low as 5 or 6g. I would suggest that a set of matched Masterworks would be more effective for a lot less gold, but that's just me.

For me specifically, I really wanted one particular armor skin, so I dropped 1g 88s on one merchant piece. No, that's not typical and not completely cost-effective, but I like playing Dress-Up Barbie in-game.

Maybe I'm just incredibly bad at shopping.

Stupid on

26904.png
    If things keep up the way they are, next week's WvW looks to be pretty interesting. Back with Maguuma and Dragonbrand.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    You can buy a full level 80 rare armour set for ~70 silver, add in another 40 silver for 3 weapons (2 hander + 1 main + off hand). You can easily kit yourself out for 1.2 G with rares.

You can get 1 G by mining all the orichalcum ore nodes once a day.

So then it's far better, if I am going to buy gems, to spend them on vanity items? Rather than opening Black Lion Chests in hopes of finding a rare?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Is the general consensus that you're going to be buying Black Lion Keys? I don't mind plopping some money down here and there, but if it gets to be that you more or less need to do it, that would dampen my spirits.

I like that you can trade gems for gold. I bought $20 worth of gems and turned in 100 gems for 50sp on my newbie little character. I felt like a baller. This makes gold sellers pretty much a thing of the past. I'd rather people who want to buy gold in the game do so while supporting said game rather than some off-shore sweat shop.

How much gold do you generally get in game per $1 on gems?

edited October 2012
    Well, from Gw2spidy:
    100 gems sells for 55 s 41 c .
    100 gems costs 76 s 70 c to buy.
    100 gems costs 1.25 USD to buy.
    1 g costs 2.26 USD to buy through gems.

I believe it's technically cheaper to buy from botters (closer to 1-2g/$1 I think), but obviously that's not something we'd like to support.

There's been an overall trend of rising costs for gems though. In fact, the more gold/inflation botters inject into the game, the more valuable gems become, thus they end up driving themselves out of the market.

Dracil on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, from Gw2spidy:
    100 gems sells for 55 s 41 c .
    100 gems costs 76 s 70 c to buy.
    100 gems costs 1.25 USD to buy.
    1 g costs 2.26 USD to buy through gems.

I believe it's technically cheaper to buy from botters (closer to 1-2g/$1 I think), but obviously that's not something we'd like to support.

There's been an overall trend of rising costs for gems though. In fact, the more gold/inflation botters inject into the game, the more valuable gems become, thus they end up driving themselves out of the market.

76s is the high end for gold>gems... I got a batch closer to 68s last night (Char slot #8! Altitis cured!)

On an unrelated note, I have begun transitioning chars to repping NICE. Yay for spots being open!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 2012
    Does anyone have a link to that spreadsheet with all the armours and what stats they have? It has been posted before but I can't find it.

I want to find an armour set that is Power/Toughness/Condition damage or something close to it.

Edit- Found it: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_stat_combinations

Cobalt60 on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    If things keep up the way they are, next week's WvW looks to be pretty interesting. Back with Maguuma and Dragonbrand.

Lord knows I'd like a do-over on getting a chance to fight some of you guys. I should be ~70 by then and I'll try not to have terribad gear for the occasion.

If you guys end up with enough free slots in [NICE] to start considering adding people on other servers, I'm game to form a group of resistance fighters on Maguuma. :D

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    How long has the number 4 skill during the down state allowed you to revive yourself if you hold it down?

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Forever and ever.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    I was afraid of that.

You don't have to hold it, you just press it, too...

Xagar wrote: »

Oh, you know what it is. Whenever I have used it the channeling has always been interrupted so the effect rarely ever revived me, but this time when I used it I was reviving myself from falling damage and there wasn't anything to interrupt me.

Or something.

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

Oh, you know what it is. Whenever I have used it the channeling has always been interrupted so the effect rarely ever revived me, but this time when I used it I was reviving myself from falling damage and there wasn't anything to interrupt me.

Or something.

In my experience, the only time I ever rally with 4 is when whatever killed me wanders off after something (else) shiny.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    Also I don't know if the other down skills interrupt the channel because I am pounding on those. It may be that I don't know how to fall on the ground properly.

3+4 on guardian can sometimes put me over if the dps is low enough.

It's a channel channel. You can't do anything else while doing it. Also if you take damage it stops.

hlprmnky wrote: »

Or something.

In my experience, the only time I ever rally with 4 is when whatever killed me wanders off after something (else) shiny.

Pretty much...

The only class I can reliably rally as is Mesmer, since they have a decoy, plus great dps when downed. (As a condition build, once your staff is on cooldown for 4/5, you may as well be downed and lobbing mass confuse)

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    It's beyond 7 PM PST, are they gonna do it at 9 or something? The Event that is.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    I want Halloween ;(

Arthil wrote: »
    It's beyond 7 PM PST, are they gonna do it at 9 or something? The Event that is.

I've given up. I'm going to go play my 3DS and watch some TV and just blitz a bunch of loots tomorrow.

Polaritie wrote: »

Or something.

Pretty much...

The only class I can reliably rally as is Mesmer, since they have a decoy, plus great dps when downed. (As a condition build, once your staff is on cooldown for 4/5, you may as well be downed and lobbing mass confuse)

Necromancers can often rally as well since their #1 downed skill is a channelled life steal which often out paces any damage a single enemy will do to you. More than one enemy will still brutally finish you though.

I've also had a situation where I was downed on my ranger and called my pet bear over to revive me. The bear sat through two enemies bashing on it and another two bashing on me for a couple of minutes (I went to get a drink) after which I still wasn't defeated and was almost back to full.

• RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    If anyone's in the mood to toss me an invite, it'd be greatly appreciated. Rhapsody.1283

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I think we killed their update server. I keep erroring out.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    downloading at 100kbps yaaayy

• QuetzatcoatlQuetzatcoatl Registered User regular
    downloading at 0.0 kbps, i'm expecting to go into negatives soon

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

Or something.

Pretty much...

It feels like they've fixed this a bit. My 1 down-state attack feel slower.

A bunch of the downstates (Necro, Ranger, Guardian and Mesmer for sure) are just about waiting for your 3 to get off cooldown and then it's ass-kicking time.

Especially Mesmer. Holy fuck the Phantasmal Rogue is a fucking BEAST.

shryke on
  • AyeJayeAyeJaye Registered User regular
    I was erroring for a bit but now it's bouncing between 5kbps and 2mbps :D

See you mufuggas soon.

delicious.
  • JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Official forums gave me cancer. I can feel it slowly growing, getting bigger and bolder.

• CondimentsCondiments Registered User regular
    Mmmmmmm, ele downstate and dagger buffs, and assassin signet nerfs. I saw cone of the cold on the list and definitely thought they would nerf the heal, but they buffed it. My tough to kill ele just got even tougher.

Awesome.

• CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    They just buffed the crap out of dagger ele's.

This discussion has been closed.