As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Rysk is making the next thread. May the game continue to grow and evolve.

1899092949598

Posts

  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Looking for some advice from fellow Mesmers out there.

    I'm coming up on 80 on my first class, and trying to get a feel for where I'm going. I figure I'll probably dabble in WvW now and then but I'll probably be just dungeon crawling with some friends love that type of thing.

    I'm thinking I'll go with something like this or maybe this and have clerics on for a little healing. The toughness will go towards condition damage (granted, not much of it will, but some will) and the power helps. It's mainly a condition damage build, with the capability of rapid shattering. Between scepter and staff I can put out a lot of illusions to get shatter effects.

    Thoughts?

    Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @klatu i don't think either of those are what you want for dungeons. they might work out in pvp, but for PvE, most builds i see have 0/20/0/0/5 as a base, and go from there. most are then sword/(pistol/sword/focus situationally) or greatsword and staff. signets aren't that great out of leveling or pvp, but feedback and null field are OMGawesome. as is time warp, and sometimes mass invis. portal will have uses here and there, as will skills like, phantasmal defender. you can do crazy damage with the warden on focus, if you trait inspiration VIII.

    play around with weapons and traits though, to find what you like, if sceptre and torch is your thing, roll with it, it doesn't have the most damage but can work. also, confusion isn't great in pve, since mobs hit slow.

    if you're planning to dungeon, always always always take a stun break, just in case. always.

    in closing, this is all my opinion on how i would play a mesmer if i did.

  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Generally speaking with Mesmers you should pick either phantasm-buffing traits or shatter-buffing ones. The plan to only shatter clones and not phantasms rarely works out in my experience, though in PvE it might be more viable.

    I also think that Mesmers only have two really good traits: clone on dodge and the illusion-summoning cooldown reduction one (which is good because it's good value for a 5-point minor trait). Mesmer traits are kind of weak overall IMO. So like the guy above me said, 0/20/0/0/5 is the best starting point.

  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    @Klatu

    You should always do what you enjoy, but if you're like me you'll enjoy being effective and mesmer scepter is not effective. Mesmer has tons of great tools in dungeons (especially fractals) with feedback, time warp, null field, and even portal being insanely useful.

    Mesmer's power and useful ness in PvP go without saying.

    The only problem with doing shatter/condition build is that shatter needs power/crit and condition needs well, condition damage. That is rather sadface, as your gear can't really support both playstyles equally well.

    That said, staff with condition damage and lots of conditions on the boss and illusionary warlocks out is *excellent* for dungeons.

    You can do a power shatter build in wuvwuv and also perform excellently and I think it's not even that bad in dungeons. A very popular mesmer playstyle in wuvwuv seems to be power for shattering, sword and pistol off hand, comboed with a staff, which has great defensive properties: you can do chaos storm, leap out of it to gain chaos armor, then use the staff chaos armor. In these situations the staff is mainly for suvivability and so condition damage is not stacked as much.

    Also be aware that sword main hand provides excellent survivability with distortion.

    Greatsword is also probably better in dungeons than in wuvwuv because it is easier to keep people at max range for the maximum damage. I bring it up primarily as a ranged power based weapon you can use in dungeons if you choose to go a power based wuvwuv shatter build.


    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So after trying my hand at this whole promote mats in Mystic Forge for profit thing... I think a more structured approach to analyzing the problem is necessary so I threw together a spreadsheet. Hopefully I did this right?

    The problems I know about are that I haven't plugged the TP fees into the equation and a severe lack of data about how much each forging returns.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    Looking for some advice from fellow Mesmers out there.

    I'm coming up on 80 on my first class, and trying to get a feel for where I'm going. I figure I'll probably dabble in WvW now and then but I'll probably be just dungeon crawling with some friends love that type of thing.

    I'm thinking I'll go with something like this or maybe this and have clerics on for a little healing. The toughness will go towards condition damage (granted, not much of it will, but some will) and the power helps. It's mainly a condition damage build, with the capability of rapid shattering. Between scepter and staff I can put out a lot of illusions to get shatter effects.

    Thoughts?

