Options

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Is anyone still doing tier 1 fractals? I'm still at only level 5 or 6 (don't remember). I wanna get into tier 2 and hope the rings I want drop.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Is anyone still doing tier 1 fractals? I'm still at only level 5 or 6 (don't remember). I wanna get into tier 2 and hope the rings I want drop.

I think there's a number of folks doing tier 1 fractals. I'm spending the week helping folks try to get closer to 10 so everyone interested in fractals can do 10 for the potential chance at free ascended rings.

I do owe some of the folks who can do 10+ for helping me get a ring, so I may help them out when requested.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

most people are on tier 1.

Ill do my runs around 7-10 est tonight. I do 3. a 2, a 10, and 1 run to help lowbies on whatever step they need.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    So if I have like 100 ectos chilling in the bank I should be dumping them as soon as I get home?

What do we think about t6 mats? Will they be dropping? Is it a bad time to buy them?

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So if I have like 100 ectos chilling in the bank I should be dumping them as soon as I get home?

What do we think about t6 mats? Will they be dropping? Is it a bad time to buy them?

30G. DUMPS. SELL SELL SELL

Im holding T6's that i may need..... dont know what will happen to that market as legendaries need those badly.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

There is no profit margin for ectos, so use them in 400 recipes where profitable if you can.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm in a weird place. I get home and want to log into the game but then I don't know what class I want to play and do something else.

I think I might have pushed way too hard in the BWE's and now have some bad burn out. I still love the game I just don't know what I want to be when I am in it and it's messing with my mind, I tell ya.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options

The other folks probably know more about this than I do, but right now, the big draw for ectos and T6 mats are likely related to the creation of ascended back items and possibly a supply issue related to the reduced number of bots out there.

If they decide to lessen the required ingredients for ascended items, I guess I'd assume it'll help stabilize the prices more, since a lot of people are probably selling/listing these items now. I'm going to guess the stabilization will bring the prices back down.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I'm in a weird place. I get home and want to log into the game but then I don't know what class I want to play and do something else.

I think I might have pushed way too hard in the BWE's and now have some bad burn out. I still love the game I just don't know what I want to be when I am in it and it's messing with my mind, I tell ya.

This happened to me between getting tired of my 80 necro and the moment when I realised my guardian could practically autoattack champions to death solo. You'll find another class appeals to you eventually!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hmmm so much to think about! I don't want to make the wrong decision! I'm so close but just far enough away that extra money will help out.. but making a wrong decision and losing money would be a big set back.

AAAAAAHHHHHH.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Hmmm so much to think about! I don't want to make the wrong decision! I'm so close but just far enough away that extra money will help out.. but making a wrong decision and losing money would be a big set back.

AAAAAAHHHHHH.

you cannot lose money on this. the bots will come back or live human puppy mill farmers will. recipes will change. this can't continue to go up forever.

these were down aroun 9s at the beginning of the month. 9s. Will that return? Maybe not- but theres too much on the horizon that will allow you to aquire this stuff without all the t6 and ectos.

Now is the time to sell. Look i was in your shoes saturday night.... I have 100 ectos on the nose saved up for my back piece.... its not worth it, the lead designer says changes are coming- burn the suckers. Burn the rubes. BE A CARNEY. sell sell sell

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »

This happened to me between getting tired of my 80 necro and the moment when I realised my guardian could practically autoattack champions to death solo. You'll find another class appeals to you eventually!

I stopped with my guardian because he was too easy. My engineer is more fun but something is missing. I'll figure out something and get back in sometime soon.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Also and I had this discussion in TS3 with a few people. We have so many folks chances are someone may have received one of these...

the dungeons drop BOP recipes for jewel-crafting. If you get one, You will be rich forever. the crafted items are not BOP. You can sell them. Each dungeon has one- the main mat is tokens.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/36587

They are hella rare. But the profits on them are insane. So.... if you have any of the recipes, congrats.

Well, it's new, and it does requires 200 blooms, which would mean that you can only craft one once every 2 days or so (since nobody runs forward->forward).

• Options
    So today, it costs roughly 4 gold to buy a black lion salvage kit (16s per use) and 15.36s to buy the master kit (61c per use). Using the example I had posted yesterday, it costs roughly 25.75s to make a rare lv 80 greatsword (cost of t5 blues + expected profit from just selling the basic ore/wood).

