As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars Saga: Lost Hope IC

123457»

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Titus and Kandor

The droid that Kandor had nearly crushed started to emit a high pitched sound and then it erupted in an explosion that rattled the floor. Flames engulfed the closest consoles and bits of shrapnel whizzed past Titus and Kandor embedding themselves in the walls and the door.

The last droid darted out of sight behind a computer while Norl leapt towards forward landing on his stomach behind another console.

Stats/Actions
    Viper Probe Droid 2 hp 34/34 Reflex 14 (Flat-Footed 13), Fortitude 14, Will 13 Threshold 19 H11
    Norl hp 18/18 Reflex 15 (Flat-Footed 13), Fortitude 11, Will 13 Threshold 11 K8
    Titus hp 55/69 Reflex 20 (Flat-Footed 18), Fortitude 21, Will 19 Threshold 21
    Kandor hp 40/40 Reflex 17 (Flat-Footed 17), Fortitude 17, Will 21 Threshold 17 09

Viper Probe Droid 1:
    Self-Destruct, 2 square burst area attack.
    Since none of you fall within the range of the burst all the droid manages to do is reduce a couple of computers to scrap metal.

Viper Probe Droid 2:
    Move to J14

Norl:
    Move to K8 and then fall prone.

Map
    SpacePortBattle_zps19701fed.png

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Titus raised an eyebrow at Kandor's display of power. "Interesting...where'd you learn that?"

Seeing the final droid approach them, most likely to try and blow them to kingdom come, the old soldier raises his hand, palm forward. Immediately the probe droid freezes in the air, as if struggling against an unseen force. Finally it seems to lose control and flies backwards, slamming hard into the far wall. "I'll try and keep that thing pinned away from us," he said calmly.

Standard: Move Object (1d20+13=17) Blah, spending a FP to increase the damage. Damage (4d6=10)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Seeing the forcefield come down, Jado rushes around the space the forcefield had just occupied and comes face to face with another of the droids. She sees in her mind's eye the way the sequence should go- she would level a heavy blow at one of its legs, shearing it off, and smoothly turn into an overhand swipe that would plunge her lightsaber directly into its casing, deactivating it.

...Unfortunately, her strike to the droid's leg manages to land instead in the base of Obi-wan's statue, and after a couple of yanks she manages to remove the saber and hold it jerkily in front of her. Real smooth, padawan..
    Move: To C12
    Standard: Attack Crab Droid 2 with Lightsaber (1d20+4=5, 2d8+1=7) LOOK MOM, I'M IN COMBAT!

El Skid on
  • Options
    KlivianKlivian Registered User regular
    "Hang on, Jado!" Tendau shouted. He pointed up at the roof quickly before grabbing the rebreathers off his belt and placing them in his mouths.
    Two moves to retrieve the rebreathers and chomp down.
    Swift action to pray to the forest goddess.

• Options
    Jado nodded at Tendau and put on her rebreather. Gripping the lightsaber a bit more tightly, she prepared to dodge the robots' attacks.

Her mind clear and free of fear, her only care was for the welfare of those that they had just freed.
    She'll fight defensively if able with the actions alotted too.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    "Not where, but how. And by the weapon you wield, I am sure you are familiar with some techniques." Kandor flexed his mind, reaching out to grasp at the physical world around him...
    What is the biggest thing in the room? I have used my Force Slam this encounter, so it's really my best other damage dealing power right now. Also, it's cool!

• Options
    Jado and Tendau

Dall Ness charged into the temple and opened a hidden panel just inside of the entrance. Tapping in a few keys he shot a quick glance at the freed Gungans and then took a deep breath. The hydrostatic bubble enclosing the temple vanished and the water that had been held at bay collapsed down on them in a crushing tidal wave. Rushing water like the great falls of Naboo flooded Jado’s ears and Tendau caught a brief glimpse of dark blue lake water before they were both swept off of their feet. Chaos swirled around them. The Gunags were swimming towards the surface while the crab droids, at least those that hadn’t been destroyed in the tidal wave, opened fire on the retreating captives.
    Skill challenge time!