    I've logged probably around 200 hours in WvW as a mesmer. Allow me to share a few key caveats about weapons that I've learned the hard way.
    The scepter is awful. Just awful. Why?
    - the primary attack has pitiful damage to begin with, but it's exacerbated by the fact that the attack chain won't advance until the projectile connects;
    - scepter clones have no additional effect on their attack;
    - scepter clones will not perform the full attack chain, so you can't mimic them to hide yourself;
    - the confusion channel is anything but subtle (giant purple beam!), so it's rare that an opponent will be seriously hurt by it;
    - the confusion channel will be canceled and go on full cooldown if, during the 1 second windup, your target dodges or runs through you or out of range.
    I keep going back to the scepter with new builds, thinking I can get it to work. Nope. Just too mediocre.
    Only use a scepter if your only other option is to mainhand a sword in both weapon sets (which would be a waste of cooldowns).

    The staff doesn't work with a phantasm build. Why?
    - you'll be using Phase Retreat every time it's ready. Every. Time. That means you can only have two phantasms;
    - the warlock doesn't do a whole lot of damage when you don't have a full group applying conditions (and if you do, that guy's dead before the warlock does anything anyway).
    Staff is an excellent weapon in power shatter builds (for utility) and condition builds (for damage with illusionary elasticity), but not with phantasms.

    You cannot reliably catch and kill runners without a greatsword build. Why?
    - staff projectiles move too slowly to deal meaningful damage at long range, if they hit at all;
    - focus snare/drag has too long of a cooldown and too short of a range;
    - sword leap rarely works beyond 300 range or so.
    This is actually a big concern, because people are scared pantsless of mesmers and will usually try to run. It's rare for non-thieves to stay and fight me.

    A focus is required. It doesn't have to be equipped at all times, but you need one available. Why?
    - mesmers are slow and need every boost they can get;
    - wardens on top of a friendly flame ram will protect it from more projectiles than you may think;
    - dragging people over ramparts and cliffs is too funny to pass up.

    Pistol is currently the most viable weapon for a phantasm build. Why?
    - duelists are bugged (still), and apply area regeneration too frequently in a radius too large;
    - warlocks and mages don't attack often enough to proc bleeds;
    - berserkers are currently bugged and regularly either miss or deal pitiable damage;
    - swordsmen and wardens spawn in melee range and will easily get one-shotted by cleaves before the +50% health buff can apply to them (assuming you even take that skill).

    I'm sure I could keep typing for quite some hours, but that's enough for now. Besides, I'm sure someone will offer similar anecdotes in direct contradiction to these soon enough. :P

    borb_sig.png
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Hmmm so much to think about! I don't want to make the wrong decision! I'm so close but just far enough away that extra money will help out.. but making a wrong decision and losing money would be a big set back.

    AAAAAAHHHHHH.

    you cannot lose money on this. the bots will come back or live human puppy mill farmers will. recipes will change. this can't continue to go up forever.

    these were down aroun 9s at the beginning of the month. 9s. Will that return? Maybe not- but theres too much on the horizon that will allow you to aquire this stuff without all the t6 and ectos.

    Now is the time to sell. Look i was in your shoes saturday night.... I have 100 ectos on the nose saved up for my back piece.... its not worth it, the lead designer says changes are coming- burn the suckers. Burn the rubes. BE A CARNEY. sell sell sell

    What you're saying make sense....but then again, you almost talked me into dye roulette. I need a second opinion on flipping ectos.

    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    OK, I read the rest of the thread, BLUE HORSESHOE LOVES ECTOS.

    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Ectos make sense - Dye Roulette does not when they are almost 10s a piece for unidentified versions.

    My guess is there is a run on ectos right now due to Ascended gear and all of the Precursors that dropped during the Karka event. All those that got precursors are now scrambling to buy up the rest of the mats they need. This also explains the spike in T6 mats. If they make all this gear easier to get and decrease demand - or if bots come back the the game and increase supply - the price will fall back down.

    Yes it may go up a bit from here, but if Anet continues their stance on making everything accessible and non-grindy, then they will find a way to reduce the cost and prices will come back down. I'd rather sell soon and get 300% value on ectos (compared to their low) than hold out on the chance that they keep going higher. As for the gear I want, I need a ton of other crap before I'm even ready to think about combining mats, so might as well have the gold and use it to make more gold in the meantime.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I need 750 ectos for the purple glowy weapons I want for Psylocke. Goodness.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll go back to the drawing table and see what I can come up with again lol.

    I'm only 74 atm, and am running sword/pistol + staff. My dps is great, but I die very quick haha.

    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Game client restarting for update.

  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So after trying my hand at this whole promote mats in Mystic Forge for profit thing... I think a more structured approach to analyzing the problem is necessary so I threw together a spreadsheet. Hopefully I did this right?

    The problems I know about are that I haven't plugged the TP fees into the equation and a severe lack of data about how much each forging returns.

