As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallandia: The Village of Dustin - Chapter 8: New Dawn in Dustin (Village Victory!)

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    We said this in the thread for the other game, but just for the record: anybody who's giving Langly or me credit for the play of @cesareb in this game is way off base. Seriously, just look at the mafia proboards. Dude needed exactly zero in the way of training wheels and was making savvy calls from day 1.

Sorry, fellow mafiosi - wish I could have been a little more help the last few days but I was too busy coughing up a lung.

Thanks for hosting, @kilnaga!

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    We said this in the thread for the other game, but just for the record: anybody who's giving Langly or me credit for @cesareb's play in this game is way off base. Seriously, just look at the mafia proboards. Dude needed exactly zero in the way of training wheels and was making savvy calls from day 1.

Sorry, fellow mafiosi - wish I could have been a little more help the last few days but I was too busy coughing up a lung.

Thanks for hosting, @kilnaga!

I agree. @CesareB played splendidly for his first time.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    It was pretty obvious trv was a special from day 1

I'm still sad they got you because of the retaba+ ketbra avatar changes (I assume).

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    It was just because their names are similar

• Options
    Yeah, the day 1 kills were made strictly on the basis of comedy.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Were the village network boards a thing in this game? I only really talked to blah and premium.

I should talk to more people in these games.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I'm not aware of any boards, though my only network contact was through egos.(and when I told jdark about my role)

• Options
    Im also surprised i wasn't vigged after the zombie wagon vote.

Steam
  • Options
    there was no vig :I

• Options
    Vig died Day 1. D:

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    were the guards masoned

The only Masons were the two neutral goofballs. :(

Yeah the fact that TRV gave Saber BL who Saber gave to you should answer that.

Also premium and I were networked the whole time. I took over for jdark afterwards sadly... I was gonna guard @B:L initially :(

I didn't give anybody to anybody else. He asked for a target and I said that he was acting funny.

Weren't you originally suppose to target him though (but wanted to seer Obi instead)? Though it seems like SoE didn't tell the mafia his seer targets and jdark just assumed that O_O ?

edit:

yeah I was inclined to protect B:L because he was B:L and a special on top of that. A pity I didn't push it :I.

I wanted to seer kime, and kept flipping between him and obi, and i think i had orders in to seer obi the night i died.
    I would have had AWESOME accuracy, had I survived night 2.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    also @blahmcblah

the reason I was concerned about you. You were the only nonspecial in our network and I was attacked ;-) So yeah... glad you convinced me otherwise or your efforts convinced me otherwise and you helped out greatly with galvanizing the troops against cesareB ,etc. :mrgreen:

Egos on
  • Options
    were the guards masoned

Also premium and I were networked the whole time. I took over for jdark afterwards sadly... I was gonna guard @B:L initially :(

I didn't give anybody to anybody else. He asked for a target and I said that he was acting funny.

Weren't you originally suppose to target him though (but wanted to seer Obi instead)? Though it seems like SoE didn't tell the mafia his seer targets and jdark just assumed that O_O ?

edit:

yeah I was inclined to protect B:L because he was B:L and a special on top of that. A pity I didn't push it :I.

I wanted to seer kime, and kept flipping between him and obi, and i think i had orders in to seer obi the night i died.

Except you were so obvious you were a special, the mafia action seered you Day 1. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • Options

Sorry, meant mafia killed.

Steam
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    were the guards masoned

edit:

Except you were so obvious you were a special, the mafia action seered you Day 1. :P

Yeah, that part needed work. But so far I have 100% mafia accuracy as a seer! Suck on them eggs

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

I was the vig

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    herp derp
    jdarksun wrote: »
    please do not tell everyone you're a seer, even supposedly "friendly" neutrals.

Loose lips sink ships and all that.
    Don't listen to jdark. HERP DERP

HERP DERP

2whdpxx.png

I don't know if TRV gave my name to the mafia or not, but posthumously agreeing with a post to try and influence village tactics is a big no no, and is considered cheating since you're already dead. Also, herpderp because it was totally agreeing with kime who was wrong.

Looking over the balance, shortening the mafia to 1 kill in a mini makes it very tough for them to win. They were doing pretty well even with the herpderp of the village but once they dropped to 1 kill it was only a matter of time until they lost.

Thanks to Kilnaga for herpderprunning a fun phalla! Let's herpderp less in the future, guys.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I was the vig

I meant at the point...sorry

And kill someone suspicious?

You have much to learn :rotate:

Egos on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Oh man. Day 3 is fun to read.

"We must kill Rainfall if Obi is the vote. We must."

That's what I like to hear. STROKE MY EGO!

p.s. Langly, you were the only guy I didn't have pegged. As per my usual failings I didn't throw out my entire list into the thread, but it didn't seem to slow the village down much.

• Options
    B:L wrote: »
    herp derp
    jdarksun wrote: »
    please do not tell everyone you're a seer, even supposedly "friendly" neutrals.

Loose lips sink ships and all that.
    Don't listen to jdark. HERP DERP

I don't know if TRV gave my name to the mafia or not, but posthumously agreeing with a post to try and influence village tactics is a big no no, and is considered cheating since you're already dead. Also, herpderp because it was totally agreeing with kime who was wrong.