As the crab droids do their best to shoot the fleeing Gungans Jado and Tendau find themselves fighting their way up through some choppy water. It will take you a few Swim checks to make good on your escape. If you make three successful checks you escape, if you fail three checks…something else happens.

DC 15 Swim

Titus and Kandor

Protesting as it is lifted off of the ground by the force one of the computer consoles rose into the air in front of Kandor and then rocketed at the droid. The console smashed into the wall crushing the droid against it with a thunderous clatter and then fell to the floor.

Norl poked his head out from his hiding place and whistled at the sight of the wreckage. “And here I thought you diplomats were peaceful.”
    I decided to end that encounter because it got held up by me being an absent GM and there was pretty much nothing left for the lone droid to do except be crushed or explode and do nothing.

Skill challenge time!

Assuming you guys want to disable the communications blackout that has prevented you from contacting anyone you’re going to have to access the command center computer. It will treat anyone who attempts to access it as an Unfriendly user so you will have to Improve Access before doing anything else.

DC 20 to Improve Access.
    DC 15 to Disable Communications Blackout (Computer Must Be Helpful)
    Issue Routine Command (Computer Must Be Friendly)
    Access Information DC 15 General Information (Computer Must Be Indifferent) 1 minute.
    Access Information DC 20 Specific Information (Computer Must Be Indifferent) 10 minutes.
    Access Information DC 25 Private Information (Computer Must Be Indifferent) 1 hour.
    Access Information DC 30 Secret Information (Computer Must Be Helpful) 1 day/ 8 hours.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Jado

Fighting against the crushing force of the water Jado flailed her arms and legs with all of her might pushing herself up towards the surface of the lake. With Gungans swarming all around her the unfamiliar task of swimming was made even more difficult. Hands, feet, and elbows drove into her head and torso with sharp bolts of pain. One gangly limb even knocked her rebreather out of her mouth.
    1 Success, 2 Failures

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Sakutian wrote: »
    Cado

When Cado and Nebras entered the mess hall a few minutes later they found it deserted except for the Gran chef who was rearranging the chairs and wiping down tables. Looking up at the Blue Squad pilots he tucked the dirty cloth into the apron hanging across his stomach.

“If you’re here for a meal you’re out of luck boys. Captain Baldor ordered me to cut rations for all combat personnel as punishment for the disturbance earlier.” He seemed to regret the words as he spoke them.

"Disturbance?" Cado asked as Nebras looked around the empty mess hall conspiratorially.

"Look, uh..." he started, realizing he didnt know the name of the chef.

"Ashhak." The Gran offered.

"Look, Ashhak," Nebras continued, "my friend and I just want some food." As he spoke, he leaned over with a 50 credit chip palmed. "No one has to know, right?" He smiled.

"What disturbance?" Cado interrupted before Ashhak could respond. "Was there a fight?"

"Nah," Ashhak shook his head. "Just some business with the Jedi girl from Endor. I guess she stowed away on board. The way some of the men were going on, you'd think she personally destroyed both Death Stars and killed the Emperor." He chuckled.

Cado scoffed. The rumors of a Jedi girl on Endor seemed to be true. Blast. he thought. He had hoped the last of the Jedi had died with Skywalker, but somehow one had survived. Even worse, she was on his ship. "Where is Captain Baldor now?"

• Options
    Jado and Tendau

Struggling against the writhing Gungans, the crushing force of the water, and the the blaster fire eurpting up from beneath them Jado and Tendau were progressing towards the surface at the bottom of the crowd. Tendau spun just in time to avoid a bolt of blaster fire that had nearly struck him the neck, and in doing so he spotted something that made his blood run cold. A massive creature covered in thick armored red scales was swimming towards them with its enormous jaws wide open. The creature clamped its maw around the listing statue of Obi-Wan and crushed the stone figure to rubble with a soundless bite.
    Roll for initative.