    How did you manage to get so much gossamer from your silk? I thought the T5->T6 transmutation gave far less?

    The average I've gotten is about 7 T6 material for 50 T5 and 1 T6 materials (so you net about 6 T6 materials).

    Was this changed in a patch?

  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    OK so our former overlord sent me the document with the OP for the GW2 thread and it's 22 frickin pages long in word. A lot of spoilerth in there.

    Expect the next OP to be trimmed quite a bit from pre-launch/immediate post-launch stuff. I also want to have a 3rd page for some player made guides or maybe a build resource (like a link to a google doc for popular builds by class). Are there any volunteers to make either of those two things happen? Please let me know with an @ (remember my username is two words so join them with quotations) or PM me.

  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Oh sorry, I think perhaps page 3 will be the wall of boners, immortalized in its glory.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I am going to link this again until someone tells me why it's not good enough: http://gw2nice.tumblr.com

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    You know what would be great?

    Longbow for necromancers.

    Mm-hm.

  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I am going to link this again until someone tells me why it's not good enough: http://gw2nice.tumblr.com

    That was really confusing until I realized it was GW1 content.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    the first 4 posts were GW2 builds

    now the old GW1 posts have been de-tagged at least

    but yeah it was mostly a response to Rysk's call for an external place for info

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So after trying my hand at this whole promote mats in Mystic Forge for profit thing... I think a more structured approach to analyzing the problem is necessary so I threw together a spreadsheet. Hopefully I did this right?

    The problems I know about are that I haven't plugged the TP fees into the equation and a severe lack of data about how much each forging returns.

    How did you manage to get so much gossamer from your silk? I thought the T5->T6 transmutation gave far less?

    The average I've gotten is about 7 T6 material for 50 T5 and 1 T6 materials (so you net about 6 T6 materials).

    Was this changed in a patch?

    Values are for stacks of 250 silk and 5 crystalline dust, or just 250 Incandescent dust in the case of pure dust. I guess you can do both?

    HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    @REG Rysk @Vivixenne

    Whether it goes in the OP or in the tumblr I have a thing 3/4 written about WvW and may write more. It's not class-specific though I may include some build examples.

    I was also wondering if a second thread wouldn't be justified. This thread moves pretty fast, to the point where some people's questions (particularly those of new players) sometimes get left several pages behind where no one can see them. No idea how you would split the discussion though.

    Yougottawanna on
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    Perhaps putting TS server info on the top might get more people on

  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    ectos spiking to 34. 34. Jebus.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    Oops... I sold like 300 of them for 31s earlier. Still a nice chunk of change though.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Oops... I sold like 300 of them for 31s earlier. Still a nice chunk of change though.

    So @badworng. I give you 30g.... you do whatever voodoo you do to money to multiply it.... I imagine it requires some sort of blood offering to some dark goddess.... and then you give me back my money and profits less a lil for yourself?

    first national bank of @badwrong. has a nice ring to it eh?

    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Oops... I sold like 300 of them for 31s earlier. Still a nice chunk of change though.

    So bad worng. I give you 30g.... you do whatever voodoo you do to money to multiply it.... I imagine it requires some sort of blood offering to some dark goddess.... and then you give me back my money and profits less a lil for yourself?

    first national bank of @badwrong. has a nice ring to it eh?

    I too would like to invest in Badwrong Hathaway.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So bad worng. I give you 30g.... you do whatever voodoo you do to money to multiply it.... I imagine it requires some sort of blood offering to some dark goddess.... and then you give me back my money and profits less a lil for yourself?

    first national bank of @badwrong. has a nice ring to it eh?

    You know it doesn't work that way right?

    Most of my gold is in the trade post, or is currently materials like lodestones sitting in my bank waiting for large enough price changes. Like sometimes I'm sitting on 2000 venom sacs or totems.

    I'm sorta like people in the real world who don't keep as much currency and they buy real gold bars or something.... and I wait for various changes in the TP prices. The rest of the time I do the same stuff we all do, sell ectos when they are high, upgrade T6 mats if its profitable to cash in skill points, etc.


    You gotta start somewhere though... and cursed shore events in magic find gear is still the best there is. I know you ran plinx a little bit, then they changed his timer and you cried "NERF" and gave up. I'm the opposite though, I found that his timer change meant I could fill that gap with other events that have more mobs to kill. Yes it can be boring and it goes against everything ANET said about "no grind, blah blah"... but it is what it is and I've done a few hundred hours of it to get these results.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    can upgrading T6 mats ever be profitable? don't they give a miniscule amount compared to upgrading other tiers?