Looking over the balance, shortening the mafia to 1 kill in a mini makes it very tough for them to win. They were doing pretty well even with the herpderp of the village but once they dropped to 1 kill it was only a matter of time until they lost.

Thanks to Kilnaga for herpderprunning a fun phalla! Let's herpderp less in the future, guys.

I don't remember who exactly made the call to kill you, but nobody fed us your name, was just a hunch that paid off.

And yeah, I'm not a big fan of diminishing mafia kills in a mini. Makes sense in a larger game, but with a small enough player base the numbers make it an uphill battle in a hurry.

• Options

I was the vig

I meant at the point...sorry

And kill someone suspicious?

You have much to learn :rotate:

Figured my name was cleared after the network call around me.

Steam
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    @CesareB you're a champion. I should have gotten you killed, but hey. You've got respect from me.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Rainfall wrote: »

p.s. Langly, you were the only guy I didn't have pegged. As per my usual failings I didn't throw out my entire list into the thread, but it didn't seem to slow the village down much.

Day Kime got Voted out
    Kime : What has Malkor does this game? I don't remember him saying anything ever...

Egos: nothing as far as I recall.
    same with anonymous and anialos who follow each other vote wise each time.

and then there is LANGLY :I

Kime: Langly is alive and not in control of everything?

..... I'm concerned

Egos: ditto

Figured my name was cleared after the network call around me.

hehe you were only cleared after CesareB went down. premium and blah were going off their conversations with you. And I was going by how erratic/not in charge you were acting in the thread and also those who jumped on your bw (aside from me :) ) the day Sir Fabulous went down. I also kept Infidel's statement in mind "the Zhero wagon didn't get the response I expected". Granted he may have thought I was mafia ;-) . But your quasi "you're killing a villager speech" struck me as true for some reason... though I was trying not to let that cloud my judgement too much.

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yes, stop communicating in the thread when you are dead. This should be a no brainer.

This includes agreeing and awesomeing posts.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Yes, stop communicating in the thread when you are dead. This should be a no brainer.

The bottom part should maybe be made more explicit in the rules summary.
    This isn't the first game I've noticed it in.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    just think "if this is what I saved my ghost post for, would it be okay?"

calling a shitty photoshopped image where you put kime's head on bill murray's body awesome? probably okay

calling an analysis of the people who voted for you awesome? basically the opposite

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    If that was a thing I did, I apologize. I hit agree on lots of stuff and I need to be more aware of when to not do that

• Options
    doop doop doop

:rotate:

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    It actually kind of would have helped us if he had seered Obi.
    Rainfall wrote: »
    @CesareB you're a champion. I should have gotten you killed, but hey. You've got respect from me.

My dream, it's come true!

:P

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    doop doop doop

:rotate:

:lol: I didn't notice that. Yeahhhh, that's one of those "don't do this" Agrees. Even if he was totally right. (Which means I was totally right)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Kime was a false mayor.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TRV , you removed your agreement. Now I look like I speak nonsense. You sumofableablah

AT_squirrel.gif

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I lost an agree

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TRV , you removed your agreement. Now I look like I speak nonsense. You sumofableablah

AT_squirrel.gif

What are you talking about?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This was a crazy game.

I think I caused enough chaos in my short life.

While fun, it was also tiring. I think I won't ever be doing that again.

Thanks for running it @Kilnaga!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »

Agreeing or awesomeing a post is not allowed.
    Editing a prior post you made is not allowed.
    Anonymous contact is not allowed.
    PMing a living player on the forums is not allowed.
    Chatting in IRC with living players is not allowed.
    Discussing the game with your living roommate on the bus is not allowed.

Or, we could have a rule about "do not communicate with the living when you are dead," which we do, and require people to do some critical thinking, because we quite literally cannot list everything that is not allowed. We can only do that with things that make you suspicious.

If doing something when you are dead would impact the game, don't.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

AT_squirrel.gif

What are you talking about?
    snapzproxscreensnapz044.png

FamilyGuyEvilMonkey.gif

Something is missing!

• Options
    M.....more pictures?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I could live with agreeing or awesoming a ghost post, since those aren't suppose to have useful info anyways, but if one is dead, they shouldn't hit those buttons for any posts made when a player is still alive. It might unduly influence things. I'd probably extend that to host posts as well, while unlikely, you just never know if that agree/awesome will impact the other players.

• Options
    premium wrote: »

Agreeing or awesomeing a post is not allowed.
    Editing a prior post you made is not allowed.
    Anonymous contact is not allowed.
    PMing a living player on the forums is not allowed.
    Chatting in IRC with living players is not allowed.
    Discussing the game with your living roommate on the bus is not allowed.

Or, we could have a rule about "do not communicate with the living when you are dead," which we do, and require people to do some critical thinking, because we quite literally cannot list everything that is not allowed. We can only do that with things that make you suspicious.

If doing something when you are dead would impact the game, don't.

And if you have to think for even a second about whether or not your action will impact the game, DON'T DO IT. When you're dead in an ongoing game always err on the side of shutting the hell up.