Cado

Ashhak shrugged as he turned his many eyes on Cado. "How should I know? You think the officers bother to tell me anything? If I had to hazard a guess though I'd say he's his quarters."
    Cado knows that Captain Baldor's quarters are near the barracks.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Titus quickly powered down his weapon, clipped it to his belt, and found a working console. Wordlessly he started typing various commands, trying to gain better access to the computer. "Norl, give me a hand with this." He glanced back at Kado. "You know your way around a terminal my enigmatic friend?"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Titus and Kandor

Peering at the console over Titus's shoulder Norl offered him a few tips on cracking into Imperial computer systems. The console's screen suddenly changed verifying that they had gained partial access to the computer. A list of log entries appeared on the left hand of the screen, it appeared to be a list of ship names along with the crew manifests, cargo, and destinations.
    Aid Another 1d20 + 5 = 23.

You have altered the computer's attitude to Indifferent. Good job! You can now access information.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Tendau's eyes went wide as the massive sea monster crushed the statue in its jaws. He caught Jado's attention and motioned emphatically toward and with kicks of his massive legs, shot upward.

Pointing his carbine down between his feet, he unleashed a couplet of bolts at the creature.

• Options
    Titus ignores the various lists and continues to type away at the console, trying to find access to the actual communications controls. He slams a fist on the console in frustration. "Diplomat! Come give me a hand!"
    Use Computer (1d20+8=9) Trying to improve attitude more...ugh. @Solar, help!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    "Hmmm, this is a rather complex system. The Imperial software never did have much in the way of subtlety, but in terms of brute force power there always has been a vivid muscularity to them..." Gently tapping away at the screen, Kandor attempted to coerce the system into giving them more access...

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Jado and Tendau

The Opee Sea Killer thrashed as blaster fire struck it crushing many of the fleeing crab droids around it beneath its armored hide. Propelling itself upward it tried to seize Tendau but its jaws were ill equipped for biting anything smaller than a starfighter.
    Bite 1d20+12[/u] 21 2d6+11 13

Tendau doesn’t lose any limbs today.

Jado is up!

Titus and Kandor

Growing up on Coruscant, and turning spy for the rebel alliance, had taught Kandor more than a little about how to gain access to computer systems. The Imperial computer yielded to his efforts and with a few deft keystrokes he’d found and disable the communications blackout that had been initiated.
    The computer is now Friendly. You gain a +2 bonus to Use Computer checks and it grants you access to non-secret programs and information.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Jado felt the flood of fear, concern for Tendau, hatred for this monstrosity begin to well up and forcefully nipped it in the bud. She would face this nightmare as a Jedi, her mind clear and unsullied by her emotions.

Digging deep down into herself, she swam far more smoothly than ever before, stopping as she neared one of the creatures' eyes and placing herself between the creature and Tendau. Once there she did not make a move to draw her lightsaber, but instead she looked deep withing the creature's eye and projected a flood of raw emotions of friendship, of love, of peace at the thing, driving out the bloodlust and pain and hunger that it felt.

After a few heartbeats of throwing everything she had into her endevour (though she would remember it later as several minutes), she stopped, smiling at the creature reassuringly.

• Options
    Jado and Tendau

The enormous beast blinked stupidly at Jado then opened its mouth and tried to take a bite out of the Balosar. A passing Gungan swept by and grabbed her around the middle hoisting her out of harm’s way. Jado wasn’t certain wether the creature was too simpleminded or too angry to be swayed by her efforts, but it was clear that she would have to try something else.
    Tendau is up again!

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Tendau continued to kick toward the surface firing wildly downward at the beast.

• Options
    Tendau and Jado

As the gungan who'd rescued her from the Opee Sea Killer swam with all his might Jado watched the enormous fish swam ever closer to her and her rescuer. Pushing him out of the creature's path of destruction Jado felt its jaws graze her shoulder as it swam past. Trails of blood colored the water around her and the great fish turned around to make a second pass.
    Bite 1d20+12 30 2d6+11 11

Kandor and Titus

A flashing icon on the computer console caught Kandor's eye, it appeared to be an open commline with a group of Imperial ships somewhere nearby Naboo. As he tapped the icon the voice of a young woman began to speak through the console. Imperial patrol squadron X47A Black reporting in. Does anyone copy? I repeat we've sighted an unidentified Star Destroyer exiting hyperspace. What are our orders?