  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    PoolCue wrote: »
    can upgrading T6 mats ever be profitable? don't they give a miniscule amount compared to upgrading other tiers?

    If you have 250 of the T5 dust laying around, yes. If T5 dust is like 20copper or lower, then yes... worst case you come out even minus a few skill points.. best case you get 50 T6 dust and make whatever that sells for at the moment.

    It all depends on the material though and its price. Sometimes you can totally lose money on it if the T6 sells for crap. Sometimes you can make tons... like armored scales, I think I made 50g in about 30 mins once off them. Given I had some T5 to start with that I had bought over a week previously when they were cheap.

    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Badwrong wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So bad worng. I give you 30g.... you do whatever voodoo you do to money to multiply it.... I imagine it requires some sort of blood offering to some dark goddess.... and then you give me back my money and profits less a lil for yourself?

    first national bank of @badwrong. has a nice ring to it eh?

    You know it doesn't work that way right?

    Most of my gold is in the trade post, or is currently materials like lodestones sitting in my bank waiting for large enough price changes. Like sometimes I'm sitting on 2000 venom sacs or totems.

    I'm sorta like people in the real world who don't keep as much currency and they buy real gold bars or something.... and I wait for various changes in the TP prices. The rest of the time I do the same stuff we all do, sell ectos when they are high, upgrade T6 mats if its profitable to cash in skill points, etc.


    You gotta start somewhere though... and cursed shore events in magic find gear is still the best there is. I know you ran plinx a little bit, then they changed his timer and you cried "NERF" and gave up. I'm the opposite though, I found that his timer change meant I could fill that gap with other events that have more mobs to kill. Yes it can be boring and it goes against everything ANET said about "no grind, blah blah"... but it is what it is and I've done a few hundred hours of it to get these results.

    Cut the malarky.... is it your girl? is she some sort of money granting fairy? Wait- are you some money granting fairy yourself?

    But seriously i think its just i miss every curve. Shoulda stocked up when the bots were here but didnt see it. I see things now.... i am making money pretty well now. Enough to start investing.

    And get the story right- I ran plinx for 3 nights. Brain fluid began to seep out of my ears.... Its not the nerf its that I cannot physically plinx without wanting to die.... immediately. I can however fractal with reckless abandon. I have no idea why this is preferable to me even though its NOT optimal. But made between 4g and 6g last night which for me is good over time. And then i can take the random mat drops and convert that to ectos or outright sell them for even more. its slow but steady.

    And like I said im banking up a bunch (trying to get up around 100) to try and invest when the time comes.

    mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    Investing?

    Fuck's sake. I thought I'd bought Guild Wars 2, not EVE "haha it's not your second job silly. It's your first." Online

    World's best janitor
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    lu tze wrote: »
    Investing?

    Fuck's sake. I thought I'd bought Guild Wars 2, not EVE "haha it's not your second job silly. It's your first." Online

    You dont gotta man. you can get decked out in exos in like a week if you wanted from no gold only farming and dungeons and fractals.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you don't care about the exact look of the gear, you don't need to do much.

    If you want anything fancy though or the fun cash shop stuff or whatever, you are gonna have to work to make money. Or just spend real money.

    The only real exception being dungeons. Although, from my experience with Explorable Modes this week, they make some pretty nice gold.

  • BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Cut the malarky.... is it your girl? is she some sort of money granting fairy? Wait- are you some money granting fairy yourself?

    But seriously i think its just i miss every curve. Shoulda stocked up when the bots were here but didnt see it. I see things now.... i am making money pretty well now. Enough to start investing.

    And get the story right- I ran plinx for 3 nights. Brain fluid began to seep out of my ears.... Its not the nerf its that I cannot physically plinx without wanting to die.... immediately. I can however fractal with reckless abandon. I have no idea why this is preferable to me even though its NOT optimal. But made between 4g and 6g last night which for me is good over time.

    And like I said im banking up a bunch (trying to get up around 100) to try and invest when the time comes.

    Oh, I'll be the first to say cursed shore events are an extremely boring grind.

    Like, every 30 mins in that horrible zone I have to get up, do push-ups and sit-ups for a while or else I feel like I'll end up like Boogie's impersonation of south park nerd:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGXLs8j4D64&playnext=1&list=PL934B3778F2AEA1CD&feature=results_main

    And ya, after the plinx timer change... I was the only one running him and would have to tell people many times in guild that its still the best money/karma if you can put up with the boredom.
    Fractals are indeed fun... well they were fun. I've repeated them enough to not really have much reason or desire to grind to 30-40 difficulty.