My average when using a black lion kit has typically been around 1.5 ectos per salvage (~100 salvages). I've found a number of posts throughout the month that suggest the mystic/master salvage kits get around 0.8 ectos per salvage. So if we assume you get, say, 0.75 ectos per salvage, each rare you salvage nets you about (0.75*29.92s)*0.85-0.61c = 19.01s on average after tax.

For rare items you find, most seem to go for 20+ silver on the TP, so Paladin might be on to something here. If this is the case and my math isn't terrible, it means if you can sell your rares on the TP for at least 22.36 silver, that's probably a better way to go.

Making rares to salvage for ectos doesn't appear to be worth it either with any kit. If using a black lion kit and my 1.5 rate seems to be useful, the cost per salvage is 41.75s per salvage using the above 25.75s cost + 16s per use cost of the BL kit. (1.5*29.92s)*0.85 = 38.15s.

Unless I'm missing something? It looks like selling your rares is the best, more reliable way to go.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    perhaps i should start trying to level my necro through AC and WvW... lvl 37 right now, will be 38 after the current story mission. he can go get enough AC tokens to buy my ranger the axe, then start making fat stacks.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I wonder if that means other items will get reviewed, too. The Anomaly that I'm currently working towards takes 250 Ectoplasm to create in the forge.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Ardor wrote: »
    So today, it costs roughly 4 gold to buy a black lion salvage kit (16s per use) and 15.36s to buy the master kit (61c per use). Using the example I had posted yesterday, it costs roughly 25.75s to make a rare lv 80 greatsword (cost of t5 blues + expected profit from just selling the basic ore/wood).

My average when using a black lion kit has typically been around 1.5 ectos per salvage (~100 salvages). I've found a number of posts throughout the month that suggest the mystic/master salvage kits get around 0.8 ectos per salvage. So if we assume you get, say, 0.75 ectos per salvage, each rare you salvage nets you about (0.75*29.92s)*0.85-0.61c = 19.01s on average after tax.

For rare items you find, most seem to go for 20+ silver on the TP, so Paladin might be on to something here. If this is the case and my math isn't terrible, it means if you can sell your rares on the TP for at least 22.36 silver, that's probably a better way to go.

Making rares to salvage for ectos doesn't appear to be worth it either with any kit. If using a black lion kit and my 1.5 rate seems to be useful, the cost per salvage is 41.75s per salvage using the above 25.75s cost + 16s per use cost of the BL kit. (1.5*29.92s)*0.85 = 38.15s.

Unless I'm missing something? It looks like selling your rares is the best, more reliable way to go.

You are in luck! we were hashing this out this weekend! TY again sage and Telly!

Sage and telly did the math- mystic kits are between .9 and .93 ectos per use (this is over hundreds of attempts each)... so they are VIABLE if you do not have a BLK that you got off a chest or ques for free. Do not buy those kits right now- too pricey for the return.

The break even point (again this is hard math not an anecdote) on mats is 1.4s (as of Saturday) As in I make daggers for free (i farm the mats) minus buying the 15 t5s. As long as those mats are 1.4s or lower- I am going to profit (ie i can handle a few bad pulls of zero off the salvages). Simple as that.

You should not use ectos unless it for a personal weapon, or doodad. Ecto profits are all in sales right now.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular

Or if you're like @Huggles and I, you'll just level all of them. >.>

I really need to steal your sig format, do you mind if I steal it?

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options

AAAAAAHHHHHH.

you cannot lose money on this. the bots will come back or live human puppy mill farmers will. recipes will change. this can't continue to go up forever.

these were down aroun 9s at the beginning of the month. 9s. Will that return? Maybe not- but theres too much on the horizon that will allow you to aquire this stuff without all the t6 and ectos.

Now is the time to sell. Look i was in your shoes saturday night.... I have 100 ectos on the nose saved up for my back piece.... its not worth it, the lead designer says changes are coming- burn the suckers. Burn the rubes. BE A CARNEY. sell sell sell

Yes, I will totally dump the ectos. The t6 mats I'm a little more unsure about.

@Serious_Scrub

Waitwait, so FF is the 'hard' one? I was having that convo with my GF last night and we couldn't remember which the 'hard' one was. They all seemed exactly the same when I ran them. We thought it may have been Up and that FF was the easiest... totally don't remember which path is which.