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Jado shook her head sadly, not really giving the wound much thought. The creature was obviously just doing what it was made to do, which was to kill and eat things. Unfortunately, she couldn't allow him to continue impeding them. Glancing up at Tendau, she gave her mentor the 'All clear' hand signal before swimming slowly toward the creature as it charged her. As it opened its mouth to bite her, she put on a burst of speed and swam straight into the thing's open maw.

• Options
    Titus shrugged at Kandor before pressing the comm button. "Uh...squadron X47A Black, hold tight. We've got issues down here, no sense in kicking the hornet's nest anymore."

Switching channels, he presses the button again. "Unidentified cruiser entering Naboo space, identify yourselves."

Waiting for a response, he starting typing away idly at the console.
    Use Computer (1d20+8=11) Not sure what to look for specifically...perhaps who is instigating the revolution or whatever is going on.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Titus and Kandor

The young pilot's voice was replaced with a much deeper emotionless one. "This is the Emperor's Wisdom, first ship of the true Empire, and we claim this world. Surrender or you will be destroyed. Order your patrol to return to the surface at once or it will be fired upon. This is your one and only warning.
    You might be able to locate the information Heir, but the DC to do so would be 25.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Jado and Tendau

A moment after Jado vanishes inside of the Opee Sea Killer a bright light begins to shine between the creature's teeth. Its eyes go wide and rolls violently to its left knocking several Gungans out of the way.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Tendau's hearts leaped into his throats as Jado was swallowed by the beast. She had intentionally swam *INTO* its mouth. Jado had apparently sacrificed herself to save an old, tired, worn out Ithorian. Foolish girl. The young continued to die for the old. Tendau had seen it far too many times on the battlefield.

He struck out for the surface with renewed haste, determined not to let her sacrifice be in vain.
    Move x2: Get to the surface!
    Swim (1d20+3=14)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Kandor slapped the old soldier's hands away from the board. "Great Force, Man, don't press that or we'll have the entire security force on our heads. Go into the subsystems to avoid the... look, just give it here..." stabbed a few runs the Diplomat played around with their access details and gently poked the system into giving them file updates from local security forces, cross-referenced with civilian communications.
    Computing...: 1d20+11 25

There was a soft chittering as the data access core processed the information, and Kandor smiled thinly. "Ah, it seems that even the half-braindead rust buckets with their decades old systems that we have been stationed on haven't stripped my slicing subtletly from me yet..." Pausing, he turned to both other men, who looked rather indignant. "Er, no offense meant, of course. They're quite charming in a rustic sort of way. Perhaps we should suggest X47A Black retreat? I doubt they have the firepower to resist a battle ready Star Destroyer, and I'd rather we didn't have to report back a significant loss of stellar assets."

Solar on
  • Options
    Titus muttered to himself. "Would be great to have Rogue Squadron around..." Sighing, he nodded his head. "Yeah, let's get them to pull back for now." He growled, "We're not giving this planet up just yet though..."

Pressing the comm, he switched the channel. "X47A, pull back for now. Stay safe for now, but keep yourselves available."

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Kandor and Titus

Whoever had masterminded this coup on Naboo clearly hadn’t been expecting someone with Kandor’s abilities to become involved. Reports from the local security forces were being filed under a false data point where they would remain unnoticed as long as no one went poking around in computer systems. Several high ranking Imperial officers who were clearly working to aid the forces working against Moff Panaka were in constant communication with the security forces. They had turned most of the Imperial troops in the capital to their side by claiming that the Moff had been killed and that rebels had seized the palace.

Some of the soldiers who had been recruited locally, or served with Panaka for most of their careers, had fortified a position in the palace. They were managing to hold the Imperial advance off but without reinforcements it was only a matter of time before they would be killed.

The voice of the pilot from the Imperial patrol answered immediately. “Understood, we’ll keep an eye on them from a distance until we receive further orders.”

Tendau

Bursting through the surface of the water Tendau saw that the liberated prisoners were making their way to the lakeshore. Gungans were helping one another as they moved towards the edge of the jungle.