    I guess the real point I was trying to make, is that I can make 50g in a day easily (with just trade post stuff) because I spent a long ass time making only 5-10g a day from grinding for hours.

    Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    And, if it's your cup of tea...gold is currently at an all time high. 100 gems gets you 1.48g, which is about $0.85/gold.

    For people who are struggling to get geared up and don't want to grind Orr, $10 in the gem shop should give you enough gold to get a very solid combination of exotics and rares to start you out on you dungeon running adventures.

  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    If you're looking for money, patience is always the way to go, Az was playing the market on hardened leather for the guild to see last night too with his methods of market manipulation and such.

    I mean, right now according to GW2spidy, you could buy 50 T5 scales for 65 silver and 5 T6 dusts for 30.75 silver, total cost being 95.75 silver. This would require you to obtain at least (6) T6 scales you get for at least make a profit.

    Same thing for T5 -> T6 totems it seems.

    EDIT: Ok, looked up the recipe to do this. Looks like you put in (50) T5 mats, (5) T6 dusts, (1) T6 mat, (5) philosopher's stones. I've updated the above, assuming you have to buy the dust. I think you get 5-12 per forge? If that's true, I think this is still a viable method of making a little money?

    Ardor on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Yeah, if you don't care about the exact look of the gear, you don't need to do much.

    If you want anything fancy though or the fun cash shop stuff or whatever, you are gonna have to work to make money. Or just spend real money.

    The only real exception being dungeons. Although, from my experience with Explorable Modes this week, they make some pretty nice gold.

    Speaking of, I figured out hte look I want on my Necro, and it requires approximately 600 Arah tokens, and 600 CoF tokens. He's only level 52 so it's something to shoot for (will probably be 80 by the weekend though).

    Do these things seem like something people would be interested in doing over the coming days?

  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Yeah, if you don't care about the exact look of the gear, you don't need to do much.

    If you want anything fancy though or the fun cash shop stuff or whatever, you are gonna have to work to make money. Or just spend real money.

    The only real exception being dungeons. Although, from my experience with Explorable Modes this week, they make some pretty nice gold.

    Speaking of, I figured out hte look I want on my Necro, and it requires approximately 600 Arah tokens, and 600 CoF tokens. He's only level 52 so it's something to shoot for (will probably be 80 by the weekend though).

    Do these things seem like something people would be interested in doing over the coming days?

    I have been planning to do the same, but Fractals have gotten in the way :(

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I ran a Fractal last night with some of my guildies. Unbeknownst to each other, they've all recently decided to switch classes. So instead of bringing their 80's, we ended up with a group composed of:
    - 1 lvl 80 Guardian (me), decked out in all 80s exotics.
    - 2 Warriors, neither of which was lvl 30 yet.
    - 1 lvl 35 Necro
    - 1 lvl 11 Mesmer.

    They all offered to switch after seeing how low level the group was, but we decide to try it out for a laugh.

    We then blew through the first two levels of Fractals with no problem. Now obviously, each of these people had been through the Fractals before on their other characters, so they knew the fights, what to do, etc. We only stopped due to time considerations.

    I'd always assumed that the Fractals were sort of "made for 80s, but you can bring an upleveled toon with you if want" but now I'm not so sure.

    Only bad part for them was that the xp sucked horribly compared to anything else they could've been doing at the time.

    Arryn on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    I ran a Fractal last night with some of my guildies. Unbeknownst to each other, they've all recently decided to switch classes. So instead of bringing their 80's, we ended up with a group composed of:
    - 1 lvl 80 Guardian (me), decked out in all 80s exotics.
    - 2 Warriors, neither of which was lvl 30 yet.
    - 1 lvl 35 Necro
    - 1 lvl 11 Mesmer.

    They all offered to switch after seeing how low level the group was, but we decide to try it out for a laugh.

    We then blew through the first two levels of Fractals with no problem. Now obviously, each of these people had been through the Fractals before on their other characters, so they knew the fights, what to do, etc. We only stopped due to time considerations.

    I'd always assumed that the Fractals were sort of "made for 80s, but you can bring an upleveled toon with you if want" but now I'm not so sure.

    Only bad part for them was that the xp sucked horribly compared to anything else they could've been doing at the time.

    Good play makes up for much stat difference in this game.

This discussion has been closed.