• Options
    that's good to know, that the BLSK has a higher salvage rate than a Mystic kit, i got one of those from a daily awhile back. but i also have 3 mystik kits D:

as far as just selling rares, when i was doing LW from 375 to 400, i made 5 rares, 3 carrion because i had the mats, and 2 knights because scales were the cheapest fine at the time. they all sold for ~30s.

when i did Huntsman, however, since i didn't have enough ecto to make my exotic shortbow, instead of selling those 5 rares i made, i salvaged them with a mystic kit, and ended up getting 5 ecto, average of 5, if i remember right, 2 gave me no ecto, 1 gave me 1, and 2 gave me 2. in the end, i got 5 for 5. overall, from salvaging rares i've gotten as drops, i think i'm below 1:1 though.

• Options
    @daemonsadi i've heard F-U is the hardest, F-F is the second. UP is ezpz.

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Feldorn wrote: »
    that's good to know, that the BLSK has a higher salvage rate than a Mystic kit, i got one of those from a daily awhile back. but i also have 3 mystik kits D:

as far as just selling rares, when i was doing LW from 375 to 400, i made 5 rares, 3 carrion because i had the mats, and 2 knights because scales were the cheapest fine at the time. they all sold for ~30s.

when i did Huntsman, however, since i didn't have enough ecto to make my exotic shortbow, instead of selling those 5 rares i made, i salvaged them with a mystic kit, and ended up getting 5 ecto, average of 5, if i remember right, 2 gave me no ecto, 1 gave me 1, and 2 gave me 2. in the end, i got 5 for 5. overall, from salvaging rares i've gotten as drops, i think i'm below 1:1 though.

Whats important to note is the Mystic kits on small batches can burn you hard. they have a tendency to pull a string of zeros. You want to do them in bulk to mitigate that as much as possible.

I did a 14 salvages the other night..... pulled 4 ectos. Ouch. but it evens back out over time.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    @daemonsadi i've heard F-U is the hardest, F-F is the second. UP is ezpz.

None of the paths is hard per se, just happens that F-F takes about thrice as long as the other two combined, and if you ever fuck up and die it takes forever to run, as it is long as hell with just one waypoint at the start.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    An explorable dungeon revamp in regards to difficulty/duration rolled in with the rest of the ascended gear being added into the game would be highly appreciated.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

You are in luck! we were hashing this out this weekend! TY again sage and Telly!

Sage and telly did the math- mystic kits are between .9 and .93 ectos per use (this is over hundreds of attempts each)... so they are VIABLE if you do not have a BLK that you got off a chest or ques for free. Do not buy those kits right now- too pricey for the return.

The break even point (again this is hard math not an anecdote) on mats is 1.4s (as of Saturday) As in I make daggers for free (i farm the mats) minus buying the 15 t5s. As long as those mats are 1.4s or lower- I am going to profit (ie i can handle a few bad pulls of zero off the salvages). Simple as that.

You should not use ectos unless it for a personal weapon, or doodad. Ecto profits are all in sales right now.

For rares you find:
    Using 0.915 ectos per salvage and a 61c cost per salvage, each salvage should get you 22.66 silver today after tax. So if you cannot sell your rare for at least 26.67s, you should salvage using the average salvage rate Mojo posted above.

For rares you make, large bones still cost 1.16 - 1.3s. Assume you put in a buy order for 1.2s and get the rares you want. It costs 18s to buy the (15) rares. To make a dagger, it takes 22 mithril ore (27c on TP) and 12 elder wood (22c on TP).

If you simply sold your mats, you'd get (22*27+12*22)*0.85 = 7.29s.

If you decided to make a dagger, you're passing up on the 7.29s and adding 18s to the cost. The dagger technically costs you 25.29s to make. By using the average salvage profit above (22.66s), I'm not sure it's worth crafting daggers for ectos, it's more worthwhile to sell the base mats, right?

• Options
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Or if you're like @Huggles and I, you'll just level all of them. >.>

I really need to steal your sig format, do you mind if I steal it?

Feel free!

• Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    Forward->forward was difficult for me because of the pack of 4 knights and a boss at the end. They seem to all aggro simultaneously, hit pretty hard, have pretty unpredictable leap knockdowns, and, like the rest of the routes, have no waypoints after the path split

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    You guys are bringing on the next thread too fast!

