As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077 - It Can't Get Darker Than Night City, Right?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I hated Dishonored’s enforced pacifism. To get the good ending you had to play a way more boring game. That should never happen!

Playing the original Deus Ex in a pacifist style was rewarding as hell, and you still got awesome abilities that were entertaining to use.

Cyberpunk obviously won’t be possible with pacifism, but I hope they don’t railroad you into taking boring abilities because they’re necessary to get a good ending or something.

The leeway for being able to kill people and staying low chaos is actually pretty forgiving.

Yeah, first time I went through I just killed whoever was in my way and still stayed low chaos for most of it. It only switches to high chaos when you go out of your way to kill everyone you can find.
    (Which I did when I met the assassins, because yeah, they're assassins. Which meant I then got an area filled with Weepers, which I considered mercy kills, so I got the high chaos ending. I felt good about it though)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    That bit was pretty easy to pacifist. I had so god damn many protein bars and stun darts is was ridiculous. Just cloak and multi-takedown a bunch and the stun darts are there for people you can't get to to takedown.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Hmm. Jason Schreier is obviously a very high-profile, and very capable, industry writer/journalist/analyst/etc.

I haven't always agreed with his predictions or even his reporting in the past, but that doesn't make them less worth consideration. And here I suspect he's right.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Jason Schreier very rarely says something without having a lot of evidence behind it, and when he is wrong he's quick to admit it and edit appropriately.

• Options
    I'm guessing they'll announce Q1 of 2020 (even though they were hoping Q4 of 2019) and then open pre-order bonus items along with special editions.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I wonder if it'll be a really, really cool looking special edition that will sell out near-instantly, then eventually turn out to be substantially less cool and in fact a bit of a boondoggle.

No, I'm not salty about Fallout 4, why do you ask?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'd really like for them to put out a playable demo. The gameplay video from a few months back that was like, 45 minutes of stuff? Let's all have that.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I’ve never had much doubt that they wouldn’t release in 2020.

It’s just too perfect a year for it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Just be ready for possible delays to 2021.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    If anything I’d expect them to artificially delay a 2019 launch to get a 2020.

It’s a once in a, well, ever perfect year to release a Cyberpunk 2020 game.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Jazz wrote: »
    I wonder if it'll be a really, really cool looking special edition that will sell out near-instantly, then eventually turn out to be substantially less cool and in fact a bit of a boondoggle.

Do you mean Fallout 76, because I feel like I got what I ordered with the Fallout 4 preorder. Unless there was a special tier above the Pipboy edition.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    A duck! wrote: »

Do you mean Fallout 76, because I feel like I got what I ordered with the Fallout 4 preorder. Unless there was a special tier above the Pipboy edition.

I meant the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy. Definitely fell into the "wish I hadn't bothered" category. But I've still got it.

Still love how Todd announced it, though. Dude did an amazing job with that.

Jazz on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

We'll know if they sell shitty booze tie ins.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    For me, like... I don't want the tiresome "pacifist" runs / "alignment system" crap that punishes you for messing up. But I really hope there's more options for solving things without direct combat or conflict or murder when possible. Witcher 3 did have situations where you could do that, and it also had situations where you could go "Hm, actually, violence IS the answer" (WHORESON JUNIOR.......)

Oh what I hope they keep from the Witcher (and I am like 90% certain they will) is how a lot of your choices didn't have a immediate impact. Good or bad you really wouldn't know what, if any, affect your choice would have on things until later on down the road. (okay technically yes by virtue of being choices they did have an immediate impact, but the bigger picture stuff would come much later).

Even better was that a "good" choice may end up biting you in the ass later while a "bad" choice may benefit you in time or vice versa. Point is you weren't clairvoyant.

Too many games with Good/Evil choices have an immediate impact on the story. Or at the very least an impact that comes soon enough that if you didn't like the outcome you could reload a save without losing too much time. Also the "Good" choices are almost always a positive and "Evil" choices are almost always a negative to the point where sure you can play as an asshole, but you will be actively hamstringing yourself the entire time.

I don't want "good" or "evil" but I would like more character-based stories. If I'm playing with an actor or journalist background, maybe I'm more interesting in running cons, exposing assholes, and getting people arrested or assassinated by their rivals than shooting it out. I'd love a system that lets me lean into that in a natural way, with story outcomes based on my choices instead of a good/evil meter.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I love how much work they're putting in. Take a listen to these lyrics and imagine how this sound would sound done on a budget.
    Got the chips and enhancements
    Got the Attitude right
    Got the Metal beneath my skin
    I'm chippin' in...

Here's a quick preview of the song done for the game.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I love how much work they're putting in. Take a listen to these lyrics and imagine how this sound would sound done on a budget.
    Got the chips and enhancements
    Got the Attitude right
    Got the Metal beneath my skin
    I'm chippin' in...

Here's a quick preview of the song done for the game.

Isn't that song in the gameplay demo on the radio and stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind, can't read

Also, what's wrong with the way it sounds already? :D

Bigity on
  • Options
    I like how it sounds, I'm just imagining how easy it would be to sound terrible!

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I wonder if all the discussion about industry labor practices affected their release plans.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    I wonder if all the discussion about industry labor practices affected their release plans.
    I would hope so.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I mean look.They'd definitely have all of that setup before shipping and the game coming in 2020 or sooner was obvious. . .

But god damn if I'm not vibrating with anticipation of a surprise 2019 release. Still at minimum this suggests at the latest early 2020.

Also that is some damn good looking cover art.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Also that is some damn good looking cover art.

I'm not a fan of the bright yellow.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently Keanu Reeves is in this?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    April 16, 2020.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Bless you Keanu being the man with the release date.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    KEANU REEVES IS IN THIS GAME OPH MYGOD

• Options
    The BEST surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRZvITN285w

Johnny Mnemonic is great.

• Options
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I am down with this new Surprise Keanu thing.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jack this game straight into my veins.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

To clarify that's the GOG preorder page in case anyone is like me and damn near bought the game on the wrong platform because of being in a nonsensical rush to buy the game :P

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

To clarify that's the GOG preorder page in case anyone is like me and damn near bought the game on the wrong platform because of being in a nonsensical rush to buy the game :P

Real page

https://www.cyberpunk.net/us/en/pre-order

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    2020? But that's not now,!

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Not only is Keanu Reeves in the game, but I'm pretty sure he's playing Johnny Silverhand.

It also looks like it's meant as a way of showing the consequences of the choices in the original demo.

And we all knew Jackie was gonna be wasted. He's not gonna just give you his car...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I still suspect it's going to be delayed, but delayed releases have reasons.

Meanwhile, Keanu Reeves! *swoon*

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss Keanu! Love the music too

Xantomas on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I'm building my character to romance Keanu Reeves

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."