Jado

The glow of Jado’s lightsaber bathed the inside of the Opee Sea Killer’s mouth with a pale green light. Aside from the enormous teeth barring her escape route and the inky darkness at the back of its mouth there wasn’t much to see. Something long and slipper coiled itself around Jado’s waist and with a strangled cry of surprise she was hauled backwards by a massive tongue.
    Bite 1d20+12 29
    Damage 2d6+11 14

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Titus, listening in over Kandor's shoulder, butts in. "We need to help the moff secure his authority here. If we can do so, he can probably put an end to this uprising, and then we can deal with defending the entire karking planet from these *new* guys." He sighed angrily. "Why can't these ever be easy?"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Tendau removed his breathers and immediately began barking orders in an attempt to bring order to the chaos.

"Everyone out of the water! There's an angry Opee nipping at my toes! Stay together and head for the AT-ST!" At the jungle's edge, the gungan AT-ST stood guard, its pilot hung halfway out of the top hatch waiving the survivors to him.

Nearby Tendau a republic trooper broke the water's surface sputtering and splashing. His helmet had been ripped off and the seals on his amphibious assault armor had failed causing the armor to lose its buoyancy. The trooper struggled to keep his head above water as the weight of his flooded armor dragged him down.

Tendau swam to the trooper dove briefly beneath the surface trying to locate the armor's emergency separation system. The system was frequently used by field medics to quickly remove an injured trooper's armor to expose wounds for treatment.
    Move - Swim: 1d20+3 14
    Standard - Perception: 1d20+13 17 - Find the button

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Jado shakes her head as it bounces off the wall of the mouth. I'm spending too much time being proud of my own cleverness. she thought wryly. Now lets see how hard it is to cut off a huge tongue...
    Attack the tongue! C: 1d20+4 7 2d8+1 9

El Skid on
  • Options
    Jado and Tendau

Tendau's finger slid over the slippery button on the soldier's armor and the protective plates fell away from him. The soldier coughed as water filled his mouth but he began to swim more easily. "Thank you sir."

Meanwhile The instant that Jado's weapon touched the Opee Sea Killer's tongue the slimy appendage uncoiled itself and the Balosar girl found herself being ejected from the beast's mouth like an offensive morsel of food. She was expelled from the sea killer's mouth with such force that she rocketed to the surface of the lake. A cheer went up from the gungans on the shore as they saw Jado emerge from the water her robes coated in the slimy saliva and blood of the Opee Sea Killer.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Tendau was standing at the edge of the water, his arms folded across his chest, staring at Jado as she emerged from the shallows.

"Jado!" he bellowed. The power of his voice echoed across the lake and startled a flock of colorful cranes which took wing. Jado froze immediately, still thigh deep in water.

Tendau's eyes narrowed. "That was the most foolish, most dangerous, and most irresponsible stunt I've ever seen!" He stomped into the surf until he stood towering over her. Jado looked up somewhat fearfully.

Tendau's eyes softened and what passed for an Ithorian smile spread across his mouths. "It was also the bravest."

Tendau bent down and scooped up Jado in a crushing embrace.

Klivian on
  • Options
    Jado squirmed in the Ithorian's crushing embrace. "..ndau.... wasn't that bad ...knew what I was doin..." could be discerned from Tendau's torso. Finally, Jado just gave up and simply stood still, returning the embrace.

• Options
    "Titus my dear chap, if it was easy they would never have called us. We need to formulate a plan, I think. Currently, the Moff is on his back foot and if he loses, then the Rebel Alliance no longer has this world." Frowning, Kandor considered the situation. "It seems that the Imperial Officers that have betrayed our dear friend Moff Panaka are using misinformation and propaganda to bring troops over to their side. We need to counter this with a little bit of information brokering of our own..." Fingers flying across the terminal, Kandor attempted to contact Panaka himself.

"If we can get Panaka to broadcast personally to his troops, friend and foe, then it might at least cause consternation in the minds of those who have been deceived. Also he may wish to know which officers in his high command have decided to let the Rancor in through the back door, as it were. In the meanwhile, perhaps we can launch a little subversive operation of our own... any ideas?"