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Forward->forward was difficult for me because of the pack of 4 knights and a boss at the end. They seem to all aggro simultaneously, hit pretty hard, have pretty unpredictable leap knockdowns, and, like the rest of the routes, have no waypoints after the path split

The trick is that they have a short leash distance. Burn one knight down, reset, repeat. It is tedious as hell, but tedious basically describes everything else about Forward - Forward, so no change there.

• Options
    edited November 2012

For rares you find:
    Using 0.915 ectos per salvage and a 61c cost per salvage, each salvage should get you 22.66 silver today after tax. So if you cannot sell your rare for at least 26.67s, you should salvage using the average salvage rate Mojo posted above.

For rares you make, large bones still cost 1.16 - 1.3s. Assume you put in a buy order for 1.2s and get the rares you want. It costs 18s to buy the (15) rares. To make a dagger, it takes 22 mithril ore (27c on TP) and 12 elder wood (22c on TP).

If you decided to make a dagger, you're passing up on the 7.29s and adding 18s to the cost. The dagger technically costs you 25.29s to make. By using the average salvage profit above (22.66s), I'm not sure it's worth crafting daggers for ectos, it's more worthwhile to sell the base mats, right?

I am probably a bad example as I try and save up junk and NOT buy anything but the off 3 or 4 mats (per mat) i need to make a bunch of each kind. I know for a fact daggers are not the most efficient but I am a weaponsmith. Its what I do. But i am not like rabid min maxing guy Vs always having profits however you can guy.

But I am always flirting with what you are bringing up. If they(ectos) dip then i get into what you are talking about- the components sell for more than the ecto. I generally learn the hard way.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular

For rares you find:

Is the price of dagger hilts/blades less than the price of the ores needed to craft them? If so, factor in that cost.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

BRACE YOURSELVES, WINTERSDAY IS COMING!!!!

oh my god it's asura santa with a giant mecha

what the hell holy shit

I will miss the Dwayna vs Grenth snowball fights, but ASURA SANTA WITH A GIANT MECH

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    REG Rysk wrote: »

the glorious leader cannot read fast! another weakness to add to the list.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »

the glorious leader cannot read fast! another weakness to add to the list.

I'm also giving Rysk the OP template and stuff so he can do Christmas cleaning. But don't go too fast because my e-mail is a bit wonky atm and I'm trying to fix it between working on my art project.

Also Asura Santa is best Santa.

488W936.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    ANet wrote:
    massive airship toy workshop
    10/10

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I hope Asura Santa's elves are played by Norn.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

what the hell holy shit

I will miss the Dwayna vs Grenth snowball fights, but ASURA SANTA WITH A GIANT MECH

I will even get to see the first few days of the event!

Magitech Airship Santa is best Santa.

• Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular

AAAAAAHHHHHH.

Yes, I will totally dump the ectos. The t6 mats I'm a little more unsure about.

@Serious_Scrub

Waitwait, so FF is the 'hard' one? I was having that convo with my GF last night and we couldn't remember which the 'hard' one was. They all seemed exactly the same when I ran them. We thought it may have been Up and that FF was the easiest... totally don't remember which path is which.

I'm in agreement on dumping the ectos, and I'm considering dumping t6 blood as well - its upwards of 30s per unit too. Hard to imagine that they will call it a "non-grind" when it takes over 600g worth of mats (not including karma or precursors) to get a legendary.

• Options

For rares you find:

I am probably a bad example as I try and save up junk and NOT buy anything but the off 3 or 4 mats (per mat) i need to make a bunch of each kind. I know for a fact daggers are not the most efficient but I am a weaponsmith. Its what I do. But i am not like rabid min maxing guy Vs always having profits however you can guy.

But I am always flirting with what you are bringing up. If they(ectos) dip then i get into what you are talking about- the components sell for more than the ecto. I generally learn the hard way.

Doing this is something I don't mind doing during the work day. Mostly to make sure I'm looking at this correctly and if so, maybe it'll help others out when they see it. I'm not here to say what's right or wrong, I'm just trying to take things into perspective and see what makes sense is all. I hoard pretty much everything. I'm also super untimely with selling/buying things to make money on the TP.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    GUYS GUYS GUYS

what the hell holy shit

I will even get to see the first few days of the event!

Magitech Airship Santa is best Santa.

Yeah I'm with you there, I'll be at holiday festivities for most of this (as I am with most Anet wintersday things)

BUT I CAN SEE THE START

shame they probably won't be doing Canthan New Year :\

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
This discussion has been closed.